3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.6
341 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fucking intense like I had I expected. Lol, nude Benisuzume . I know what Nagate is thinking...

Glad to see they survive that shit though.
And also Nagate become quite a hero in this. Solid conclusion. Some parts felt a bit rushed but very satisfying in the end imo. Can't wait to see some Blame! later on.
Stark700Jun 28, 2015 11:29 AM
Jun 26, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
nude Izana? That nude women was a ena version of Hoshijiro. Epic ended but for 2 straight episode I was hype that they might bring the best girl Hoshijiro back and they did not. T_T At least S2 help me understand Izana more and like her a lot now. I would love to see S3 as there are still much mystery left to solve about Gauna and the secret inside Sidonia itself.
Jun 26, 2015 2:30 PM
Jun 2014
Wow, what a failure of both an episode and a season ending. I'm so dissapointed.

Second half of the episode looked like "we had to end this season so here some useless footage and talking heads".
And nothing was settled story-wise, apart from dead Benisuzume which was for all we know long-dead in anime until the 11th episode. They either have a horrible story-writer or just don't care at all, pacing is horrible. And hey, here's some implication of S3, nobody knows if it will be made untill we see DVD sales, I wonder how big will they be considering this pathetic ending hmmm.
Jun 26, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2014
that cannon barrage was fucking epic
Jun 26, 2015 9:40 PM
May 2015
Visasuliy said:
Wow, what a failure of both an episode and a season ending. I'm so dissapointed.

Second half of the episode looked like "we had to end this season so here some useless footage and talking heads".
And nothing was settled story-wise, apart from dead Benisuzume which was for all we know long-dead in anime until the 11th episode. They either have a horrible story-writer or just don't care at all, pacing is horrible. And hey, here's some implication of S3, nobody knows if it will be made untill we see DVD sales, I wonder how big will they be considering this pathetic ending hmmm.

I agree, liked the beginning of this season but it became a moe series with some fanservice which i don't dislike if the atmosphere weren't destroyed, still enjoy Sidonia... my bad for having too much expectations.
Jun 26, 2015 9:50 PM

Jun 2009
Leopard-Raws guys?

EDIT: Holy SHIT BAWLS! I cannot beleive how awesome that op was. Want S3 now!!! :D
Zer010Jun 26, 2015 10:15 PM
Jun 26, 2015 10:26 PM
May 2014
I wonder how they went about spending the extra time in the uncut version. I'd prefer it not be 8+ minutes of extra credits.

From what I can tell, Hoshijiro's consciousness within Benisuzume had awoken during that kiss scene. She looked utterly shattered the moment she lost contact with her true body.

As much as I liked that climax, I think it would have been best if they could have somehow squeezed what little they had with it into ep11. It was truly epic but also greatly contrasts with the majority of the episode.

Despite the "anime-end" esque credit roll, they didn't really give the series a proper closure. Kunatochia is definitely cooking up some trouble and to have the series end here doesn't really fell appropriate. No definite announcement post-ep12 regarding a 3rd season so I guess we'll have to live with wondering.

On a somewhat related note,
Jun 28, 2015 4:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FANSERVICE

Pretty epic finale, albeit not quite as epic as the last episode. Amazing anime overall

Btw can anyone tell me which chapter of the manga this covers up to? I'd love to pick it up
Jun 28, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
I won't kill myself before I see a third season.

This series is way too good.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 28, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2010
HaXXspetten said:
FANSERVICE
Btw can anyone tell me which chapter of the manga this covers up to? I'd love to pick it up

I'm curious about that myself also.

Jun 28, 2015 5:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
When I first saw that kiss in the manga, I didn't know what to make out of it. Get it? Lol. It was pretty grotesque but somehow, a bit hot too.

That Hayakaze vanguard formation sequence was amazing! Kinda risky that they used Nagate and Tsumugi as a bait, but they managed to annihilate the group of Gauna.

Tsuruuchi saying Nagate might submit to his male urges and ravage the placenta was hilarious! Well, he was technically carrying two girls at once.

Nice to see Nagate visiting his old base and reminiscing about his grandpa. I like how he let him hold onto his badge. Very courteous of him.

Great finale to end one of the best shows of the season. I hope Polygon announces a 3rd season someday. Would love to see a TV adaptation of Blame! too!
Angel_Beats said:
HaXXspetten said:
FANSERVICE

You can start from chapter 42. That's where more of less this season ended.
VindstotJun 28, 2015 5:17 AM

Jun 28, 2015 5:42 AM
Dec 2013
just confirmed ss3 already
Jun 28, 2015 5:49 AM

Jan 2010
Well that was a creepy kiss. Still, I'd do it with Hoshijiro. Zombie Hoshijiro, best Hoshijiro.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jun 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Jun 2014
I want new season... please...
Jun 28, 2015 6:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Vindstot said:
Angel_Beats said:

You can start from chapter 42. That's where more of less this season ended.
Sankyuu~
Jun 28, 2015 6:07 AM

Aug 2012
Angel_Beats said:
HaXXspetten said:
FANSERVICE

If you are going to read KoS, I strongly recommend you to start at the beginning.
Jun 28, 2015 6:08 AM

Mar 2014
Watching the end credits made me realize how super sad it is that hoshijiro is dead
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 28, 2015 6:10 AM

Aug 2010
Amazing ending to such a great series :D

Dat tentacle kiss was friggin HAWT *A*

Ena Hoshijiro is kawaii <3
I felt bad for Benisuzume when she was asking him not to get rid of her :(
The way Nagate just mercilessly destroyed the core was BA!

The teamwork to destroy all the Gauna was awesome. Loved the formation.

Tsumugi asking if she was heavy was kawaiii <3

Dat OP1 playing at the end :3 9/10

Fun shit. Not the best as an adaption but they kept most of the stuff I cared about so that's all I wanted :D S3 when >.<
Jun 28, 2015 6:11 AM

Jul 2012
This season was awesome! There were more slice of life moments interlaced in but they were also good.

Tsumugi, best version of Hoshijiro. Ena Hoshijiro is also cool.

Season 3, pls confirm. I want more Sidonia.
Jun 28, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode, and EVERYONE!! HOSHIJIRO WAS MOVING! (when nagate carried tsumugi back) And she looked pretty much like a human.., not like that previous placenta in the glass, there is still hope :3 Cant wait for season3 :)
Jun 28, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 2010
I think it was a great finale. The orbital barrage to wipe out the gauna was one of the more bad-ass things I have seen in a while. I was literally smiling all the way until they stopped shooting. Also more Hoshijiro is never a bad thing (best girl). Though placenta Hoshijiro is not as good as the real one.

Now I am very sad that this season is over and I am waiting for a season 3 announcement whenever that will be since I don't want it to end here!
Jun 28, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2010
No S3 confirmed yet? My only problem with this finale. The S1 Opening was the best way this could ever be handled. I guess that I should start reading the manga or Blame! but I really want to know if S3 is coming.

zunderdog24 said:
Watching the end credits made me realize how super sad it is that hoshijiro is dead
Yes, Hoshijiro is still best girl.
Jun 28, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
This is more entertaining than the 1st season.
Tsumugi is the most Moe character of the series.

9/10

Season 3 or Blame! anime adaptation please?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 28, 2015 7:09 AM

Nov 2013
Whoa that was amazing. S3 when.

Veldarth said:
Angel_Beats said:

If you are going to read KoS, I strongly recommend you to start at the beginning.
Agreed.
Jun 28, 2015 7:26 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode, got goosebumps during the ending credits with the S1 OP playing. The way they handled the ending felt kind of definitive, so the lack of a S3 announcement makes me wonder if it will ever happen. Is there even enough manga material yet?
Jun 28, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
Why so few comments?
anyways
a brilliant episode Season (2nd) finale!
Without the help of Izana, Hoshijiro... i mean Benisuzume could have raped Nagate.
Is that Hoshijiro materialized body/placenta alive after being destroyed Benisuzume's core?
Nagate: "Bring it on" you're such a badass!
Midorikawa is really a great strategy space military planner!
Such brilliant CG art especially the reinforcement artillery lead by Samari!
Tanikaze got a medal of valor. It's important because it could serve as motivational boost to all knights and a role model of course.
Last part was heartwarming because Nagate went to his original official home where he spent most of his life simulating and traning on fighting gauna with the support of his mentor/father.
Hearing the full OP of season 1 while credits and all cool scenes is pleasure to my ears.
5/5.

