Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 20, 2017 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
i'm not sure if it's because as i watch more anime the higher my standards become or what but this anime was kinda a let down. i know for a fact if this was one of the first anime i watched i would have probably overlooked all the flaws and LOVED it

but, as fun as some of the episodes were it got annoying at times because of everything was taken so lightly. i understand it's just a comedy shounen so it's not supposed to be super serious but it was just too ridiculous sometimes. there's an octopus that will apparently destroy the entire Earth and yet he will do anything for his students? 3 professional assassins that seemingly didn't mind killing some teenagers and then all of a sudden they're just these 3 goofy guys giving everyone an inspirational speech? come on

god and the whole "bitch-sensei" gag got annoying real quick as well, not even funny at all. maybe to preteens it is though

i know i'm being too harsh on a show that's aimed at a younger audience but it just made me go ??????????? too many times. not because it was shocking or surprising but because it made no sense

overall, 6/10. which is not a bad score, i'm still giving some credit for the entertaining aspects of this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2017 5:40 PM

Jun 2017
as expected,they pulled the "no killing" crap,which is especially stupid when the entire show is ABOUT KILLING >_<.

also,nagisa's "ultimate move"looked stupid,and turning the crazy assassins,including the guy who licks his gun constantly,into good guys was utterly stupid,and i love how they didnt resist arrest at all,and how the police allowed them to keep their guns and 3DSes after they arrested them >_>

this episode was far,far below the standard of the show. 9/10 for the show as a whole, 5/10 for the finale.
Feb 26, 2018 12:12 AM

Sep 2011
Wait that was the last episode?? Didn't even realize. LOL
Mar 31, 2018 1:45 PM
Jan 2016
6/10

alot of boring and cringey episodes.
Apr 8, 2018 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
Just completely struggled to get into the concept almost throughout, i just wished it focused more on Koro-sensei, who he was and how he came to be, but we got breadcrumbs, the whole educational premise, giving the students confidence and teaching them life lessons didn't really hit home, only part of that i liked was when they won against the regular students, there is a lot of potential and secrets underneath but just didn't show enough for me. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 24, 2018 1:15 AM

Nov 2013
Nagisa's eyes during that fight were gorgeous. Seeing him put that piece of shit in his place made me love Nagisa even more than before.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Nagisa's technique after how long they kept it under wraps though.

Smog, Grip, and Gastro don't seem that bad after all; they could've killed the classmates with the virus, but they defied Takaoka's orders. Seeing them play together on their 3DSs was wholesome.

Good ending. 8/10

As a whole, I'd give it an 8.5/10. Had some good comedy, likeable characters, and a riveting final arc. Some of the characters were underdeveloped, notably Itona, and the episodic format of many episodes got a little repetitive, but I still really enjoyed it. I'm excited to see what the second season has in store.

Sep 3, 2018 7:49 PM

Jun 2011
this is nice, real nice in the second half. I like it a lot more when there's a directional focus to the story.. The thing with the new bulky sensei who turned out to be a crazy mofo, the test/competition with class A that they had, and then this story arc on their school trip. The first half was kind of really boring, not bad, but just boring. There's way too much focus on characters that I am sure many of us don't really care.

It is nice that the mangaka is trying to give some attention to all his characters, but just giving them one episode to develop their entire backstory is just not enough to give them any relevancy nor is enough to make me care about that particular episode. The story itself wasn't particularly engaging. As a result, it takes away screentime from characters that are more popular like Karma and Nagisa.

The top review that rated this a 3 is pretty accurate (though the rating is pretty harsh).. the comedy is really weak though, maybe that's because of the language barrier..

Hoping for more arc based story in the second season, and it gives us more of what we really want from the show.
ToG25thBaamSep 3, 2018 7:53 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2018 5:11 PM

May 2017
Man this show was fun to watch.

The last couple of episode were not as good as the rest of the show in my opinion. They were still fun, but the missing presence of koro sensei was definitely noticeable.

I mean he was there yes, but not completely.

The Story we've been given is definitely not something i have ever seen before, its very unique and refreshing. The Story isn't build very serious, its meant to be a fun ride, but the show still managed to give you lessons about life and what not through Koro Sensei's teachings, and thats, atleast in my opinion where the anime was shining the most.

