Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2015 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
So Plastic Memories has just finished, and I have a lot of stuff I think would be cool to discuss. At the end of the episode we can see a new partner that is introduced to Tsukasa. who do you think it its? Isla with no memories?, Isla with all her memories recovered, a new character? Do you think a second season would be possible?

Summarizing, What are your thoughts on this finale?

adacaccsadDec 7, 2017 11:18 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Considering the height,I would not be surprised if it was Isla with reseted memory.

Second season is plausible,though it's focus would not be only on romance most likely.

All around,it was bad.
Jun 27, 2015 1:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
About what I expected it to be
Jun 27, 2015 1:22 PM
Feb 2011
HaXXspetten said:
About what I expected it to be
Jun 27, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
It was freaking obvious.
Jun 27, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
a disappointing tear jerker which failed to do its purpose (for me)
Jun 27, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2014
terrible
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 27, 2015 2:05 PM

Sep 2013
Jun 27, 2015 2:41 PM
Jun 2015
The show is terrible, It is like the poor man's shigatsu wa kimi no uso. If the story went on I guess I would hope the main character chooses someone that is not a clumsy moe blob.
Jun 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
Meh.
Jun 27, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
A little too plastic for my taste
Jun 27, 2015 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
I think this anime could've been like the movie Blade Runner but in anime form which could have been fucking amazing. But instead we got the average romance anime. 6/10.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 27, 2015 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
I loved the ending and felt it suited the anime it was kind of a look back at the memories we created but i can understand why people didnt like it cause it didnt have twist or anything and it was kind of linear and very predictable but since it made cry its amazing :P

I think its a new character BTW
Jun 27, 2015 5:33 PM

Aug 2013
I like the ending but I don't believe that little magical light was meant for Isla protecting her memories from being erased during the kiss between Tsukasa and Isla. I think Tsukasa's partner is Isla with no memories of her past.
Jun 27, 2015 5:41 PM

Mar 2013
My heart is too hurt to decide ; - ; I'm very easily influenced by these types of endings.
Too much heaven is not a good thing. -nosebleeds-
Jun 27, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
I really hope it's not Isla with no memories.

Jun 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
It was pretty boring. Went exactly as I suspected and the open ending (not showing the new partner face) was awful. Pretty sure it's not Isla though.
Jun 27, 2015 6:37 PM
Jun 2015
Luks-kun said:
So Plastic Memories has just finished, and I have a lot of stuff I think would be cool to discuss. At the end of the episode we can see a new partner that is introduced to Tsukasa. who do you think it its? Isla with no memories?, Isla with all her memories recovered, a new character? Do you think a second season would be possible?

Summarizing, What are your thoughts on this finale?

Honestly, I think Michiru is pretty good for . After this first Isla's gone, Michiru could be the person to fill the void for Tsukasa's heart

The new partner scene really fitted the title of the episode. If "Isla" isn't there, there would be absolutely no chance for Isla to ever be reunited with the ones she loves.

Isla will be missed, but not forgotten.

"I hope that one day you will be reunited with the one you cherish."
Jun 27, 2015 6:42 PM

Feb 2012
I thought the ending was incredibly tensionless. They dragged out the fact Isla would go away far too long and when her final moments came, it just sort of "happened". No real character development. No insight into anything intriguing. Nothing that stands out about the personal drama. I actually wish it had been worse just so that something would stand out about it.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 27, 2015 7:01 PM

Apr 2015
Really hope there's season 2

But with more science than romance
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Jun 27, 2015 7:19 PM
Nov 2014
Judging by Tsukasa's expression when meeting the new partner it doesn't seem like it would be Isla cause if not he would be shocked and stutter but he seemed completely fine so it might just be a new character similar or completely different to Isla. Also a new character might be the obvious choice if they wanted to continue Plastic Memories
Jun 27, 2015 8:03 PM

Sep 2012

I don't think it's Isla in the ending, the fact that he had 0 reaction on seeing his partner's face backs that up imo.
Jun 27, 2015 10:13 PM

May 2015
Well, the finale was predictable, but it was emotional, nevertheless. I don't think there'll be a second season, though.

DELiTO said:
I don't think it's Isla in the ending, the fact that he had 0 reaction on seeing his partner's face backs that up imo.

