Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 6, 2015 8:25 PM

Sarenji wants to be part of the Harem Plan

Jul 6, 2015 8:26 PM

It was censored but I expected a lot more light beams. In my opinion it's watchable.
The character designs changed and I am not sure what to think about it. The colors are a little strong especially Mea's hair but I guess I'll get used to it. I liked the previous art better ^^

the adaption was a nice start for the new season.

Jul 6, 2015 8:41 PM

Sexy, even when censored. That's why TLRD is the king.

Jul 6, 2015 8:52 PM

Tendou-kun said:
It was censored but I expected a lot more light beams. In my opinion it's watchable.
The character designs changed and I am not sure what to think about it. The colors are a little strong especially Mea's hair but I guess I'll get used to it. I liked the previous art better ^^

the adaption was a nice start for the new season.
i feel like this is a common reaction to art change

to love ru change to motto must have had the same reaction but ppl ended up loving it more. and tlr darkness improved on that and ppl were skeptical and then liked that as well

ill give ppl a couple episodes before they get used to it..honestly im glad they keep improving on the art and animation currently its the highest quality ecchi ive seen if u dont count the gatari series.

Jul 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Ughhh why the hell is this anime censored? Whats the point? Smh people watch this to see boobs and other sexy things. Thats kinda the whole point of the anime.

Jul 6, 2015 9:27 PM

Woah the art style looks pretty different. Although I'm pretty quickly getting used to it. The censors are annoying but I think it's still watchable. Once it's uncensored I'll definitely be re watching it for research purposes.

Great start. Sexy drunk Haruna is best Haruna.

Jul 6, 2015 10:13 PM

davinci12 said:
Ughhh why the hell is this anime censored? Whats the point? Smh people watch this to see boobs and other sexy things. Thats kinda the whole point of the anime.
thats called marketing for u!

ppl demand for uncensored so they will provide uncensored....for a price that is

honestly im not going to watch anymore till i get my hands on the BDs and i guess the only reason ppl will watch this censored is for the plot

Jul 6, 2015 10:30 PM
Glad to have this series back. Animation seemed different, but that's to be specter since Darkness aired in 2012. But some of the character designs were a little... Off. Especially Rito's. Animation looks really good though. Also, the OP and ED are really great <3

Gonna put this on holds cause this is the one series I have watch uncensored.

Jul 6, 2015 10:36 PM

4 words. momo. best. fucking. grill.

lol, dem censors doe -_-
AOTY calling it now lol

Jul 6, 2015 11:38 PM
I liked the episode, enjoyable, but one thing which I didn't like which was different from past seasons was the animation and art. Both different in a bad way in my opinion ...

Jul 6, 2015 11:53 PM

Ah yes, opening alone is great, ah Momo. XD

Jul 7, 2015 12:09 AM

Fucking cnsors ruin it. Dont the makers know half the reason why people watch this show
Atleast be bold like Highschool Dxd
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Jul 7, 2015 12:17 AM

Rito's godly tripping skills are back!!!

Jul 7, 2015 12:25 AM
Lala still a non-character, with Momo still having usurped the top heroine slot.

Somehow, it still doesn't feel like, for lack of a better word, "my" TLR. The OVAs for Darkness1 were excellent. Why does this season feel so wrong in comparison?

Jul 7, 2015 12:35 AM

So I'm either losing my fucking mind, or thy overhauled the animation style a bit.

Not sure how I feel about it. It's not that it's bad per se, but it's almost like they went too overboard with it. Like it seems as though they added a lot of shading, and some glossiness, but, like, too much of it. I noticed the crazy amount of shadowing/shading when Momo was on the bed, and all of the characters seemed to have that extra sheen on them, especially Haruna in the bed scene.

It feels extra out of place seeing as how the last OVA came out like, what, a month or 2 ago? And even that one doesn't use this new art style.

I also seems like while using this art syle, they've kind of toned down character movement. Characters seem more stiff, less movement scenes shown, they kind of stick to the chest up where things don't move as much.

But, oh well. THE HAREM IS BACK!! More Momo and more Yui now please.

Jul 7, 2015 2:10 AM

Yokodera said:
they are finally back, love this episode, the art improved alot

This looks better than this? Rofl yeah okay.
Modified by Deceptive, Jul 7, 2015 2:13 AM

Jul 7, 2015 2:34 AM

God that was hilarious. Of course the Censors ruin it but it was expected.

Waits for best girl Kotegawa Yui to show up

Jul 7, 2015 2:37 AM

The animation is definitely a little different. A few badly drawn frames but I'm sure it'll be fixed in the BD. Such as

Anyways, Sairenji-chan looked really sexy especially with her drunk voice.
Modified by radle, Jul 9, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 7, 2015 2:40 AM

The censors ;(
Still godlike tho,this is how you make good ecchi imo,don't even pretend to have some kind of story going on.
Modified by _HeroKenzan_, Jul 7, 2015 4:49 AM

Jul 7, 2015 2:55 AM
Welp, here we go again , it's gonna be more about Momo and Mea.
Modified by La_Matona301, Jul 7, 2015 3:03 AM

Jul 7, 2015 3:31 AM
Hug Addict <3

abyss333 said:
Fucking cnsors ruin it. Dont the makers know half the reason why people watch this show
Atleast be bold like Highschool Dxd
Uh yeah. That's why they make people buy the Blurays to get what they want

It's called marketing

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Jul 7, 2015 3:56 AM
三葉

Ophis said:
Am I the only one who feels a little put off by the animation style? It seems a bit different than last season.

You're not the only one, the animation went down the drain compared to season 1.

Jul 7, 2015 4:05 AM
I wouldn't be as opposed to watching the censored version if they did something neat with the censors (like the censor labels in the trailers or mini versions of the characters) instead of dull fog and streams of light.
Modified by DrSnuSnu, Jul 7, 2015 4:17 AM

Jul 7, 2015 4:14 AM

"Look it's Golden Darkness!" Way to throw Yami under the bus Rito. >.> lol

Jul 7, 2015 4:26 AM

So the spinless,idiot harem king is back.

Jul 7, 2015 4:41 AM
Hug Addict <3

SansrivaaL said:
Ophis said:
Am I the only one who feels a little put off by the animation style? It seems a bit different than last season.

You're not the only one, the animation went down the drain compared to season 1.
Hopefully they'll work a bit more on the animation for the BDs (along with removing the censors of course). I know some producers that do that at least (Shaft for example)

Jul 7, 2015 4:47 AM

HaXXspetten said:
SansrivaaL said:

Hopefully they'll work a bit more on the animation for the BDs (along with removing the censors of course). I know some producers that do that at least (Shaft for example)

Unless it's Nisekoi S1.

Jul 7, 2015 4:50 AM
Hug Addict <3

radle said:
HaXXspetten said:

Unless it's Nisekoi S1.
Yeah lol, dunno what that was about. BDs looked worse :s

Madoka looked waaaayyy better on BD though

Jul 7, 2015 4:55 AM

Yami and Kotegawa <3. Gotta rewatch this one once Blu-Rays are out. Censorship in this one is terrible. Liking both the OP and ED.

Jul 7, 2015 5:26 AM

Yay its back!

I like Momo, but IMO she's adamant to the harem plan because she's too scared to take the leap and confess to Rito, afraid of being rejected. So instead, why not make Rito a "for everyone" MC instead of a stick-to-one, heart-breaker.

On another note, what horrible censorship!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket

Jul 7, 2015 6:10 AM

It's back and it's always censored but anyway will watch it again when the BD is out.Love the opening with Momo in wedding dress and as well seeing the other 17 girls as well i think in Rito harem.

Jul 7, 2015 7:44 AM

nope nope nope...
BD pls..

read from right to left

Jul 7, 2015 9:02 AM

Watching it with censor doesn't make sense. ;/ I'll wait for BD...

Jul 7, 2015 9:16 AM

Anyone know when the uncensored edition will be available?

censored unwatchable :/

Jul 7, 2015 9:41 AM
Hug Addict <3

Blackira96 said:

a few months

Jul 7, 2015 9:49 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Blackira96 said:

a few months

Good, I will wait.

Jul 7, 2015 11:19 AM
those god like rito falling abilities tho

Jul 7, 2015 11:49 AM

I've been too spoiled by the uncensorship of the previous seasons. Planning to rewatch Darkness 2nd when BD releases anyways.

The tripping god is back and 'accidentally' falling on everything.

Jul 7, 2015 11:54 AM

I'm not gonna mention the censoring cause I like to be different.

Pretty great first episode over all. Sairenji drunk brought out a great personality, i like her much better that way. Now she doesn't dwell near the bottom of my Rito's harem rankings.

The art of the show seems different somehow, but it still looks great, so no worries there.

The OP and ED seem inferior to season 1, but maybe they'll grow on me.

Nice to see Kotegawa again, hope she has a more prominent role next episode, but she will sooner or later.

Jul 7, 2015 2:11 PM
Finally, To love ru darkness 2nd season starts airing. I have waited three years for this. For starters the animation of some parts were distorted and the character designs felt borderless, don't get me started on the censorship part. The anime didn't exactly adapt from the part it left of in the manga. But all in all the episode was great, all the girls look as hot as ever and especially in this episode haruna gets alot of screen time. Rito's falls are as perverted as ever,Momo is still working towards her"plan" and if u watch till the very end then there is a bit of for shadowing on a an upcoming character.Manga readers will know.The voice acting was very well done 10/10 on that. Hopes are high :D

Jul 7, 2015 3:10 PM

since when did they start censoring panty shots?

Jul 7, 2015 3:34 PM

WTF IS THIS SHIT ANIMATION MADE WITH PAINT PROGRAMM?!?!?!?

I really never watched a shittier animation than this.
I'll STOP here and wait for the BD, but if is the same... OH WELL~ xdddd

Jul 7, 2015 3:55 PM

HaXXspetten said:
radle said:

Unless it's Nisekoi S1.
Yeah lol, dunno what that was about. BDs looked worse :s

Madoka looked waaaayyy better on BD though
thats cuz nisekoi isnt an ecchi series so there was no need to have less fog...infact it put more fog in order to sell it at a younger audience. thats called marketing.

i doubt they will change the animation quality for the bds but they will probably improve it in later episodes....honestly i looked at this episode and i thought it was fine. i actually like the saturated look.

Jul 7, 2015 4:35 PM

Gonna wait for the BD's to come out and then marathon this because To Love Ru isn't the same unless it's in it's full uncensored glory :D
MAL: A community where everyone acts like every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7 or above.

Jul 7, 2015 4:49 PM

You all excited for the BD but, if the animation will be the same please tell me the point into see an ass draw'd with Paint programm without the lightness it had before.
I can draw one now you if you want~

Jul 7, 2015 5:07 PM

Damn, can't stand those censors.

Jul 7, 2015 6:20 PM

damnshettodesu said:
You all excited for the BD but, if the animation will be the same please tell me the point into see an ass draw'd with Paint programm without the lightness it had before.
I can draw one now you if you want~
ok we get it u dont like it move on

the same ppl had this reaction when motto changed from tlr first season

ull either get used to it or u can stop complaining

Jul 8, 2015 1:43 AM

BEST ANIME CHARACTER IS BACK!!!

Momo's glorious anime is finally here and the Harem plan is on it's way!

Goddammit....gotta wait till BDs to properly fap understand the sophisticated plot that is TLR Darkness.

And Oh boy....Feminists will not like episode 1 of this....

DRUNK GIRLS!

White cis hereo male taking advantage of said DRUNK girl....

And the worst crime of all...

^MANSPREADING!!!

All in all, a great first episode to establish the TLR Darkness mood....can't wait for Master Nemesis to make her appearance soon...

Jul 8, 2015 2:11 AM

And my favorite anime returns for it's fourth series, great episode but if this follows the major plotpoints of the manga, this season will be even better than the last, provided they don't rush it.

Jul 8, 2015 4:08 AM

Different art and animation style I guess?? I can dig it .-.
Rito tripping and falling and getting into a perverted situation - ohhhh man I missed this show.
Go harem plan!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »