Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 8, 2015 7:13 AM

Oh come on I have waited so long for the new season what the hell is this butal censorship? This episode has so many huge lens flares that I was wondering if JJ Abrams had directed it... This shit is taking half the fun away! On the bright side Momo continues to be awesome and Nana also gets more screen time this season.

Jul 8, 2015 7:27 AM
Hug Addict <3

Irondragon said:
Oh come on I have waited so long for the new season what the hell is this butal censorship? This episode has so many huge lens flares that I was wondering if JJ Abrams had directed it...
The first season was equally censored, what did you expect?

As usual, TLRD is only truly watchable on Bluray when it's uncensored. The TV-airing is more like a preview of the show than anything else

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Jul 8, 2015 8:02 AM

it's beeeeckk
I like the ED, Yami <3

Jul 8, 2015 9:59 AM

YES!!! To Love Ru is back once again

With more Yuki Rito's anti law of physics "accident"

And more ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by PK777, Jul 8, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 8, 2015 10:29 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Irondragon said:
Oh come on I have waited so long for the new season what the hell is this butal censorship? This episode has so many huge lens flares that I was wondering if JJ Abrams had directed it...

As usual, TLRD is only truly watchable on Bluray when it's uncensored. The TV-airing is more like a preview of the show than anything else

Of course i knew it would be censored but they went way over board with all the light beams and the myst effects... but you are absolutely right if we want to enjoy it 100% we will have to wait for the blurays.

Jul 8, 2015 10:45 AM
Hug Addict <3

Irondragon said:
HaXXspetten said:

Of course i knew it would be censored but they went way over board with all the light beams and the myst effects... but you are absolutely right if we want to enjoy it 100% we will have to wait for the blurays.
http://oi45.tinypic.com/10mvsj7.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/1z5u7a.jpg
https://eyeforaneyepiece.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tlrdarkness062.jpg (just lol)

The first season was just as bad on TV :s

Jul 8, 2015 2:33 PM

There were so many beams of light and so much fog that i thought i was watching a cave exploration

Jul 8, 2015 4:20 PM

Awsome stuff as always this anime
But the actual Manga Chapter that the Episode is named after dosen't really start until the 10 min mark.. does this mean the season will have alot of filler? Tho very good adaption of the manga after that point Which they did in Darkness S1 aswell and hopefully they'll stay very close to the manga in the anime

Jul 8, 2015 5:40 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Irondragon said:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/10mvsj7.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/1z5u7a.jpg
https://eyeforaneyepiece.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tlrdarkness062.jpg (just lol)

The first season was just as bad on TV :s

To be completly honest I watched To Love-Ru (all of it and read the manga) not so long ago so it was kind of a big shock going from almost hentai to Praise the Sun MF...

Jul 8, 2015 7:26 PM
Waiting for the day Mikan goes to Sainan High and wears the school uniform...... mmmmmm

Jul 8, 2015 7:28 PM

Okay....i'm...just here for research...yeah! That's it! Research! When those white rays of light get cursed by the power of PLOT i would observe the....jiggling....and......the...Art Of Falling!! Yeah!..............

Anyway, I AM SO GLAD this is back!! This season has a LOT of harem and ecchi anime and i FREAKIN LOVE IT!

Jul 8, 2015 9:45 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Ophis said:
Am I the only one who feels a little put off by the animation style? It seems a bit different than last season.
Yeah I thought so too. Or rather the colour scheme seemed different, especially the hair. Looked much more monochrome here

Anyway well what can you say... the fanservice is amazingly good but... the censorship kind of ruins it (unsurprisingly). Well not much you can do about it but at least I'm soooo glad to finally have the best ecchi/harem in the anime industry making its return. Been a very long time of waiting

Just gotta get those BDs asap :>

szympus11 said:
They shoud have started from chapter 23 not 26 because in chapter 23
but i guess they'll show her in different way
First season wasn't adapted entirely in the same order as the manga chapters either. I'm sure this case is no different
Prejudgedkiller said:
Ophis said:
Am I the only one who feels a little put off by the animation style? It seems a bit different than last season.

Yeah the animation style seems worse than Darkness, kinda upsetting tbh

YES the animation and color itself certainly still has that nice feel and pop to it, but there was something about the artwork bugging me such as the hair (especially momo... its not as fluffy) i don't understand how they could have went backward in a sense... :/

also kotegawa's voice seems different...

Jul 8, 2015 10:00 PM

Ironhorse-Yakuza said:
There were so many beams of light and so much fog that i thought i was watching a cave exploration

Hehehe XD

Can someone here update the character section of TLRD2nd and add Mysterious Light and Fog/Mist as supporting characters.... XD

Jul 8, 2015 10:22 PM
Okay, aside from the Artwork (Which was surprising, yet I'm sure just like with the past it will grow on me by episode 3) and the Censorship (Yes it's upsetting, but it raises the chances of people buying the BD's. More Sales = More Money = More funds to keep the series Anime Adaption going) I actually really enjoyed this episode. My favorite females have always been Lala, Momo, Yui, and Run. In that order. But Drunk Hauruna has just been placed 3rd favorite so I hope we get to see more of her. As well as Shy Lala because she is fun to watch every now and then as well. Anyhow, I'm kind of worried about the direction of where the Haram Plan is headed. It sounded like Hauruna's concern is pushing Rito AWAY from the idea D: Can anyone who has read the Manga confirm to me that that issue gets resolved and Rito gets back on track to opening up to the idea of a Haram please?! I actually leave for Basic Military Training soon so I'll get to binge watch after this and I'll probably start reading it as well, but before I go I absolutely MUST have closure that Rito gets back on track with agreeing to the Haram plan. Please anyone?

