Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 26, 2015 8:56 PM
Aug 2011
_Charl said:
h8rs will r8 it 1 tbh

don't talk about me and my kind like this behind our backs
it's exceedingly rude, where are your manners?
Jun 26, 2015 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
parfaited said:
_Charl said:
h8rs will r8 it 1 tbh

My deepest apology for such manners
you could burn me at stake nao
Jun 26, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2015
_Charl said:
parfaited said:

Burn at the stake? As if you are worthy of such a death.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 26, 2015 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
bobzanny said:
_Charl said:

At least, it will lessen my years in purgatoria.
Jun 26, 2015 9:08 PM

Jan 2015
_Charl said:
bobzanny said:

At least, it will lessen my years in purgatoria.

Ahhh purgatoria where one must watch Glaslip, School Days, Pupa and censored To Love Ru for their stay.
Jun 26, 2015 9:26 PM
Jan 2012
I think they really underdeveloped a lot of the storylines this season. The whole christmas/"genuine" buildup was poorly handled. I never felt the 'coldness' from yukino and guilt that 8man was riddled with from helping iroha. Expected it to be a lot better. They were just putting up fronts the entire time. Nothing felt similar to the way I read it in the LN. The Hayama drama really fell flat on its face too. They left out a ton of shit that would've made the hayama dilemma more signifcant and flow better into the next yukino arc. All for what? Just to squeeze in a volume 11 teaser?

I also think the VAs really fell flat this time around. Iroha's voice grates on my ears (tho she has gotten better), Yukino sounds lifeless this season, and while I thought 8man's VA did a wonderful job in S1, he's gone overboard with his internal monologue voice in S2. It just sounds so altered now, like the pronounced batman growl that christian bale went overboard with.
ftghbJun 26, 2015 9:32 PM
Jun 26, 2015 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
I'll make it short, We have a different taste, different opinion, different view.
I Checked your Currently watching but I dont have any Idea Why you gave this a perfect score (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) so whats my point is just a matter of Opinion.
Jun 26, 2015 10:49 PM
Oct 2007
Why do people rate this higher than season 1?

Prolly because they don't have ADHD and aren't infected with the "holy shit 8batman is so awesome" brain disease.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Jun 26, 2015 11:04 PM

Jan 2015

weewah said:
Because season 1 doesn't have Iroha. XD

Case closed.
Jun 26, 2015 11:06 PM

Jan 2015
Riveon said:

weewah said:
Because season 1 doesn't have Iroha. XD

Case closed.

Iroha greatest kouhai of all time.
Jun 26, 2015 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
ExTamplier said:
New season has slow paced, poor character development (non existent besides the trio), pointless talks about nothing every episode for minutes. This season accomplishes nothing compared to season 1, yet it's in the 100. Season 1 Should be in 100, not season 2. What a let down..

This season is anything but slow paced. The character is focused on 8man and it was a fantastic development. Seriously, if it comes to OreGairu, if you love season 1, you either love or hate Zoku. But Zoku is fantastic.
A drama has a progressive thought, an emotional climax and a resolution, but our lives aren't like that. All we get day after day, are a bunch of vague anxieties that are never really resolved.

- Yamazaki Kaoru
(Welcome to the N.H.K)
Jun 26, 2015 11:21 PM

Dec 2009
Yui's hot mom
Jun 26, 2015 11:25 PM

Jan 2015
For a show that has comedy in the title, it sure had jack shit. Pacing issues, unresolved characters problems, visuals were an improvement but the animation took a nose dive and a terrible ending.

No idea how this is ranked so high when it is as cliche as possible. Not to mention there may not be enough source material for another season and so this might be the true ending of the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
I personally find it better because we explore the characters more.

We see Hachiman wanting something genuine. He started as the guy who wants everyone to die (episode 1) and now he become someone who wants something genuine. I say that's a large development.

We see Yukinon's issue of her family and we explore more of her character and why she do all those things in season 1.

