New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 9, 2015 1:20 AM

Feb 2015
Evildragon16 said:
Randoll_ said:

He is.

In what sense

Note : I agree if you're talking about the fate route's shirou but in UBW and HF he was boss .

You won't get a proper answer atleast here in MAL.And yeah,Irrelative,stop feeding one line posting trolls.

OT:I think maybe the OreImo one...that seriously creeped me out.
Nov 9, 2015 1:23 AM

Nov 2015
amateur said:
Akihiko86 said:
Luffy - Nami
I don't see why they should be paired.

>Pairing in series where there was never any hint or intention of any kind of romantic subplot
>Even if there were that boat sailed like a decade ago

Top kek
Illyricus said:
Akihiko86 said:
Luffy - Nami
I don't see why they should be paired.

Luffy would marry a piece of meat before love Nami as a girlfriend, lol. I never understand the shipping (pun) in One Piece.

as my eyes see it, she's blushing on him.
I wish I'm just being weird.
INTP (Ne)

A hound, begging for scraps at the emperor's table

Nov 9, 2015 2:07 AM
Apr 2015
Well in vampire knight yuki leaves zero for her F***ing brother!!!!!! Yes she is with zero at the end, but not untill her brother/lover dies and has a baby with with him!!!!!!

Also anything in code geass that wasn't kallenxlulu but let's not get back to the shipping wars that stuff was crazy....
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Nov 9, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
Imaishi said:
Irrelative said:

Yes. It needs to be rewritten.

We agree, but probably of different reasons. Shirou is a terrible character, while Saber is so awesome, that the very thought of this ship makes me puke.

If you like bland, monotonous, Mashiro-esque action girls who only manages to shine during fights then sure.
Nov 9, 2015 7:00 AM
Nov 2015
Evildragon16 said:
Randoll_ said:

He is.

In what sense

Note : I agree if you're talking about the fate route's shirou but in UBW and HF he was boss .

While Kiritsugu was a complex, tragic and brilliant protagonist, all of that was lost upon his naive and stupidly stubborn son, Shirou. His attitude towards wanting to be a hero is similar to Kiritsugu's as a child, but unlike Kiritsugu, who suffered tragedy after tragedy in his life, Shirou only went through ONE tragedy, which was the fire at the end of Fate Zero. He sees the world in Black and White, never once doubting his flawed and naive beliefs. He refuses to do anything that would hurt others, even knowing that not doing so would make his situation far more difficult. Even after his future self, Archer, tells him that the path he is following will only lead to despair, and that saving everyone is impossible, Shirou still blindly refuses to think straight, that maybe, just maybe he is being naive. And the cherry on this stupidity sundae is that his only argument against Archer is "You're wrong, I'm right.", and "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!" This was the perfect chance for Shirou to develop and become at least half as good a protagonist as his Father, but no. He still sticks to his naive, foolish belief that saving everyone is possible no matter what, and he ends up defeating Archer and Gilgamesh, two of the most powerful characters in the Nasuverse. Shirou never grew as a person or matured in the slightest. He started his story as a naive moron and ended his story still being a naive moron. Even discounting his ignorant hero complex, Shirou is just boring. No personality whatsoever outside of that, not counting his women hating sexistic behavior that would make you believe Shirou was born during the 1950s.
Nov 9, 2015 7:16 AM

Jul 2013
Randoll_ said:
Evildragon16 said:

In what sense

While Kiritsugu was a complex, tragic and brilliant protagonist, all of that was lost upon his naive and stupidly stubborn son, Shirou. His attitude towards wanting to be a hero is similar to Kiritsugu's as a child, but unlike Kiritsugu, who suffered tragedy after tragedy in his life, Shirou only went through ONE tragedy, which was the fire at the end of Fate Zero. He sees the world in Black and White, never once doubting his flawed and naive beliefs. He refuses to do anything that would hurt others, even knowing that not doing so would make his situation far more difficult. Even after his future self, Archer, tells him that the path he is following will only lead to despair, and that saving everyone is impossible, Shirou still blindly refuses to think straight, that maybe, just maybe he is being naive. And the cherry on this stupidity sundae is that his only argument against Archer is "You're wrong, I'm right.", and "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!" This was the perfect chance for Shirou to develop and become at least half as good a protagonist as his Father, but no. He still sticks to his naive, foolish belief that saving everyone is possible no matter what, and he ends up defeating Archer and Gilgamesh, two of the most powerful characters in the Nasuverse. Shirou never grew as a person or matured in the slightest. He started his story as a naive moron and ended his story still being a naive moron. Even discounting his ignorant hero complex, Shirou is just boring. No personality whatsoever outside of that, not counting his women hating sexistic behavior that would make you believe Shirou was born during the 1950s.

Everyone knows Shirou is a bad character but you're over-praising Kerry.
Nov 9, 2015 7:19 AM
Nov 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
Randoll_ said:

How exactly am I overpraising him? He just looks better if you put him next to Shirou.
Nov 9, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Randoll_ said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

How exactly am I overpraising him? He just looks better if you put him next to Shirou.

