Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2015 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
Personally i dont simply because i usually binge watch instead of doing weekly. I also have this weird compulsion to finish what i started(at least eventually). Then again i have a good eye and can tell if ill enjoy an anime or not with research(naturally i fcked up quite a bit with some of them).

But im curious, how much is enough for you to consider an anime is not worth your time an ultimately leads you to drop it? Ive see folks drop an anime of the 1st ep for starters.
IciBurnJun 20, 2015 3:11 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
Because ... i can.
Jun 20, 2015 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Why should I do that?
Jun 20, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2013
Because it's baka hentai
Jun 20, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
I don't, simple as that.

I see.

Praland said:
Because ... i can.

Quite informative.

_Charl said:
Why should I do that?

Thats what im asking.

WingsOfValor said:
Because it's baka hentai

Really now?
Jun 20, 2015 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
Only filthy casuals drop shows.
Jun 20, 2015 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
Because i don't feel like wasting my time watching something i don't enjoy.
Jun 20, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Really what are you expecting as an answer? The answer is simple, you dont feel like continuing watching. In the end thats all there is to it. It could be a show you even enjoyed heck, but you suddenly just didnt feel like it anymore. Or it could be because the show is awful.

Hell I've dropped shows in the first 30 seconds. Because I just didnt feel like it. Thought I'd want to watch something and then when I started I realised, nope I do not, atleast not that.
Jun 20, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2014
Because I have better things to do than watching 10-20+ remaining episodes of something I know I will not enjoy... I'm very picky with what I watch, after all.

Apr 2013
Because I don't have enough time on my hand to continue something that has no way nor hope of becoming better. If it still has hope, then asking someone who finished it, or if it's a series currently airing, putting it on hold and waiting for the series to finish to ask other is the way to go. Once you confirmed that the problems annoying you won't get better afterwards, using your time doing something that you dislike is kind of stupid ImO.

Now for peoples who drop from the first episode without searching to know more about it, this is just stupid ImO. Sometimes I wonder if it's not just to increase their anime count without having to watch the show or something. I mean, if you dislike it right away and won't give it a chance, reading the synopsis or watching the trailer should have been enough to tell you to not watch that~
Feb 2011
because even for my masochistic self, it sometimes is just too much
Jun 20, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
baki502 said:
Really what are you expecting as an answer? The answer is simple, you dont feel like continuing watching. In the end thats all there is to it. It could be a show you even enjoyed heck, but you suddenly just didnt feel like it anymore. Or it could be because the show is awful.

Hell I've dropped shows in the first 30 seconds. Because I just didnt feel like it. Thought I'd want to watch something and then when I started I realised, nope I do not, atleast not that.

The rest of your post.

Hulohot said:

Makes sense.

dfsafsaf said:
because even for my masochistic self, it sometimes is just too much

You gotta dig deeper man.
Jun 20, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2011
IcyBurn said:
Praland said:
Because ... i can.

Quite informative.

Thanks, same.
Jun 20, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like a person should never drop an anime, unless its fairy tale.
Jun 20, 2015 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
Praland said:
IcyBurn said:

Quite informative.

Thanks, same.

Np

Zefyris said:
Because I don't have enough time on my hand to continue something that has no way nor hope of becoming better. If it still has hope, then asking someone who finished it, or if it's a series currently airing, putting it on hold and waiting for the series to finish to ask other is the way to go. Once you confirmed that the problems annoying you won't get better afterwards, using your time doing something that you dislike is kind of stupid ImO.

Now for peoples who drop from the first episode without searching to know more about it, this is just stupid ImO. Sometimes I wonder if it's not just to increase their anime count without having to watch the show or something. I mean, if you dislike it right away and won't give it a chance, reading the synopsis or watching the trailer should have been enough to tell you to not watch that~
Cool read.

Lencurryboy said:
because i dont want to finish the anime. i do finish most anime that i dont want to finish but sometimes is it just too much...
Okay

HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
Hmmm
Jun 20, 2015 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
IcyBurn said:

cuz i want to finish what i started
Jun 20, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
well, i've been looking for an excuse to post my categorization of dropped shows so here it goes:
-shows i've been watching together with someone, and we've lost interest somewhere along the way
-various seasonals that just didn't have enough to bring me back every week (or couple of weeks)
-that queen emeraldas ova i could swear was a standalone, not part of a huge franchise

