Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Kuroka this episode again.

Oh well, at least Issei and the others gets some help to get Rias back. They found her I guess but I suppose she is suffering in pain. This transformation though...

The brief fight was kinda intense.
Jun 13, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
Giving up devil to be fallen angel? He refused and still wants to save buchou. Everyone's one with him. Needing power to get into between space, huh. It is done by a sword.

Buchou is still on enemy's side, though original side of her is kept. With everyone calling her, it seems like she was back, but she changed form. His turn to save her.

One more ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 13, 2015 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
O_________O

Although if you've seen the preview to the new volume of the light novel, you'll see a big similarity between this episode and that...
Jun 13, 2015 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
Transcend said:
O_________O

Although if you've seen the preview to the new volume of the light novel, you'll see a big similarity between this episode and that...

Yeah that's rather worrisome
Jun 13, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
I had to watch Raw this time thx to what happened in ep 10 but... there wasn't much about this episode that I liked...
Only few things:

They would look like a nice pair :D
Rossweisse CG :D
NSFM:

Rias in balance breaker looks very awkward :| And this idea with fighting against Rias even while she is not controling herself is very very stupid... It is not even that it is changed from LN, but such BIG CHANGE need to be recalled in season 4/5 if there will be any at all... She should have some trauma after this... so will they be changing everything from now on? If they just act like this fight never happened then it is even worse...
I don't like it...

Mod Edit: Changed the NSFM image in compliance with the Site & Forum Guidelines. Please do not embed NSFM images, and include them in the appropriate tags
TyrelJun 13, 2015 6:23 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 13, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Worst fucking episode in the entire franchise. All of it read like a badly written fanfic and what i feared most the issue with the name is looking like a certainty more and more. TNK why have you forsaken us.

Last week's episode defenders can just go fuck themselves right off a cliff. I was right to expect the worst. And yet they still managed to deliver EVEN WORSE THAN I EXPECTED.
Jun 13, 2015 8:04 AM
Jun 2015
Waiting for EP 12 @-@
Jun 13, 2015 8:19 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
All of it read like a badly written fanfic

that ^
it seems there is something like that in volume 20, I don't know yet, but anime is now on vol 5-7 and some major events need to happen first before what happened in episode 11... this is bad...

DoDevil said:
Waiting for EP 12 @-@

First post? Hi, don't be shy and post something longer. This look like spam :(

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

Jun 13, 2015 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Darklight0303 said:
All of it read like a badly written fanfic

that ^
it seems there is something like that in volume 20, I don't know yet, but anime is now on vol 5-7 and some major events need to happen first before what happened in episode 11... this is bad...

DoDevil said:
Waiting for EP 12 @-@

First post? Hi, don't be shy and post something longer. This look like spam :(

There is a collection of snippets and quotes from Volume 20 that was translated on the wiki and one of them had Rias say she would WEAR Issei's power.

My only hope now is that Issei is still in a coma after Juggernaut Drive and this is nothing but a bad dream.
Darklight0303Jun 13, 2015 8:24 AM
Jun 13, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
Sweet action, finally a Rossweisse eyecatch. I've been waiting long and hard for that to show up. Pardon the pun.
Jun 13, 2015 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
lost interest... (_ _)"

no more sequel pls.
the anime is full of BS.

ill wait for volume 19 life 1 to be translated for the end of the month
bruh
Jun 13, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
I thought Rossweisse will be main focus character in few episodes left. But i am disappointed about their adaptation.
Jun 13, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
ryanstrike said:
I thought Rossweisse will be main focus character in few episodes left. But i am disappointed about their adaptation.

This is no longer an adaptation. Don't misuse the term =_=
Jun 13, 2015 9:25 AM
Jun 2014
Oh god, why they had to change the original timeline, and go with an anime original season finale. Do it with other shows but don't touch our dxd!
Jun 13, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
Kirigaro92 said:
Oh god, why they had to change the original timeline, and go with an anime original season finale. Do it with other shows but don't touch our dxd!