You basically just called Shirou a naive, hypocritic and stupid protagonist and then said he has no personality whatsoever after all that. His argument against archer was simply that even if his wish didn't originate from himself(i.e, it is fake), it couldn't possibly be wrong and as such saving people cannot possibly be a bad thing. The whole point if the UBW arc is how he adjusts his ideals into reality. UBW Shirou is a character who chases the unattainable dream in hopes of attaining it. I agree his hypocrisy annoyed me at a point but the hypocrisy itself is what makes him so well written. He chooses never to regret the decision to save as many people as possible no matter what as it cannot possibly be wrong. You might find Shirou boring but that doesn't make him a bad character. He's just not the kind that you like. In fact he even states that even though saving everyone is impossible, he'll always try.The difference between Shirou and Kiritsugu is this :Kiritsugu, like Archer, was betrayed in the end because he thought his dreams could come true and as such was disillusioned when he realised they couldn't. Shirou on the other hand will never be betrayed by his ideals because his satisfaction is not in achieving it but the process.He's the moron that doesn't let go of an impossible dream but that is exactly where his appeal lies. You say his personality is boring but it's actually deeper than Kiritsugu's.

Nevertheless Fate Shirou was toxic and the only reason I disliked HF sShirou was because he went for sakur a whore.
SodiumChlorideNov 9, 2015 11:03 AM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 9, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
If somebody's argument in bashing a character boils down to Chrunchyroll translation error and literally the whole point of "Answer" going over their head when a guy who doesn't regularly watch anime can decipher it then there is no point in discussing about it.

TL;DR there is always that obligatory answer if you really wanna compare them and yeah,ironically what exactly is Kiritsugu as a personality is revealed in HF but then again people will bash what they want to bash and feel good about themselves for doing so.
Nov 12, 2015 11:35 PM

Feb 2015
SAO, clannad,naruto, tonari no kaibutsu kun spoilers
Nov 14, 2015 5:43 AM

Jun 2015
Imaishi said:
F_94 said:

Golden Time

Lmao so it went downhill 1/4 through? And wasn't it like obvious from the first episode? lol
heheheheh
Nov 14, 2015 5:44 AM

Jun 2015
that slave butler and that tiny blond bitch from that show.....
Dec 17, 2020 9:41 AM
Jun 2015
SoftLongchamp said:
Masaya Aoyama x Momomiya Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew... like, c'mon! Just no.
why is it a trash pairing to you? i dont remember the anime with such details because i watched it years ago but to my 11/12 yo self it was a good couple
Dec 17, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2013
softmomoko said:
SoftLongchamp said:
Masaya Aoyama x Momomiya Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew... like, c'mon! Just no.
why is it a trash pairing to you? i dont remember the anime with such details because i watched it years ago but to my 11/12 yo self it was a good couple

To be honest I don't remember most of it either so I assume I was just mad she didn't pick Kisshu (who was, imo, the best dude ever)
Dec 17, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2015
SoftLongchamp said:
softmomoko said:

To be honest I don't remember most of it either so I assume I was just mad she didn't pick Kisshu (who was, imo, the best dude ever)
but kisshu was such a mess LMAOOO i hated him so much i dont remember if he changed at the end ( i think he did) but he only brought problems to ichigo (pls correct me if im wrong my memories from that anime are vague)
Dec 17, 2020 9:56 AM

May 2013
softmomoko said:
SoftLongchamp said:

but kisshu was such a mess LMAOOO i hated him so much i dont remember if he changed at the end ( i think he did) but he only brought problems to ichigo (pls correct me if im wrong my memories from that anime are vague)

I like the enemies to lovers trope so I can't say much lmao but yeah we both need to re-watch the anime
Dec 17, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2019
Vegeta x bulma

I never understood why they fell in love, how they feel in love
Dec 17, 2020 8:18 PM

Aug 2017
-Sakura x Naruto
-Deku x Bakugo
-Bakugo x Uraraka
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2020 5:30 AM

Nov 2019
^ what this guy said
Plus every other yaoi ship in mha and pretty much every shounen.

Dec 18, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2020
Gintoki x Hijikata
LuLu X C.C (don't @ me please)
Bakugo X Deku
Dec 18, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2013
Naruto x Hinata even though he never gave a single fuck about her. Felt completely forced and underdeveloped.
Same for Ichigo x Inoue. It felt like a completely one sided love. Ichigo never showed any romantic interest in anyone. He just felt awkward next to Orihime/Yoruichi sometimes when they wore overrevealing outfits or teased him.
Tanjirou x Nezuko - why is there a community that supports this pairing? Nezuko isn't really a character. She is just a mascot. Even if she were a character, there is absolutely no reason for them to be together.
All MHA shippings. Its quite obvious Deku and Ochako would be together. They literally have the same face design and it was pre-established from the get-go. No one cares about other characters' pairings as most characters get neglected very easily in this series.
Eren x Mikasa - why do people want that? Mikasa is obsessed with Eren. Eren gives absolutely no fucks about her. Who in their right mind thinks this would be a good pairing?
Eren x Levi - same shit. You can fantasize about whatever you'd like, but seriously stop raging just because your shipping will never be canon.

There are plenty of toxic shippings that are either canon/non-canon. Way more than shippings that actually feel like they were making sense/shippings that were actually good after enough buildup.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 2 hours ago

33 by Hitagi__Furude »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

8 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
7 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
19 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

45 by Pokitaru »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.