Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 14, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Just as I remember from the manga, the feels are piling up.

Though they hit me more when I was reading rather than watching.

Leona looks great. Good job anime artists.

Rika and her pants, lol xd
Jun 14, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2014
LovelyEdge said:
doesn't seem like the rushing's gonna stop. and it seemed like it first became most blatant when MC realizes his feelings for the main girl. what a starting point.

seems like these were not explained:
why don't they just leave the school if they're gonna lose their memories?
why didn't yamada fight back against the 7th witch?
why do other people even matter when only yamada knew who the 7th witch was AND STILL knows?

also seems like they just kinda crushed tsubaki's dreams. he becomes part of the main cast in hopes to get closer to shiraishi but then 1 hour later they have MC deny that (it was obvious he would eventually, but so fast??)

I guess the reason he didn't fight were that his memories should have been erased while the other ones of the Supernatural Club remembered him. But it were quite opposite and he didn't expect/knew it.
Jun 14, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Liked this episode way more than last ones, felt pretty important and very engaging.
Jun 14, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
Why does this adaptation do this to me? The animation is great, music is awesome, and the voice cast is fucking great on every single level. We got frigging Miyuki Sawashiro now! But this is such a goddamn rushed adaptation. One cour is making everything awful. Why couldn't we have two cour? This would be 10 times better.
Jun 14, 2015 12:18 PM
Jan 2015
Again, this series is going so fast and cutting so much out, I can't help but feel saddened by it. I guess I'm coming to accept it, but it doesn't change the fact that they're just rushing through the plot points and cutting out most of the character in the process.

The swap with Leona and the stripping scene didn't hold as much weight to me as in the manga. Maybe because that happened during her SECOND appearance, where we already knew who she was and going back to her felt more like a desperation move. I guess I'm just happy she showed up at all, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

I'm also not sure how I feel about how they handled the memory loss. In the manga,
I dunno. I think it all comes down to how rushed this is.

Despite the pace, though, I did like the scenes with Tamaki involved. You could really feel his desperation as Yamada continued to turn him down. I did like the monologue they cut that he gave the first time he asked Yamada, plus they kinda toned his personality down a bit overall in this adaptation, but I still feel they handled him fine for what they did.

Overall, I just think I've accepted that this series will never be as good as the manga at this point with this pacing, so I might as well just accept what I've got. Doesn't mean I don't have problems with it, but I can't bring myself to be upset at what this episode does. It's okay on it's own.
CTOONfan1Jun 14, 2015 12:21 PM
Jun 14, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, the misunderstandings... Shiraishi loving Yamada, but can't remember because she lost all memories of him, and Yamada thinking that Shiraishi love someone else because no one remember him. Yeah, I can understand why they are so confused.

The seventh witch being a pervert was hilarious. It's always the innocent looking one... Never trust innocent looking girls.

I don't know how they can get back their memories. Maybe if he kiss the witches, which seem to have bribes of memories that happened with him, would see the contradictions within their memories?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 14, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
Kinda surprised how the Yamazaki made the spell work other way around, but this made it much more interesting. Best episode/arc so far.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jun 14, 2015 12:59 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Leona is hot, and her VA is Sawashiro Miyuki? Would've loved seeing more of her, but too bad this show is almost ending..

Rika is one lewd witch.. Did she purposely not wear any pantsu? It seemed that way.. Pretty funny how she caught Tamaki eavesdropping.

That moment when Yamada got rejected by Shiraishi and was told that she likes someone else. Poor guy..

Nene getting flustered at Yamada going for the kiss without hesitation was cute! That jealous face when Yamada chased Shiraishi right after kissing her. :3

Decent episode. Hopefully everyone will soon get their memories back about Yamada.

Jun 14, 2015 1:03 PM

Dec 2013
So much rushing but it didn't feel too bad. Although they left alot of explanations out with Leona's introduction eg. Why didn't Miyamura tell them about her earlier?

Also they handled Yamada after losing his memories pretty poorly.

Still an enjoyably episode.
Jun 14, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2012
i havent really read much of the manga but this feels really rushed... especially these last few episodes, but still a good episode over all id say
Jun 14, 2015 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Leona is so hot!

Rika erased everyone's memories of Yamato.
Jun 14, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Very good episode, the seventh witch was revealed and Yamada begins his quest to recover the memory of his companions, but the situation seems if complicate ever more, I'm looking forward to the final episodes of this anime, that even with a very fast development, is going very well ..
Jun 14, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2009
DesuTronic said:
And then ofcourse the forced misunderstanding...

What the fuck is this retarded terminology?
Jun 14, 2015 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
The rush continues, holy crap...They even left out the crucial scene of Tamaki's character development, sad :( I hope this rush at least makes some people interested in reading the manga. The adaptation is nowhere near bad, but could be so much better if they made it 2-cour, 90 chapters in 12 episodes is beyond any rush I've ever seen lol...Well, it wasn't a bad episode overall, at least I'm looking forward to how they'll adapt the next one
Jun 14, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
feeeeeeeeeeeelzzz
Jun 14, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Blargh, accidentally clicked on cancel after writing a fair bit... D:

Anyway, it's a given that the episodes are gonna be rushed. Despite that, this episode was much better done compared to last week. While the change of plot points are still a little jarring, they still flowed better in comparison.

The Shiraishi rejection scene and the erasing of memories by Rika didn't have nearly the same impact as they did in the manga since all these events were crammed into one episode. Either way, I enjoyed this episode a lot more.

And they did go back to cover Leona's little arc, though it obviously was condensed.

Man, the voice cast and music are both sooo good (even Sawashiro Miyuki joins the fray!). If this was a two cour, this could've truly blossomed. Such a shame. D:
Jun 14, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
Reading the manga will clear up any confusion anyone might have

Anyway, great episode as usual

The opening is still my one of my favorite openings of the season along with Grisaia no Rakuen v2 opening and the Kuroko no Basket season 3 final opening

Jun 14, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Uhh I can't wait for next week. I was always wondering who that white haired girl at the opening could be, she is great, I hope we can see more of her before the show ends.
Jun 14, 2015 2:39 PM
Apr 2013
I just can't... this anime is the best. 10/10
In all seriousness-ness I loved the episode.
Jun 14, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
G_Spark233 said:
So much rushing but it didn't feel too bad. Although they left alot of explanations out with Leona's introduction eg. Why didn't Miyamura tell them about her earlier?
Its explained in the manga that Miyamura didn't trust them yet. In the manga they go into further detail, telling how Miyamura transferred into the school purposely to find the seventh witch and that's why he's always been interested in witch powers.
Jun 14, 2015 3:12 PM
Jan 2015
Did someone already read the manga? i need help :s
Jun 14, 2015 3:36 PM

May 2013
Leona is such a cool chick.
Dat plot twist; Saionji erased everyone's memories of Yamada.

Shiraishi's crying. (T_T) Her feelings are still there.
Witches' powers shouldn't work on other witches, but it seems like it did.
Come on, Shiraishi, remember Yamada!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 14, 2015 3:37 PM

May 2015
best part, that last scene when shiraishi's crying ....

lot of Odagiri screen time next episode i guess.
Jun 14, 2015 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
MasterDetective said:
G_Spark233 said:
Its explained in the manga that Miyamura didn't trust them yet. In the manga they go into further detail, telling how Miyamura transferred into the school purposely to find the seventh witch and that's why he's always been interested in witch powers.

I know that. Another reason why I was disappointed that they skipped that development.
Jun 14, 2015 3:57 PM
Jun 2010
wtf is up with the rushing, are they going to redo this anime?
Jun 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Mar 2015
Dang it, man, this anime is keep playing with my emotions. Nevertheless, it was still a good episode.
Jun 14, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2015
Kind of a spoilery RANT:

Ugh... I'm really considering dropping this SO RUSHED anime. Fuck this shit. Leona's introduction was completely RUSHED and different. Miyamura should've said it to Yamada first and confess that he don't trust any of them. Where is the development between characters??? At this point, it's all about finding 7 witches and Shiraishi and NO character development for others. They completely skipped Miyamura trusting in Yamada. Damn.

These characters just popped out of nowhere! Seriously. The student president suddenly say sorry and all, it's so rushed. They completely omitted Yamada wanting to join the club again. The reason Yamada to join the club again was very important too and they skipped it. Yamada in this shitty adaptation only cared about Shiraishi, the Yamada I know would missed all his friends which is why he wanted to join the club again.

