Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2015 3:32 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tom and Jerry the episode :D
Too bad they didn't get new types of pokeballs
Waifu war incoming, Millefeuille is back
Jun 29, 2015 12:16 AM

Feb 2012
Wait is this 78 or 79?
Jul 5, 2015 12:07 PM
May 2015
78. I found this episode pretty entertaining. It's like Tom and Jerry all over again. The funniest scene in my opinion was when Nyarth's tail got stuck and was sacked in.
What I don't get, though, is how the Thunderbolt was able to knock the truck down when in other truck episodes it took the hit?
Jul 7, 2015 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
Lucha chu lol why does picachu need a stuntman lol
Jul 7, 2015 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
so... why are we skipping the episode 78 discussion? yknow the one with all them pikachus
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jul 7, 2015 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
Rocksterrock said:
so... why are we skipping the episode 78 discussion? yknow the one with all them pikachus

There was an hour long special, idk if the last two pocketmonster releases were supposed to be a single episode or if it counts as two separate episodes.
Jul 7, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2014
Shuhan said:
Rocksterrock said:

There was an hour long special, idk if the last two pocketmonster releases were supposed to be a single episode or if it counts as two separate episodes.

The Pokeball episode is 79. The Pikachu episode is 78. This happened before too earlier in XY and it was counted as two episodes.
Jul 8, 2015 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Shuhan said:

The Pokeball episode is 79. The Pikachu episode is 78. This happened before too earlier in XY and it was counted as two episodes.
ahh alright thanks fam
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jul 8, 2015 5:41 PM
May 2013
Ep 79..... not see it and not found on Web only ep 78 in Japanese -_- .... lol XD
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 11, 2015 3:51 PM

Feb 2012
just letting you know episode 80 is the Serena / Millfe critic performance
Jul 11, 2015 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
rafi160 said:
just letting you know episode 80 is the Serena / Millfe critic performance

What's annoying is 80 is subbed and not 79.

-_-
Jul 11, 2015 8:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yea I noticed Ep 79 was not subbed. Wonder why. Perhaps, due to the lack of speaking lines. I haven't seen the episode so I'm just assuming.

Jul 11, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Yea I noticed Ep 79 was not subbed. Wonder why. Perhaps, due to the lack of speaking lines. I haven't seen the episode so I'm just assuming.

I hope its subbed soon :(
Jul 12, 2015 9:02 AM
Sep 2013
SweetKotomi said:

It was temporarily skipped due to XY80 being one of the most anticipated episodes yet. It's coming.
Jul 13, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2009
I don't like to skip episodes unless it's absolute necessary.

So... I'll be waiting for ep 79 before I watch ep 80.

PS: ep 78's cosplay pikas are so cute. (Wish I could afford to buy one of those Idol Pikas... no money... T_T)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 2, 2015 3:37 PM
Oct 2009
Was really entertaining and funny episode. ^-^
Next episode seems very interresting serena vs millefeu. x3
It is great that she is back, she is the best rival now in XY series. ^^
I hope serena is winning this contest! :3
Aug 17, 2015 10:43 PM

Dec 2011
That was such a cat and mouse chase episode... wait a minute... it is actually a literal cat and mouse episode!

Meowth vs Pikachu! That was really fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 12:34 AM

Nov 2014
Ah that was confusing. I mean the skip...Eh whatever, found the right discussion.

This was a cute episode! They were way too gullible as always, but aside from that I liked this episode. Lots of focus on Meowth and Pikachu, which I think was refreshing. All those "Pika Pika!"s were adorable to listen to xD I was super surprised when Pikachu almost got returned to it's Pokeball! That hasn't happened since like...The Mewtwo movie? I don't remember xD Pikachu was pretty smart to jump into the vents at the last minute though! And Meowth almost got captured lol. Sometimes I forget that Meowth is technically a wild Pokémon. That scene with Pikachu and Meowth's "fight" was neat. I think Meowth should fight more. If he leveled up enough to learn Pay Day then they wouldn't have money issues xD But I do remember an episode where he was trying to learn it and couldn't...I'm getting off topic...Anyways, great episode =D

