Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2015 5:11 PM

Jan 2015
i typically stay away from shoujo/josei but i hear akatsuki isnt really gender specific is it worth watching/reading
Jun 18, 2015 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, in a nutshell, it's an action/romance/comedy anime with a bit of shoujo flavor. (tbh, I use the word action lightly. It has action/fights but it's not the show focus. The show focuses more on the relationships)

I'm pretty sure that the author's original intention was to target the female audience (because like I said, it definitely has a bit of shoujo flavor), but the show is surprisingly enjoyable (at least for me) and not gender specific.

I think you should give it a try, at least the first two episodes.
Jun 18, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2013
Yes, i guantee you.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 18, 2015 6:20 PM

May 2015
If I were to describe it...It would be like a traditional JRPG where a young girl travels around the land, searching for great powers to assist her on her quest. Like JRPGS, it's a slow burner, but once it gets going, it gets pretty interesting on how things turn out. The only thing gender specific about this anime IMO is that the fanservice is catered toward the female audience, but that's no big deal, as I found several of those scenes hilarious.

It does well with the character backgrounds, and the MC's character development is very well done. It's slow at the start, but I endured it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it in the end. So if you're looking for an adventure anime where a weak female MC develops into a strong one, Akatsuki no Yona will be a great choice for you.
Jun 18, 2015 10:49 PM

Sep 2013
if your into the samurai historical erra setting id give it a try i enjoyed it for the most part but its not a perfect anime tho
Jun 18, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Yes! One of the best shoujo anime.

If you like:
- Good character development
- Adventure/fantasy feeling
- A strong female lead
Jun 19, 2015 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
Yes! One of the best shoujo anime.

If you like:
- Good character development
- Adventure/fantasy feeling
- A strong female lead

Summarizes it quite well.

Yona isn't strong in the beginning, but decides to actually do something about it and trains so that she doesn't have to rely on others for help.

More topics from this board

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
3 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

66 by SakuraCosmos »»
11 minutes ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 3 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
52 minutes ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 5 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
52 minutes ago

» Era Samurai

Woraken - May 12, 2017

3 by RackOrRuin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.