They rushed Noa, they rushed all 7 witches, even Nene included. Not even 1 frame of Yandere Asuka scene.They completely forgot about Yamada's imouto, and just popped out of nowhere in this episode. They rushed Leona, they rushed Miyamura, and they rushed everything!!! So much potential wasted. Even Tamaki and Yamada friendship development was omitted!!! They skipped Yamada and Miyamura friendship moment too.

What's next? Rushing through the memory lost arc??? Reduce the amount of screen time of Nene because there is little development between Nene and Yamada in the anime? Because they COMPLETELY forgotten about Noa. She should've some moments with Yamada being an informant for the seventh witch and Tamaki. Now these witches are gonna have less role than a cameo because fuck the studio. Fuck this adaptation. They turn one of my favorite manga into shit.

Jun 14, 2015 5:16 PM

Nov 2013
DarklordVor said:
Kind of a spoilery RANT:

Ugh... I'm really considering dropping this SO RUSHED anime. Fuck this shit. Leona's introduction was completely RUSHED and different. Miyamura should've said it to Yamada first and confess that he don't trust any of them. Where is the development between characters??? At this point, it's all about finding 7 witches and Shiraishi and NO character development for others. They completely skipped Miyamura trusting in Yamada. Damn.

They also skipped the part where Nene actually dere-dere reason for waiting Yamada. These characters just popped out of nowhere! Seriously. The student president suddenly say sorry and all, it's so rushed. They completely omitted Yamada wanting to join the club again. The reason Yamada to join the club again was very important too and they skipped it. Yamada in this shitty adaptation only cared about Shiraishi, the Yamada I know would missed all his friends which is why he wanted to join the club again.

They rushed Noa, they rushed all 7 witches, even Nene included. Not even 1 frame of Yandere Asuka scene.They completely forgot about Yamada's imouto, and just popped out of nowhere in this episode. They rushed Leona, they rushed Miyamura, and they rushed everything!!! So much potential wasted. Even Tamaki and Yamada friendship development was omitted!!! They skipped Yamada and Miyamura friendship moment too.

What's next? Rushing through the memory lost arc??? Reduce the amount of screen time of Nene because there is little development between Nene and Yamada in the anime? Because they COMPLETELY forgotten about Noa. She should've some moments with Yamada being an informant for the seventh witch and Tamaki. Now these witches are gonna have less role than a cameo because fuck the studio. Fuck this adaptation. They turn one of my favorite manga into shit.

It's a shame, because besides the pacing (which resulted in all of these cuts and rushes), Linden seemed to know what they were doing. The animation was great and the voice acting was amazing. But the one cour nature of this anime prevents most of the mangas strengths from coming forth.
Jun 14, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
Really good and emotional episode... poor Shirasashi!
Im not sure how i feel about the new witch though
Jun 14, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2014
The new witch looks cool, too bad she probably won't matter anymore just like the other witches.
Jun 14, 2015 6:14 PM

Jun 2012
Miyamura's sister is hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 14, 2015 6:21 PM

Feb 2009
I'm just glad that even though Shiraishi doesn't remember his name, it's obvious she's in love with Yamada as well. That makes me so happy! But is it wrong that I also felt the jelly vibes from Nene when she kissed him? I think she is already re-developing feelings for Yamada. I just want all of their memories to come back already :(

Jun 14, 2015 6:32 PM
Nov 2012
I loved the episode! I did not read the manga so i don't know about the rushed parts. However for the people complaining about the rushing, consider it this way. You get the anime adaptation (rushed maybe, I could agree since some parts go over too fast) but if they went more then 1 season we always risk the fact of never getting a sequel. Or having to wait 2-3 years for one. I really prefer anime that completes the story since I don't like reading so I won't pick up manga.
I guess there will be OVA's later to add on to the story if it is popular enough.

back on topic: I feel bad for Yamada, he finally managed to cough up the courage to confess and then gets shot down because she's in love with his forgotten self. Nene is gone get annoyed next episode again i guess :D
Jun 14, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
T-Blade said:
I loved the episode! I did not read the manga so i don't know about the rushed parts. However for the people complaining about the rushing, consider it this way. You get the anime adaptation (rushed maybe, I could agree since some parts go over too fast) but if they went more then 1 season we always risk the fact of never getting a sequel. Or having to wait 2-3 years for one. I really prefer anime that completes the story since I don't like reading so I won't pick up manga.
Actually if they made it 2 cours instead of 1 people wouldn't be complaining that it feels rushed and it would've given a fairly nice conclusive ending.
Jun 14, 2015 6:43 PM
Nov 2012
G_Spark233 said:
T-Blade said:
Actually if they made it 2 cours instead of 1 people wouldn't be complaining that it feels rushed and it would've given a fairly nice conclusive ending.

