Forum Settings
Forums

Jump SQ.Crown to Include a New 'D.Gray-man' Story, 'Kekkai Sensen' Resumes [Update 7/3]

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2015 10:58 AM
Dec 2011
Not really interested in DGM. And KekkAi Sensen, not gonna read it unless the original anime characters are included to the story.
Jul 17, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2010
Yes! Can't wait! Finally!
Jul 17, 2015 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
KuroYaksha said:
Amiluhur said:
Nah, i just re-read the series starting from Black Order HQ Attack arc (which still makes a lot of sense) this afternoon just after this news came out and still find myself rolling my eyes. In standard shounen scenario, at least when you just invent some deus ex machina, make it interesting, like some alternative history (or interpretation). But D.Gray-man had none of that. In that one (at least from what I read in the manga) it was just random stuff happening over and over and over…and over and over. Each chapter was an annoying “this someone got fucked up” and no end in sight; frankly I hardly get what the point of events was anyway. Also, a good writer should partially answer the questions he raised previously before stuffing things up with more questions, but in the end D. Gray-Man has done nothing of some sort. At this point it just becomes an ouroboros type tales. Stories that do not focus on reasonable storytelling, but merely making the audience more and more lost.

Sounds like a problem for casuals like you. I just read the whole series and it all made sense for me. Some things are answered later on. If you pay attention to the plot, you wouldn't be so lost. Stop treating D. Gray-Man like a simple shonen and pay attention to the story-telling.

Casual? *heh*. I followed the series since 2008 (alongside the anime) til the latest chapter, hell i even visited the wikia several times to get some things clear, so i'm hardly a casual. by the way since i don't feel like continuing to argue, i would just point out that your "Some things are answered later on" is my biggest gripe of this series in general, because Hoshino Katsura seems to have a knack for withholding certain mysteries for so long, oftentime without even slightest hint of clues in sight, that i stopped to care.
Jul 22, 2015 10:25 AM

Apr 2009
Gonna have to reread it cause I have no idea what is going on. But I never thought this day would come!
Jul 23, 2015 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
It's being sold out at every bookstore and an emergency reprint has been ordered :O which is extremely rare
https://twitter.com/JUMP_SQ/status/624102503584378880/photo/1
Jul 24, 2015 11:59 AM
Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
It's being sold out at every bookstore and an emergency reprint has been ordered :O which is extremely rare
https://twitter.com/JUMP_SQ/status/624102503584378880/photo/1

It has to be because of D-Gray Man or is it because of Kekkai Sensen but I doubt it because the manga doesn't sell as much as the former.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.