Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 8:16 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've read the manga but the animated version has MORE FEELS :"> Now that this arc has ended, I'm dying to see what's next :( It would probably take years to see the Black Org once again :( I also wanna watch Sunflowers of Inferno RIGHT NOW :((

Anyone who has seen Sunflowers of Inferno?
sheidesuJun 19, 2016 6:48 AM
Jun 28, 2015 1:46 PM
Sep 2014
Yeah I cannot wait for the Rum arc to be animated. The case with
was really good. I'm hoping the Rum arc will be much faster though. The pacing for the whole Bourbon arc was horrific. It ended great but it took way too long.
Jul 1, 2015 12:13 AM
Aug 2008
They haven't made a series of episodes about the main story for a while.
So these five have been really good. We've waited since 504 to know the whole Akai story or situation.
One of the strong turnarounds in anime. If they could just make more main story episodes !
Jul 7, 2015 3:40 PM
Jul 2013
You guys are quic- oh.
June 27? 0_0
Jul 7, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
DAMN THIS ARC ENDED SO FAST!!!! NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO WAIT HUNNDREEDS OF EPISODES UNTIL ANOTHER MAIN ARC COMES OUT T_T
Jul 8, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
This five episodes were easily one of the best ones in the series. Kudo family destroy everyone. Subaru is usually Shuichi Akai and a new enemy named Rum makes his move. "Someone big is on the move. Someone bigger than Gin."

After all Bourbon is not Conan's enemy.
Jul 8, 2015 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
Ugh how I wish this kind of episodes never ends, I'm still actually overwhelmed by the fact that Shuu is back *__*
I've always had that feeling that Amuro isn't a bad uy, for some reason I believed he wasn't working for the organization for the organization's sake ' if that ever made sense) well guess now it's obvious he has his reasons, probably avenging someone!!
I wish Sera shows up next, I want to know the connection between her and Akai, and Amuro
Jul 8, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2014
This was an amazing arc.
10 out of fucking 10.

I loved all the slow build-up and tension, we got out answers and we got double questions!

Oh well, gotta love Conan <3
Can't wait for more of this goodness.

Jul 8, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2014
Tsuki_Chun said:
Ugh how I wish this kind of episodes never ends, I'm still actually overwhelmed by the fact that Shuu is back *__*
I've always had that feeling that Amuro isn't a bad uy, for some reason I believed he wasn't working for the organization for the organization's sake ' if that ever made sense) well guess now it's obvious he has his reasons, probably avenging someone!!
I wish Sera shows up next, I want to know the connection between her and Akai, and Amuro

it's really obvious that Sera is Akai's sister you know..

And you guys should go look at "hints that Okiya is Akai" on the DC wikia, it's really surprising how many hints Gosho gave, and it all matches up!

Jul 8, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing!!!
Jul 9, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
So many face changers lol.

Jul 10, 2015 5:21 PM

Feb 2011
That was one of the most satisfying arcs in the series. Gosho keeps surprising me.
Jul 11, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2010
...time for another 100 episode FILLER Arc
Jul 11, 2015 9:36 PM

May 2013
These couple of episodes were terrific. I did love seeing Conan's smug face too :P
Just caught up to the anime today. Will have to give it a few more months before I marathon the rest.
Jul 17, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
OH MAN, I knew it! Bourbon was a double agent all along.
As soon as Conan approached him in the classroom and asked him, I knew that's what it had to be.

Anyway, Bourbon's on Conan's side, Akai's back in action, and Jodie has an inkling about Conan's true identity. Things are really getting interesting!

I'm still not clear on one thing, though... was Akai living in Shinichi's house for all this time disguised as Subaru, or was that Shinichi's dad?

I know that it was Shinichi's dad disgused as Subaru the night that Bourbon went to Shinichi's place, but was that the exception or is that how it was all of those episodes beforehand?

Also, I guess Subaru wasn't a real person all along? He was always just somebody in disguise?
::End of Transmission::

Jul 17, 2015 9:46 PM

Aug 2011
what did Bourbon mean when he said boss... then Vermouth point it a gun on him?
Aug 12, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2008
vigorousjammer said:

I'm still not clear on one thing, though... was Akai living in Shinichi's house for all this time disguised as Subaru, or was that Shinichi's dad?