+some anime back from my early days when i wasn't so knowledgeable
now i generally know what to avoid, and what to expect from every show, so i end up with shows i know i want to watch, which i don't drop
Jun 20, 2015 3:19 PM
May 2014
uninteresting plot (nothing happen)
uninteresting characters
so much fanservice
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jun 20, 2015 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
_Charl said:
IcyBurn said:

Same, but its pretty silly if you ask me.

tragedylover said:
uninteresting plot (nothing happen)
uninteresting characters
so much fanservice
Uh huh.
romagia said:
well, i've been looking for an excuse to post my categorization of dropped shows so here it goes:
-shows i've been watching together with someone, and we've lost interest somewhere along the way
-various seasonals that just didn't have enough to bring me back every week (or couple of weeks)
-that queen emeraldas ova i could swear was a standalone, not part of a huge franchise

+some anime back from my early days when i wasn't so knowledgeable
now i generally know what to avoid, and what to expect from every show, so i end up with shows i know i want to watch, which i don't drop
Nice read
Jun 20, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2014
_Charl said:
IcyBurn said:

Hitler did the same, it did not end well.
Jun 20, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
Hulohot said:

this. ya know common sense stuff.
Jun 20, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2013
Since many of us will give a yes or no answer, I'd like to address the possible concern that may be a reason why many don't drop anime.

"Well, I've already spent so much time on it, so I might as well finish it."

This is called the Sunk Cost Fallacy. In economics, you can call a sunk cost as something that you've already incurred; as a result, it shouldn't factor into your decision making.

So, if you've eaten a huge-ass burrito and you don't want to eat anymore, but you decide "Well, I spent the money and ate half, and I might as well finish it," you are committing the sunk cost fallacy. You've already put yourself through the pain of the costs of eating, time, and money, so that's not a reason to incur further costs.

As you can see, with anime, it holds because if you say "Well, I've watched so much of it, might as well finish it," you are committing the fallacy, as the time you spent watching the anime cannot be recovered, so that shouldn't factor in your decision making to continue.

Of course, this is something everyone does, myself included. Just food for thought.
Jun 20, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
Uh, because I think the show's shit. Why would I waste my time watching something that's boring?
Jun 20, 2015 3:29 PM
Jun 2015
hmmm well i do it,because i have a very busy study life and some animes make me really addicted.
Jun 20, 2015 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Hulohot said:

this. ya know common sense stuff.

M00ner said:
Uh, because I think the show's shit. Why would I waste my time watching something that's boring?
SNaG21 said:
Since many of us will give a yes or no answer, I'd like to address the possible concern that may be a reason why many don't drop anime.

This is called the Sunk Cost Fallacy. In economics, you can call a sunk cost as something that you've already incurred; as a result, it shouldn't factor into your decision making.

So, if you've eaten a huge-ass burrito and you don't want to eat anymore, but you decide "Well, I spent the money and ate half, and I might as well finish it," you are committing the sunk cost fallacy. You've already put yourself through the pain of the costs of eating, time, and money, so that's not a reason to incur further costs.

As you can see, with anime, it holds because if you say "Well, I've watched so much of it, might as well finish it," you are committing the fallacy, as the time you spent watching the anime cannot be recovered, so that shouldn't factor in your decision making to continue.

Of course, this is something everyone does, myself included. Just food for thought.
I see.
Jun 20, 2015 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Hulohot said:
_Charl said:

Hitler did the same, it did not end well.

screw with him, im not a neo-nazi :<
Jun 20, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2015
I don't drop anime.. at least not anymore. But if I get bored of an anime, I'll just put it on my On Hold list and go back to it when I feel like it.

But I do believe most anime can get better after a while and some *cough* Green Green *cough* don't.

Like right now, I was ready to put School Days on my hold list because it was just terrible but I continued watching. I mean, it's still pretty lame, but it's keeping me interested.

But when I did drop anime, I only dropped it if it sucked.
Jun 20, 2015 3:36 PM

Jun 2012
I don't like to drop stuff, so I try to complete things. But there are times where I just don't want to continue.

So far i've only dropped 2 animes.
Betterman - It was too slow paced for me. (i watched 4 episodes)
Brothers Conflict - The main character was pissing me off. I was so annoyed with her that I didn't want to watch anymore. (I watched 7 episodes)
Jun 20, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2015
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:

Hey now!