I agree with this.

If Isla was the one standing in front of Tsukasa, even though 9 months have passed since her retrieval, I don't think Tsukasa can act that calm without shedding a tear or being shocked.
Jun 27, 2015 10:27 PM
Jun 2015
It can't be Isla and obviously not her with her memories recovered. From looking at what the character was wearing from when it walked in, it was not wearing boots like other female giftias but was wearing regular shoes and socks just like Zac. Just look carefully at what female and male giftias wear. I wish it was Isla when the character walked in but the creators of plastic memories have no intention to continue the anime with a season 2 and changed the character. This is what I believe is true if you don't believe me then fine but I suggest you do look carefully at the footwear of male and female giftias!
Jun 27, 2015 11:09 PM

Nov 2013
15poundfish said:
The show is terrible, It is like the poor man's shigatsu wa kimi no uso. If the story went on I guess I would hope the main character chooses someone that is not a clumsy moe blob.

too bad shigatsu isn't actually that better than this.
( ˘ ³˘) ♥ (0‿0✿)
Jun 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Jan 2010
Goatkiv said:
15poundfish said:

Exactly. I laughed hard at both of their drama scenes because of how edgy they were. But I have to say I enjoyed more Plamemo because at least it didn't have a terrible message.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2015 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
I'm quite disgusted by the last minutes of the series. A person who loses his loved one wouldn't choose to go through the same thing all over again, not to mention that another person in Isla's body would be almost inhumane to Tsukasa. Horrible.
Jun 28, 2015 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
15poundfish said:

Rotfl.
This show WAS WAY more real than shitty forced shigatsu. Shigatsu sucks in every way comparing to Plastic Memories.
That feelings was so real. PM showed how the drama part in the show should be handled.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 28, 2015 12:49 AM

Jan 2010
When I saw the last scene I was like "so basically Tsukasa is ok with having to see his GF change of persona and memories every 9 years. What a crazy man, MER IL ET FOU. At this point he is gonna commit suicide before the third reboot of memories"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2015 6:33 AM

Jun 2010
DejWo said:
Considering the height,I would not be surprised if it was Isla with reseted memory.

Second season is plausible,though it's focus would not be only on romance most likely.

All around,it was bad.

I agree, but you can't guess people's height from shaking hands, even tsukasa bended down a bit.
And I think it'd be cruel to give isla as his new partner because he loved her.
And no one would smile like that if it was her.
Jun 28, 2015 8:31 AM
Jun 2015
Goatkiv said:
15poundfish said:

Too bad it isn't. The production quality in this show is lacking in comparison, the score is not as good, the character development is lacking and the show's plot about the world are just red herrings that don't add much to the show. Shigatsu has a higher rating on this site and could also pass as a decent music anime although not as good as Nodame Cantabile or Nana.
Jun 28, 2015 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
My thoughts on the ending?

How about resetting Isla, and then having her read the diary that she wrote? You would think they would have done that considering how important it was to her, and how they shoved it into the story like it was a major plot device.

Too bad that ending would've also sucked, cause they screwed up that possibility by doing that episode where Olivia got reset and lost her memories completely. Isla would be a different person if she got reset.

Instead they went for the generic tear jerker ending. Disappointing.

rsc-pl said:
15poundfish said:

Rotfl.
This show WAS WAY more real than shitty forced shigatsu. Shigatsu sucks in every way comparing to Plastic Memories.
That feelings was so real. PM showed how the drama part in the show should be handled.
replying to bait is bad mmkay
Jun 28, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2015
Jun 28, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
I hated the ending. I was expecting something really sad. Disappointed but the anime was overall good
Jun 28, 2015 3:52 PM
Jun 2015
I like the ending. It really showed how we should accept our own death and accept death of our love ones. But a number of things were not resolved in the ending. One important unresolved item was who are the black market giftias thieves and why are they "stealing" the giftias at the end of there life span. If they really wanted only to steal, then they could just take ones that are not expiring.

About the cliff hanger, Tsukasa recieved 9 months of training. If his role was solely to recover expiring giftias, then no more training was necessary. So he probably received some training so he could deal with the black market gangs.

If the theme of season one was about accepting loss and our own mortality, then theme of season 2 probably evolves ethical issues such as euthanasia and even the metaphysical ideas like the existence of a soul.

For those who say only that there is nothing more than can be developed, well they only viewed this as a romance story and only embraced the superficial aspects of the series. Because the spin-off manga is so much different than the anime, it allows both to be developed independent of each other. I think there is sufficient reason to assume that there will be a season 2.
Jun 28, 2015 3:54 PM

May 2015
The show ended just as it had to end any other way would be terrible.
Not as sad as i expected, and a litle dissapointed because of that. Still liked the show it was great!
Jun 28, 2015 3:57 PM

May 2010
A cheap imitation of Ghost in the Shell.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 28, 2015 9:45 PM
Sep 2013
People sure love to hate.
I expected it to be more sad, but it was an alright ending to a pretty decent show.
Jun 28, 2015 10:36 PM
Jun 2014
Was very disappointed because they didn't go all the way.

In all seriousness the ending was obvious from the beginning, hitting hard at the end is exactly what it did and should've done. Not everything have happy endings.
The giftia is probably Isla with no memory, Tsukasa wasn't surprised because he already knew that would happen and is resolved to move forward.

RIP Isla #1(?). Her many cute faces will forever live in my heart.
Jun 28, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2010
The ending was okay for something that was so obviously coming.

If you are talking about the new partner, then it would make the most sense it is NOT Isla. If they recycled giftias it would make sense to transfer them to different departments instead. Unless you think they specifically requested Isla's body back.
singleturboJun 28, 2015 10:40 PM
Jun 29, 2015 2:34 AM
Jun 2015
EASYWEIGHTLOSS said:
I like the ending. It really showed how we should accept our own death and accept death of our love ones. But a number of things were not resolved in the ending. One important unresolved item was who are the black market giftias thieves and why are they "stealing" the giftias at the end of there life span. If they really wanted only to steal, then they could just take ones that are not expiring.

About the cliff hanger, Tsukasa recieved 9 months of training. If his role was solely to recover expiring giftias, then no more training was necessary. So he probably received some training so he could deal with the black market gangs.

If the theme of season one was about accepting loss and our own mortality, then theme of season 2 probably evolves ethical issues such as euthanasia and even the metaphysical ideas like the existence of a soul.

For those who say only that there is nothing more than can be developed, well they only viewed this as a romance story and only embraced the superficial aspects of the series. Because the spin-off manga is so much different than the anime, it allows both to be developed independent of each other. I think there is sufficient reason to assume that there will be a season 2.

All that stuff is window dressing for the sappy romance plot. If it went the direction you are talking about the show might have had potential to be a decent show.
Jun 29, 2015 4:09 AM
Apr 2015
Some thoughts...

We should remember that our favorite robot girl is, well, a robot. So, I do not believe that Isla's body is a unique Model, as in a special chassis with unique appearance. In fact, her past tasks suggest that she is/was part of a low profile and mass-produced androids line, for example, called like Model MX107.

We could agree that in World can wander hundreds of thousands of little robot girls, all being Model MX107, all looking identical, and working in different tasks from household, to Police Departments. Maybe there are some Model MX107 who works literally as companions. Maybe are thousands of Isla's sisters only in this City.

Then, the Voice of Reason say that seeing an Isla-looking bot shouldn't be a shock for Tsukasa and his colleagues. Also, after all, that specific robot Model was efficient in past for the Office activity, and will be absolutely logical to replace Isla with another robot from the same line.

Also, we should remember that Isla is/was a learning machine and literally her memories was that made her unique between hundreds of thousands of identical robot girls. Isla as we known, was gone.

Even the new Tsukasa partner possess literally the Isla's overhauled chassis as body, we have a totally different person.

Well, I for one, I believe right on that the new Tsukasa partner is a tomboy who possess Isla's chassis after overhauling and installing the new GiftiaOS. Make sense for the story, but them cannot known for sure, only if the boss specifically ordered the repairs & returning of this specific chassis.
LuckyCyborgJun 29, 2015 7:54 AM
Jun 29, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2010
Ya'll realize about 9 months have passed and the zero reaction from the guy doesn't really mean his partner is a new character.

My gut reaction was that he kinda smiled and welcomed his new partner, which could very well be a reseted Isla.

Remember from that one episode where the blonde chick and the android, she acted like the android still remembered her, but was a totally different person? So, Tsukasa had first hand knowledge how awkward for both parties it would be when one wouldn't know/remember the other...

But for a season 2 to plausible new partner is a new character, but I don't see that happening maybe an OVA,but nothing more.

But I think the epilogue is open to interpretation.
Jun 29, 2015 4:24 AM

Feb 2015
I want to see Tsukasa and Isla gets married. Just another dream though
Jun 29, 2015 6:29 AM
Apr 2015
Rydias said:

Excluding the obvious, that the Isla Person is no more, I ask you something: in the Plastic Memories World, a Man can marry a Giftia Girl?

Because, a marriage implies consent, a freedom do choose and laws who respect this consent and choice. In other words, a Human/Giftia marriage implies to have a Human level intelligent Giftia, and to have laws who guarantee for a Giftia Person, at minimum, the Basic Rights similar to Humans. There is about the Freedom, Right to "Live", etc...

In other hand, while we can agree that the Giftias are at Human Level Intelligence, I believe that Gifitias are simply treated as tools, nothing more. Literally, the Giftia are owned, no different from a sophisticated car. Even the partenership between Tsukasa and Isla was literally a ownership with clauses (i.e. the Office have the right to dissolve it). Again, literally, the last Isla's owner was Tsukasa.

So, in this World, Tsukasa can buy a Giftia Girl, he even can buy a Giftia with the same Model as Isla, just to use her as Maid or Companion, and no one will ask what he do with his property, even he manage to severely damage that Giftia, beyond of repair. Probably there are just some laws that say you can't dump a damaged Giftia where you want and to respect some trash regulations...

Still, that is equivalent for him, to not being able to marry a Giftia Girl, because a Giftia is not a Legal Person.
LuckyCyborgJun 29, 2015 6:47 AM
Jun 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
Komomo said:
a disappointing tear jerker which failed to do its purpose (for me)
Jun 29, 2015 11:55 AM
Jun 2015
The way they ended the show, they left it very open to the possibility of a second season. Tsukasa 9 month training session is quite symbolic. They left it open to the possibility and kind of hint at that his new partner is Isla with a new OS. There is a possibility that this OS system is an upgraded version from the last, which has the capabilities of retaining the memories from the past. There are very subtle hints that could very well be the case since the “new” Isla is wearing a slightly different work uniform, the retrieval process was different and the fact that Tsukasa was away for 9 months. If you recall the reason he got hired in the first place was due to his father’s connections. These connections may have led to Isla being reprogrammed with this new prototype OS which took 9 months; hence Tsukasa 9 month absence was due to some sort of involvement. The return of Isla memories probably takes some time so return, hence Tsukasa not over reacting to seeing the “new” Isla since he wants to take things slow. The new premise of the new season would be their journey to rekindle their love.
Jun 29, 2015 3:10 PM
Apr 2015
Rydias said:

Freel3irD said:
The way they ended the show, they left it very open to the possibility of a second season. Tsukasa 9 month training session is quite symbolic. They left it open to the possibility and kind of hint at that his new partner is Isla with a new OS. There is a possibility that this OS system is an upgraded version from the last, which has the capabilities of retaining the memories from the past. There are very subtle hints that could very well be the case since the “new” Isla is wearing a slightly different work uniform, the retrieval process was different and the fact that Tsukasa was away for 9 months. If you recall the reason he got hired in the first place was due to his father’s connections. These connections may have led to Isla being reprogrammed with this new prototype OS which took 9 months; hence Tsukasa 9 month absence was due to some sort of involvement. The return of Isla memories probably takes some time so return, hence Tsukasa not over reacting to seeing the “new” Isla since he wants to take things slow. The new premise of the new season would be their journey to rekindle their love.

Well, if we like to play for Tsukasa, the card of Rich Family Guy who lost his favorite toy-girl, I imagine another course of the actions...

First of all, if I remember right, putting down, for retirement, a Giftia, is equivalent with doing an Quick Format of his/her OS and storage memory, from Privacy Reasons, followed by the Final Shutdown. Sure, the operation being made in a private space, in the Isla case, we can easily imagine that is very facile for him to just doing a complete Shutdown, without Memories Erase.