Jul 8, 2015 11:14 PM

orikas said:
Waiting for the day Mikan goes to Sainan High and wears the school uniform...... mmmmmm

But then her Loli Imouto charm goes out the window!

Are you even paying attention bro?

Jul 9, 2015 4:47 AM

Even like this and with censors, this anime is one of the best. hehe.

and ofc, i will watch it again when BDs arrive.

Jul 9, 2015 9:36 AM

http://i.imgur.com/SWHpUe0.jpg
anime business is not cheap and good animator is expensive
so cheap new animator is a good idea (besides it looks same for some people)

but still i really "Love Jerking around about Down Grade Animation
because i hate cheap animation and..

Jul 9, 2015 12:03 PM

Prejudgedkiller said:
Ophis said:

Yeah the animation style seems worse than Darkness, kinda upsetting tbh

agree, too simplistic, looks cheap... and that censorship. It's like watching a teaser for the BDs.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.

Jul 9, 2015 4:17 PM
PK777 said:

With more Yuki Rito's anti law of physics "accident"

Eh, he still has yet to top falling down the stairs and pulling down Kotegawa's panties with his teeth. Everything since then has been an anticlimax, honestly.

Jul 9, 2015 6:28 PM

This new animation is disgusting the animation for last season of Darkness and the OVA's were perfect for To Love Ru.

It helps even less that I rewatched darkness first season and the OVAs today since I had not watched the blu-rays yet and it had been a while since I read the chapters but with that animation fresh in my mind then watching this new seasons first episode the animation is just terrible. It honestly might stop me watching it which sucks because it is going to cover some of the best parts of Darkness this season..... I will try push through and get used to it but god damn is it ugly.
Modified by DragoonDeus, Jul 9, 2015 6:32 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Jul 9, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 10, 2015 3:45 AM

Sure, I can get used to the animation.
The artwork however feels sloppy. Luckily this can be fixed in the upcoming BD's, which I was going to watch regardless.

I however don't understand that a lot of you guys can defend this episode? You should've been expecting more, since we know Darkness sells well.

http://i.imgur.com/ii67YSA.jpg
You can't tell me this looks fine and I should adapt to change. Artwork and animation should go hand in hand, if one lacks, it brings down the other too. I wouldn't even mind the lightbeams. If you've been here longer than a day, you'd know it's tradition.

Jul 10, 2015 7:38 AM
I have a question: Why AT-X will not show certain anime uncensored which will be on the BD?

Jul 10, 2015 7:40 AM
Hug Addict <3

ZeroMoon said:
I have a question: Why AT-X will not show certain anime uncensored which will be on the BD?
Because different anime studios have different policies and not all of them release any uncensored versions on any TV-channel?

Jul 11, 2015 9:10 AM

This is it!! My fav harem anime of the year!! Yey, lol seriously i lobe the manga, but the censor was kind of Mehh...overall good episode 8/10

Jul 11, 2015 12:38 PM

"HARENCHI!" Kotegawa Yui is still da best!
Sober Sairenji is best Sairenji.
5/5.

Jul 11, 2015 4:18 PM
Yea artwork is strange. Darkness one was perfect animated.

Jul 11, 2015 7:42 PM

Looks like its waiting time...

Jul 13, 2015 1:09 AM

shagek1 said:

Ouch, this is going to piss off the fans who follow the manga. And after all the goodwill they built up from Motto to all the OVAs to Darkness 1.

Tendou-kun said:
It was censored but I expected a lot more light beams. In my opinion it's watchable.
The character designs changed and I am not sure what to think about it. The colors are a little strong especially Mea's hair but I guess I'll get used to it. I liked the previous art better ^^

the adaption was a nice start for the new season.

The art style doesn't look so good from that Haruna comparison but I'm used to higher color saturation than from the older anime because before watching the TLR anime I read all of the TLR and Darkness manga, including the Digital Colored Comics, which had really blown-up color saturation compared to the anime. So I'm more used to seeing this:

Instead of this:

I'm waiting for the Blu-Rays anyway so it's too early to lay down sweeping judgement. At least there's another Ray OP to enjoy.

JustALEX said:

And the worst crime of all...

^MANSPREADING!!!

I've always seen Nana as the irritable tomboy of the series, so something like manspreading is not completely out of her character. And damn, does she make for good service.

にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。

Jul 13, 2015 5:56 AM
Why they are keeping Lala as side character?