We see Yui's great development too. Yui in season 1 is just your plain nice girl. Season 2, Yui become a supportive girl and by the end of episode 13 she said she's not a nice girl as Hachiman thinks she is. So Yui is pretty much not just your plain nice girl.

Although I got to say that they pulled a cliffhanger ending like Haganai season 2 (which is kind of predictable because you know... similar anime).

But season 2 also offer more things like Yui's mom, Yukino's mom, and great improvement on animation (I find the girls more cute in season 2 than season 1.)

Edit: Oh one more thing. We see a great development for Haruno. She's a bitch.
DarklordVorJun 26, 2015 11:40 PM

Jun 26, 2015 11:41 PM

Jan 2014
Cmon guys we saw Hachi wear a batman mask in the last episode, that's the obvious reason why it's rated so high
Jun 26, 2015 11:48 PM

Aug 2013
Objurgo said:
ExTamplier said:
When main character development is poor, and there is no side character development, you get => bad show (assuming character development is the key of the show)

That is a matter of opinion as you just said. A fair amount of people seem to think that the development between the characters was good.

I don't know what poor character development they're talking about. The trio all got amazing development, and even fucking Hayato and Iroha got some form of character development. Haruno and Shizuka both provided multiple scenarios to enable said growth. Christ the only characters that DIDNT get some form of development were Totsuka and the fat kid.

Pack me a bowl of whatever the fuck you were smoking because it was so strong you ended up watching an entirely different show.
Jun 26, 2015 11:49 PM

Nov 2014
-Shirley- said:
I'll make it short, We have a different taste, different opinion, different view.
I Checked your Currently watching but I dont have any Idea Why you gave this a perfect score (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) so whats my point is just a matter of Opinion.
I always reconsider a grade for shows upon finishing. Grade for ongoing just shows how much I enjoy it at a time, not how much I think the show is worth.

Jun 26, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2015
ExTamplier said:
-Shirley- said:
I always reconsider a grade for shows upon finishing. Grade for ongoing just shows how much I enjoy it at a time, not how much I think the show is worth.

Wait a minute. How could you rate Yamada 10/10 when you actually cares for character development? While Yamada-kun's anime have little to no character development AT ALL. They skipped all the seven witches background and development (even Noa's). Also Miyamura and the club's relationship is omitted.

Believe me, if you read the Yamada-kun manga, you'd find the character development in Yamada-kun's anime is far worse than Oregairu season 2 development.

Jun 26, 2015 11:54 PM

Mar 2013
Season 2 dropped all the decent characters and instead gave us Iroha. Yaaawn. I don't get why anyone likes this boring crud either.
Jun 26, 2015 11:55 PM

Sep 2014
ExTamplier said:
New season has slow paced, poor character development (non existent besides the trio), pointless talks about nothing every episode for minutes. This season accomplishes nothing compared to season 1, yet it's in the 100. Season 1 Should be in 100, not season 2. What a let down..

because they like this pretentious crap of season 2
Jun 26, 2015 11:55 PM

Nov 2014
DarklordVor said:
ExTamplier said:

Wait a minute. How could you rate Yamada 10/10 when you actually cares for character development? While Yamada-kun's anime have little to no character development AT ALL. They skipped all the seven witches background and development (even Noa's). Also Miyamura and the club's relationship is omitted.

Believe me, if you read the Yamada-kun manga, you'd find the character development in Yamada-kun's anime is far worse than Oregairu season 2 development.

I'll take that into a consideration when I will give it a final grade.

