Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action was better than I had expected. The episode didn't waste much time on that in the dungeons. I think I'm starting to like this Hermes Familia group more now.

Felt bad for Bell for going through a lot of shit this episode...

Glad to see Aiz came right on time and another girl interested in Bell? LOL, Hestia you got competition.

Stark700Jun 12, 2015 9:36 AM
Jun 12, 2015 10:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty good episode even though there wasn't as much action as I thought would be, but I'm glad that our gang made it out okay and are feeling better

I noticed that Bell left even more items behind so I'm hoping that Hestia picked them up for him because it would suck if he loses them for good, but damn that scene with the Goliath was intense as fuck

This same zone looks absolutely beautiful to say the least and finding out that there is a town here even is pretty cool so I'm looking forward to this world building and seeing how things are here....Should be a pretty fun date with Hestia and Aiz (They were too great in this episode along with those two girls who kept teasing and fangasming over Bell xD)

The ending scene with Welf was intriguing.....I'm thinking that whatever it is that Hestia told him either deals with Hephaestus wanting him to make a magic weapon for Bell or its dealing with his family.....I really want to know what's that thing he's holding too

And last but not least.....Hermes' partner and Syr are too fucking awesome >//<
TokoyaJun 12, 2015 11:07 AM
Jun 12, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
"RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN." I love those building scenes like that it builds up suspense, but I am totes Hestia x Bell

Also always interesting to see how they can fit in a "SURPRISE! Wallenstein!" joke.

Also what do you think that thing that is all wrapped up is? I think it is a baguette, but that is because it is bread
PsychoninjaJun 12, 2015 11:04 AM
Jun 12, 2015 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
this episode was sort of flat? idk

edit: hestia saved the day
alpha_shadowJun 12, 2015 11:10 AM
:3
Jun 12, 2015 11:09 AM
Feb 2015
Everyone is safe!!! I'm so glad. Bell had to face a lot of obstacles to get to the safe zone... That boss thing looked so powerful. Good thing he didn't need to attack it.

Hestia group is fine as well, she is so over protective. Always afraid that other girls will steal him away from her :3 Love her so much xD
The twins are also starting to like him too.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 12, 2015 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
OK DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE MONSTER THING AND GO LIKE: "Oh boy, a titan"
Jun 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
A rest episode...literally! Bell certainly got plenty of attention from the girls this week huh? Lucky bastard... Ah, Hestia, loved their reunion. She won't let Aiz win that easily...but is Aiz even playing? An arc for Welf incoming with just 2 episodes left?
Jun 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Jun 2014
Bells never ending random replies too whatever happens never fail to amuse me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
ElKiddoLoco said:
Bells never ending random replies too whatever happens

todays episode in a nutshell
Jun 12, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder if Bell will ever tell Aiz his real feelings XD
Jun 12, 2015 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
After the intense episode of last week this was rather calm apart from the first time.
Tho it was nice to see lot's of Aiz again.
Speaking of which how dare Hestia interrupt their conversation at the end, that was really evil of her.
We need more Aiz!!

I also found it funny how Bell reacted getting all that attention from the girls.
He is pretty bad at dealing with them.
Jun 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
A bit of a calmer episode this time around, with the occasional descent into unnecessary haremy shenanigans. Still, Bell had yet more interesting moments with Aiz, who I swear is always around whenever Bell and crew need help most of all. Seriously, the heck's with that?
Jun 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
That titan breaking out of wall maira... I mean wall of sorrow xD Nice episode, I'm curious about this town in the dungeon.
Jun 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
Does Wallenstein even know what a date is?
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 12, 2015 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Psychoninja said:
Lmaoooo, totally xD
Jun 12, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
Best anime of the year
Jun 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode again, i could cry
Jun 12, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
Gawd - what a waste of an episode! They had all of the momentum from the previous episode and they just threw it away for some dumb laughs and fan service. They may as well have had an onsen episode.
Jun 12, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
dammit!! only 2 more... I hope this gets another season...
well nvm, great episode...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 12, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
I'm glad Aiz put in another appearance. I was worried her familia would be on that damn expedition for the rest of the season. And they seem to be getting along quite well, good friends if nothing else yet. And it's funny to see that Bell is picking up quite a few fans, he's really building that harem. Though he still only has eyes for Aiz (pun there). I really hope someone picked up all those monster crystals Bell left behind, looks like that would translate into some sweet cash, and it looks like Bell left literally all that stuff behind when he started carrying his friends. Oh well, they can always get more i guess.