Jun 28, 2015 7:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This anime really likes to torture my already shattered soul so much....

Benisuzume making that Hoshijiro clone and then seeing Tanikaze suffer emotionally because of its exploits made me suffer too....I really really miss Hoshijiro so freaking much man :(

Anyway, that finale was simply brilliance incarnate, everything ranging from when the other frames came and rescued Tanikaze straight up to the medal ceremony and then the ending which showed everything from S1 to now while playing the first OP song that I absolutely LOVE was just really awesome

9/10 yet again for such a great series
Jun 28, 2015 8:05 AM

May 2014
Great finale for my anime of the season, can't wait for the announcement of S3. Hopefully, it won't take too long.
Several people in here mentioned Blame!. How is it related to the series? Should I watch/read it for more background, character development or anything?
Jun 28, 2015 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
This season should be called "My little Tentacle monster can't be this cute" :3
Jun 28, 2015 8:14 AM

Jul 2013
Great end to a second season. This episode made me miss hoshijiro so much.
Overall I think polygon did a maginificient job. Not everyone enjoyed slice of Sidonia , but I loved this season even more than the first. I will now impatiently wait for s3 in the meantime.
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Jun 28, 2015 8:34 AM

Aug 2012
Omegasword said:
Several people in here mentioned Blame!. How is it related to the series? Should I watch/read it for more background, character development or anything?

BLAME! isn't related to KoS.

Should you read it for more background and character development ? Definitely not!

Should you read it for its dark and engrossing atmosphere, incredible artwork and one of the most unique experience the manga medium has to offer? Hell yes!
Jun 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
So good! Not as good as the last episode, but still. That kiss was creepy as hell haha. Hoping for S3
Jun 28, 2015 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
Really great stuff. Shows like Sidonia come around once in a blue moon. I am sad that it's ended, but I'm sure they will finish up the second half of the manga once it has concluded. They already have all of the 3d models to reuse. Sidonia has sold quite well. There's no way that S3 and S4 aren't going to happen.

I will say that the ending was abrupt, and while everything was wrapped up it did feel a bit rushed. But that is my only complaint. This series was fantastic. It was quite a ride and I'll be looking forward to more. 8/10
Jun 28, 2015 10:06 AM

Dec 2013
The ending given was really fitting for an anime that isn't sure whether the last 1/3 of the story will be animated. As much as it doesn't give a proper conclusion, I thought it was the best way to end things, on the off chance that they do announce a season 3 in the near future.

This episode was exciting in the first half, and pretty much a wrap-up in the second half. The Gauna kiss was pretty sick (not in a good way mind you). It looked like Tanikaze was eating a balut and the things intestines had exploded onto his lips or something (urgh...). That's some pretty disgusting stuff. It was good thing that Izana's amazing hand saved Tanikaze from being strangled to death there. The subsequent naked Gauna-in-cockpit was humorous. I also noticed that the second half of the entire episode had a distinct lack of Tsumugi in it. Apart from the flashbacks in the Ending Credits, she didn't show up at all afterwards. Hopefully it just means that the events after her rescue just happened soon afterwards and that she was still recovering from her injuries.

In any case, we all know that Ochiai still has his diabolical plan to become a Gauna, and we all know that Kobayashi still seems to have something up her sleeves as well. Now all we need is for Nihei to finish up with the manga so we'll actually get the canon ending in the next season.

I'm patient. I can wait. For now I'll just reminisce on how good the first two seasons were.

