Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 5, 2016 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
Season 1 > Season 2

Too much slice of life about Tsugumi.

And what is that Chibi Ochiai?

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 12:58 AM

Apr 2015
ezaya said:
Season 1 > Season 2

Too much slice of life about Tsugumi.

And what is that Chibi Ochiai?

7/10

yeah honestly Dat tentacle is not a good character development .. just a character that wanted to be a replacement for Hoshi, but no. Hoshijiro can't be replaced ....

just watch all SNK episode .. hmmmm it's quite different than manga, especially last episode and relationship between Izana and Nagate which is good ... I hope the anime (if there season 3) will have original ending coz manga ending is so suck to be honest ..
DebaskyAug 8, 2016 9:16 PM
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Feb 11, 2017 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
So... I did not understand something... Hoshijiro was cloned a second time? Now the Kunato Labs have TWO Placental Hoshijiros? Or did the first one die?
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 22, 2017 2:12 AM
Apr 2014
Great finish to the season, that battle scene was awesome.

Those scenes when Tanakaze is thinking about his grandpa were done very well.

So many unanswered questions leading into season three whenever they make it.
Nov 14, 2018 3:09 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Boltz said:
Well that was a creepy kiss. Still, I'd do it with Hoshijiro. Zombie Hoshijiro, best Hoshijiro.

I have complicates feelings about that too, but that placenta Hoshijiro could have killed Nagate way before but she still gone for the kiss, so clearly dead best girl influence there... (that placenta was HOT)

zunderdog24 said:
Watching the end credits made me realize how super sad it is that hoshijiro is dead

Not only there, when she Tsumugi appeared like that it made me kinda sad...

Tohka_Yatogami said:
The teamwork to destroy all the Gauna was awesome.

One of the various epic scenes of this last episode.

They surely ended it with a bang, but they made it even better, the later half was also really nice, good enough to give it a proper conclusion.
So Tsumugi remains the best girl here, followed by Yuhata, I dont see why the appeal on Izana at all. If Hoshijiro was alive she would have utterly destroyed any opposition.

S1 started poorly IMO but then I got the hang of it and ended on a fantastic battle that earned it a 9, there was alot of improvement through the whole S1, yet I do think S2 done it even better, it had a very amazing start, 5-9, I was completly fine with the SoL, it was very enjoyable way to balance all the action and let blow out some steam, before picking up again for truly terrific conclusion with 10-12.
Before seeing ep12 I was like, this been great but still hasnt reach the EPIC of S1 final battle... it wasnt of the same scale but I do think the whole ep12 was filled of many great scenes equal or better to S1's, for me this episode was the series best so far.

Never seen an "anime" making such great usage of CGs like this, fits it like a glove, these fight have to be experienced by any action/thrills seeker, and OST... greatness, but even more than that, I m going to compare this to Fate Stay Night visual novel.
The sound effects are AMAZING, very immersive, really amazing job here.
Plan to read the manga soon enough (waiting for S3), I dont believe it will be this good, the CG and sounds effects were nailed here...

Characters that grow into you (Tsumugi a great addiction), decent plot, very tense scenes and overall amazing mecha action with some good drama, some mindfucks, a truly terrifying enemy, and it closes it perfectly with amazing OP that is a small part of a great soundtrack.
Cant point a single negative, sure I dont dig Izana that much, or the MC being really dull at times, but still, nothing major.

If Muv Luv series is ever adapted, I would be fine if it was done in CG, IF it was done this well.

9.1/10 = 9
Nov 15, 2018 7:23 AM

Jan 2010
Yeah, studio Polygon have made a good use of cold, digital colors. And they really deserve an award for the sound effects - they have that "boom" effect and get you pumped up on many levels. That's what made the Blame movie enjoyable too.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jul 26, 2019 6:34 AM
Jun 2017
Simply amazing. Other than a few reanimated sequences te animation is actually quite smooth and the story is amazing. Highly underrated.
Oct 3, 2021 1:01 AM
Mar 2012
Rewatch, think s2 better watched episodic, but binge still fun as a straightforward scifi.
Cool moments of space horror, great aerial dogfights, amazing sound design as usual breaks my cheap speakers.
Tsumugi big moeblob, her soundfx so cute.
Cool war tactics on both sides.
Unsure the harem scenes vs gauna war balance. En tried but failed so hard, at least got cool granny Yure, Izana & Tsumugi development.
Norio/Ochiai scheme unfinished.
Many meh support casts, but Tsuruuchi becoming a notable goofball.
Benisuzume vs Tsumugi with RhoAias shield, & infiltrating Tanikaze was really badass & hot. That's like the hypest pentagon formation team save.
33minute finale? good nostalgia for s1 & grandpa & endpoint before more Lem events.
Nov 6, 2021 7:57 AM

Nov 2016
I couldn't hold it when the first opening kicked in! They even used a second time as outro haha.

Then there was the Tsumugi transforming scene. Quite the shocking sight. Although it was definitely not the most sensible thing to do, I still felt bad for her too afterwards. I mean she's a child in a sense.

Pretty good finale, liked all the callbacks and flashbacks. But overall I would say that this season was slightly below the first one in spite of me thoroughly enjoying the intense harem rom-com flavor.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2022 5:34 AM

Mar 2013
Every bit of this episode was EPIC! This series is really wonderful to watch, unfortunately,
there's no more sequel for this (or an ideal sequel, another 1-2 seasons would be enough to finish the story, I think).
but I'm glad that there's another series I can call a masterpiece like the Gundam00 and Lelouch's series. 9/10!!!
Every character was interesting to watch. I really will miss this story... >_<

Or... I could simply read the source instead... which would be tiring... :v
CrazyButNot4UMay 30, 2022 5:40 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 18, 2022 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
Having rewatched this I still love this series just as much.
The part where they were defending Nagate was so damn good.
Yes the romance stuff took a bit away from the war they were about to enter but it was much needed for Izana's character.

Now to see if the movie wraps everything up in a satisfying way.
Sep 12, 2022 7:53 PM

Dec 2018
overall a disappointment with some decent parts. there needs to be more character development and return to a more serious plot. maybe a 5/10, i want to score it lower actually but it wasn't all bad.
Apr 22, 2023 6:22 AM
Aug 2011
t'was pretty good
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Dec 2022
Didn't expect Benisuzume's pilot to survive at all, but I'm glad she did. That said, hopefully she isn't subject to Ochiai's plans in the same way Placenta Hoshijiro was.

Excellent season, even more so than the first, which took a while to lift off. It hits the ground running and develops the characters and their interactions with each other in much more organic ways, making even the downtime between missions intriguing. I do wish some details (namely the parasites that infected Norio and Kunato) were expanded on more, but that's just a nitpick.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.