I don't disagree it would have been better as a 2 cours. But i have seen many anime stop halfway due to not selling enough and never produce their next part(s). At the end of the day all we can do is accept it anyways.
Jun 14, 2015 8:11 PM

Dec 2013
This thing of losing memory is so agonizing '~'
And all that misunderstandings yamada is doing... omg

I hope the anime don't cover too much of the manga, cause I want to read it, and if i already know too much of the story, it's kinda repetitive to do it
Jun 14, 2015 9:04 PM
Apr 2014
Johen said:

I hope the anime don't cover too much of the manga, cause I want to read it, and if i already know too much of the story, it's kinda repetitive to do it

Dont worry the animes skipped, cut out, and swapped so much the manga will be pretty different
Jun 14, 2015 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
I can't wait a week for this suspense.
Can't wait to see how this will all wrap up.
Jun 14, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2015
SteakForLuLu said:
Miyamura's sister is hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Would you tap that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 14, 2015 9:14 PM

May 2013
Good luck with Yamada's current relationship with Shiraishi! :p
I'm so loving Leona right now. XD
Jun 14, 2015 9:14 PM

Mar 2015
Johen said:

Lol, the anime did not even cover the important part of the manga. Believe me, you will see a 1 chapter content of manga in only one minute of the anime lol. Manga have much more content and development than the anime.

Jun 14, 2015 9:29 PM

May 2015
ah this episode spinin in my head, i got some mindblown
poor shiraishi
Jun 14, 2015 10:57 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, interesting turn of events. Unexpected confession too.
Jun 14, 2015 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Gonna read the manga after the show ends!

Jun 14, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
The mind may forget but the heart remembers
Jun 15, 2015 12:22 AM

Feb 2013
Man, the rush is getting really bad...

I can't recommend the manga enough to those who show even a little interest in this show. They should've done a 2 cour or even a split cour for this to have all the great character development in, but oh well.
Jun 15, 2015 1:14 AM

Feb 2012
I'm effin sad and disappointed!! Another rushed episode! They really butchered the series!!!

WHY, OH WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS!! :((((((
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 15, 2015 1:31 AM
May 2015
Leona is so hot!

Rika has arrived and has messed up Yamada's life.

Geez, why the fuck Yamada can't he look at Shirashi's pussy , man he should have violated Leona's body by masturbating it.
Jun 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Mar 2012
DarklordVor said:
Kind of a spoilery RANT:

These characters just popped out of nowhere! Seriously. The student president suddenly say sorry and all, it's so rushed. They completely omitted Yamada wanting to join the club again. The reason Yamada to join the club again was very important too and they skipped it. Yamada in this shitty adaptation only cared about Shiraishi, the Yamada I know would missed all his friends which is why he wanted to join the club again.

Haha, just tough it out until the end; there's only two more episodes. I've already come to terms that the series is getting run into the ground story-wise. From episode one, extensive character and relationship development was chucked to the side. I'm watching it with a different mindset now. Basically, I'm just enjoying the fact that some of the characters from one of my favorite manga are actually being animated with color and legitimate voices. If anything, the seiyuus have been a major plus for this series.
Jun 15, 2015 4:31 AM

Aug 2014
So they didn't skip Leona after all.. Though her screentime only like, less than 7 minutes?

Again, they rush through things a lot.
They skipped the part where Yamada tries to re-join the club! So, the scene where he met Shiraishi looks pretty sudden and awkward for some reason.. Also, Tamaki appeared out of nowhere yet again. :/

They also skipped relationship developments between Yamada and Shiraishi post-memories-erased, which made me wonder why the heck did he confessed all of sudden in the anime right after they met.

On bright side, at least this episode is better than the last one.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

290 by xJc1 »»
Mar 29, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.