Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 5:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Wonderfull news!!! sighs

Seems to me, that I will need to lower my hype meter to trainwreck status.
Jul 4, 2015 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
here's another person who attended the FSN panel and nothing is confirmed yet according to him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3c67fc/my_summary_of_the_fsn_special_event_at_ax_2015/
Jul 4, 2015 11:06 PM
Mar 2012
LitzSabr said:
"Hikaru Kondo at the special event says Heaven's Feel will be a movie and didn't clarify if it would be a single one."
- Karoshi
Pretty much this, I was at the panel. No recordings this time since I was afraid to get caught and kicked out.
Jul 5, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2015
LastChapter said:
LitzSabr said:
"Hikaru Kondo at the special event says Heaven's Feel will be a movie and didn't clarify if it would be a single one."
- Karoshi
Pretty much this, I was at the panel. No recordings this time since I was afraid to get caught and kicked out.
Then you might want to change the title of the thread before more people get the wrong idea.
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2012
Aurioch said:
thepath said:
It is still better than no movie at all

DEEN UBW says otherwise...

I say otherwise, because I did enjoy UBW movie

Also, you have the option not to watch it if you only enjoy full adaptation
Jul 5, 2015 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
Because that soundcloud message is soo reliable. whoa
Definitely confirmed. Couldn't even understand what he said xD Everyone is like aargh but has someone actually really confirmed this?
Must be true then of course. everyone listened. nobody understood. saw title. Okay I'm mad now!
Not like confirmed news are written in announcments somewhere or stuff.

Okay srsly:
Unless there are confirmed news sites and stuff from ufotable I believe someone had fun making a shitstorm in either telling someone he said xy and nobody understands or whatsoever.
And I don't think they will screw heavens feel up that much. it will probably be the same level as fate/zero, kara no kyoukai and ubw tv.
And yep I dare to compare all three with each other. They were all equally good (or bad adaptions but for me they were good). ufotable didn't really disappoint me so I just can't believe this.

Different would be of course if they have no intention of making a proper adaption in the first place and just hope for some quick sells.
but then they should rather make a hentai and adapt all the hentai scenes from the vn xD
And nobody will complain about "ufotable only has good animations and looks" because that will be all that counts for the viewers haha

EDIT: OMG Whaaat a suurprise. nothing's been confirmed yet. That soundcloud thing was no reliable source. that was totally soooo unexpected.
Not like there is any sarcasm in this edit btw. nonono
Crystalis777Jul 5, 2015 5:33 PM
Something something something
Jul 5, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
FakePriest said:
No, according to source material readers KnK and F/Z were really well adapted. A perfect example of someone who read KnK and loved the adaption but hated ufoUBW.

There is a notable difference between F/sn and the other two adaptions though: It's based on a visual novel instead of a light novel.
Jul 5, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
FakePriest said:
When they outright alter scenes in UBW it's not okay. For example: Why did they make Shirou lose and kneel to Gil? Is it so hard to make Shirou win like in the VN? There are also too many other shitty changes. This isn't a matter of being VN or LN.

He never "won" in the VN either, the "hole" just appeard before Shirou's attempt to slash Gil. Shirou optimistically saying "I can get him surely..." does not mean he will. He is not an omnicious narrator.

There were indeed quite some "shitty" changes, but there were also a very small amount of improvements here and there.

But the real problem for UBW was the source material. The "great" moments are based on very conceptual things that only work well in text based media. It's very unsuited for the a visual medium like anime. The "suggestions" how they could have made it "better" that I read on this forum were very often outright laughable. Too much criticism based on what people didn't like, without good examples of how to make it better, i.e. there was a severe lack of constructive criticism.
Jul 5, 2015 9:33 PM

Oct 2014
The thing with Illya is exactly the same as in the VN in regards to the order of events. The intermission just jumps back in time a bit in the VN, confusing people about the order of events. The only difference is that Gil uses his single sword spam on Shirou only after collecting Illya's heart in the VN, while in the anime he uses it earlier.

And anime onlys don't want MORE monologues. VN readers maybe, yes, but most anime onlys complained that there are too many of them. Anime viewer mentality =/= VN reader mentality. Well if ufotable made a mistake it was to try to please everyone instead of focusing on one, though if that is a mistake or not is hard to tell. BD sales for the first cour of the UBW anime were quite good from what I read.

As I said I am not denying that there were quite a few avoidable mistakes in the series, but I disagree that there are as many mistakes as some claim there to be.
Jul 5, 2015 10:45 PM

May 2012
FakePriest said:
Losig777 said:
Definitely confirmed. Couldn't even understand what he said xD Everyone is like aargh but has someone actually really confirmed this?
Must be true then of course. everyone listened. nobody understood. saw title. Okay I'm mad now!
Yeeeeeah just cuz u didn't understand doesn't mean no one did. It was clear that someone asked him if it'll be multiple movies like KnK then the interpreter said that in the TM Ace he(Hikaru Kondo) likes to write his personal phantasies where he wrote how he could make it a six hour movie but that since it's unrealistic it'll unfortunately be regular length and that it'll be a "single feature project".