I'm so mad

Jul 16, 2015 11:42 AM

You don't know how happy I am to see Mikan, Yami, and most of all, Momo again!! :3

Lucasloco91 said:
Nice ED.

Yeah, the ED was very pretty~
Life has meaning.
Until real evidence comes out against him, I Stand with Vic.

Jul 22, 2015 12:10 PM

Wow, I love what I am seeing this season. Xebec really put a lot of effort into the animation this time around. All of the characters and environments look cleaner/crisper. It is a joy to behold. I am so thankful for this second season. Here's to a third season, or better yet, a return to the main arc with all of the new, and fleshed out, characters; although, I am just happy that I get to watch To LOVE-Ru again.

EDIT: After watching more than just the OP, I feel the quality of the environments is awesome, but the characters, while vibrant and colorful, lack depth and feel flat. The characters from the first season looked better. still this is much better than season 1. I'll probably say the same thing about later iterations of To LOVE-Ru. Still, I am impressed overall by the effort put into the show. Good Job. Xebec!
Modified by Zagafon, Jul 23, 2015 12:42 AM

Jul 22, 2015 6:15 PM

Humm, still waiting for the uncensored version, that's blasphemous to watch this censored lol

Aug 16, 2015 10:35 AM

Ohh maaaan... Will they ever tell each other they're in love with the each other??!!

If they're censoring, why can't they censore the particular place with a little round-shaped mist/light but instead they do it through the whole screen?
BTW. Why is it even censored?! TT_TT
Modified by Onii-nyan, Aug 16, 2015 10:50 AM
𝓞𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼

Aug 16, 2015 10:56 AM
Hug Addict <3

MocarnyJogurt said:
Why is it even censored?! TT_TT
In order to force people to buy the uncensored Bluray version later on => more money for the producers

Aug 20, 2015 10:09 PM
Pftt.... currently disappointed to see it weaken animation and it becomes Censored... waiting for BDs will be such a pain for finding another anime that is great as this one, F*ck Censored.... I think hmmm... that uncensored will currently lead this anime to 10x hit than censored tho...

Aug 21, 2015 12:26 AM
Hug Addict <3

AddictedWatcher said:
Pftt.... currently disappointed to see it weaken animation and it becomes Censored... waiting for BDs will be such a pain for finding another anime that is great as this one, F*ck Censored.... I think hmmm... that uncensored will currently lead this anime to 10x hit than censored tho...
The animation quality turned out to only be bad for the first episode of this season though; it's looked as good as usual ever since

Aug 22, 2015 4:17 PM

I'm happy to return to TLR Darkness but was immediately noticeable there was a change in the art style from last season. It's like the characters have gone from having gradients to simply being flat colors, kinda like what Mac OS did a while back. Anyway it will take some getting used to but I'm glad TLR is back in animated form.

Aug 23, 2015 11:57 PM

Well . . . still waiting for the BD :3

Sep 26, 2015 7:13 PM
Finally. The uncensored version came out!! So happy now! :3
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]

Sep 27, 2015 2:25 AM
Hug Addict <3

Yup, first BD is out~ (so first 2 episodes uncensored)

Just looked through all the ecchi scenes, and they... well they look just like what you'd expect them to :>

Also glad to see that they did in fact fix the animation problems that the first episode had when it aired on TV

Sep 29, 2015 10:03 PM

Oh yay!! Uncensored episode 1 and 2! <3

Haruna is better in the uncensored episodes.... XD

Oct 1, 2015 10:18 AM

Ok first BD is out, so I can finally watch first 2eps.
So, Yami is SO annoying as always, Yui is useless and annoying as always, Lala is so sweet as always, Momo is so sexy as always, Nana is so Tsundere as always, Haruna is perfect waifu material as always, art is... Wait, not.. Art is too CGish, Motto and Darkness 1 looked great (I was really happy that they stopped using 3D shit) , this one is a BIG regression in quality :/ Seriously WTF :| I looks almost awful.
Modified by rsc-pl, Oct 1, 2015 10:28 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Oct 4, 2015 11:17 AM
are they gonna post the rest of the uncensored episodes?

Oct 4, 2015 11:29 AM
Hug Addict <3

TonyGG said:
are they gonna post the rest of the uncensored episodes?
there is one new BD volume coming out per month

Oct 9, 2015 9:38 AM

Ah yes! The lovely To Love Ru franchise :3 they sure live up to their name :p let's see what this season will offer us!

Dec 21, 2015 8:32 PM

I waited. Now to be rewarded with uncensored blue rays

Dec 23, 2015 6:45 PM

holy shit! I'm grinning from ear to ear like an idiot.,,but well I can't blame myself. I'm watching this uncensored after all! muahahah the wait was so damn worth it! Now give me some more of them good ol' Rito falling into girl's crotch scenes.

Feb 22, 2016 3:58 AM
When Rito left Haruna's room I expected an accident where Haruna's sister was covered in white cream DX

Apr 6, 2016 1:59 PM

I waited as well lel. Satisfying.. though I dislike the art. How do I put this anyway.. It looks cartoonish, looks different.. Guess I'll get used to it eventually.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »