Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 29, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
It was cute showing the flashbacks but then the end was just harsh. I can't believe she really did get Leo's eyes for Black. That's sad. But she hopes she can get her real brother back so I kinda get it but Leo was so nice to her.

Then it looked like she died then he shot her, how confusing. Did they mean a ghost was in her body this whole time? I dunno. I got confused when they mentioned the ghost bit. Black wasn't very nice to her in the end.

Poor Leo.

He said sympathy for the devil in the end clip, someone sure likes the Rolling Stones, that's my favourite one too.
Dec 3, 2015 6:53 PM

Sep 2014
"Hey sonic, can you help me out? Find leo." What?! Didn't this back stabbing bitch just betray Leo's ass? The fuck she whining about now. Good riddance now that you're dead.

I got so confused near the end, like what the fuck happen? This is the first time this anime confused me. How is it that those eye things on leo can seal or lock his powers? Is it allowing black to access leo's god eyes? Is that why black's eyes looked like the god eyes except red? So is white actually a ghost, or "not human" like black says? What is "locked on her heart, as a desperate attempt made by their parents"? Huhhh wtf???
Dec 8, 2015 7:32 PM

Dec 2008
Jacksworld said:
I hope everyone understands that the gunshot was a flashback, when Black merged with the king of depravity he shot white in the heart, which is why every time the barrier on her heart weakens she feels the pain, because as soon as the barrier breaks, that bullet will shatter her heart... he didn't kill her in present time technically, but she will be dead if that barrier breaks.

Actually it didn't look like a flashback to me. I'm sure White wasn't wearing a white dress in the flashback scenes for one thing. She was wearing a white dress just after she met the snoic monkey and then "King of Despair" Black found her.

That said I don't think I fully understand everything that happened in that second half. I still feel like there are gaps between Blacks deal with despair and his parents sacrificing themselves that haven't been explained. I know White's heart had a barrier placed on it, but we didn't see the how she got wounded or what they were even doing in New York in the first place.
Mar 16, 2016 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
2 kids crying in unison. Just jolly.
These two siblings are getting on my nerves. Boo-hoo, I want my brother back so I'll just screw you over, random guy who has been nothing but kind to me.

This episode in general was such a yawn. The dramatic villainous monologue, the backstory of these two side characters. I may just fall asleep.
Mar 17, 2016 6:31 PM

May 2012
Great backstory and what an end! Looking forward to see how this will end with the last episode next.
Mar 26, 2016 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
This episode opened up using the Gyumnopedies Dai 1 Ban song from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Is this particularly OST based on something else? Otherwise, it's an...odd choice.
Apr 5, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was boooooring! I get that the backstory is needed but what the hell it's boring af. The pacing of this crap anime has always been so fast, they sometimes even skip some scenes that's why I get confused all the time.. so why did they drag that snore-fest backstory for so long? And the reason why Will stopped using his power's so fucking stupid. "I wanna get strong by myself so I'll let other kids beat the shit out of me and not fight back" what a stupid idiot.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. JUST. HAPPENED? in the second part? White gave Leo to Black who's possessed by some demon or whatever that we know nothing about and then Black brought Leo somewhere, where he tried to do something to him but failed, blood in his mouth, then a split-second after Black is beside White, who had a heart attack (yeah, karma bitch) and another split second after, the two idiots are sitting in a church, where Black shot White. FUCKING WHAT? I don't know if this super fast skipping is the director's style or he's just a stupid loser who know nothing about what's he's doing. Whichever it is, this episode is shit. This anime is shit.
May 30, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
No likes for this episode from me. It felt out of place compared to the previous ones. Hoping for a great ending...
Jun 5, 2016 5:31 AM
Dec 2014
This episode was both heartwarming and dark at the same time.

Now I can see how hard it was to wait for the final episode last year. It's nice to be able to watch the next episode immediately.
Jun 22, 2016 9:21 PM

Dec 2012
Did someone just jizz on the picture in the beginning? How sick.

Could've turned this into Yosuga no Sora, but it didn't. Shame.

