Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that was quite something...

Quite nostalgic just seeing the crew members including the main cast again. Some good battle footage as well from the intensity of the environment. Kinda refreshing to see Apollo in the episode as well. It's been while since I've seen his presence in this franchise.
Jul 2, 2015 8:02 AM

Nov 2007
Looks like the new characters are related to the two Jin x Yunoha (not just same seiyuus, but have memory of them?)?

Temporary comment I got from watching director's cut broadcast ver.. Might edit later when complete ver. released on October 28, 2015.
tsubasaloverJul 2, 2015 9:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2015 7:21 PM

Oct 2013
Listening to all the Aquarion Openings in just 1 ONA, it's wonderful. Watched it unsubbed, so, I don't get quite much of the story, but it's good to see Yunoha an Jin together...althought in a diferent timeline.

It's also a sequel to Aquarion EVOL, and it's set before logos.
Jul 3, 2015 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
So this post will be mixed between spoiler and my understanding(?misunderstandings) since the second season doesn't appear to be a direct timeline with the first season...

This episode felt weird in in other ways though;
Jul 3, 2015 10:04 PM

Apr 2015
That was amazing!!!! Jin and Yunoha met their counterparts in another parallel timeline , Shin and Yuno.

We also got to see the main characters from the 1st and 2nd Aquarion Series!!!! I felt so hyped!

Again Amata -kuns undying 'Mikono-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!" and orgasmic fusions never bored me. Nice OVA!!!!
#CHEXIT
Jul 3, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2009
kyled00m said:

One thing that bothered me was Amata not being in his proper vector lol. Also, the dog form Apollo used.. did Kagura use that in EVOL? I don't remember, but I do know there was a few random forms for a short while in EVOL, just before the dark solar aquarion was formed.
Jul 4, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2009
kirby_422 said:
kyled00m said:

One thing that bothered me was Amata not being in his proper vector lol. Also, the dog form Apollo used.. did Kagura use that in EVOL? I don't remember, but I do know there was a few random forms for a short while in EVOL, just before the dark solar aquarion was formed.
I'm not going to debate things here but if you look in sousei, you lean that Apollonius was quite the dark "shadow angel" (I believe he wasn't really a shadow angel but that's just me)... His depictions weren't really sunshine and rainbows back then... more like a "dark beast".

Episode 2:

On the other hand...
Jul 4, 2015 6:19 AM

Sep 2008
OMG, no seriously OMG
all the openings !!!
both sets of main characters !!!
epic dog(hahah) fight

man, this series is just so stupidly good XD

did the original aquiarion op at the end was singes by (well, dunno if amata and mikono, or silvia and apollo)?
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 4, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2009
kirby_422 said:
kyled00m said:

Oh... I missed your spoiler the first time I read and replied because I was using so many spoiler tags recently... >.<

I didn't watch the movie so I don't know about that angle.

I believe Fudo

The wings of Apollonius were not used to make Solar Aquarion. Touma bears a helm in the series and it is indeed mentioned that the wings on it are the wings of Apollonius. The other shadow angels even question his allegience because of it.

Major speculation on how Season 2 could have come to be and Fudo(S2):

EDIT:
I'm not so sure they even planned a second season when they made the first one.
The english dub refers to the beasts collecting humans as harvest beasts but the sub labels them mythic beasts. I believe labeling the statue seen when Apollo calls to Rena in season 1 episode 16 as resembling Pollon or as a reason for Pollon to come into being is a bad joke.
If I remember correctly, a similar statue is seen in the Aria series (the water planet, not the school one). The statue is one of many that reference mythical creatures as guardians. This show is left open-ended all right but the problem is season 2 didn't take advantage of the open-endness but instead said "take all that proof that Apollo was Apollonius and just ignore it because we say so."
kyled00mJul 4, 2015 7:24 AM
Jul 4, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2011
Eh, IMO this OVA, with the world-crossing, strongly implies Sousei and EVOL are parallel worlds.
Jul 4, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
lalomartins said:
Eh, IMO this OVA, with the world-crossing, strongly implies Sousei and EVOL are parallel worlds.
I think we all agree on that note; albeit... sousei is at 12,000 years and EVOL is at 24,000 years after Apollonius betrayed the Shadow Angels.

But EVOL (before this OVA) did not imply that and just butchered the first season.
Jul 4, 2015 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
Cross over <3 EPIC !!!!
Jul 6, 2015 7:13 PM
Aug 2009
Is this the episode 00 thing?
Jul 7, 2015 12:10 AM
Apr 2015
Where do you look it?
Jul 7, 2015 4:43 AM

May 2011
Coming at this with only exposure to EVOL from the Aquarion franchise so it was a bit of a delightful surprise seeing familiar characters. Although I was really sweet on Jin and Yunoha so I was rolling between interest, sadness, and vague annoyance at seeing parallel versions of them. :P
Jul 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
This is the thing funi tacked on before the first episode of Logos right?

I thought it was pretty fun to watch actually. (I dropped both seasons)
Jul 18, 2015 6:30 PM

Dec 2008
I was going to give it a 6, but because of "Go Tight" and the original Aquarion crew I'll bump it up to a 7.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 1, 2015 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
This is super Corny. Only the BGM musics make-it up for it.
OK...and now... on to Aquarion Logos!
2/5.
5/10.

Feb 27, 7:57 PM

Sep 2020
This is the greatest work of fanfiction ever and I loved every minute of it!

OG characters - check
Song compilation - check
Intense mech fight - check
Ridiculous "dog" gattai - check+
Amata/Kagura/Mikono threesome gattai - check x3
OG Fudo - check clap
Jin/Yunoha revival - check heart
Mix's big bangs - check kiss
Everyone singing the ED - check dead

Only thing I didn't like was that it still didn't offer a proper epilogue to Evol. But wow, I haven't smiled that big in a long time.

24k years of love /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

» Preview

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

3 by tsubasalover »»
Jul 1, 2015 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.