Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2013
Well, even if there was very little emotional payoff here (the only moments that made me feel anything were Yuu running towards Mika, and Shinoa hugging Yuu back to normal), a few things do make more sense now. Mika's motivations are kind of more clear now, and the human experiment / seraph angle is also out in the open. Good form, Yuu! Sick gains, my dude.

This time, even more visual spectacle, and no cut corners. Finally, the presentation was as over-the-top as the material, at least where it mattered the most. I'm a little afraid to think more about what just happened because things would probably make less sense, but that's okay.

Sadly, I must agree on Shinoa's character arc. She doesn't have one; she hasn't been gaining any depth. I do find her charming and she's a very amusing distraction (Saori Hayami is frickin' great), but she really is more of a convenient tool for Yuu than a character in her own right. And even though I don't like Yuu that much, I've admitted before that he has shown a few signs of growing. Heck, the other three kids in gang might have more potential in them as characters than Shinoa. Mind you, I'm only noting these improvements by the show's own standards. And there's still hope for Shinoa, I'm just not expecting much.

Renaultclio101 said:
Mikaela is the cause of Yaoi, Fuck him as he is causing too much Yaoi scenes which is DISTRUBING

Oh, the humanity! It's kind of hilarious how uncomfortable it seems to make you, to look at a few scenes that barely even hint at an attraction between two boys.
LeeTailorApr 10, 2017 12:11 PM
Apr 10, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2013

Renaultclio101 said:
Mikaela is the cause of Yaoi, Fuck him as he is causing too much Yaoi scenes which is DISTRUBING

Oh, the humanity! It's kind of hilarious how uncomfortable it seems to make you, to look at a few scenes that barely even hint at an attraction between two boys.[/quote]

Well for 1st season I sense a bit of yaoi but I like this anime and 2nd season does step up the game. If this anime was like yuri on Ice then yeah I probably be buggered to even watch this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2017 2:08 AM

Mar 2014
That was cute, thumbs up especially for mika's hug and them blushing :')
Mika's got a point tbh, I'm with you fam
Nov 21, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
I laughed so hard when Mika just ran off with Yuu in his arms.
Allthough the transformation was cool and all we already knew something odd was going on with Yuu since the first episode.
I wonder what other "little projects" the humans have created.

Also the way Yuu was brought back to normal was lackluster, just a simple hug from Shinoa and some shouting, that's it?

Anyway, I guess they'll explain most of it in the 2nd season and we'll end this season with the vampires being caught or getting away.
Humans definitely aren't as innocent as they may look but that was obvious from episode 1 ^^
Dec 5, 2018 2:57 AM
Dec 2017
Love Mika. Wish Yu chose to run away with Mika but instead, he chose his friends. Shinoa is gr8
StarlexicDec 5, 2018 3:40 AM
Jan 21, 2020 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
that was....highly underwhelming.
Mar 17, 2020 10:39 PM

Mar 2017
so this is the famed "Ichigo turns into a hollow" scene
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 19, 2020 7:39 AM
Dec 2019
Best Episode till now and yuu was insane with his demon look
Aug 17, 2020 3:04 AM
Oct 2019
Well, this episode pissed me off. The first episode that I've disliked.

The reunion was more cringe worthy than I expected. On the bright side, I'm done liking Mika or feeling any empathy for him. Talking about humans being "used"? Gtfoh, traitor-hypocrite.

But on the flip side, all this kinda sucked:

* Yu was really stupid for much of the episode
* Yu's power didn't do jack shit. He killed no vampires. I was SO EXCITED when he started changing. What an utter failure and total letdown
* How did that commander guy not die after a sword to the chest?
* Then commander guy completely blows the sniper's chance at killing 2 vamp nobles?
* Almost all of Yu's team was bit? So, they're either dead or soon-to-be-vamps, right? That's the logical assumption. We were still getting to know everyone. If they somehow survive after that, it'll be lame
* The way to save Yu when he's in monster mode is to... *checks notes* ... hug him and say, "Please"?

Other comments: I assumed the Seraph thing the vamp queen was talking about was what was inside Yu that his demon mentioned. I assumed the vamps did it. But it was the humans? Huh? So is the seraph thing completely unrelated to whatever is inside Yu? I don't understand. I guess I'll just have to keep watching

Yu's monster mode made me think of Black Clover
HagePotPotatoAug 17, 2020 3:07 AM
Sep 21, 2020 10:21 AM
Oct 2018
I really thought at least one of character will die with the transformation of Yu , but no. Guren was choked for about half of the episode and he's still alive to tell that they have back-up. I'm glad Shinoa's still alive to use the power of hug.
Jan 16, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
Holy shit this was pretty stinky. THERES A GROUP EVEN STRONGER THAN THE MOONDRAGON!
Yessir
5/5
Really good ep
Jan 27, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
Some parts of the episode are lacking/dumb but YUU LOOKED SO COOL IN HIS SERAPH (?) FORM! Like someone else said, very Ichigo becoming a Hollow. I hope season 2 shows more of that form.
Feb 15, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2019
My heart still goes out to Mika and I hope they do him justice and don’t ruin his character potential.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Feb 27, 2021 9:34 AM