Too late my friend. Too late
Jun 13, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
kei78 said:
lost interest... (_ _)"

no more sequel pls.
the anime is full of BS.

ill wait for volume 19 life 1 to be translated for the end of the month
reading an ecchi novel lmfao
Jun 13, 2015 9:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm glad that I'm not biased with source material lol....Going by what Stark and, Curzon said, it looks like this episode will be pretty enjoyable
Jun 13, 2015 9:33 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
I'm glad that I'm not biased with source material lol....Going by what Stark, Curzon and Thyriad said, it looks like this episode will be pretty enjoyable

Ignorance is a sad thing. You have no idea what epicness has been negated with this stupid development later down the line.
Darklight0303Jun 13, 2015 9:37 AM
Jun 13, 2015 9:33 AM
Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Kirigaro92 said:

I think the main problem is how this changes will affect future seasons, If there is a season 4 (which I think will be) hope they just forget this ever happen. Best possible scenario is all this crap it's just an Issei's dream after the Juggernaut Drive.
Jun 13, 2015 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
Kirigaro92 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I think the main problem is how this changes will affect future seasons, If there is a season 4 (which I think will be) hope they just forget this ever happen. Best possible scenario is all this crap it's just an Issei's dream after the Juggernaut Drive.

THat's my hope as well. Because this is all so bad for long term plot reasons.
Jun 13, 2015 9:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:
I'm glad that I'm not biased with source material lol....Going by what Stark, Curzon and Thyriad said, it looks like this episode will be pretty enjoyable

Ignorance is a sad thing. You have no idea what epicness has been negated with this stupid development later down the line.
Nah I'm just one of the few people that actually judges an anime based off it itself and not match it up against the source material which in most cases, most adaptations lose no matter how good it is

It's sad how there's this ever growing concession that if something isn't identical to something that automatically means that it's bad....Look at Seraph....They've been adding in tons of original scenes and rearranging things and it's still pretty good...Some people even think that the changes are better than the source material

If you want someone to blame someone, blame your precious author because IIRC he's the one calling the shots here....Don't get me wrong though, if what was left out is really as cool as you say it is then yeah it sucks that we won't see it but I won't fault this episode for it at least

If I want to be cynical, this is an ecchi series and at the end of the day the plot isn't THAT deep tbh but I get your concern....You'll all just have to wait and see what happens in S4 (I have no doubt in my mind that we'll get one)
Jun 13, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nah I'm just one of the few people that actually judges an anime based off it itself and not match it up against the source material which in most cases, most adaptations lose no matter how good it is

It's sad how there's this ever growing concession that if something isn't identical to something that automatically means that it's bad....Look at Seraph....They've been adding in tons of original scenes and rearranging things and it's still pretty good...Some people even think that the changes are better than the source material

If you want someone to blame someone, blame your precious author because IIRC he's the one calling the shots here....Don't get me wrong though, if what was left out is really as cool as you say it is then yeah it sucks that we won't see it but I won't fault this episode for it at least

If I want to be cynical, this is an ecchi series and at the end of the day the plot isn't THAT deep tbh but I get your concern....You'll all just have to wait and see what happens in S4 (I have no doubt in my mind that we'll get one)

An adaptation is not called and adaptation on the virtue of it changing the core story. AT that point you're better off calling it a spinoff not an adaptation because it stopped ADAPTING the core material. The things cut or rushed here have huge consequences in the later plot. =_=
Jun 13, 2015 10:19 AM
Nov 2010

I pray if this gets another season it just follow the damn light novel as it would suck SO MUCH if they skipped/leave out all the badass stuff that happens D:
and i was so hoping to see volume 10 D:
MrJcJun 13, 2015 10:24 AM
Jun 13, 2015 10:29 AM
Feb 2015
Just one more episode :(

Time to go save rias. But woah, that Armor on rias though. Really didn't expect that.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 13, 2015 10:31 AM
Feb 2011
Hmm I don't remember this episode in the novel. Perhaps they changed things around and this is part where only Rias will return and Issei dies with his evil pieces being returned? Though if they do this, it means that Ophis is being neglected...
Jun 13, 2015 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
When someone can tell me how these changes make it impossible for them to adapt v9 and 10 properly then I'll consider taking the rants seriously.

