Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 12, 2015 6:22 AM

Aug 2014
So to use the Red Dragon power, someone precious will have to die? That sucks for Ibuki.
Jul 12, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2009
So...that screen with all the characters. Will the yellowish characters become blue when they become friends with MC? More potential sacrifices. This screen also reminds me of Danganronpa.

Thoughts on the anime though...pretty meh for me. MC annoys me. The deaths don't have much impact considering they're dying left and right. So many characters, no real development. And it's only the second episode so why should we care about the death of a supposed close friend? Whatever, I'll try to watch the rest.

But I swear to God if the adventure ends with them defeating whoever and reviving all the sacrifices...
Jul 12, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
"...and then we kill off the characters one by one for shock factor! the plebs will love it!" -Uro
"Don't forget to use the dying characters as medium for info dumps! Intellectual deep deaths are the best after all." -Nasu
Jul 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Nov 2014
Just ... what is wrong with this show ?

2 episode and second death of his friend. Am i going to see every episode that he is killing his friends in exchange for power(not even close to equal. Really so less power and for one use was given in exchange for soul of the beloved ?) ? Maybe am too overreact, and this was only in first 2 episodes. Then what the hell with the last picture with a strikeout friends.

I'm really confused and mad. Don't know what expect next, and to be honest i am even scare of it
Jul 12, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 2010
Insertanamehere said:
Aurioch said:
Can somebody make a list of changes from the source? I'm interested in all those changes...

-A lot of these two episodes were AO
-Lou's genderswap
-Ibuki killing his friends for powah
-The random kid who died this ep (well some random kid might have died, don't remember, but Ibuki didn't kill him)
-general machine spider boobs is ao
-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original) where the inevitability of it destroying what he uses was an important part of his character in the novel
+swallows hands should be black from curse, though this is a minor change
+the consumption effect looks too...tame relative to the one in the original
-Mashiro dying at all where she plays a larger role and actually has character in the novel
-nasu wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha because character blablabla but they ignored that anyway
-There's no ongoing invasion/oppression thing in the novel

and a few other things I can't be bothered to list and are less important anyway

Wow, that's a... lot of changes. However, it's still no reason to write it off, I'll continue to watch to see how it plays out (and if those changes will have some meaning).
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 12, 2015 5:51 PM
Mar 2014
Most of those changes have a huge meaning. Idk why CookingPriest was trying to defend Silver Link by claiming they're minor. It's like they went "how much can we fuck this up" to decide on all those changes.

This could've probably been an amazing anime, tbh. The Ibuki edge power is pretty damn random, and Priest comparing it to Swallow's curse does not make much sense to my eyes as the origin of Swallow's curse has little, if anything, to do with the dragon.

But yeah, like you, I'm probably going to keep watching to see how it plays out. It should be funny, if nothing else.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 12, 2015 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
It's weird but I'm really hyped to see where this goes. I don't know...I have this weird soft spot for shounen shows like this, especially where the mc is a little boy...call it a fetish...whatever >_<...I like the story so far. Maybe it's a little rushed, but I wouldn't ever call it shitty. In fact, it's probably one of the series this season that I like the most so far (and Charlotte and Sore ga Seiyuu).
Jul 12, 2015 8:55 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was better than the first episode but it feels like this show is setting up to be really average. Honestly, I wish Gen Urobuchi shows didn't have such nice animation: then I wouldn't be tempted to watch them blindly hoping for a good story.
Jul 13, 2015 12:56 AM
Jul 2015
TheNaturalPerm said:
"...and then we kill off the characters one by one for shock factor! the plebs will love it!" -Uro
"Don't forget to use the dying characters as medium for info dumps! Intellectual deep deaths are the best after all." -Nasu

You don't seem to Know what Nasu and Gen are doing here
The credit for the killing character every episode goes to Aikawa, Shou who is handling the script of the anime and not nasu and gen

LukeLC said:
Well, that was better than the first episode but it feels like this show is setting up to be really average. Honestly, I wish Gen Urobuchi shows didn't have such nice animation: then I wouldn't be tempted to watch them blindly hoping for a good story.

It is not Gen show, He only made one character and please tell me where is the nice animation you are talking about ?
Dab1za9Jul 13, 2015 1:01 AM
Jul 13, 2015 5:18 AM
Jun 2015
Wow, I'm not one to hate much anime but I syill point out mistakes about them and I can say that this is awful so far!
Jul 13, 2015 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Dropped! Seriously this show is awful, each episode a friend will be sacrificed, the fights are boring, the bad guy doesn't attack during 2 minutes because the MC is speaking and she dies.
The dragon is ugly, the clothes too, a lot of thing are ugly in this anime.
Jul 13, 2015 8:23 AM
May 2015
Aurioch said:
Insertanamehere said:

-A lot of these two episodes were AO
-Lou's genderswap
-Ibuki killing his friends for powah
-The random kid who died this ep (well some random kid might have died, don't remember, but Ibuki didn't kill him)
-general machine spider boobs is ao
-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original) where the inevitability of it destroying what he uses was an important part of his character in the novel
+swallows hands should be black from curse, though this is a minor change
+the consumption effect looks too...tame relative to the one in the original
-Mashiro dying at all where she plays a larger role and actually has character in the novel
-nasu wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha because character blablabla but they ignored that anyway
-There's no ongoing invasion/oppression thing in the novel

and a few other things I can't be bothered to list and are less important anyway

Wow, that's a... lot of changes. However, it's still no reason to write it off, I'll continue to watch to see how it plays out (and if those changes will have some meaning).

A lot of changes that might kill the show. This episode had better pacing so it saved from being dropped. I felt nothing for Kai though. Also this isn't Silver Link alone, it was co-produced by some other studio as well so if anything, I'll blame them.

Another potential best girl appeared at the end thankfully.
Jul 13, 2015 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
omfgplzstop said:
Most of those changes have a huge meaning. Idk why CookingPriest was trying to defend Silver Link by claiming they're minor. It's like they went "how much can we fuck this up" to decide on all those changes.

This could've probably been an amazing anime, tbh. The Ibuki edge power is pretty damn random, and Priest comparing it to Swallow's curse does not make much sense to my eyes as the origin of Swallow's curse has little, if anything, to do with the dragon.

But yeah, like you, I'm probably going to keep watching to see how it plays out. It should be funny, if nothing else.

Well, I've only started reading through the play sessions (I'm on Act VII right now) so I don't have the point of comparison. However, could the reason for changes be that they're trying to pan whole novel series into 1-cour anime?

SovereignSky said:
A lot of changes that might kill the show. This episode had better pacing so it saved from being dropped. I felt nothing for Kai though. Also this isn't Silver Link alone, it was co-produced by some other studio as well so if anything, I'll blame them.

Another potential best girl appeared at the end thankfully.

Well, it depends how the rest of the anime ties the changes with the source material. It's risky, yeah, and basically trainwreck waiting to happen, but there's always a chance of it ending up being something good.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 13, 2015 11:29 AM

Jan 2015
i am watching this just for the OP
Jul 14, 2015 7:33 AM

Dec 2014
Sweet ED.

I don't like the fact that this is only 1 cour...
Jul 14, 2015 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
That was pretty good, I enjoyed this episode. The action was great, the new characters seem interesting and I didnt expect he'll have to kill a friend every time he needs to use the power but it might be interesting later on.

The OP is seriously awesome!
Jul 15, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2014
Ibuki the son of the previous king of Nil Kumai. He received the power of the Red Dragon after he had found the Dragon's eyes. He must sacrifice one soul to defeat his enemies. What a poor destiny... It's very sad to have someone who needs to take this pact. Now he's going to leave on a journey to find out the Red Dragon and release this pact.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 15, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Am okay with it till now. Didn't really have high expectations anyways. The OP is awesome though.
Jul 15, 2015 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Opening and ending are jizz.
Nuff said
Jul 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
OP is freaking awesome!!! ED is good too, fits really well but I'm not a huge fan of how they keep switching moods :P
So you have to sacrifice someone every time you want to use the Red Dragon's power?! Dang, that's rough ... not to mention the ending part where they cross you out with an "X" after you die O_O Too bad the general died, she was pretty cool :( Totally thought Kai was a girl too ... oops :S
Looks like all three members of the Red Dragon committee are present now. The new girl is uhm ... interesting? Looks like she carries around a coffin or something O_O Not to mention Eiha ... there was a bit of info about her in the middle but not much else :S Oh well, looks like we have the final member of the group joining next episode! :O
Jul 16, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2012
The OP song is so good

I don't understand why there is so much hate. What is wrong with having someone sacrificed to gain power ?!