The little talks in between or after lessons that he had with his Students. For example when Karma failed his Final exam. He was too relaxed, thought hes so talented that he would not have to worry about studying or anything else. That's where he was wrong. Talent alone doesn't help you much in life, but if you improve that talent with a lot of hard work, you will achieve great things. Karma had to take a beating to realize that not everything in life can be overcome by sheer talent. The scene where Koro Sensei was making fun of him only to make Karma realize this was so good.

I still had a few minor problems with this show though.. Most of the characters seemed too generic for my taste and that starts with the character designs.. They just scream "hey im a generic looking anime character all over the place"

Most of the students really are generic.

But the good characters like Koro Sensei, Karasuma, the President of the School and Karma carried this. (For the most part only Koro Sensei though)

Most of the students are just boring characters that you will never ever think about after finishing this anime. They aren't annoying or anything but they just lack characterization and depth. I mean i understand, its pretty hard to give everyone in a class of 30+ Students good characteristics and depth. But atleast a few of them could have gotten a little more love. None of the Students really stood out to me except Karma, it already started with his introduction episode. It was a ton of fun to discover this new student who's very high skilled in pretty much everything he does. He only ended up in Class E because of his violence. That already gives us more characterization than 98% of the students have.

There are not much problems left to be honest, the characters were the "biggest" issue for me. Sure the story could have been handled a little better. There weren't really a lot of episodes that i thought were super good. The "brother" episode was pretty good, Karma's introduction was good. I don't remember any other highlights for my taste. Wasn't the biggest fan of the ending.

Soundtrack was pretty good. Hated the openings but i loved the ENDING so so much.. I will come back to it for sure. Hellooo Shooting Star!
Animation was also pretty good. It definitely felt consistent and the action scenes were all really well done.

7/10 excited to see what season 2 has to offer!
Feb 25, 2019 7:41 PM

Aug 2018
All in all a good series. The last arc dragged a little bit, but that's a minor flaw. 9/10
Mar 26, 2019 9:38 AM

May 2016
Kinda disappointing. I knew there was a season 2 but dude I just want to see what happens with the flashback and the reason he doesn't destroy the earth. Yawn getting boring.
Mar 26, 2019 9:31 PM
Mar 2019
As a 16 year old guy, I don’t cry much. Maybe at a few movies and when I would get hurt as a kid, but it is rare. I feel like I either surpress emotions or just don’t really feel them. Throughout this month, I have been watching this show and just now finished. And I want to thank this show for one of the best breakdowns of my life. Honestly, thank you. It is hard to describe this amazingly sad, yet extremely joyous feeling. Sometimes, you just need to cry.
Apr 15, 2019 5:29 AM
Mar 2019
What move did Nagisa use against Akira in the fight? Is there any video showing how to do the move?
Apr 17, 2019 8:47 PM

Jul 2013
Nice ending for the first season. It was interesting to see how these kids developed into little killers to rescue the earth. The beginning was a little bit slow but after a couple episodes it got better and better.

Characters were pretty fun to watch, especially Koro-sensei. And even if there wasn't action all the time I really liked the fight scenes.

Looking forward to watch season 2.

9/10

May 25, 2019 12:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fine finale to sign things off for Season 1! While the final arc did drag on a bit (+some mix of the ‘convenience’ factor lol), the beginning and the mid for the most part were great!

Using Takouki (or however it’s spelled) as the final ‘boss’ here was kind of let down for me but I’m glad to see how things turned out nevertheless! Nagisa thrashed him for the second time and darn that smile, poor old man is sure to have nightmares for life. A big shoutout to the soundtracks used for this episode too, they really excelled throughout the show but this episode more so in my opinion. And then those assassins with the cool lines were interesting but really just anticlimactic but not too much of a biggie. Some more character development for Terasaka this episode and it was pretty good I’ve to say.

Korosensei’s return was handled brilliantly and some more of the usual awesomeness from the series, you just got to love the Octo really. He nearly messed up too, lmao. Bitch-sensei though, on the other hand, with her desperation moves xD. What a bizarre swimsuit to boot, jeez. Looks like Class 3-E is back to school, however, and thus begins term two!

I’d have preferred to know more about Korosensei instead of the ‘okay’ final arc admittedly but guess they’re saving this for later so I’m looking forward to an eventful 2nd Season.

Strong 8/10 to this Season 1, hoping to see better from the 2nd Season!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 30, 2019 4:47 PM
Jun 2013
wow that was tense and nagisa ended up basically beating him the same way again. lol the assassins talk was pretty dam funny. Even they knew this guy was going to far and basically just humored him for the most part. Dam bitch was playing the piano for that long. Nice end for the season and I cant think of anything negative to say and I cant wait for the next season.
Apr 10, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
I'm really liking this anime so far, a very solid first season and great way of the anime ending. THough Nagisa's fight was a bit cheeky at best... I still admired how the other assassins showed their true compassion for not killing unnecessarily. Their encouragement even encourage me for a bit lol. But damn I must watch the second season I hope we get more blonde action.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 25, 2020 4:59 AM

Aug 2019
Love this episode Nagisa was a badass in the episde
May 17, 2020 3:19 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Nice and sweet ending. Koro sensei giving Nagisa a head pat was cute.
May 20, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Art is very nice 10/10 but series try to go for a story that is going nowhere and at times is just plain edgy doesn't feel fitting but forced way to present a situation. Kinda had fun watching and not at the same time mixbag feel.
Jul 30, 2020 4:55 PM
Oct 2019
Mediocre series. Which saddens me since I really liked the concept and enjoyed the first few episodes. And the art style is nice.

But it quickly became boring and stayed that way. 6/10 overall. Not awful, just not "good".

The ending was super lame. Happy ending for everybody. That bad guys are good guys. Blah blah.
Sep 23, 2020 5:56 AM

May 2018
Good final episode. The battle with Takaoka ended too quickly though xD I wish Takaoka suffered more
Oct 16, 2020 4:58 AM

Jun 2020
That ending was wonderful the ending theme song fit perfectly at the end.

The fight that Nagisa had was amazing he was able to outsmart that ugly bastard, and looks like that the students are safe.

Aww..they were finally able to enjoy themselves and it's very enjoyable to watch when they are having fun.

I'm can't wait to watch the season 2 of this, so overall this anime has been very entertaining so it's an 8/10 for me.
Oct 18, 2020 1:21 AM
Jan 2019
I enjoyed it. My only concern However, I felt it was kinda messed up and very out of character when koro sensei turned pink (got turned on) over "his students" in bathing suits.
Oct 25, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2020
Thought Nagisa will be on rage mode. Glad his friend stop him. But that techniques I can't imagine. Pretty well ending and great show 8/10
Oct 25, 2020 3:36 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
That was a good ep but he finale was less spectacular then I hoped for

Nov 17, 2020 7:43 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting concept, but it didn't click with me. Still a good anime overall and for being unique I'll give it a 7/10.

Anyway, Toka Yada is the best girl in the series. Waifu tier. 10/10
MizuhoKamuiNov 17, 2020 7:47 PM
Nov 29, 2020 10:11 AM

Mar 2019
We (well more like I cause this has been released 5 years ago) got to see Nagisa's character development? Even tho he has been good since the beginning. Now every student from class E had their moments more or less so I assume season 2 is going to be heavily focused on Koro-sensei's past and their assassination which I dont know how that's going to happen. Loved every single character and also the assassins were nice (at the end). Tbh I dont even have a complain about this, tho I cant give it a 10. I'll probably do that with the 2nd season if it makes me cry (I know, sounds dumb). Man I dont want to finish this. Nevertheless, 9/10 for now. Might drop to 8/10 in the future but never lower than 8. NOW ONTO THE 2nd SEASON (after I watch the OVAs and other things like that, hope it doesnt have a movie).
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 14, 2020 11:07 PM

Dec 2020
really good ending to this season. was expecting more, but i know more stuff might happen later on!
Jan 1, 2021 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
Really nice character development nice!
Jun 30, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2021
Fight scene was pretty meh. Expected a bloodbath tbh. But the 2nd half was truly wholesome! Loved the ending scenes too.

Ojakima roasted for having smol pp.

Anyway a fitting end for this season. 7/0 imo.