Then, we can imagine that buying a retired Giftia, with no OS and data, practically being a life-sized doll, can be easily managed by a person who have contacts in The Company, like the Tsukasa Father case, and can be managed at a very cheap price. Maybe with the idea that his son being very attached to this particular Giftia and he want to preserve it just for decoration, after all.

In other words, I do not exclude the possibility for Tsukasa or his Father, to get the powered down Isla, even at a very cheap price, and to transport her to his/their home. And, yes, I agree, if we asume that Giftia Time Limit is not literary a Time Bomb, but a result of long term working, a non memories erase but in complete shutdown state, can be wake-up at some point in future in the same state.

Practically, Tsukasa can power-up Isla at his home, and she return in the state of her last day, like nothing happen.But, without further intervention, Isla will go crazy in short time...

Solution is to preserve Isla in shutdown state until in a way or another they obtain a experimental, updated, patched or hacked GiftiaOS, able to be upgraded without memory loss. Tsukasa not looking being particularly inclined for the fine art of programming, maybe they will hire someone else, maybe even an entire team. And finally, after looooong time, they manage to power-up Isla, with the new OS, but preserving her personality. For this entire process, nine months can be a reasonable time amount.

But what we obtain? Isla is now an expired and maybe illegal Giftia, driven by an hacked OS, possible unstable and with moments when she go nuts, who more probably live at Tsukasa home.

Sure, one can argue that both Tsukasa and Isla probably do not care about their new status, and Tsukasa, to justify the Isla presence, can easily buy a similar Giftia model, just to be powered down (and if we go dark, to be used as spare parts), and everything will be OK.

But, finally, even if Tsukasa, with his Father moneys help, manage to repair/upgrade/hack Isla, and manage to reintroduce her in legality, Isla is the girl who wait him at home.

Let's say that Isla really want to work again, in this Office. Sure, they can manage that, again with his Father help, him asking to work together with his personal Giftia, which "happen" to be the same model as Isla...
LuckyCyborgJun 29, 2015 4:09 PM
Jun 29, 2015 4:35 PM
Apr 2015
HootyTooter said:
People definitely need to take another close look at those shoes before they assume it's Isla's body.

I mean sure Isla with a new personality could have different tastes, but the writers obviously made a specific choice to have his new partner wear the same shoes and socks as Zack. That wasn't by accident.

From what I seen in Office, the Human/Giftia pairs are from opposing genders. Probably that way the partnership works better. And to remember that they literally live and works together.

So, I suppose that the new Tsukasa partner should be a Giftia Girl. Looking at her shoes and socks i supposed to be a tomboy.

Yet, after her dimensions, looks to have a middle-to-small frame, specific to Isla's Model. Seriously, you seen another robots with her dimensions? They are, or smaller, or bigger.

So, my conclusion is that we have seen a Isla's Model tomboy...
Jun 29, 2015 7:08 PM
Jun 2015
LuckyCyborg said:
Rydias said:

Freel3irD said:

Well, if we like to play for Tsukasa, the card of Rich Family Guy who lost his favorite toy-girl, I imagine another course of the actions...

Based on that huge wall of text, I do see that could POSSIBLY, in a 1/50 chance happen. (Thats saying a lot.)
I don't think his family is rich however, his dad just pulled some strings.
What I do believe, is that the diary (as I said in another thread) COULD possibly play a huge roll.
Possibilities is that, Tsukasa has a new partner, and thats that.
What I believe, myself, is that Tsukasa has a recycled Aira ("Isla") and she has no memories.
Aira could come back, or she won't, I don't know. If its not Aira, well bomb the series, because no one would care about the new character with that Tsukasa x Aira already in the bag.
A season 2 I would definitely watch, since they already captured my feels. I'm loyal to this series, and I don't care if the second series doesn't have Aira, I'll still watch it.

Base topic, the possibilities is that he has a new partner, or a recycled Aira. As I said earlier though, don't underestimate that diary.
I have faith a second season WILL come.
That ending, was really open, deniable that there is ZERO chance that a new season will occur.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.