Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2011
I have a feeling the show's score will fall after this episode.
Jun 20, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2015
Gov said:

Amen
Jun 20, 2015 9:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GradationAir said:
Tokoya said:
Going by the general concensus of everyone else that actually isn't biased towards the VN, him being sarcastic or not doesn't take anything away from the fact that this episode was really good so yeahhhhhhh :)

I beg to differ. They made Shirou look too good, I felt like it's completely bullshit even if he lost at the end. Not to mention he got saved again by another asspull.

And please don't listen to those people, they don't know what they're talking about.
I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts on the matter once I watch the episode but generally I disagree with most of you guys' "conplaints" so I doubt that it's that bad
Jun 20, 2015 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gov said:
I doubt it...Considering the fight that goes down in this episode as well as the return of a smiling GARcher
Jun 20, 2015 9:24 AM
Aug 2012
Just wondering, what is this "Deflecting swords by hands" instead of "Sword Clash" you guys are talking about?

Jun 20, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Just wondering, what is this "Deflecting swords by hands" instead of "Sword Clash" you guys are talking about?

DEENING.

Shirou bashing away gil's swords with swords in his hands instead of matching them by swordraining the same ones to cancel them out.

The funny thing is that he does it like once or twice at the start and then NOPE LETS SURF ON RHO AIUS.
Jun 20, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
Hell yeah ! Been waiting for this moment, Shirou beats the crap out of that loli killer while Emiya's theme is playing, it'd be even better if they had done more melee fighting scenes. Great ending, all that left is an epilogue episode.
Jun 20, 2015 9:46 AM
Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

DEENING.

Shirou bashing away gil's swords with swords in his hands instead of matching them by swordraining the same ones to cancel them out.

The funny thing is that he does it like once or twice at the start and then NOPE LETS SURF ON RHO AIUS.

Oh well it could have been worse..............like Seiba finishing shit instead of ginger boy.

Unlimited MiuraSFX Works is finally going to end at least.

Btw is True End really confirmed or Miura is just going to troll everyone with GE or Miura Special End?

Jun 20, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode.
Saber's Excalibur was cool.
Unknown to death Archer had a nice come back.
And the fight between Archer and Shirou ws good.
I wonder how the epilogue will be.
Jun 20, 2015 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
Gov said:

fate zero fans will probably be flipping
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 20, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Gov said:

They wanted a ginger to beat Gil and they got one :D
Jun 20, 2015 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Guilek said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

former-ginger and I'm still waiting to download the episode once it appears on the site I use :O
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 20, 2015 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
Good episode after a tedious 2nd half of the season.

I don't think this is as good as it could've been 7/10ish---yes the production values are good but I feel it stopped being fun at some point. The first half was OUTSTANDING though.

Anyway, it stopped being fun due to:

1. Uneven pacing. Some things seem to happen suddenly or out of nowhere while others are really really drilled in (e.g. like Berserker going down like a bitch in 2 minutes while Archer lectures Shirou for 3 episodes).

2. It's also hard to enjoy the anime in the community because everything gets bogged down in visual novel stuff--I appreciate what the mods have done trying to banish that from the episode threads it's helped a lot. But you can't just enjoy the anime or debate it without being slapped down by someone who knows better lambasting you for not being familiar with the VN.

For me a 8+ animes have to be either very gripping (Fate/Zero, Steins Gate) or fuuuuuunnn (Haruhi, Baccano).
Jun 20, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
CookingPriest said:

DEENING.

Oh well it could have been worse..............like Seiba finishing shit instead of ginger boy.

Unlimited MiuraSFX Works is finally going to end at least.

Btw is True End really confirmed or Miura is just going to troll everyone with GE or Miura Special End?

TBH what we got (Gil seemingly beating Shirou) was worse than that.
Jun 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
xShigarakix said:
wow one the most hyped fight got butcherd hard, the point that shirou won was because UBW is faster but here he just deflect all swords by hand

He did use some swordrains along with deflecting swords with his hands, he was doing both.

I'm glad gil use GOB from all directions at one point like against Berserk.
Jun 20, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
Guilek said:
xShigarakix said:
wow one the most hyped fight got butcherd hard, the point that shirou won was because UBW is faster but here he just deflect all swords by hand

He did use some swordrains along with deflecting swords with his hands, he was doing both.

No he did swordspam TWICE at start and then DEENED it which made Gil look dumb as all hell. It should have been going on ALL THE TIME while they are clashing. Not enough melee fight too.
Jun 20, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Guilek said:

No he did swordspam TWICE at start and then DEENED it which made Gil look dumb as all hell. It should have been going on ALL THE TIME while they are clashing. Not enough melee fight too.

He did more than twice.
Jun 20, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
Guilek said:
CookingPriest said:

He did more than twice.

No he did not.

He deflected at the start.
Then he did it again.
And then proceeded to DEEN it with swords at his hands instead.
Again it should be going on ALL THE TIME. Shirou stands absolutely ZERO chance against GOB fire if he did not cancel it out.

Anime made it look like Shirou has better attack skills than Berserker and it is not clear that he won through pure tactics and not strength. Hell it is not clear that he won.
Jun 20, 2015 10:18 AM

Aug 2014
Oh how cute.
Jun 20, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
More or less
One at 8:19
one waves at 15:00
Another waves just after
One other waves at 16:00
Jun 20, 2015 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Guilek said:

former-ginger and I'm still waiting to download the episode once it appears on the site I use :O

Nah, he's forever a ginger.
Jun 20, 2015 10:27 AM
Jun 2014
This fight <3
EMIYA Remix in my veins!!!
Jun 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Sword of Promised Victory remix sounded awesome btw..
Jun 20, 2015 10:32 AM

Jul 2007
laidellent said:

Its decent but just like Emiya, does not beat the original and certainly does not beat prillya version.
Jun 20, 2015 10:36 AM
Sep 2013
So... is there a reason as to why this show is rated lower than F/Z?
Wanted to start watching SE2 (already know what happens in it) but the ratings seem rather weird - did something happen? I recall people being quite hyped few months ago.
Jun 20, 2015 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
laidellent said:

Its decent but just like Emiya, does not beat the original and certainly does not beat prillya version.

Well,lets hear the full version first Fai,it only played for....bout 25 seconds(?)

N2P1 said:
Wanted to start watching SE2 (already know what happens in it) but the ratings seem rather weird - did something happen? I recall people being quite hyped few months ago.

awkward pacing and some changes which were not required...mainly directorial problems...so some fans aren't so "happy" about it..
Jun 20, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
N2P1 said:

butcherd characters
butcherd fights
anime orginal filler shit
rushed
Jun 20, 2015 10:39 AM
Apr 2015
N2P1 said:

Because F/Z is better
and because Ufo fucked up according to some VN readers
Jun 20, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2012
laidellent said:
CookingPriest said:

Well,lets hear the full version first Fai,it only played for....bout 25 seconds(?)

It's Fai prillya will win 100% of the time in everything.

N2P1 said:

No real reason, you should still watch the show and make your own decision. Ratings are always not that reliable.
Jun 20, 2015 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
At 16:55 they made it looks like Gilgamesh was hesitating to use EA, which is kind of bullshit in this life and death situation. And not like he has enough time to activate the EA's power against Shirou's charge, Ufotable saved his face so hard in this episode.
Jun 20, 2015 10:46 AM
Apr 2015
Wild_Lynx said:
At 16:55 they made it looks like Gilgamesh was hesitating to use EA, which is kind of bullshit in this life and death situation. And not like he has enough time to activate the EA's power against Shirou's charge, Ufotable saved his face so hard in this episode.

As it should be I still find it ridiculous how Shirou managed to defeat him
Jun 20, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
Wild_Lynx said:

No, they didn't. You gotta remember that Gil is egotistical as fuck. Being forced to use Ea against Shirou is as humiliating as admitting defeat, so it makes sense that he'd hesitate.
Jun 20, 2015 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
Here we go......
Jun 20, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2015
Oh man,you guys have already watched it ;_;
I'm still waiting for 1 and half hour
Jun 20, 2015 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
astroprogs said:
Wild_Lynx said:

No, they didn't. You gotta remember that Gil is egotistical as fuck. Being forced to use Ea against Shirou is as humiliating as admitting defeat, so it makes sense that he'd hesitate.

Maybe some visual novel reader can confirm this ? Did he actually hesitate ?
Jun 20, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2012
So the next episode will be the 45 minute one or was it this one haven't watched it yet?

Jun 20, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2012
Great episode.
Jun 20, 2015 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
I'd say this is by far the best episode the series has had. Besides the Archer asspull at the end, which apparently was poor in the VN as well, this episode was perfect. Shirou finally had his time to shine and it was glorious.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 20, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2009
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
So the next episode will be the 45 minute one or was it this one haven't watched it yet?
Neither will be double length.
Jun 20, 2015 11:01 AM

Feb 2015
bobzanny said:
I'd say this is by far the best episode the series has had. Besides the Archer asspull at the end, which apparently was poor in the VN as well, this episode was perfect. Shirou finally had his time to shine and it was glorious.

its not a asspull because his core didnt get detroyed remember at EP 12 they even showed assassin core

someone just post the pic when archer got shot by GOB you can clearly see that only 2-3 weapons hit him
xShigarakixJun 20, 2015 11:09 AM
Jun 20, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
Wild_Lynx said:
astroprogs said:

Maybe some visual novel reader can confirm this ? Did he actually hesitate ?

I'm a VN reader. Gil didn't even have the time to hesitate in the VN, as it happened so fast.
It makes sense in the anime regardless, though. Gil wouldn't use Ea or Enkidou easily on a lowly human like Shirou.
Jun 20, 2015 11:05 AM
Jun 20, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2011
If I had just watched the anime adaption I never would have guessed that Shirou is just an owner and not a wielder.
Jun 20, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
lol at all the hate. So many 1/5. I thought that episode was fairly decent besides the weird asspulls (why archer is still around??).

People say they didn't show how Shirou's swords are faster than Gil's, I think that's wrong, they showed it from the start. Shirou didn't use range all the time, just when he thought he needed it.
Jun 20, 2015 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
wonder if there is still bugdet for the epilogue :P
bruh
Jun 20, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
So this is "proper usage" of UBW: summoning swords from the ground.

I see none complains about "wrong mechanic" anymore now. =))
Jun 20, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
xShigarakix said:
bobzanny said:

its not a asspull because his core didnt get detroyed remember at EP 12 they even showed assassin core

someone just post the pic when archer got shot by GOB you can clearly see that only 2-3 weapons hit him

Here ya go

see carefully,only one hits him the second time.He either dodged it or Gil has bad aim.
Jun 20, 2015 11:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
EXCALIBUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Holy fuck that episode was epic from beginning to end

Gil being smug and arrogant as fuck to Saber and Shirou essentially saying goodbye whIle coming to terms with their situation and Shirou FINALLY taking that last leap to become the bad as she truly was

WE GOT THE CHANT......PRAISE TATSUYA WE GOT THE UBW CHANT

Everything about that fight was perfection, Gil showcased why he is a boss and Shirou displayed just how much of a badass he can be....And I also loved how they explained why Shirou won because he is essentially Gil's kryptonite and due to Gil's arrogance he was completely outclassed in that reality marble

Absolutely brilliant.....I dunno why the Brigade Brigade are bitching about Shirou falling.....Even Gil himself admitted that he fucking lost lol, what more do you even need

But to top it all off.....Best boy GARcher came back for one more round and went out in style....That goodbye between Rin, Archer and Saber was nothing short of beautiful

11/10 Art, animation and dat OST was not godly and orasmic proportions

Aug 2010
laidellent said:
Here we go......

You knew it was coming. Brace yourself, this is gonna be a long thread.

Sep 2014

Sorrow + Sword of Promised Victory made me wish there was a non-DEEN Fate route adaptation. Ah~sadness.

Also, comparisons

Thumbs up!

Dammit, Archer, stop making my heart skip beats. ;_;
The sun is a deadly laser
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by yashoshi69 »»
Feb 7, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.