Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 12:23 AM

Nov 2011
lolis always save the day XD
Jul 4, 2015 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
Melcookie96 said:
lolis always save the day XD

XD
Cute is justice.
Jul 4, 2015 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
Did anybody else notice that the guy with the black hair walking away with Erina's cousin had something tied around his arm like souma. Is that foreshadowing something?
Jul 4, 2015 1:24 AM

Oct 2013
Oh that's what it was. At least Souma pulled through. Souma's father spotted in the episode preview. I really want to know how he relates to Totsuki. Yeah probably an alumni, but how do none of the popular chefs recognize the Yukihira name? We shall see
Jul 4, 2015 1:41 AM

Jan 2015
Welp I can genuinely say this is definitely my favourite anime of the season!
I get so excited to watch it every Friday, this episode didn't disappoint me. I'm glad to see the training camp coming to an end so we can move on. :)

Jul 4, 2015 3:07 AM

Jun 2014
I want those milkshake!
Jul 4, 2015 3:28 AM
Jun 2011
Scrom said:
Did anybody else notice that the guy with the black hair walking away with Erina's cousin had something tied around his arm like souma. Is that foreshadowing something?

Oh sure it is... just wait for it
Jul 4, 2015 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
Epic end the the first main arc of the series. I'm enjoying this anime more and more.
Alice seems like cool and nice enough character, she is great mainly in comparison with Erina.

Can't wait what Election arc has in store for us but I guess will will get one or two chillout episodes first.
Jul 4, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
Oh damn Soma barely made the 200 servings but in 30 minutes only that is o.o such joggling skill :3
I can feel that my interest in Alice is growing...
Jul 4, 2015 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
I want Alice's milkshake. If you know what I mean.

Jul 4, 2015 5:01 AM

Apr 2010
I knew Soma wouldn't fail. lol That SF reference at the end tho...10/10
Jul 4, 2015 5:11 AM

Oct 2013
I dont think they are gonna skip the Kaarage arc. Because the Autumn arc wouldn't make some sense without it. Like the close relationship between Souma and Nikumi suddenly. And why Eizan (an important character that got introduced in the arc) is pissed at Souma.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 5:13 AM

Feb 2014
The Street Fighter references were great. Erina looks pretty sexy as Blanca to be honest. ^^

Although she won with ease, no surprise that she used her time to rub salt into Soma's mental wounds when he was struggling. Thankfully, he stayed calm and thanks to the loli girl, he really took off from there.

His dish is not meant for a buffet, but despite that, he made the dish work with all the customers he was attracting thanks to his flashy cooking skills and tasty omelette dishes.

Alice's dishes looked pretty plain, but the taste and variety on offer was a success. Plus, her chibified happy face was soooo adorable! =3

Overall, another excellent episode and a fantastic arc as well!
Jul 4, 2015 5:20 AM
Apr 2013
I'm not liking Alice in the anime for some reason. She is far better in the manga.

Good episode. Preferred the manga chapters though.
And cannot wait for the election arc! I'm doubtful the show will end at 24 episodes, Election arc is a tad too long to fit in 10 episodes.

LOL @Street Fighter refs, Megumi as Cam looks so funny, and omg Erina as Blanca xD
Jul 4, 2015 5:21 AM

Jan 2015
exercariver13145 said:
Scrom said:

Oh sure it is... just wait for it

clearly souma's illegitimate half-brother
Jul 4, 2015 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
Vaelore said:
I dont think they are gonna skip the Kaarage arc. Because the Autumn arc wouldn't make some sense without it. Like the close relationship between Souma and Nikumi suddenly. And why Eizan (an important character that got introduced in the arc) is pissed at Souma.

If you ask me, their relationship hasn't changed all that much than it is right now. They could always include it in OVA.

Jul 4, 2015 6:09 AM

Jan 2011
SchwingBoner said:

Loli saves the day!

Oh yeah. Erina and Alice are definitely related. You can tell from their boobs size.

kayTheFalcon said:
FOR GOD'S SAKE PUT THE DARNED SPOILERS INSIDE A SPOILER TAG!!!!!

but seriously that girl is soo cute......