I'm still looking for when they say it's single feature project. Since the recording never says that. It says small, not single.

"My personal fantasy was to make a 6 hour long project but this would be unrealistic due to distribution, so I gave up and this would end up being a small feature like/length I can't project."

I'm not sure what he says after feature.... it could be featurette.

It says small "feature somthing" project.
It never says single.

For the record a small featurette project would mean a project consisting of small films, not a small film. KnK for example can be considered a small featurette project.
All he's saying is that he gave up on making a 6 hour movie, and that the movie/movies will smaller than that
KamiCityJul 5, 2015 10:54 PM
Jul 5, 2015 11:35 PM

Jan 2011
Oh well.
Jul 6, 2015 1:06 AM

May 2012
FakePriest said:
I just listened to it again and I'm certain that he said single, surely not small. It's at the very end right before they all go "awww".

I'm not the only one who heard that. u can tell from the title of this thread from LastChapter who was there and here this too.
astroprogs said:

I heard "Single feature project", but whatever it's the same.

Hmm without headphones I can sort of hear single feature-(???) project. With headphones I can't, I tried multiple ones i still get small/or a word similar to small... but if a person that was there did say they heard single, then it might just be distortion.

I still don't get feature tho, there is something between feature and project with headphones or without. Feature length, featurette, feature-aye lol idk but there is something there.

Oh well who knows, from the looks of it, it seems it was likely translator error or something.
Jul 6, 2015 1:35 AM

May 2012
Grey-Zone said:
And anime onlys don't want MORE monologues. VN readers maybe, yes, but most anime onlys complained that there are too many of them. Anime viewer mentality =/= VN reader mentality. Well if ufotable made a mistake it was to try to please everyone instead of focusing on one, though if that is a mistake or not is hard to tell. BD sales for the first cour of the UBW anime were quite good from what I read.

As I said I am not denying that there were quite a few avoidable mistakes in the series, but I disagree that there are as many mistakes as some claim there to be.
Anime onlies should be aware that Fate/stay night is like the Monogatari series, dialogue heavy, and actions here and there are just ways to move the story or resolve a story. This is why it's actually stupid to even list F/SN as action anime, because current trend people tend to have is: Action = "OMG!!! Shounen! OP'd MCs! Awesome fights one after another! Not dialogue heavy and not much monologues! This is gonna be cooooool!!!!!" So yeah, UBW might be trying to kinda accommodate for those type of viewers. But of course, no such thing as equal treatment as Fate doesn't work that way no matter in what medium. Or, they could fit monologues into the BDs, but of course, we don't really see that in first cour. So the makers should just select one type of audience, because there will always be a sacrifice of the other type of audiences when trying to satisfy one type of audience. This is why there isn't a single anime out there that have absolutely noooo haters.
Jul 6, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2012
KamiCity said:
What's a one week delay to an anime series?

nothing.. but the 13yo here have something to hate about.
Jul 6, 2015 6:11 AM

Jan 2015
Now this topic becomes "UBW sucks or not?"...

KamiCity said:

"My personal fantasy was to make a 6 hour long project but this would be unrealistic due to distribution, so I gave up and this would end up being a small feature like/length I can't project."

After repeating this over and over, i mostly hear the same thing, but i don't hear the part "like/lenght i can't". It's "feature project". Nothing between these two words.
Jul 6, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2012
chaosflame5 said:
Grey-Zone said:

Anime onlies should be aware that Fate/stay night is like the Monogatari series, dialogue heavy, and actions here and there are just ways to move the story or resolve a story. This is why it's actually stupid to even list F/SN as action anime, because current trend people tend to have is: Action = "OMG!!! Shounen! OP'd MCs! Awesome fights one after another! Not dialogue heavy and not much monologues! This is gonna be cooooool!!!!!" So yeah, UBW might be trying to kinda accommodate for those type of viewers. But of course, no such thing as equal treatment as Fate doesn't work that way no matter in what medium. Or, they could fit monologues into the BDs, but of course, we don't really see that in first cour. So the makers should just select one type of audience, because there will always be a sacrifice of the other type of audiences when trying to satisfy one type of audience. This is why there isn't a single anime out there that have absolutely noooo haters.

You also have to realize we are the american audience it's hard to say that Japanese fans even got the shounen tag wherever they see it, given by the reception it's getting in japan.... it sold pretty well... I doubt people over there feel the same way about the whole action=shonen mentality or if it even matters at all.

Riveon said:
Now this topic becomes "UBW sucks or not?"...

KamiCity said:

After repeating this over and over, i mostly hear the same thing, but i don't hear the part "like/lenght i can't". It's "feature project". Nothing between these two words.

I keep hearing something in between theres an extra syllable... feature is supposed to sound like future/feeture, no sound after the R but here it sounds like featur-aye
oh well not like it matters anymore, it's pretty much clear now that there was no confirmation.
Jul 7, 2015 3:20 AM

May 2012
KamiCity said:
You also have to realize we are the american audience it's hard to say that Japanese fans even got the shounen tag wherever they see it, given by the reception it's getting in japan.... it sold pretty well... I doubt people over there feel the same way about the whole action=shonen mentality or if it even matters at all.
Yeah, that's true. And there are European audience too don't forget. But in the end, it all comes to what people have watched, which leads them to think how other anime might be to them if they start watching.
Jul 7, 2015 7:26 AM

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:

He never "won" in the VN either, the "hole" just appeard before Shirou's attempt to slash Gil. Shirou optimistically saying "I can get him surely..." does not mean he will. He is not an omnicious narrator.

But then he wasn't about to get killed and Gil didn't stand around ready to kill him with a GOB portal open for a few seconds just standing waiting for the power of plot to save Shirou. And lol if you think there was anything Gil could've done then.

But the real problem for UBW was the source material. The "great" moments are based on very conceptual things that only work well in text based media. It's very unsuited for the a visual medium like anime. The "suggestions" how they could have made it "better" that I read on this forum were very often outright laughable. Too much criticism based on what people didn't like, without good examples of how to make it better, i.e. there was a severe lack of constructive criticism.

Right, right, showing Caster about to kill Taiga instead of loosening strings or adding Shirous monologue in the porch instead of "you dont know it until youve tried TEME" or adding his one line "thats not it, I dont want to be a burden" are laughable unimaginable changes that are far too difficult to happen in the anime medium.
Grey-Zone said:
The thing with Illya is exactly the same as in the VN in regards to the order of events. The intermission just jumps back in time a bit in the VN, confusing people about the order of events. The only difference is that Gil uses his single sword spam on Shirou only after collecting Illya's heart in the VN, while in the anime he uses it earlier.

Lol at being confused by the intermission time placing. And he doesn't smash Shirou in the face with a sword in the VN.

And anime onlys don't want MORE monologues. VN readers maybe, yes, but most anime onlys complained that there are too many of them. Anime viewer mentality =/= VN reader mentality.

Who cares? We're talking about it's failings as an adaptation. If they don't want it or whatever, then maybe they're the wrong audience.
InsertanamehereJul 7, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 7, 2015 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
FakePriest said:
Yeeeeeah just cuz u didn't understand doesn't mean no one did. It was clear that someone asked him if it'll be multiple movies like KnK then the interpreter said that in the TM Ace he(Hikaru Kondo) likes to write his personal phantasies where he wrote how he could make it a six hour movie but that since it's unrealistic it'll unfortunately be regular length and that it'll be a "single feature project".

Yep but I can't know (and my comment was somewhat implying) how many in the thread actually can understand him here and how many just freaked out because of the title and not because of they listened to what he said and got angry from that.
[quote=FakePriest]
No, according to source material readers KnK and F/Z were really well adapted. A perfect example of someone who read KnK and loved the adaption but hated ufoUBW.
[quote]
Well yeah it's true that F/Z and KnK adaptions are storywise much closer to the original source material than UfoUBW if you take it that way. They didn't alter that much.
What I actually meant was the inner monologues, because some people were complaining about too much inner dialogue from the vn missing in ufoubw. If you take it that way it's at least in KnK with Shiki the same way (F/Z had quite a lot there)
Oh well I guess it's just me then not having a problem with the new anime adaption and being able to ejoy it equally xD
Yeah I'm weird for being able to enjoy a lot much. But maybe people'd be a lot cheerier if they were also just taking stuff as it is and enjoy what we get.
Something something something
Jul 10, 2015 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
The reason why HF will get a single regular-length movie:

LMAO
From the FB page of the one and only Aron Headbutt.
astroprogsJul 10, 2015 6:24 PM
Jul 10, 2015 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
Haha, but I actually wonder what Japanese fans thought of UBW TV.

As far as HF, while I like UBW overall I'm not completely certain that I'm confident in a HF anime even if it is a series at this point.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 11, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
Multiple Movies
Royalirishman said:
What is the point I'm pretty sure multiple movies would sell well as it's fate.

Poor fate fanboys.

This, Still gonna make the $ but I hope we at least get multiple movies :/
Jul 11, 2015 8:54 PM

Jul 2013
Oh ho ho ho ho. I feel sorry for the haters... it looks like Heaven's Feel won't save UBW anymore.

UBW still the best route.
Jul 11, 2015 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
Amusing thread
Jul 12, 2015 6:32 AM

May 2013
Oh, great. What a strange decision. Ufotable losing tons of respect due to this FSN farce.

Well, at least the manga has been decent so far. I'll just give up on this.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jul 12, 2015 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
rip heavens feel movie
huh
Jul 13, 2015 9:42 AM

Sep 2014
Miura gets fired confirmed. No seriously that would be the dumbest idea since Gyo.... Doubt that the source is reliable.
Jul 13, 2015 9:00 PM
Jan 2014
As disappointing as it is for Heavens Feel to be only one movie, there is some sense in it.

Anybody who's watched even the first 2 episodes of F/Z (which is probably almost everybody who would be watching this) will already have had most of the big plot points of HF spoiled.

There is no real point in spending a lot of time building up to the things like
when everybody watching already knew it from the start.

The HF movie will mostly be a treat to fans so that they can see their favourite HF sequences in action. It won't be a way of really telling the HF story. There just wouldn't be much of a point in that anymore.
Jul 14, 2015 8:58 PM
Sep 2014
As the one who didnt read VN im looking forward to this route.
I dont know how long this route is but i do hope we will get 25 episodes like previous two routes.
Jul 15, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
NaCro said:
As the one who didnt read VN im looking forward to this route.
I dont know how long this route is but i do hope we will get 25 episodes like previous two routes.

Do people actually read what is on the page for each anime entry?
Jul 16, 2015 12:11 PM
Sep 2014
I dont know and i dont know what you mean by that.
Jul 16, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Man, it says right on the page for Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel that it's a movie. What we don't know for sure is how many of them there will be. Though by the looks of it, it's probably going to be just one.
Jul 16, 2015 5:59 PM
Sep 2014
Aha, thats what you are talking about.
Did anyone said anything different? As you can see in thread title it have "?".
And non of us said anything different, only guesses.
UBW had a movie ( didnt watch it though) before tv show, so why not hope for tv show adaptation as well?
Jul 16, 2015 7:52 PM

May 2012
NaCro said:
UBW had a movie ( didnt watch it though) before tv show, so why not hope for tv show adaptation as well?

Heaven's Feel will be in a movie format, it won't be a 25 episode series.
We don't know how many movies it will be yet, that's why the "?" mark is there.
It could be 1 movie, it could be 3, it could even be 6 depending on what the producer decides to do.

Heaven's Feel being a series in the future is highly unlikely, there is nothing wrong in hoping for it though.
Jul 16, 2015 11:17 PM

May 2012
NaCro said:
Movie format is confirmed since nearly a year ago (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1234587). It's the number of movies that no one is certain about~ Hence the question mark on the title of this thread.
Jul 17, 2015 3:59 AM
Sep 2014
Fu**ing hell, did you two actually read what i wrote?
If you did then you should do it again, but this time slowly.

I know that question mark in title is for number of movies, but they didnt say anywhere that tv show will not happen one day in the future.
NarcoJul 17, 2015 4:22 AM
Jul 18, 2015 10:58 AM
Sep 2014
Ehh, dont ruin my hopes . Im sorry, i didnt check who created previous movie, i was wrong.
First post said that they wanted to make movie that span over 6 hours, that is like 16,17 episode ( right?)
I hope they will decide to make trilogy or something. I dont want them to rush it and put everything in one movie.
Jul 18, 2015 1:45 PM

May 2012
Highly doubted that there'll be a TV show other than the movie(s). Since HF route involves a lot of rape from what I've heard, so if in a TV medium, there comes the censorship laws and all that crap. So won't do HF route justice at all. And I agree with Forgetfulness, Ufo is already the best studio for this, so if there's a TV series after the movie(s), then it would more likely to be inferior. So this is why this movie better be good with good directing, since UBW failed a lot due to poor directing.
Jul 20, 2015 1:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ufotable, F.U.C.K. Y.O.U.!!!!!!
Jul 20, 2015 6:25 AM

May 2012
Playcool said:
Ufotable, F.U.C.K. Y.O.U.!!!!!!

Well there is another that falls for a misleading title and doesn't take the few seconds to read that nothing has been confirmed yet..... or he just hates Ufotable with a passion.
Jul 22, 2015 4:32 AM
Mar 2013
The problem is the director. Fire his butthole and replace him with the dude who did F/Z
Jul 22, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
SwiftKilla said:
The problem is the director. Fire his butthole and replace him with the dude who did F/Z

Eir Aoki is his name. He also did KNK1.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 22, 2015 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
I hope that's not true, was looking forwards to this. I heard Rider will get a lot more screentime in HF.
Jul 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2014
Gator said:
I hope that's not true, was looking forwards to this. I heard Rider will get a lot more screentime in HF.
shes defiantly one of the best characters on this route [spoiler]
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.