I know that it was Shinichi's dad disgused as Subaru the night that Bourbon went to Shinichi's place, but was that the exception or is that how it was all of those episodes beforehand?

Also, I guess Subaru wasn't a real person all along? He was always just somebody in disguise?

From what I understand Conan made this plan to switch the roles after Bourbon got the information out of Camel. So Subaru was Akai all the time (as we have seen in the 17th movie) and Conan's father just took over Akais disguise as Subaru for one day to fool the organisation.
Aug 12, 2015 2:19 AM

May 2012
vigorousjammer said:

Okiya Subaru was Akai Shuuichi all along, but since Conan deduced that Bourbon would invade the Kudo residence to make Okiya Subaru confess the truth about him being Akai Shuuichi, Conan asked his dad, Yusaku to disguise as Okiya Subaru while the real Akai Shuuichi lures the "secret police" who were chasing after Jodie and Camel in Raiha Pass to make it look like that he is still alive, that there's no way way he is Okiya Subaru since the Okiya Subaru they're suspecting is in front of Bourbon. Yusaku just disguised as Subaru for a day, and as you can see, he was watching the Macademy Awards. The Yusaku in USA was actually Yukiko (Shinichi's mom).

SORRY FOR MY WEIRD EXPLANATION

Scarlecie said:
You guys are quic- oh.
June 27? 0_0

Well the episode was aired in that date :)
Mar 6, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
So Amuro's got some some history with Akai huh, no wonder he kept provoking Jodi and Camel lol. Good to see he's really one of the good guys, the ending scene was pretty sweet.
May 28, 2016 4:09 AM

Jul 2008
So Bourbon is another mole. And now we have Scotch and Rum.
Jun 15, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2012
Ah, that was a fun arc. I really liked it when it was revealed that Conan and the others were secretly controlling everything. So epic xD This arc was only 5 episodes... Felt so short. I'm excited to see more!!
Jan 13, 2017 10:05 PM

Jan 2012
This. Was. Epic. (I'm talking about The Scarlet episodes)
If the whole series was this good, I'd give it 10/10.

...unfortunately, this series has a metric fuckton of filler...
So I take off 3 enjoyment points for that and rate the series as a whole at 7/10.
Sure enough, as of now, > 60 more episodes have been released without significant involvement of the Black Organization or FBI.
NyaaJan 13, 2017 10:19 PM
Sep 1, 2017 7:03 AM

Aug 2017
this series was one of the best in the show
Akai and the kudos are such a badass
I like Bourbon now after knowing about him more
seulanaSep 15, 2017 4:24 PM
Nov 15, 2017 9:46 AM
Nov 2014
Meh I thought it was lame. I really hate it when a bad guy turns out to be a good guy. It would've been more interested if he was actually a bad guy.
Mar 26, 2019 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
I wish the series was always like this, ahh that was so intense. But whenever we DO get to these climax episodes, it's always so satisfying. The ending clip with Amuro and Conan was adorable. I can't wait to see them being friendly with each other now. I love seeing him gain new allies.

+not only is Akai badass, but he's good with children too? AND he cooks? That was such a heartwarming domestic scene/reveal lol he goes from being just this tough character to showing he's also softie. That just made him a more interesting and dimensional character for me.
Dec 25, 2019 3:37 AM

Sep 2011
alright, this whole scarlet arc was awesome but here are some downsides

- this show uses shape shifting a lot.. i mean a lot. it is like their only option, they always use disguising as their trump card. and this is started to get boring. we need more original content

- so, eventually Okiya is another sacrificed character for shape shifting.. he had so many potentials.. totally wasted!

- So for one day, Yusaku Kudo is disguised as Okiya. And Yukiko Kudo is disguised as her husband Yusako.. was that necessary? Couldn't they just use Conan's mother disguise as Okiya and his father could go take the award himself. So damn unnecessary. It is like a shape shifting show.. It was a very poor choice of a story.

- they explained the gun shots during Akai - Rena encounter but they didn't explain how actually Akai escaped after that. Gin and Votka were still watching and he suddenly disappeared.

- Some questions are answered but again, the arc brought many more question marks.. Bourbon is a mole ok. But is it from FBI or Special Forces? no details.. Not the mention we have now Crotch and Rom. Who are these Special Forces? What are their purpose?

- It is Conan crew that always come out of the dangerous situations. We're revealed that Bourbon is even on their side since the beginning. So who is left for BO? Even the Vermouth is in a mutual agreement with Conan.. The organization as it is, looks like a lame pity community now.
ember-moonDec 25, 2019 3:42 AM
Feb 27, 2020 12:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful arc of 5 episodes, with mistery and intesity, and and especially with revelations and new surprises RUM...
Oct 21, 2021 2:51 PM

Feb 2015
This is why DC is a 10
Nov 5, 2021 12:44 PM
Aug 2020
bulk_density said:
alright, this whole scarlet arc was awesome but here are some downsides

- this show uses shape shifting a lot.. i mean a lot. it is like their only option, they always use disguising as their trump card. and this is started to get boring. we need more original content

- so, eventually Okiya is another sacrificed character for shape shifting.. he had so many potentials.. totally wasted!

- So for one day, Yusaku Kudo is disguised as Okiya. And Yukiko Kudo is disguised as her husband Yusako.. was that necessary? Couldn't they just use Conan's mother disguise as Okiya and his father could go take the award himself. So damn unnecessary. It is like a shape shifting show.. It was a very poor choice of a story.

- they explained the gun shots during Akai - Rena encounter but they didn't explain how actually Akai escaped after that. Gin and Votka were still watching and he suddenly disappeared.

- Some questions are answered but again, the arc brought many more question marks.. Bourbon is a mole ok. But is it from FBI or Special Forces? no details.. Not the mention we have now Crotch and Rom. Who are these Special Forces? What are their purpose?

- It is Conan crew that always come out of the dangerous situations. We're revealed that Bourbon is even on their side since the beginning. So who is left for BO? Even the Vermouth is in a mutual agreement with Conan.. The organization as it is, looks like a lame pity community now.
how abt u look at the bright side for once lol. 0 points of how good the arc was but a whole essay chatting shi2 abt some points that arent even full yet smh, and they needed yusako to be the one disguised as okiya cuz hes the one who can actually answer zero's mystery questions. Man MAL is full of bent sad critics
OmarblahblahNov 5, 2021 11:05 PM
Nov 6, 2021 6:20 AM

Sep 2011
Omarblahblah said:
how abt u look at the bright side for once lol. 0 points of how good the arc was but a whole essay chatting shi2 abt some points that arent even full yet smh, and they needed yusako to be the one disguised as okiya cuz hes the one who can actually answer zero's mystery questions. Man MAL is full of bent sad critics
believe me I usually give more credits to other anime shows but DC is different. It is full of fillers and very little progress per 100 episode. A bit sad to see as this was my favourite anime when I was a little kid but then it turned out to be such a fragile story
Dec 26, 2021 1:03 AM
Dec 2021
My reaction to this episode: is NO ONE loyal to the Organization anymore!?
Mar 18, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2016
sailoricy said:

This is my exact thought after watching. Literally every major person (except gin and vodka)is a mole or something. Only side characters like Chianti and Korn are loyal.

Mar 18, 2022 4:50 PM
Dec 2021
Rithic said:
sailoricy said:

This is my exact thought after watching. Literally every major person (except gin and vodka)is a mole or something. Only side characters like Chianti and Korn are loyal.

That's why I have this headcanon after this episode: over 75% of the Black Organization members are actually undercover agents (from various security agencies) from all over the world.
Aug 12, 2022 1:20 AM

Oct 2021
Amazing Arc.(10/10)
How every Arc of Detective Conan end on High note.
So this was the end of Bourbon Arc,I will not watch RUM Arc yet maybe I will start when it will get completely animated.
So now I will try to complete movies and probably switch to manga.

Jan 1, 2023 11:27 PM

Jan 2012
Heh, so if you wanna look at this as the end of the Bourbon arc and the start of the Rum arc it took from when? 504 to 783 for Akai's situation to get sorted out. And Rum's identity, although revealed last year in the manga, still hasn't been animated yet and we're in the mid 1000s episode count-wise. Man, these were some looooooong arcs. Helped by filler of course, but still. XD

And yeah, glad I finally got to see this animated. :)
Apr 15, 2023 9:21 AM
Nov 2020
Mymyholymolygod that was so satisfying to watch.
Jun 20, 2023 5:30 AM
Nov 2020
nice, i did like how shinichi did know everything from
Apr 2, 10:55 AM
Jul 2022
great show great things

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

2 by Estoy_Gordo »»
Apr 19, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.