Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 24, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2011
Kilikclia said:
I'd say my favorite characters were those in ShinganCrimsonz-- gotta have my comedy. Didn't care much for the girls, honestly. Well, maybe except for the pink-alien-sheep one.

So you're saying you like Moa-chan deep down?
Jun 24, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2011
PLASMAGICA lives on. Those girls are them.
Jun 25, 2015 3:52 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
ShinganCrimsonz technically already have their own anime (three 1 minute shorts).
Anyway, I really liked this show! From episode one to now! So many shows started off blah this season, but this one held my attention from the start.
I'm glad people stuck with it. It's been a fun jam, Show By Rock brethren!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 26, 2015 6:41 PM

May 2014
The battle was kinda rushed, but besides from that it was a pleasant ending.
The president though -- I cracked up. XD
Rom was easily my favourite character, Cyan being second.

8/10.
Jun 27, 2015 1:56 AM

Jul 2012
The final battle could've been better. Didn't feel much of a climax.

Shingan Crimson and their reaction faces were hilarious as always.

I wish the girls had more focus though. I like that they gave both bands decent screentime but they were almost overshadowed by Shingan Crimson for the most part.
Jun 27, 2015 2:03 PM
May 2007
9/10 only for Shingan Crimsonz ♥
Congrats for winning 2nd in sanrio chara ranking, boys. I still love you even if you lost the 1st rank by 35 votes.

LittleStar said:
I wanted to see how "Berry-san" looks!

This.
I was so waiting to see King but instead we got to see the president, not that I didn't like him tho.

thewhitesea said:
And I really loved how Shuzou and Rom's relationship resolved itself in the end.

Oh my sparkly PERFECT 10/10
Jun 27, 2015 11:51 PM

Feb 2015
Overall a enjoyable anime too watch if you're into the whole moe,cat,music playing stuff, which i am :p

8/10
baboonwilsonSep 18, 2015 8:24 PM

Jun 28, 2015 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
A show that was simultaneously lame and awesome, but I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10 for sheer entertainment value.
Jun 28, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2013
Concert animated normally... Yes! that's how it's done!
Fitting end to this cute show.

I enjoyed watching, but it didn't have enough going for it for me to give it anything above 6/10 (above average).
Jun 28, 2015 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
I really like how it went back to the real world at the last minute. I'd be interested to see more of that. It was all her imagination. Didn't like the whole save the world plot from that standard villain
Jun 29, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
That scene when Angelica moaned and it showed Maple's butt was gloriously hilarious. I was like "fan-service? No no, this is totally out of place." Good going, although ouch my eyes! Cyan should totally stay in that angel form, she looked great and that was an explosive way to wrap up the end game battle.

Overall this turned out to be quite the...unique experience. The CGI blew my mind the first time I saw it and I'm really glad they kept that at a minimal as I really did prefer the character's actual designs. These types of surreal techno-metropolis settings seem to usually bring out the bizarre. The art was really vivid and colorful, everything and everyone was shining. The songs were all really catchy and I especially like that shooting star one by Plasmagica as well as Shingancrimsonz cattle-ramen tune. Speaking of, Shingancrimsonz antics had me grabbing my sides in desperate attempts to contain the laughter. A hilarious bunch and definitely the highlight of the show for me (minus my soft spot for Cyan/Retoree being incredibly cute).

All in all fun, 7/10-nya.
Jun 29, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
BakaKaito said:
Gotta say, I loved this anime. I didn't think I would but I did, way more than I probably should have. Definitely going to miss it. Those Club members though....where have I seen them before? Hmmmm..... >o<

I totally agree. I noticed it from Episode 1 actually heheh :D
臭い-
Jun 30, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2014
Really liked this show from beginning to end. Proved to be somewhat a teary one but so comedic! Loved it!

8/10. Dagger was scary. Never got to see Grateful King's final form but is probably elvis. Damn Cyan and that madoka magica throwback and angel beats ending. A season 2 would prolly be in my hopes if only she had stayed and not "reincarnate."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
raidenwarrior said:
Kilikclia said:
I'd say my favorite characters were those in ShinganCrimsonz-- gotta have my comedy. Didn't care much for the girls, honestly. Well, maybe except for the pink-alien-sheep one.

So you're saying you like Moa-chan deep down?