Also, needed Chain.
RobJun 22, 2016 10:28 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 4, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2008
Thats backstabbing bitch deserved that gunshot, hope she is dead
Nov 2, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
So they spent almost the entire episode exploring Mary and Will's past. Which did make me a little emotional. Then Black with the red eyes makes magic circles using Leo's special eyes and proceeds to shoot White. What?

I really hope the last episode has more answers that will finally make all of this make sense.
Oct 28, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2017
My goodness, what happened?

The first half of the episode was beautiful. We finally found out the mysterious past of Black/White or Will/Mary. Things began making more and more sense as it was revealed. And the music was perfect as always here.

Seems like Mary had thought she was the black sheep of this family steeped in heritage for a long time. It was heartwarming at times and yet towards its conclusion all that was left was heartbreak.

When we caught up to present day everything got so tense so quickly. Couldn't believe what White did but it was a decision a long time in the making. After seeing what the twins have been through it's difficult to fault them but when Leo was writhing in pain it was hard to watch.

And then of course what was this all for? Will the King of Despair actually keep to his promise and give Will back with all the destruction he has caused? After how the episode concluded it appears that things do not bode well for these unfortunate twins. I'm on the edge of my seat for the finale!
Nov 19, 2017 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Oh damn she actually died. Didn't expect that.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 15, 2018 2:38 PM
Jun 2013
ya know I will never got why people actually trust psychopaths on their words. I mean you do know they will turn on you right? How dumb can you be and only to regret it like a few minutes later. Also all this past stuff is nothing but death flags.
Mar 6, 2018 9:44 PM

Sep 2013
Meh....long and boring episode. Ready for this series to be over.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2019 12:33 AM
May 2013
the first episode that actually had anything of value to contribute to the plot. and its' the 2nd to last one.
Dec 14, 2019 5:57 AM

Sep 2018
The long open parenthesis in this episode on the secondary characters White and Black, was really interesting and pleasant to follow, very deep in interpersonal relationships and reasoning. The episode ending is the icing on the cake.
Feb 27, 2020 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
Excellent emotionally stirring episode!

It was great diving into the origins of White/Mary and Black/Will with more depth. I found it be be really well done and emotionally connecting and resonating seeing how Mary and Will were and how they grew closer before this tragedy in present day choked me up in more then several instances throughout.

But, my goodness Mary is absolutely adorable in this flashback 🤗 not just her younger voice and expressions but when she put herself on trial (which was a great fantasy representation of how she blames herself but her parents in their good nature with big hearts love her unconditionally which makes her feel worse that she cannot make them proud being a Caster) and when she tries to kick and beat up her Dad when he says she is scary like her mother LMAO her little kicks and fist throwing coupled with the sounds she makes are incredibly cute X3

Also, what is her Dad saying their Mom Emma doesn't seem scary she seems beautiful and sweet 🥰 her photo certainly makes her look loving and caring! I mean she was stunning in that wedding dress and cute when poking Mary's cheek and praising her for being cute XD then her cheerful Housewife outfit and her badass leather midriff bearing Caster outfit this lady is the full package 😍 but anyway gotta stay focused!

Mary feeling bad about not having Physic powers hit especially hard when she said she was so proud of her parents whenever they left to save the world and even just envious they were using what made them special to their fullest potential for a greater purpose even if they could potentially lose their lives. To me this was almost self imposed isolation in that Mary did not see her life as all that special and took up photography just as something to do but never really had any attachment to it. Nice connection as to why she liked Leo's pictures.

Yet despite not caring about it Will risked his life to save her camera just because it belonged to his sister and he cared about her and that was reason enough! But, he didn't take into consideration Mary's true feelings in that the one thing she cares about the most is you Will her brother your life is the most important thing to her (no wonder she cried at that film with twins where one was strong and powerful and the other short and weaker)! And we get more insight into why Will did not use his Psychic powers in that he didn't think he had the strength that his sister had and swore not to misuse his powers until he has gained the same fortitude of character his sister has; which he eventually came to possess going forward thanks to the love and support of Mary due to his sacrifice to protect his sister when starring into the abyss of evil.