This. No nudity but still a cute foodgasm.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 4, 2015 7:06 AM
Apr 2013
Vaelore said:
I agree. But I hope they wrap up Karage arc within 4-5 episodes, it's rather boring.
Jul 4, 2015 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
Lesson once again. Narratively marks a defeat really burning to Soma, you save only for his athletic ability and the experience gained in the cafeteria; but Alice is the one who plays, the way I see it, in a perfect way the dictates imposed by the test. So much so that I was stunned when they showed the true face of the dishes made by the cousin of Erina. The only thing I regret in the story of this episode is the fact that he had shown the fortunes that have decreed the victory of Nikumi; I was more worried about her than for Soma. Another step that will remember this episode, is the concept of the Live Cooking, I will apply the next time you call someone at home. Drawings and animations beautiful once again, I hope that JC Staff, while committed to the new summer season, do not let fall the quality of this show.

SchwingBoner said:

Loli saves the day!

LOL

SchwingBoner said:
Oh yeah. Erina and Alice are definitely related. You can tell from their boobs size.

Not only that aspect links the two girls, perhaps the best part that binds them, is their beauty in facial features. ^_^
Jul 4, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
Jul 4, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
This was such a fantastic episode. The Anime is doing a great job in adapting the Manga! Next week the Election arc starts. I can't wait!
Jul 4, 2015 7:35 AM

Jan 2015
Oww this episode was great !!! watching Souma trying his hardest and showing his cooking skills was really refreshing, Alice sure is a tough one x'D
And the soundtracks in this episode are really something !! *__*
Really enjoyed it!! it got me hungry tho, I shouldn't have watched it while fasting lol
Jul 4, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty sure they're just going to rearrange the chapters and not skip the Karaage arc entirely. They've been following the manga too closely (heck even adding short scenes that could easily fit there) so I doubt they're going to deviate from it mid-season.
Jul 4, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2013
I just loved how Souma doesn't let neither Erina nor Alice get to him, not to mention how awesome his cooking performance was.

Also, Nakiri Alice huh? Quite an intro, a character I consider more of a bitch than Erina based on 1st impressions at least. Erina's arrogance at least feel's honest while Alice's seems based on jealousy(towards Erina anyway), and a desire to put mock & put others down more than her being the top dog.
Jul 4, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
MgMasterOfRivia said:
I just loved how Souma doesn't let neither Erina nor Alice get to him, not to mention how awesome his cooking performance was.

Also, Nakiri Alice huh? Quite an intro, a character I consider more of a bitch than Erina based on 1st impressions at least. Erina's arrogance at least feel's honest while Alice's seems based on jealousy(towards Erina anyway), and a desire to put mock & put others down more than her being the top dog.

How can anyone be more a bitch than Erina? She's been doing nothing but that.

Alice acknowledge Soma's achievement as noteworthy unlike Erina who will never accept Soma, like its the last thing she will ever do. Alice is playful and likes to tease people but she doesn't have any mean intention. She is the best girl.
Kaiser-chanJul 4, 2015 8:02 AM

Jul 4, 2015 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
MgMasterOfRivia said:

Alice acknowledge Soma's achievement as noteworthy unlike Erina who will never accept Soma, like its the last thing she will ever do. Alice is playful and likes to tease people but she doesn't have any mean intention. She is the best girl.

erina always biased when it comes to souma, she's always like that
Jul 4, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
dend08 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

She think lowly of Soma due to his background who work at a diner but the other Nakiri(like the principle and Alice) hardly cares about that and judge Soma based only on his cooking skills, Erina is just ughhh.

Jul 4, 2015 8:40 AM
May 2015
I don't think the amount of episodes left is enough for the Autumn Festival, that arc was long.....I'd think it'd take 15 episodes by itself
Jul 4, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2013
^they'll only do the preliminary arc, needs a second season for the whole thing :(

KaiserNazrin said:

It was souma's fault in the first place for teasing her.
And she's just stating the obvious, erina >>>>>>>>>>>> souma, in cooking
Jul 4, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
^they'll only do the preliminary arc, needs a second season for the whole thing :(

KaiserNazrin said:

sure he provoked her but she's very immature to let it get to her like that;
"he teased me so I should fail the dish I thought that tasted good" , literally that sounds like something a kid would do...

stating the obvious that her cooking is better than Souma's is not the same as wanting him to fail and get kicked out of Tootsuki, I like Erina but her hate for Souma is such a bad flaw
Jul 4, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
Souma's too OP! Reaching 200 servings within 30 minutes is amazing! If given full time, he would have reached more than 500 servings!