I couldn't remember any of the characters names, lol, besides Cyan (reminded constantly). Mao was one of the few from the girls that had me smiling at her "alien" scenes.
Jul 7, 2015 12:13 AM

Dec 2010
I had always liked this show, but the ending clenched it. They saved everyone, gave a performance, had a sad good bye, and then they showed the impact the series had on her, and her confidence levels. I really can't complain, it was a pretty great ending!

All in all this was a fun and cute show, which is exactly what I expected from it. I really liked the music, and the characters were cute as well. Definitely liked it, so I'm going to give it a 9/10. I'm gonna miss the animal girl cuteness!
Jul 8, 2015 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
I'd totally watch a ShinganCrimsonZ spin-off if they make it.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 11, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
Cyan was so cute as an angel, too bad she could not stay there.

6/10
Jul 12, 2015 5:56 PM

May 2012
Solid ending of this show but for some reason this anime didn't completely interest me, it was good to a degree but stopped didn't caugh my attention as I first expected it would. That aside it was still a pretty lovely anime in general!
Aug 5, 2015 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
is it me or everyone realize it too that the music club member from cyan school look exactly like plasmagica ; moa , chuchu and retoree. it's a little disappointed that they didn't show their face at the final episode last minute after the ending.

and...... i just had a felling that this series will be having a second season. is it true or not ?

8/10 from me !!!
our youth is NON-STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
Tevens said:
is it me or everyone realize it too that the music club member from cyan school look exactly like plasmagica ; moa , chuchu and retoree. it's a little disappointed that they didn't show their face at the final episode last minute after the ending.

and...... i just had a felling that this series will be having a second season. is it true or not ?

8/10 from me !!!
our youth is NON-STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club members looking like Plasmagica was there from episode 1.

In any case, I'm hoping we don't get a second season. Bringing Cyan back would be poor writing, and not having her appear wouldn't make sense as she's the franchise mascot. There's no good way to do a second season.

I would much rather prefer a game canon anime.
Aug 29, 2015 1:03 PM

May 2015
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:

For a hypothetical continuation, I would want one that focuses on bands that didn't appear or didn't get much screentime. So many of my favorites made no appearances...

Agreed. I need more Trichronika. .o.

Nice enough ending, though the final battle felt so magical girl-like, which I guess is okay. Poor Crow though, finally finding out about "Mr. Berry".
Kilikclia said:

Overall, this show was pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing more.

ShinganCrimsonz and Trichron were great, the guys from Shingancrimsonz were the best part of the anime. I didn't care much for the girls either.
Sep 18, 2015 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
The finish is pretty obvious but not too boring in truth, a little too fast the narrative, but in the end it was nice to follow this anime, especially very beautiful were its opening and the ending. Cute characters, but all a bit too shallow the rest. Had potential, it could better manage all that was available.

6/10.
Sep 18, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
terrablu2003 said:
The finish is pretty obvious but not too boring in truth, a little too fast the narrative, but in the end it was nice to follow this anime, especially very beautiful were its opening and the ending. Cute characters, but all a bit too shallow the rest. Had potential, it could better manage all that was available.

6/10.

Agreed. The game is able to focus equally on all 89 (as of now, soon it'll be 93!) characters, due to the way Tour mode and the weeklong events are, but unfortunately the anime was unable to do that, even though it cut the bands down from 20 (at the time, there are 21 now and we'll have another in a couple days) to 5. It needed to be longer in order to portray all the characters correctly and give them enough screentime.

Ideally it should have been double the length.
Oct 2, 2015 4:02 AM

Oct 2014
Tbh, ShinganCrimsonz made this show for me. They were so freaking funny xD

Oh well, overall it was a quite nice watch. 6/10 from me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 10:10 PM

Jul 2009
Aw this was great! Gotta love shachou at the end, looking hot ma man.

I wish my niece could read fluently (and appreciate Japanese) then I would totally have her watch this.

I'm surprised I liked the CGI, but its likey just because their animal forms are adorable and thus worthy.

Kilikclia said:

Totally. The girls weren't terrible but I only really liked Moa. The guys made the show for me. Wish they had even more screentime (though I'm surprised they even got as much as they did. Something the show did right)

Rom and Aion were the best. And of course "yueni"-kun.
InugirlzOct 29, 2015 10:16 PM
Aug 12, 2016 1:00 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I loved the series. The final battle against Dagga was great. Cyan becomes the new Madokami and beats that monster.