Sakaitsu said:

The dragon is ugly, the clothes too, a lot of thing are ugly in this anime.

The women and the traps look beautiful
thepathJul 16, 2015 2:03 AM
Jul 16, 2015 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
I liked this episode better then the first one, mainly because of the one line about how his inaction led to death and it counted as a sacrifice. That was a twist I liked, especially given the MC's reaction to it.

...otherwise I'm not sure what to expect from this show?

lol
Jul 16, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
well episode 2 made me drop the anime...losing the girl in 1st episode was bad enough...but...knowing more will die for the same power...screw that anime lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 16, 2015 9:46 PM

Nov 2010
Aaaaaaaaand Dropped.

got boring in the first 2 min of episode and since first episode was bad too, i didn't bother to continue.
Jul 17, 2015 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
This is like Akame ga Kill x20, in the killing of characters part that is.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 18, 2015 8:43 PM

Oct 2008
Wait, what!? that again!!?!?? seems like every time he needs to save someone, he also needs to sacrifice (kill) someone (closer like a friend). That's really NOT a convenient curse.
I bet the final enemy would be the Red Dragon because of all his loved-ones taken from him he'll go rampage!
3/5.

Jul 19, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2010

WHY THERE IS AMELIA IN CHAOS DRAGON?
Jul 19, 2015 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
Kill a character every episode... otherwise it's pretty generic. I think I'll just stop here.
Jul 21, 2015 1:17 PM

Aug 2014
Was I the only person that didn't find out that Kai was a DUDE until the end of this epsiode? Too many damn traps man!!!
Jul 25, 2015 6:23 PM

Jul 2009
I was thinking the sacrifice was for once only, but I was wrong...it's gonna be 1 sacrifice per episode.
Jul 31, 2015 1:37 AM

Nov 2012
It got better, at least.

This balancing act needs to be put in video games. Swear, if that happens everything would be fine (kinda).

Animation got improved a lot this episode, I like. Overall story is still meh.

Hope meter (601/1000)
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 11, 2015 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
Kerozinn said:
On the verge of dropping it. this episode was just bleh..the fights are way too short and way too onesided. its kinda boring and i really dislike the art style.

Feeling the same for now.
Aug 15, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2009
Best ending 2000-2015
Sep 3, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
The animation/scenes in this episode weren't as noticeably choppy as they were in he previous episode and transitioned more smoothly, but I'm still largely unimpressed by the series as a whole.

The main character in particular isn't doing it for me. He and his prepubescent voice make it hard for me to like him. I can barely stand (pre)adolescent boys/ shotas in anime, but it is what it is I guess.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 26, 2015 6:24 PM
Feb 2011
Pretty much this comes down to a lack of military planning on his part. He chooses to take things head on which is causing him to kill all his friends for power.

Can't say I l ike this show. Dropped
Feb 22, 2016 4:49 PM

Dec 2008
What happens when Ibuki runs out of friends to sacrifice?
Nov 9, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
I actually liked this episode. Sacrifice for every power is needed and reminds me of FMA. I dont hate about the sacrifice part because Im psycho. I want more Chaos here!

I dont think the character design is bad. The outfit were bit off though. I liked the red eye make-up of Eyha.

3.8/5
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
I love how you can tell which characters Kinoko Nasu designed just from their names. I mean, no one else could create a laughably stupid name like Swallow Cratsvalley and expect to be taken seriously (well, except maybe Yoshiyuki Tomino). The hilariously over-the-top edge this series is giving off is great, too - from the excessively evil villains to the whole power system relying on the MC killing off all his friends, it's almost beautiful.

I could go on for ages about everything I find awful about this series so far, such as the incredibly forced exposition dumps; Nil Kamui essentially just being not!Japan culturally with a few European flourishes tacked on to try and make it less boring and uncreative a setting; and the lack of setup for discrimination against Bounded Ones (or explanation about them outside of an Attack on Titan-style text in the episode's middle) that made Eiha's reaction to Ibuki feel hollow, but I'd rather see where this trainwreck goes next.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.