That hug Mary gave Will after crying at his kind gesture and guilt at her misjudging his character followed by her acknowledging him as her Big Brother choked me up and gave off a bittersweet heart warming/piercing feeling at what Mary will do to Leo to save her brother's life. This insight makes me understand Mary's actions so much more; I do not agree with what she is doing to Leo he certainly does not deserve it in fact Mary and Leo are connected by similar tragedy. But, for three years Mary suffered alone she truly was a ghost; barely seen barely making herself known and she felt like she was dead. Her parents are gone this brother in her life is a slave to an evil entity and finally the one person who shows her warmth and opens her heart is the one she must harm for the slim chance to save her brother she is human.

I thought Leo would have his eyes torn out by that device but it forced his power to be used by Blank as on this Halloween he will reignite a second collapse. Mary broke down at her own betrayal and scrolls through Leo's photos at the theater where they shared a touching moment together as she clutches her heart hoping Sonic finds Leo. Truly tragic since we learned that for her parents to save her they made her heart part of the barrier by giving up their own lives because for their children they would even give up the greatest gift they have life in order to ensure she doesn't have to give up her's. I believe shooting Mary in the heart weakened the barrier instead of fully destroying it so I certainly hope that means she isn't dead! :'3 she did a horrible thing but she doesn't deserve death I know even Leo would not wish that on her!

An emotional ride of an episode wielding a double edged sword first half heart warming for the fostering bonds between family and a heart lynching second half for what those ingrained bonds of love can cause us to carry out. All that coupled with a fantastic song title for the episode from The Rolling Stones I could only love this episode! And agreed there have been times where the ED caused emotional whiplash but that was an emotional wasteland playing after that ending!

Jun 5, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2016
What a tragedy so his plan was after all the second collapse and I guess Marry was
a Ghost ;-;
Jul 23, 2020 1:31 AM

Jul 2015
Mary and Will had a pretty close bond, no wonder she betrayed Leo. I wonder if the king of Despair really shot through the heart there at the end.

Dec 21, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2018
Pretty nice episode. Pacing was whack though and I did not care much about the kyoudai
Apr 20, 2021 7:25 PM
Oct 2019
that was trash

i didn't give two craps about the flashback story. it was awful. i literally skipped most of it

the present day timeline was out of whack, too

this show just lacks. the previous episode ends with what appears to be a great setup for the conclusion of the season. and then this episode just BLOWS

there's no coming back from this. max rating = 6/10. if the next episode is also whack = 5/10
May 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
What a lovely backstory until ''that'' happend..
Seems like Will aka Black was a pussy back in the days, but now..
Sad episode..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 2021 6:48 AM

May 2016
That backstory with Mary and William was actually kind of refreshing since it gave insight about their personalities and motivations. I reckon that the anime would've been a lot better if it struck the perfect balance between letting us know about who the main cast are on a deeper level and all the awesome things they end up doing on a daily basis instead of prioritizing style over substance for the most part.

It was pretty dumb of Mary to go with the initial plan to take Leo's eyes only to walk away without seeing her brother being returned to her. Not to mention her telling Sonic to go save the guy she just screwed over before dying kek

Nov 22, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2019
I always enjoy a nice backstory and this show had one as well. Still, it was pretty weird, how Black somehow made that circle, then teleported to Mary, then teleported both to the church where he shot Mary? It was weird, but sad. I would lie if I said I was surprised since Mary's an original character.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 1, 2022 8:58 PM
Sep 2021
What the hell! I knew it was coming. I knew the white betrayal was coming despite her feelings of regret. But how is it going to end with her dying. Still trying to wrap my head around the last couple minutes. The constant jumping around with Black had me confused but like to believe I shouldn’t read too much into it with this show by now
Aug 24, 2022 5:24 PM

Dec 2018
sequencing at the end was terrible. the timeline is painfully unclear. i can kind of get the gist of it, but in what fricking order?
Mar 17, 2023 10:58 PM

Jun 2021
*me feeling totally depresed with chapter 11*
*sounds the ending*
me: OH ITS TIME TO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAaAAaANCE RUTRUTURTURTURUTRU
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Dec 5, 2023 3:18 AM

Oct 2022
Wait I'm confused, I thought black already saved white. So something like they were about to die and black-whites parents casted a spell to place a barrier on their heart to stop both of them from dying and now the little blue plasma betrayed whte and killed her.
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.