Aug 11, 2021 7:54 PM

Jul 2021
It was a overall good first season
Jan 13, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2021
As expected, Nagisa won the fight against Takaoka and proved that he is very strong.
I hope that this time Takaoka's defeat was definitive and that he doesn't appear again in the next season.
I enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to seeing the second.
asdasdsadad
Feb 17, 2022 7:38 AM
Feb 2022
It was weird at the first but later in the show ay kind of started to love the sensei
Apr 30, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2016
The last arc was the worst by far; it dropped my score from 7 to 6/10.
All of the resolutions were extremely 'childish', naive and frankly unsatisfying. They really should have chosen a more moderate outcome/tone for the fights (especially) in the final arc: no killing but wounding shots/cuts and broken bones, etc.
There weren't any stakes...their exams felt more important.

I know the show is meant to be a simplistic/childish comedy -not too fond of that but I get it; what really puzzles me are many of the fans/commenters.
It's like they didn't understand what this show was at all; so many were legit talking about how "serious" or 'dark' or "badass" things or people are, discussing Nagisa killing etc. like it's some big suspense or quandary.
They are cosplaying! even Karasuma has probably never killed anyone or been in combat (JSDF mostly does small peacekeeping missions and none of their soldiers have even been wounded).
The most blood loss (iirc) in the show...is from a nosebleed, they're all assassins, soldiers and killers -who don't kill; it's a very simplistic/childish comedy (IMO to its detriment), really wish people would reality check their expectations that complex (non-simplistic/childish comedy) outcomes were even possible.
It's weird how overrated and overhyped this show was.
May 11, 2022 5:29 AM
Nov 2016
Meh, I give this episode a 1 out of 5. It's a nice anime but the last few episodes are garbage. It's just too stupid to see the 'bad guy" acting like well... the "bad guy" with all his evil intentions and shit just to have us hate him, I want to see an interesting bad guy, not this "over-the-top" bad guy, it's just too silly and childish for me. Seeing the other adult assassins turning "good guys' in the end was also pretty shitty, this anime really got to shit in the last few episodes IMHO.

I will still watch season 2 though. I would have easily given this anime an 8/10 if it didn't turn to shit in the last few episodes.

My final rating for season 1 = 6.5/10
Aug 9, 2022 9:24 PM
Apr 2019
It was fun and highly entertaining
Sep 6, 2022 3:34 AM
Sep 2022
One of the best animes i have ever watched, koro-sensei twist was awesome,look to seeing further content
Oct 4, 2022 1:47 PM

Jun 2021
glad to see that those 3 other assassins turned out to be decent guys too

Unexpected and very enjoyable. Still, it's easy to think with fear that takaoka monster could return considering he wasn't killed...hopefully, he won't. Very good first season as predictable overall.
Oct 14, 2022 6:28 PM

Aug 2019
I would’ve to see Nagisa murdering him :(

Well that’s the end of the first season
Oct 19, 2022 7:42 AM
Sep 2022
plot line was interesting
Oct 30, 2022 4:49 PM

Nov 2020
Great way to finish off the 1st season! Ms. Bitch is really in love with Mr. Karasuma! ...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Nov 8, 2022 1:59 AM
Dec 2018
No thanks, I'm good but I like the spirit
Dec 23, 2022 2:05 AM
Dec 2022
made me really sad and stuff, idk
Dec 23, 2022 8:54 AM
Nov 2015
good stuff

loved the ending made me a little sad to see how it ended though
Dec 27, 2022 8:36 PM
May 2020
I expected it, but it was nice though
Jan 4, 2023 9:54 AM
Nov 2022
amazing ending, perfectly written and made my eyes literally bawl out when koro-sensei died, beautiful
Feb 3, 2023 12:35 PM
Feb 2023
iijkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Apr 18, 2023 7:49 AM
Apr 2023
First anime i Watched
May 23, 2023 7:37 PM
May 2023
It was really good, had a nice story and plot
May 29, 2023 11:12 AM

Mar 2023
I don't know if I would have had the same restraint as Nagisa.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

150 by tiaamyom »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

408 by bubba460z »»
Apr 21, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

178 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 18, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

127 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 15, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

148 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 10, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.