Why was Staraptor the "Who's That Pokémon?" Staraptor wasn't in this episode...It was in the last episode, but not this one. I guess because the main Pokémon in this episode were all ones we see a lot? (Pikachu, Meowth, Inkay, Pumpkaboo, Wobbuffet)

I still love Serena's hair. There was a scene in this episode where it looked really cute ^,^

And I love the way they still put emphasis on how Dedenne is Bonnie's but still technically Clemonts. Like, how Clemont was the one to return Dedenne to it's Pokeball, but when they got the Pokémon back Bonnie was the one to hug Dedenne. She's adorable ^,^ And Alyson Rosenfeld does such a great job with her voice.
BlackFox24Sep 7, 2015 12:50 AM
Sep 19, 2015 3:12 PM
Jun 2012
Wow, this episode was surprisingly fresh! They actually explored some new ideas and some cat-mouse play between Pikachu and Meowth hasn't been done in some time. Man, I always forget how good Team Rocket can be in these episodes. Since they seem to be contractiously obliged to make an appearance in every episode they tend to disrupt the flow and just generally be an annoyance. But then there are episodes like these which are centered around them which allows them to really shine.
Nov 7, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
Now this is the Pokeball place discussion, how confusing! that was the last episode I watched, not this one, I watched the Serena performance one. I'll have to +1 again I guess.

But Bulbapedia says the performance episode was number 79. It sounds like according to Wikipedia this Pikachu episode everyone supposedly watched which wasn't dubbed or subbed by the sound of it was a special episode and should not be counted in the regular ones as it doesn't there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon:_XY:_Kalos_Quest_episodes#Season_18_.282014-2015.29
It also says on Pokemon Wikia that the performing one I watched which was great was episode 79
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_the_Series:_XY_Kalos_Quest

People need to make new pages for specials and stop messing everything up on here.
stephtastropheNov 7, 2015 5:12 AM
Nov 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
I'm exited when i see they visit Pokeball Factory but it's turn out to be a tom and jerry episode with Pikachu and Meowth so i'm fell a little bit disappointed :P I expected them to met Team Plasma but dunno why until the current story they never mentioned even once.. From Hoenn onward, the villain team always play a major part to the plot, so i expected something the same with XY, hope i would be the case..

As for the episode itself, it's pretty good.. a little bit boring in the middle though (when meowth try to caught pikachu in the pokeball maker machine).. in the end ofc they can retrieve all of their pokeball back again, lol..

Overall a nice episode.. seems like the next ones is Serena's Pokemon Showcase so ofc i'm looking forward to see it.. Hope she can wins this ones.. 4/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jul 20, 2017 12:19 PM
Jan 2017
awe, i love this episode! pikachu laughing :>
Mar 16, 2020 7:27 PM

Dec 2008
Haha I had just thought about Pikachu Vs. Meowth a few episodes back with the Eureka Vs. Meowth episode, and we get another episode called Pikachu Vs. Meowth. It's pretty different than the first, but also an excellent episode.

OMG Team Rocket's disguises. They were pretty good so the group fell for this obvious trap pretty quickly.

WTF Satoshi still has Pikachu's monster ball/pokeball? Wasn't him NOT having it a major thing in Episode N, or just that he couldn't use it or didn't have it on hand? Been a while since I've seen those episodes but I recall that being a major thing. A possible inconsistency in the series, but hardly the first. I also didn't see the thunderbolt symbol from the first episode on it, so maybe it's a replacement Satoshi got in case of another emergency like that. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.

We get to see the different pokeballs for people who complain about lack of variety of pokeballs in the anime. Are the differences between the pokeballs just paint? That makes sense, perhaps there's seemingly less of a variety in the anime because people just buy ultra balls and other varieties with the standard coloring and no paint. In gen 1, 2 games we couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Pikachu almost caught Meowth, this episode is amazing.

Wasn't sure what Meowth was thinking by challenging Pikachu to a proper battle since it's been well established it doesn't have much battling skill while Pikachu is way above average, but it was to get it back in the pokeball. Didn't work out ofc. Yeah, I loved this one.

(PS: lol @ acting like Pokemon anime hasn't always been the anime version of tom and jerry..)
Nov 19, 2023 3:33 AM

Feb 2020
Então esse é o tal do ''pikablu''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.