Despite the abundance of SoL episodes this season, I still feel that this show was vastly underrated. This show needs more love.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 28, 2015 10:22 AM
Jun 2013
What a wonderful show! After season one ended last year I was so impressed I went out and bought all the official translated manga available at the time. It’s no masterpiece by any means, but I don’t think I could honestly ask for much more in a series without getting picky.
Jun 28, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
Epic! This series grows with every new episode. And so does Polygon. Now it would be hell to wait another year for third part.
I'm glad they got Hoshijiro back. And that kiss - I doubt it will be without its after-effects. Maybe I'll read the manga afterall.

Definitely better than first season, way to go! Now I really can't wait for a continuation.

8/10
Jun 28, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
Well this show was "WOW". If first season was amazing, this season was absolutely stunningly epic!

Even if Im not a mecha fan, in fact I pretty much dislike this genre. But Sidonia was different. I mean, story is really entertaining. I love how they reveal everything bit by bit, and at the same time they make even more questions. I loved all the plot twists. I loved all the underlying themes about gaunas and also about humans drifting in space alone.

Action was mind-blowing in this show.

It has one of the best CGIs out there in anime. At first I thought I'll hate this anime because of the art, but damn I was never so wrong. Not even talking about soundtrack (nothing less to expect from such mastermind as Noriyuki Asakura) and sound effects, which are masterpiece, its still impressive how much attention they gave to the sound...
I dont know from where they managed to get such budget, but wow.

I announce it one of the most underrated series right there. 10/10 imo. Yes, its no masterpiece, but it's near perfect in the genre. Secret diamond I found accidentally.
Jun 28, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit that was fucking amazing i demand season 3 now!!
Jun 28, 2015 11:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope sales are good enough for them to continue adapting it. There's so few series like these coming out these days.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 28, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:
I hope sales are good enough for them to continue adapting it. There's so few series like these coming out these days.

Hopefuly.

THIS SHOW IS CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED. OH, THE FIRST OPENING AS THE ENDING, BRILLIANT!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
The finale,mainly the last 3 episodes,for this season was just great.
While I have some problems here and there with this series,it's still better than most other stuff coming out these days.
Season 3 would be cool.
Jun 28, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
haany said:
I want new season... please...

Yeah. They ended on a cliffhanger before they went on to take on the super-hive. Damn them! :D

Pretty good episode. I felt it was both intense and done in a good way to end the season.
Jun 28, 2015 12:06 PM
Nov 2013
God damn, what a great way to end this season. I had faith that this season would be fucking amazing.

GIVE US A 3RD SEASON JAPAN
Jun 28, 2015 12:07 PM
Jun 2015
It ended with a sh*tty cliffhanger in a good way want to know more about the Hive and Hoshijiro...

P.S That tentacle kiss was damn HAWT!!!

~THIRD SEASON PLEASSSE~
Jun 28, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2014
Been some time since I read the manga chapter this episode covered. I don't remember the Hayakaze formation, but that was cool to watch. Oddly enough, he could have just fired the chest/head blades on his Tsugumori mk II to defeat Benisuzume (though he wasn't piloting the mk II in the manga when this happened).

Veldarth said:
Omegasword said:

BLAME! isn't related to KoS.

Should you read it for more background and character development ? Definitely not!

Should you read it for its dark and engrossing atmosphere, incredible artwork and one of the most unique experience the manga medium has to offer? Hell yes!

Yeah Blame is thin on character development, though it gets slightly better after Cibo and Sanakan are introduced.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jun 28, 2015 12:29 PM
May 2014
KazuhoYoshii said:
Oddly enough, he could have just fired the chest/head blades on his Tsugumori mk II to defeat Benisuzume (though he wasn't piloting the mk II in the manga when this happened).

I was expecting some sort of instance, Benisuzume or not, that would demonstrate this. It's one of the key features of the Mk II/III after all.
Jun 28, 2015 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
The teamwork to destroy all the Gauna was awesome.
Jun 28, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2012
hoshijiro is love hoshiiro is life

lol but theres still so many unanswered questions
Jun 28, 2015 1:02 PM

Jun 2014
Not much to comment on. I was satisfied.

Praise angela.

9/10
Jun 28, 2015 1:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very very satisfying ending in a long time. 10/10 this episode. 9/10 in the series overall.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.