LOL nah I'm just kidding. :)
Jun 20, 2015 3:46 PM
Dec 2013
Either because the anime is boring, too convoluted, not interesting enough to continue with it, unfunny if it's a comedy, extremely niche premise, repetitive, too disgusting, or too ugly to look at. I also drop some anime when I finished all the canon episodes and don't want to bother watching the filler episodes, but that's only if there's too much of it.
wildhoodJun 20, 2015 5:55 PM
Jun 20, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2014
Most of the show's I have dropped just weren't interesting for me and gave no enjoyment whatsoever. They weren't even the worst anime I have watched either, I have a tendency to complete the shit, maybe because I can hate on them better
Jun 20, 2015 3:50 PM

Sep 2009
Because it's not as nearly good as Code Geass.
Jun 20, 2015 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
I dont.

This topic has been made so often though, feels like every 2/3 days at least.
Jun 20, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2013
i drop shows when i either have absolutely no interest in continuing it, or there were some blatant red flags that'll hinder enjoyment down the line.
Jun 20, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
Jun 20, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2015
I probably won't drop a short series of 12 episodes. I'll drop anything longer if it I can't see any way for it to improve, and I have a review written for it in my head.

It will happen with shows longer than 26 episodes mostly. If 20 episodes in I already see it all and see nothing worth spending time over, we're done.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 20, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
I am the who often drop anime. The reason is simply just because I don't enjoy them.
Jun 20, 2015 4:36 PM

Jun 2015
IcyBurn said:
Then again i have a good eye and can tell if ill enjoy an anime or not with research.

EXACTLY THE SAME
==================================================================
Now for the actual answer

~ I watch animax so {unlike you} if my wrk timings change or they dont have that weekend reruns and I'm not like in love with the show to download it, I drop it. EG That one with Yukinoshita Yukino.

~ shows whose newer seasons dont play on animax EG marimite

~ series goes on for too long, has no end in sight EG DBZ

~ Shows whose stories take an unsavory turn EG Fairy Tail [7 yr gap and lame jiggly butt shit]
Jun 20, 2015 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
SNaG21 said:

Hows that even an answer?
He asked why ppl DROPPED anime; Not why they DIDN'T [which u answered well but still]
Jun 20, 2015 4:47 PM
Jul 2014
If I heard the ending or future seasons sucked, I'll probably avoid it.

I have a problem with not finishing animes... even if they're good. I don't marathon animes and I tend to take "breaks", where I may never return just because I don't feel like it. The series might not even be bad, I just don't feel like going back to finish it off.

I find it irrational, but eh. I'm more of a light/web novel reader.

edit: To be more specific, when I remember something I started and stopped, I read reviews on it. If it turns out to be bad, I drop it for good. If it's promising, I move it to Plan-to-watch.
MunchMeisterJun 20, 2015 4:54 PM
Jun 20, 2015 4:57 PM
Sep 2014
Because it's bad + not entertaining
Jun 20, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Any of the following reasons:
-I hate the characters and don't care what happens to them
-It's too depressing
-It's boring or feels like a chore to watch instead of being entertaining
-It's annoying
-It's offensive
-It has too much filler or recapping
-The art style physically hurts my eyes to watch (Kaidohmaru, Oreshura)
-If it's a comedy and it's not funny
-It's a fanservice show, and it's too overt or not my fetish
KruszerJun 20, 2015 5:05 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 20, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
Amphetamine said:
Because it's not as nearly good as Code Geass.

yes code geass is the minimum criteria for a show not to be dropped
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 20, 2015 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
A series has to be downright awful for me to drop it. I have a completionist attitude towards things and I pretty much have to finish whatever I start, no matter how bad it is. But if something is just really boring and repetitive to point it frustrates me, then i'll drop it.

As for manga, most of the manga I end up dropping is because it stops being translated with no hope of it ever being picked up again by another group.
Jun 20, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
My dropped anime fall into four basic categories:
It got boring
I just wanted try it out/I didn't feel like watching all of the episodes
I started it because it was airing, but I didn't like it
The synopsis made it sound better than it actually was
Jun 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
I do if I feel I'm getting nothing but frustration out of a series. If I reach the point where it feels like a chore going through every episode, I might as well doing something else, something that I might find more enjoyable. No reason for me to torture myself with something I dislike, I don't have the patience for that anymore.
Jun 20, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
Usually because it gets boring, or it's just too terrible for me to continue.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jun 20, 2015 6:00 PM

Dec 2012
I don't.
Jun 20, 2015 6:02 PM

Apr 2007
I try a lot of new shows at the start of every season, and it's unlikely that I'l like every single one I watch.
Jun 20, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2010
I don't for reasons I've started many times in the dozens of others made about this exact topic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

156 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
2 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

99 by FFandMMfan »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 1 hour ago

7 by 8oomer »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

78 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
18 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

61 by ShuisBased2 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.