Jun 27, 2015 12:20 AM

May 2015
This anime become horrible after genuine speech.
Kinnda funny when the theme is about searching something genuine, the shows itselft is plagiarism

I know this not Watari fault, FEEL just run out of idea after 9 ep.
Jun 27, 2015 12:24 AM
Apr 2013
shinnc7 said:

People really ought to stop bringing up the word "genuine" every time a discussion involves the relationship between our 3 main characters.
Jun 27, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
shinnc7 said:
Kinnda funny when the theme is about searching something genuine, the shows itselft is plagiarism

It's funny how the Yukino and Hachiman scenes are being compared to brother/sister scenes lol
Jun 27, 2015 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
shinnc7 said:

Is this all from one anime? Or multiple different anime? Interesting how Feel plagiarize these anime and not Haganai who have almost the same settings lol.

Jun 27, 2015 12:37 AM

Nov 2012
DarklordVor said:

Is this all from one anime? Or multiple different anime? Interesting how Feel plagiarize these anime and not Haganai who have almost the same settings lol.
It's a comparison between Oregairu and White Album 2.
Jun 27, 2015 12:56 AM

Jan 2010
DarklordVor said:
shinnc7 said:
-snip

The comparison anime is wholly White Album 2.
Declaring plagiarism for some of these shots is a real stretch, lmao.

This is a pointless topic.
The people who prefer season 1 would cry something about ruining the comedy/drama balance and changing the characters into, what they deem as, unlikeable individuals.
The haters of this series as a whole obviously have different preferences.
I prefer Zoku myself, for character development, production values, and the overall shift in mood, among other things, but really, there is no point to this topic.
Jun 27, 2015 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Yahari = Genuine = WA 2
Jun 27, 2015 1:32 AM

Feb 2010
Can't make everyone happy; I personally enjoyed it. The first/second season are both amazing and I enjoyed the latter more.

shinnc7 said:

You could go with any other scenes from other shows and find they use similar shots. If it was counted as plagiarism then everything is a "rip-off" nowadays.

muramusaw8 said:

This is a pointless topic.
The people who prefer season 1 would cry something about ruining the comedy/drama balance and changing the characters into, what they deem as, unlikeable individuals.
The haters of this series as a whole obviously have different preferences.
I prefer Zoku myself, for character development, production values, and the overall shift in mood, among other things, but really, there is no point to this topic.

I can agree with that. Wouldn't really call the topic pointless but it's getting there slowly.
Jun 27, 2015 1:39 AM

Nov 2012
Season 1 started off as a funny and "clever" show centering on unconventional mindsets working to find a solution. Season 2 contained much more subtle and emphasis on character relationships and interaction. The overall tone of the series did shift from light-hearted to seriousness.

In my opinion, season 1 started out fairly weak. The first half of the season was focused on introducing the side characters who had only the stereotypical traits to be associated with which made the show stale since the comedy aspect centered around them more often than not. Also, the scenarios weren't just interesting for me to enjoy. I could care less about the chuunibyou, trap, prince charming, fujoshi, etc... at the time. The latter half was when the episodes were fun or interesting to watch and improved my impression of all characters.

Season 2 brought out a story focused on the complicated relationship among the trio. Lots of character development for the trio and some side characters to flesh out their real personality. But man was the show very subtle with the dialogue at certain times. I can see how people could zone out to this season because of some philosophy about friendship.

I prefer season 2 since I found myself enjoying the characters and drama over the characters and comedy in season 1. Honestly, both seasons were good enough to be praised.
Jun 27, 2015 1:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sequel effect?

Anyway yes this was definitely worse than the last season. Talk about almost nothing happening in it. It had like fifteen minute scenes of nothing but sitting in a clubroom talking about shit

Honestly I think this is the most boring anime to get above 8.50 on MAL since Mushishi. That's quite an achievement really

DarklordVor said:
shinnc7 said:

Those are all from White Album 2 yes (which is a million times better than this crap anyway)
Jun 27, 2015 1:47 AM
Oct 2010
That comparison picture is weird because I could probably pull all those same scenes from baka to test. It's just commonly used directing styles in anime so meh. Anyway I rated this lower than s1 so I guess I'm not part of the "problem"
Jun 27, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2012
What's an opinion am I right?
Jun 27, 2015 2:11 AM

Aug 2013
Praland said:
Because people like what you don't.