Thus was great, can't wait for the finale.
Jun 13, 2015 10:48 AM

May 2013
So this part is an anime original? It wasn't completely bad, but it wasn't that good either. Also, I think Rias' transformation was redundant. It just didn't hit me like the last few episodes did.
So how will Issei deal with this now? I have no clue now.
Jun 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
MrJc said:

I pray if this gets another season it just follow the damn light novel as it would suck SO MUCH if they skipped/leave out all the badass stuff that happens D:
and i was so hoping to see volume 10 D:

our only hope is that they SKIP all, remove RAynare stuff, do directly the rating gate from volume 10 and FOCUS 4 EPISODE JUST FOR VOLUME 11 and 12 AND PUT ALL THE MONEY ON THE CLIFFHANGER BETWEEN THE 2 volumes.
bruh
Jun 13, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
well interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 13, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
Overall a decent episode,can't wait for the last

!While I do feel sad that they had to do this as an anime original story,I wish this doesn't make any problems in the future of the story if we get more seasons.
MrEpicMichaelJun 13, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Kirigaro92 said:

Lol that would be even worse... to forget... this is too much big event to be forgotten... Come on Rias - the king - Lucifer sister to be kidnapped, brainwashed and all this bad things what will happened in ep 12.. it changes everything, storyline in next volumes... this is all wrong... I cannot believe Ishibumi approved this...

Tokoya said:

It's sad how there's this ever growing concession that if something isn't identical to something that automatically means that it's bad....

not all changes are bad even in this anime and in season 3 DxD
but this major change is bad even if looking with eyes of non-LN reader...
but like in Naruto fillers do not change the history of original anime
this episode 11 changes it 180 way around

Tokoya said:
Because the studio chose to do so, but the point is that an adaptation is an interpretation of something, not an identical copy of it

people make mistakes.., even the studio even the author..
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 13, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 13, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Darklight0303 said:

Lol that would be even worse... to forget... this is too much big event to be forgotten... Come on Rias - the king - Lucifer sister to be kidnapped, brainwashed and all this bad things what will happened in ep 12.. it changes everything, storyline in next volumes... this is all wrong... I cannot believe Ishibumi approved this...

I'd still rather have them forget everything than what could come of this is all real
Jun 13, 2015 12:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh no, this wearing armor thing is not supposed to happen (until maybe 10 volumes down the line, haven't read the latest volume yet)... Hopefully this doesn't mean they will end the adaptation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 13, 2015 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
christyu said:
Hmm I don't remember this episode in the novel. Perhaps they changed things around and this is part where only Rias will return and Issei dies with his evil pieces being returned? Though if they do this, it means that Ophis is being neglected...

This has never happened in the novel

It did. He is talking about volume 12 if I am not mistaken.

PS. I edited my last post, wanted to edit it again but it seems already 2 replies since my original post time. Anyone who want to quote/read my full post.

Jun 13, 2015 12:45 PM
Jun 2013
This is just so awful...

I was so happy when I learned that the series will continue but this is just... way too much...
Jun 13, 2015 12:51 PM
May 2015
I ALWAYS judge the anime and the manga/LN as being 2 different things (TG for example) but this is one of the very few anime that I want to see completely adapted (like Bakemonogatari and soon SAO from the looks of it) so I'm a bit miffed if this potentially spells out no more DxD (from the comments, they'd have to do massive restructuring).
Jun 13, 2015 2:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uhm... the novel never exactly impressed me but this was just... bad

like I have no idea what the anime is even trying to do anymore :s
Jun 13, 2015 3:01 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Never expected to see Rias in Balance Breaker form... o_O I'm not liking this original finale... And Asia received Fafnir from Azazel this early in the anime? That's supposed to happen multiple volumes later!