Now that this arc ends, can't wait for the re-entrance of the manliest character in SnS in the next episode!

Just to be sure... They're not going to skip one of my favorite arc which happens to be right after this arc ends.... right..?
Jul 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
ichii_1 said:

KaiserNazrin said:

Its childish as hell wanting someone to fail because use of that. I mean, come on she's supposed to be professional.

She doesn't need to act like that either way considering there are people that are better than her. Ishiki is the 7th seat which is higher than Erina and just look at him.

Jul 4, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
DesuTronic said:
It seems like lolis are immune against undressing effects of the food.

I thought the same :D. Great episode as usual, I hope next week we will have a new Op and Ending.
Jul 4, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
I got tired of the cliffhanger episodes every second week last week so I read up the manga last weekend. Well, most of it, until it got boring. Anyway, it was good to see Souma initally fail in his first attempt at buffet food, but then fall back on his fine-honed skills to actually reel the people in and get them eating anyway. That takes a different ability than just making good food, and it might be a skill that not a lot of his cooking contemporaries have in abundance. Next episode his dad returns?!
Jul 4, 2015 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
Wow great Episode continuation from last time! We see Souma learning through his failures/Problems and being a great cook because of that!;)

I like Alice too! I really feel she and Souma complements each other just like Erina :p

Wow 200 dishes in 30 mins! Great time Management Souma!

Alumni cooking is the last Part! Wow you deserve it guys!

Overall Great Episode! 9/10 :p
Jul 4, 2015 12:17 PM
Oct 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
She doesn't need to act like that either way considering there are people that are better than her. Ishiki is the 7th seat which is higher than Erina and just look at him.

Erina is dedicated and extremely serious, people who take being a chef as seriously as she does will be treated with respect, even if they are not as talented as her. When she targeted the sumo club and then donburi club it was because they hadn't tried to advance their cooking for several years. But there have been several scenes were she praises students who do make good food.

The conscious reason why she dislikes Souma is because she thinks he takes cooking far too lightly. This criticism incidentally was spot on (from the first episode Souma didn't think he needed to learn anything). For Erina, that Souma could make a good meal was a form of heresy. It wasn't that he was from a diner, per se, but rather that he thought he didn't need anything else. In this he showed no respect for the spirit of cooking, and that is a mortal sin to Erina (that was also her criticism towards Alice).

And on this she is correct. Souma has far too much arrogance and even more ignorance (and even worse he is unaware of his ignorance). When Erina says she wants Souma to fail, what she wants is for him to fail because of his arrogance and ignorance (if it were otherwise she could have taken him out with a Shokugeki - and trust me she would have won).

Even in the first episode he did fail according to her standards, he underestimated her, in the end she could deny his food. This is the hidden third fault of Souma, he only cares about dominating through taste. Remember his father trying to give him a hint what the true secret of cooking is? Souma hasn't learned that yet. That also was the ultimate reason Erina rejected his cooking (and no her cooking doesn't do the same thing, if I had to explain the difference, Souma ravishes your taste buds, Erina seduces them). For him it wasn't enough to let the food do the talking (as Erina did), he had to goad and taunt her. She was correct to reject him for that.

Souma's growth during this series has been his understanding of this: the ignorance he recognized with Takumi, the arrogance thinking he could beat Shinomiya, and most importantly that he lost to Megumi as well (they weren't kicked out of school because the judges realized that Megumi cared about the people who eat her food, she ultimately won because of this (something Shinomiya understood), Souma completely lost).

in accepting his shortcomings he is improving as a chef (and the irony is that the more he accepts, the more he accepts Erina's standard). Souma admitted this at the end of this episode. He finally accepted that he needed to attend this school in order to become a better chef and a better person.
Jul 4, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Even in the first episode he did fail according to her standards, he underestimated her, in the end she could deny his food. This is the hidden third fault of Souma, he only cares about dominating through taste. Remember his father trying to give him a hint what the true secret of cooking is? Souma hasn't learned that yet. That also was the ultimate reason Erina rejected his cooking (and no her cooking doesn't do the same thing, if I had to explain the difference, Souma ravishes your taste buds, Erina seduces them). For him it wasn't enough to let the food do the talking (as Erina did), he had to goad and taunt her. She was correct to reject him for that.

yeah I can totally see a real reason why she rejected his exam to get into the school
Souma may have acted arrogant but Erina's the same way even if she does have the skills to back it up
CEOAmaterasuJul 4, 2015 12:41 PM
Jul 4, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
Well next week Souma's Dad is coming and it's going to be fun
I guess

But I'm more excited for the upcoming
AUTUMN ELECTIONS ARC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eating sandwich while watching this episode

Jul 4, 2015 2:16 PM

Mar 2012
Oshit, that was amazing! I cannot get enough of that OST that played during Souma's comeback trail. Plus, it seems we got the full version of it there. Simply scintillating stuff.

And I imagine the Karaage arc is just being shifted until later; it wouldn't make much sense to skip it.
Jul 4, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
Man this show as me pulled in XD
"When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean."
—Lin-Chi
Jul 4, 2015 2:55 PM
Jul 2015
can't wait this trio in autumn election
Jul 4, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2015
Vanguard_Leonard said:
can't wait this trio in autumn election

holy moly this sounds epic :D
"When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean."
—Lin-Chi
Jul 4, 2015 4:11 PM
Jun 2014
They keep saying "school" but this isn't a school at all now is it?! If i were to describe it it would definitely be something like a reality show without cameras. There is no learning, only showing what you know and get thrown straight out on your ass if you fail without a chance to learn from your mistakes. Not sure the mangaka knows what a school is and how they work.
Jul 4, 2015 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
so the silver haired girl is Erina's cousin
Jul 4, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
dend08 said:

She think lowly of Soma due to his background who work at a diner but the other Nakiri(like the principle and Alice) hardly cares about that and judge Soma based only on his cooking skills, Erina is just ughhh.

Unless these 1st impressions of Alice are deceiving, her behavior & expression indicates that she's one who watches your every move & judges you silently, just waiting to mock you. She knows how to get under your skin, though Souma's probably thick-skinned enough even for her.

Erina is direct in her arrogance. One know's what to expect from someone like her(for the most part anyway) from the moment of her 1st appearance. You just know she'll generally look down on most people in a direct manner since they're mostly plebs to her and that's that.

If anyone wants to challenge Erina she'll put them down while trying to show how great she is, while Alice will probably try to show how bad the challenger was.

ManlyTearJul 4, 2015 4:50 PM
Jul 4, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
MgMasterOfRivia said:

Unless these 1st impressions of Alice are deceiving, her behavior & expression indicates that she's one who watches your every move & judges you silently, just waiting to mock you. She knows how to get under your skin, though Souma's probably thick-skinned enough even for her.

Erina is direct in her arrogance. One know's what to expect from someone like her(for the most part anyway) from the moment of her 1st appearance. You just know she'll generally look down on most people in a direct manner since they're mostly plebs to her and that's that.

If anyone wants to challenge Erina she'll put them down while trying to show how great she is, while Alice will probably try to show how bad the challenger was.

It was even more obvious in this episode, I mean '8 servings at most'? Come on now.

I thought for a moment Ikumi didn't make it but I was so relieved to see her during the banquet. Great episode, it was a very good arc overall & apparently the next one is even better according to some posts in this thread.
Jul 4, 2015 8:24 PM
Jan 2015
Alice is quickly becoming my favorite girl on the show. Seems very well balanced as a character (If not necessarily emotionally balanced).
Jul 4, 2015 8:25 PM

Dec 2014
Alice and Soma have some nice chemistry. I seriously want to know more about Ryo, he seems like an interesting character.
Jul 4, 2015 8:35 PM
Jul 2015
zerorequiem_ said:
Alice and Soma have some nice chemistry. I seriously want to know more about Ryo, he seems like an interesting character.

i think he's 1 of big top strongest character like soma, and then have power up item too in right hand. and another character still not showed up (guy with white ponytail)
Jul 4, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2015
best episode so far!

seriously alice is the best gurl

and this
(erina XD)
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.