And it is so simple, s2 was much deeper and serious than 1st, this is the reason why I (and many other people) rated it higher.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 27, 2015 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
shinnc7 said:
when the theme is about searching something genuine, the shows itselft is plagiarism

There were some ads about WA 2 before episode 13 aired in TBS you know.
Of course they wanted audiences to buy WA 2 BDs and stuff.
You can't blame marketing strategy while you pirating animu, m8.
removed-userJun 27, 2015 2:19 AM
Jun 27, 2015 2:18 AM
Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Those are all from White Album 2 yes (which is a million times better than this crap anyway)

I will agree till a certain extent which is before the school festival. After that, they are just two shits with different shapes.
Jun 27, 2015 2:24 AM

May 2015
OP me and you share the exact same opinion.
I also watched both seasons and gave this one a 6.
They just tried too hard by over exaggerating the dating problems of one girl and how the other girl wants to be different from her family and have her own "individuality" shit she already lives alone what else does she want?
honestly other people may have found meaning in this season but to me it was over exaggerated drama about a couple highschool kids problems.
Jun 27, 2015 2:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
worldeditor11 said:
HaXXspetten said:

I will agree till a certain extent which is before the school festival. After that, they are just two shits with different shapes.
Mm the problem with the WA2 anime is that it only covers like 10-15% of the VN and doesn't really say very much about the rest of the story. Still I liked it for what little it did
Jun 27, 2015 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
The People's rage tho... They gave Oregairu2 with a score of 1 HAHAHA I gave S1-10 S2-9
Jun 27, 2015 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
-Shirley- said:
The People's rage tho... They gave Oregairu2 with a score of 1 HAHAHA I gave S1-10 S2-9

I gave it 7 because they ruin volume 10 adaption.
Jun 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Sep 2014
I gave it 3 because it was often unpleasant to watch
Jun 27, 2015 3:14 AM
Jun 2013
Yukinonnnn
Jun 27, 2015 3:16 AM

Sep 2014
rsc-pl said:
Praland said:

And it is so simple, s2 was much deeper and serious than 1st, this is the reason why I (and many other people) rated it higher.

Its not deep at all
Jun 27, 2015 3:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
-Shirley- said:
There are people downvoting literally every anime out there
Jun 27, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
Lets just respect each others opinion. There are just some people who doesn`t like things to change. They find it hard to accept change because they are used to that character. Basically some don`t like character developments and want a everyday life situation. They probably like animes like K-on. This anime is not just for them. So lets all just respect each other and just calm down. Another thing is they might be just trolls.
Jun 27, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
-Shirley- said:

I can see the rage... a few minutes ago it's 8.55, now it's back to 8.54 lol. Let's see if the rating will settles by next week.

Jun 27, 2015 3:28 AM

Jun 2014
because it was better
:3
Jun 27, 2015 3:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
DarklordVor said:
-Shirley- said:

I can see the rage... a few minutes ago it's 8.55, now it's back to 8.54 lol. Let's see if the rating will settles by next week.
I'm quite sure that's more because of the anticlimatic ending
Jun 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Feb 2015
I'm guessing it's a matter of preference. Season 1 was more light hearted, while season 2 had more drama.
Jun 27, 2015 3:56 AM

Feb 2014
rsc-pl said:
Praland said:

Regarding OP, you are just upset because you prefer comedies over dramas. As S2 is more of a drama you just dislike it and trying to hide it behind some noble reasons that you pulled out of you ass. Instead of beating around the bush like faggot just say it straight. Everybody will respect you as everyone has different taste but just stop giving such nonsensical reasons as to why you don't like it.

TBH I dislike this comparison between these 2 seasons. It's just a continuation of the same medium, of the same story and this is just how it progresses. Rather than thinking of a 2 seasons think of it as an 26 ep anime.
TyrelJun 27, 2015 5:32 PM
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.