Jul 2008
Do the vampires think they don't have the same traits they accuse humans of having that makes them so bad?
Mar 13, 2021 4:25 AM

Jun 2020
Erm. I laughed. Did Mika really had to carry Yuu off like that???? Lololllll!!!!! As Ferid said, Yuu is the princess eh? X)

Great episode with Yuu’s demonic transformation. I also really like Asuramaru & Yuu’s dynamic. That scene right before he transformed was so surreal & the art was beautiful. How did Shinoa manage to bring Yuu back with just a hug? That was pretty anti-climatic I dead-ass thought she was going to stab him with that thingy she was fiddling with or something.

I’m glad Guren didn’t die. I would have dropped if he died. Tho how did he even survive that lol. And another thirst trap appears in the form of that Hiragi general? Kureto. Fuck he’s so hot. More of him and Shinya please. Shinya’s tiger sniper was so sick.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 3:34 AM
Apr 2021
Damn, Mika carrying Yuu princess style xd well, this is a pretty good twist
Soo Yuu like is nine tails and Shinoa has the key to seal it?
Oct 28, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2021
Was i the only one laughing when mika carried yuu off like a tsundere princess being rescued.
Mar 5, 2022 6:12 AM
Mar 2019
Kudos to Crowley for being the only straight vampire in his yaoi sausagefest
Mar 15, 2022 1:01 PM
Dec 2015
byams_pa said:
Kudos to Crowley for being the only straight vampire in his yaoi sausagefest

I wouldn’t call it Yaoi but there’s a lot of males in it yeah
Mar 19, 2022 2:04 AM

Aug 2011
THIS SHIT HAD TO BE THE WORST EPISODE OUT OF ALL OF THE EPISODES LITERALLY THE PLOT DEMANDING IS OUT OF THIS WORLD
May 14, 2022 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Now that took an unexpected turn, and WHY DOES MIKA AND YUU KEEP BLUSHING 💀
Jul 17, 2022 1:23 PM
May 2021
that was unexpected lol
Aug 13, 2022 2:36 AM
Jun 2022
yabadababa gloop (jamba juice) yabadabadaooap yamanapapolaop
Aug 27, 2022 7:56 AM
Aug 2022
It was cool but this bring me bad memories
Sep 3, 2022 4:04 PM

Mar 2019
So Guren's secret weapon is the hug! I guess he meants Shinoa is the only one there who can reverse that since she's from the hiiragi clan.

I have so many questions. I was so annoyed with Mika saying how the humans are using Yuu since they were humans to begin with and they never liked the vampires and always wanted to escape to the humans so I didn't know why he kept saying that and I still don't know. What happened and how did Mika know about the human experiment? I'm guessing the cursed weapons are cursed because of this? But it wasn't the demon that took control so who exactly did that?

Also what's with Guren. I do hate how weak they are, even Guren himself who is important and powerful, you seriously had to take a pill for that? Poor Yuu, this is so much, but I'm so happy no one died, especially the best girl, Shinoa!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 5, 2023 12:20 PM

Apr 2022
I'm so excited to watch s2

╱|、
(˚ˎ 。7
|、˜〵
じしˍ,)ノ
Jun 8, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 2022
THE EP IS SOO GOOD LIKE NOW I KNOW THE HYPE OF THIS ANIME MANNN
Jun 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Dec 2022
Proof that drama doesn't make for a good episode. Yuu is completely retarded and wasted his chance to kill Mika because he prefers being acting gay, and then he sits there listening to Mika's spiel about not trusting humans for unexplained reasons, despite Mika himself being untrustworthy and betraying the humans to side with the vampires. The entirety of the human side also seems to have had their skills, reaction times and physical ability all reduced to that of a sloth for this episode to add to the drama. Even when Yuu finally transforms, he achieves absolutely nothing, even when he once again had an opportunity to kill Mika when he got impaled by the sword.

Mika is an annoying histrionic brat with a persecution complex. This series had potential to be a horrific tale of war and the extremes and losses the humans had to go to in order to fight against the vampires, but it seems to be inexplicably veering towards being some teenage girl's yaoi fanfiction instead. It doesn't help that the writer is still terrified of killing any named character.
Archean-ReturnMar 21, 11:45 AM

Shaded Horizon

Jul 18, 2023 1:19 AM
Jan 2021
this episode stressed me outttt

Aug 22, 2023 3:31 AM
Jan 2022
MIKAYUU!!!! I love them so much
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.