Unfortunately she had to return to her world ...
CyanwasserstoffMar 25, 2021 12:25 PM
Oct 12, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished S1 to go ahead and watch S2!!!
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 7, 2017 2:12 AM
Jan 2017
I adore this anime. I love it SO much! I loved it when Simon came back as an angel it was so pretty!!! It was very rushed though, I agree. Still, Cyan played a major role in saving Midi City so I'm still really happy about that!
Jan 17, 2017 3:45 AM

Dec 2016
Angelica was super cool in this episode.

The reaction Crow had around the 16 minute mark was so funny.

I enjoyed this and I am looking forward to watching the 2nd season.
Aug 26, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2010
Astreal: "I wonder, when did you stop loving music?"
Victorious: "Weren't you the one who left me to die, singing partner?"
Astreal: "And I was the one that apparently died from that Cliff of Doom after you jump-scared me. Call it even?"
Victorious: "...Fair enough."

------------

Anyways, the beginning of this anime kind of confused me. I thought it was Earth in the future being taken over by some sound-devouring alien force, to which some amount of characters had to go back to the past to warn past Earth about the impending doom coming. Then stuff happened resulting in that plot being set aside for comedic and quirky daily happenings before the plot kicked back in again. Then suddenly there were instances of sharp drama that, while I didn't dislike, felt quite out of place for the type of anime Show By Rock had been for a good majority of its running. That aside, I must say, the concert scenes were certainly special in how they threw out all semblance of combining 2D and 3D aesthetics in favor of going pure 3D.

Oh, and also, Chuchu kept reminding me of Kurousagi so much that I kept expecting lots of bullying to come out of nowhere.
Dec 10, 2019 2:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really heartwarming ending ! What a cute journey for these girls
Jun 11, 2020 3:48 AM
Dec 2019
I felt so sad when I heard Cyan singing and I thought it was just first season but when I saw show by rock, it said show by rock# and it was second season. Omg I love show by rock
Azusa Nakano
Mar 30, 2021 2:53 AM

Jun 2016
Dagger's reign of terror is over. What a performance from everyone involved. I'm glad that the show ended on a high note, with the opening theme, and a collection of images from throughout the series. It was a nice touch.

Despite not having the best art or animation, I really enjoyed this show. Special shout out to Shingancrimsonz, the MVP's of this series, in terms of comic relief. I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd season.

Highlight: Crow's reaction to the Grateful King, entrance and Mr. Berry reveal. Also, the ending credits with a collection of images as well

Jul 1, 2021 12:52 AM
Jun 2021
Hm well it was good pretty underated, well im not used to watch this kinda cartonny style overall this anime were good kind of more of kids tv series show to me
The logic are not to weird like some other good style anime but shitty logic Well this anime kinda different i like it probably i will recomended this to my younger relative
And yet this show are just like the old chunibyou style lol which is pretty old to me love it, i wouldn't really recomended this if you're a teen or an adult since this kind of thing are pretty child show more well i mean if you guys want to just watch its good and pretty nice to put as an inspiration material to those writter or story maker out there who's looking for an inspiration for an band group i would recomend this
Dec 1, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
Very emotional and heartwarming ending. :3

Overall, this was a very unique, cute, and entertaining show. Excellent first season. The animation and CGI were great and the characters were all likable, especially Cyan. She is so adorable. ^_^

SerafosNov 21, 2023 12:35 PM
Aug 19, 2022 3:47 AM

Dec 2020
Very cute show. Story wise pretty basic. The animal forms were very adorable though you can tell they are sanrio characters that way. I enjoyed like 80% of all the songs and that was prob the thing I enjoyed most.
Feb 14, 2023 6:56 PM

Aug 2020
Aww Cyan looked so precious at the end! I really hope things go well for her CX

Mar 17, 1:07 PM

Oct 2014
Even though I really dislike Cyan as a character, I enjoyed this anime. I didn't like the last episode that much tho, everything felt too rushed and the sudden power up from Cyan was kinda stupid x'D Also the boys from Shingan Crimsonz carried the whole show for me, I loved their antics. The main girls were not that interesting to me~
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

205 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

45 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

51 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

49 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.