Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Jun 19, 2015 9:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 29
Hi guys, I have just finished watching Horizon II after a long pause from chasing animes. However, this show has caught my attention in regards to its lore.
There are a few things I still do not understand. At the last battle, when Horizon used the second mortal sin armament. She had to release that lvl3 soul thingy or whatever it was called. Yet she would become an avarice?
I have gone through the wikia for some info. Does that mean that all the Mortal Sin Armaments are based off negative emotions? -Correct me if im wrong. Hence, how would Horizon regain her emotions or 'happiness'?

I would love some insight to this. THX!
 
#2
Jun 20, 2015 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5999
This is a very good question, which indeed cannot be answered by watching the anime, as it isn't in the first and second LN arc either.

But further away in the LN, we got a theory from a character about it (I think it was from Asama?). Since it's a theory, bear in mind that it may actually be different from the final truth about it, and on top of this, I read that a while ago, so even that theory is actually pretty bur for me.

This also means that what I'll write next is a minor spoiler for far away in the novel.


Something like that, IIRC.
So recovering the armaments will indeed restore Horizon's positive feelings as well.
According to Asama, P-01s ' operating system is extremely complex, far beyond any other Automaton's OS she saw before, and it reorganizes itself fully when getting linked to a new sin armament. (it can make Horizon sleep for one or two days, like she did in the season 2). And the more Armament are linked, the more ridiculously complex and complete that system becomes.

Hope this helps.
Modified by Zefyris, Jun 20, 2015 5:32 AM
 
#3
Jun 21, 2015 2:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 29
Zefyris said:
This is a very good question, which indeed cannot be answered by watching the anime, as it isn't in the first and second LN arc either.

But further away in the LN, we got a theory from a character about it (I think it was from Asama?). Since it's a theory, bear in mind that it may actually be different from the final truth about it, and on top of this, I read that a while ago, so even that theory is actually pretty bur for me.

This also means that what I'll write next is a minor spoiler for far away in the novel.


Something like that, IIRC.
So recovering the armaments will indeed restore Horizon's positive feelings as well.
According to Asama, P-01s ' operating system is extremely complex, far beyond any other Automaton's OS she saw before, and it reorganizes itself fully when getting linked to a new sin armament. (it can make Horizon sleep for one or two days, like she did in the season 2). And the more Armament are linked, the more ridiculously complex and complete that system becomes.

Hope this helps.


Hi, thanks for replying. Based on what you wrote, I understand that gaining an armament will grant Horizon back both positive and negative emotions that counter each other. However, since I read that she cannot portray emotions- am I right? but she cried in the anime....which is weird.

Then how does getting all of the weapons back be a benefit for her? since she cannot display emotions........but like i said, she cried in the anime which contradicts what is described in the wiki......

Thanks for clearing things up!
 
#4
Jun 21, 2015 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5999
You said it yourself, she can portray emotion, since she cried. She cried in the original source as well. Her emotions will be restored with joining her OS with the armament OS, but it was never said that she cannot display emotions.
I don't think Horizon ever was and will ever be the kind of person to heavily display emotions as some peoples do (she is more of a cool side), but it doesn't change the fact that she will feel them, and that strong emotions are being displayed as proved already.
 
#5
Jun 21, 2015 6:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 29
Zefyris said:
You said it yourself, she can portray emotion, since she cried. She cried in the original source as well. Her emotions will be restored with joining her OS with the armament OS, but it was never said that she cannot display emotions.
I don't think Horizon ever was and will ever be the kind of person to heavily display emotions as some peoples do (she is more of a cool side), but it doesn't change the fact that she will feel them, and that strong emotions are being displayed as proved already.


Ahhhh.....i see now.... Thanks for clearing everything up. However, any chance of a season 3? Wait....this was on another thread....ndvermind then. :-P
 
#6
Aug 22, 2015 11:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 98
DemonKing97 said:
Zefyris said:
You said it yourself, she can portray emotion, since she cried. She cried in the original source as well. Her emotions will be restored with joining her OS with the armament OS, but it was never said that she cannot display emotions.
I don't think Horizon ever was and will ever be the kind of person to heavily display emotions as some peoples do (she is more of a cool side), but it doesn't change the fact that she will feel them, and that strong emotions are being displayed as proved already.


Ahhhh.....i see now.... Thanks for clearing everything up. However, any chance of a season 3? Wait....this was on another thread....ndvermind then. :-P


Based off the seven deadly sins- eight sins in some literature which is why one of the sins has two armaments, the Spanish side owns them. Owned by the Spanish female elve who is kind of the captain during the naval battle, and loves the commander who is the guy who saved her. The other one was the first mortal sin armament obtained for horizon.

I watched it months ago and love the show and wish for them to continue the story, I have read a bit into the light novel but don't want to spoil until there is a good translation. Sucks how light novels only get translated about half way thru and then nothing.

But yea I think she cried only after receiving the "sadness" armament.
 
Top