I wonder who it was that sent Hermes to check on Bell, and what was meant by 'a new era'. Hmm.
Jun 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
Psychoninja said:
Lmaoooo, totally xD
lol me too.
why only bell that recognize ryu? lili was also with her when they have dinner before they go to the dungeon
Jun 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
Jealous Aiz is Jealous

Jun 12, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2013
Episode was kinda boring. Lot's of talking in the second half. Like one user said previously they did have momentum form the previous episode but they did something boring.
Jun 12, 2015 12:25 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I actually thought this was one of the best episodes. I liked the atmosphere here very much. Seriously though...Hestia gets annoying with her jealousy scenes. Bell x Lili x Welf and Bell x Aiz are great to watch though.
Jun 12, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
JC Staff YOU FAILED.

Those ears shouldn't be here, she's a Pallum, so those ears are fake and maintained by a magic spell that she deactivated little after entering the dungeon to avoid going mind down after a while, since this spell keep draining her mind like any other spell as long as she maintains it active. No way she would still have it after all that, and no way she can keep it while being asleep either.
Furthermore, it's not just a little fail, this was very important for the next volume that she don't have those ears appear during their time in the 18th floor. Right now, this is making very difficult for the anime to ever adapt the 6th volume without changing an important part.

Then again, if they never intend to adapt what is next, that's okay. But that's still a poor fail.

Errr... BTW, during this whole episode it feels like not only Tiona (the amazoness with a flat chest) , but Tione (her big sister) as well were interested by Bell. But Tione has a crush on Finne (the Loki familia Pallum leader) so well, that's not the case, JC staff~.

They may as well have had an onsen episode.

Actually, that's coming next, sorry.
Also, what exactly are you calling a "Gawd - what a waste of an episode!" when until the 9th minutes they were running for their life again. God, how dare they to rest and meet with the Loki familia during the remaining 11 minutes after being unconscious! Throw them at the next monster already! ~

An OK episode I suppose. This part is basically the calm before the storm. Hope they won't spend too much time going over the town part because they still have a very important event to manage before the final fight.
If they want to leave the whole 13th episode for the final episode, this is going to be rushed again, uhhh... Thinking of the fact that they're probably going to cut important dialogue rather than "those" 2 scenes that they'll probably keep completely, what a waste.
Really, doing 5 volumes in 13 episodes was really a poor choice from start to finish... TT
ZefyrisJun 12, 2015 12:38 PM
Jun 12, 2015 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
nice calm episode aside from the beginning.

not enough ninja ryu

only two more episodes T.T
Jun 12, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
Fun ep. That was really close with Titan-sanGoliath :O

I wonder if Bell is gonna fight it alongside the Loki familia. That would be so much fun if they get to see him in action. Plz let this happen >.<

All Dat Tione and Tiona skinship with Bell :3 Aiz even got jelly a bit there :3

Ryu sure has some nice thighs :L

And Welf seems to have some struggles now. I wonder if he'll make one?

I wonder where Beite was?
Jun 12, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2012
pretty anti climatic, but a decent episode, hestia blocking any romance progression like a boss
Jun 12, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
you can count on hestia to be obnoxious and cockblock

Jun 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Jan 2015
Hestia plz don't interfere with the BellxAiz moments from now on so annoying. Other than that great first half. Is this how it goes in the LN? Because I was hoping to get an epic moment of Bell vs Goliath.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
That was worse than trash.
Jun 12, 2015 1:22 PM
Nov 2010
That running scene was pretty intense though yelling run and run over again seemed a bit uninventive for the time he spent running.

I really liked the progression for the smith and the flashback at the end. Seeing Aiz again was alright though I wish he would've mentioned how he used her training for the minotaur fight. Maybe he will next episode *shrugs*

Plus they didn't really mention elaborate on why the Gods can't go down in the dungeon. Why bother wasting production to mention it at all if it doesn't become a factor later on. A lot of loose ends. Hopefully they'll tie it up by the end of the season.

All in all the action piece for the last and current episode was good.
Jun 12, 2015 1:25 PM
Sep 2012
I love this anime, but I thought this episode was shit and that the ending of escaping to safety was lame. I'll take my words back if Bell fights the Goliath. I mean I was so excited because I thought he was gonna fight the thing (I mean realistically, he would've lost because he's exhausted, but c'mon). Kinda like how I was super hyped when he that baby dragon appeared; only for it to be killed by a single shot.
Jun 12, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:
Hestia plz don't interfere with the BellxAiz moments from now on so annoying. Other than that great first half. Is this how it goes in the LN? Because I was hoping to get an epic moment of Bell vs Goliath.

You wouldn't have gotten an epic moment. Seeing a completely exhausted level 2 Bell VS a boss-type level 4 (since that type of monsters are 2 level above the level they spawn) had no chance to give you something epic. Even Ryu and Asufi didn't kill the monster and just passed him, for a reason. The only fight you would get out of that is "Bell transformed into pulp in a matter of seconds", and end of Danmachi's story.

You're going to get an epic fight. Not the one yo uwere hoping for, but one far more epic. We're in the middle of the arc right now, the end is the 13th episode. So obviously, the epic fight is at the end of the volume, not right in the middle.
Jun 12, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see everyone is safe.

Tione and Tiona grow interesting in Bell.
Jun 12, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was good to see everyone is safe.

Tione and Tiona grow interesting in Bell.

Tione has a crush on Finne, so no Tione here.
Jun 12, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
Apparently its insane easy to pick up girls in a dungeon.
Plot, what?
If you turn off your brain for the duration you might even like it...
Jun 12, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
AlexGK said:
Apparently its insane easy to pick up girls in a dungeon.
Plot, what?

Actually, they're pretty much interested abotu having him confess how the hell did he have all his stats at S. Although it seems Tiona really IS interested in Bell, Tione loves Finne. As for Aiz, she mostly is interested in the stats part as well, especially the SS.
Not as easy as you would have thought , heh~?
Jun 12, 2015 1:39 PM

Mar 2010
anyone thought of one piece? when bell stops in front of aiz?
Jun 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Haha that date ending. Harem op
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Jun 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
bobzanny said:

You wouldn't have gotten an epic moment. Seeing a completely exhausted level 2 Bell VS a boss-type level 4 (since that type of monsters are 2 level above the level they spawn) had no chance to give you something epic. Even Ryu and Asufi didn't kill the monster and just passed him, for a reason. The only fight you would get out of that is "Bell transformed into pulp in a matter of seconds", and end of Danmachi's story.

You're going to get an epic fight. Not the one yo uwere hoping for, but one far more epic. We're in the middle of the arc right now, the end is the 13th episode. So obviously, the epic fight is at the end of the volume, not right in the middle.

Well I was more wondering if the whole next episode is downtime as well. Which it seems it might be then pick up at the end. And there's only what 8 volumes on release atm? So the possibility of a second season is nonexistent.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 12, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
That was one creepy Titan- I mean Boss creature right there.

Just two more episodes to go, I'm going to miss this, this is like my guilty pleasure this season
Jun 12, 2015 1:55 PM

Jul 2010
That really was cutting it close for the boss to have respawned. Imagining how Bell was actually lucky to not meet mobs that are fast and high in numbers, as there would be just no way for him to even defend while bringing the two along.

Interesting to see how floor 18 is a safe haven and a town even exist there.
Jun 12, 2015 1:58 PM

May 2015
HESTIA gtfo my ship demn
Jun 12, 2015 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
Epic face plants once again as expected of Bell.
Jun 12, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2015
my exact thoughts upon seeing Goliath: "EREN FUCKING YEAGER?!"
Jun 12, 2015 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:
Zefyris said:

Well I was more wondering if the whole next episode is downtime as well. Which it seems it might be then pick up at the end. And there's only what 8 volumes on release atm? So the possibility of a second season is nonexistent.

Volume 1 to 5 : around 1600p
volume 6 to 8 : around 1392p

(not counting side stories each time, assuming there is none in the volume 8 since I haven't that one, yet)
Volume 7 and 8 are far bigger, and due to 2 side stories, volume 4 was smaller than half of volume 7 (volume 8 being even bigger than the 7).

And the volume 9 is already announced for september.

Technically, considering how much they are rushing through things, there was already enough material for 3 cours while rushign less. THere is still what is necessary for a second cours later in the year even by rushing as stupidly as they did this time a second time as well.
It should pick up around half way through the next episode and rise and rise againin tension until the end after that.
ZefyrisJun 12, 2015 2:11 PM
Jun 12, 2015 2:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
IceTaKu said:
my exact thoughts upon seeing Goliath: "EREN FUCKING YEAGER?!"

Same here. Giants will never be the same for me.

It seems that Bell is finally doing what it says he would in the title of the show. I bet those sisters will join the harem too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 12, 2015 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, had a good development, but I thought I would have a little more action, well, Bell was fine at first, how much determining to carry his companions for the Dungeon

I look forward to adaptation of the next episodes, the anime is certainly already among the best of the season ..
Jun 12, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah I agree with people. The Goliath seemed like a titan who ended up in the wrong anime. Well, at least they were reunited. Although, that was anticlimatic for me. Haha, I thought Bell would have to fight the Goliath on his own or maybe with Aiz and the Loki familia members. Oh well
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.