*sigh* I'm not happy with the way DxD BorN was adapted. (Was this still supposed to be called an anime adaptation?) I managed to see Ophis at least from episode 9 but that's not how Juggernaut Drive was supposed to have been subdued originally from that episode... :c
Jun 13, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2013
I actually find it funny that this series is trying to the take the romance seriously but after reading the Light Novels from volume 1 through 13 and after watching season 1 and 2 with nothing but force ecchi fan service, decent fight scenes, and Issei's usual stupid perverted personality I can't take the romance seriously because it feels like a drag especially since this series has a decent story. And of course they have to add the usual predictable cliche "You're the only one who can save her." Ha ha man these animes never change huh?
Jun 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Dec 2014
one episode left and it won't even be canon as it is focused on the issei-rias bb battle

let me be honest, this season was such a disappointment if not for juggernaut drive and that was only about 5 minutes of screen time and we didnt even get to see sonas or sairorg rating game
Jun 13, 2015 4:02 PM
May 2015
Isn't there also an OVA in December? Maybe it'll get the story back on canon. I thought the final fight from this vol was Loki vs Vali and Issei but.....
Jun 13, 2015 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
This has turned into a gongshow. When the anime original episodes happened (loki being before Diodora arc and skipping rias vs sona's RG), I was really really hoping for them to just improve on the LN but instead it seems they are just routing it towards their own original ending. And Rias getting Boosted Gear's BB is just full bullsh*t because even if Loki (a god) is involved, its impossible to copy a longinus and even more so Draig's and this plot is later used in the novels when such a thing does actually happen due to some circumstances.

DxD having a 4th season at this point is doubtful :/

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jun 13, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2014
This episode, this 'adaption' was so bad that it made me laugh. As a LN reader i'm DISAPPOINTED! What the hell the studio were thinking!

Rias in BB? come on, an anime viewer could have see it from away away, that's bias and bs.

The only good thing that they did in the ENTIRE season was to animate JD! even though they freaking removed the oppai song scene, i was okey with it but this!? how could they ask me to accept that? Are you kidding me?

Time to remove 10/10 to 3/10, terrible adaption.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode rias goes to JD.

Laughable at best these anime watchers defending this bullshit.

We had ENOUGH VOLUMES! 20 VOLUMES!! how could they do anime fillers!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??! oh my god.
Jun 13, 2015 4:30 PM

Apr 2014
The third season has been a huge disappointment.

JD was the only good thing.
Jun 13, 2015 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Rias' armour is probably gonna come flying off leaving her naked again in the next episode.
Jun 13, 2015 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
You people seem to have forgotten that the one who did the changes was Ishibumi. It's not like TNK locked him into a room and tortured him until he agreed to do it.
Jun 13, 2015 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
Even if it come as a bit nonsensical to LN reader I still think this is good. Forget about adaptation as I think it is as separate entry.

If you look at it closely like lyric in OP for example everything that happen up until now made sense. Because of all loving hero Issei is and his past he failed to notice Rias change. Rias is there when he save Koneko and also when he save Asia. Her desire to be treated as equal is what driving motivation for this season. She always want Issei to watch her the way he watch other too. It might look like childern tanturm but I can see where this is coming from.

Also Azazal lending Fafnir not giving it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 13, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Even if it come as a bit nonsensical to LN reader I still think this is good. Forget about adaptation as I think it is as separate entry.

If you look at it closely like lyric in OP for example everything that happen up until now made sense. Because of all loving hero Issei is and his past he failed to notice Rias change. Rias is there when he save Koneko and also when he save Asia. Her desire to be treated as equal is what driving motivation for this season. She always want Issei to watch her the way he watch other too. It might look like childern tanturm but I can see where this is coming from.

I disagree, this season should be completely removed from the sequels after DxD next and be included in a separate section [spin off].
Jun 13, 2015 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
AverageFanboy said:
You people seem to have forgotten that the one who did the changes was Ishibumi. It's not like TNK locked him into a room and tortured him until he agreed to do it.

As if that makes any of this crap right. Spoiler. It doesn't.

What crap? As I said, it doesn't get in the way of adaptating the rest of the 3rd arc. If you don't like it, hey, it's fine, different opinions exist after all. But nothing Ishibumi did makes it such a big deal, specially considering he constantly retcons stuff in the LNs.

My point is, if you're going to hate on someone, hate on the person that made the changes, aka Ishibumi, and not the ones who were just paid to animate the script he gave them.
Jun 13, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
iNoto-san said:
NeoAnkara said:

I disagree, this season should be completely removed from the sequels after DxD next and be included in a separate section [spin off].
As detached as this is to LN it is still proper sequel from New.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.