Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 14, 2015 10:37 PM

Mar 2008
I don't think you got the fight at all. Jotaro clearly says that he prepared the magazines while Dio was in the store with his leg cut off (and just look where he is after falling off). He technically knew The World's power before the fight, even if for some seconds, but he could just got the magnets from his wallet, like Dio said. Also, Jotaro used the trick to catch The World's off guard, as Dio was clearly not expecting him to move, and so he had the advantage. And he didn't see his hand moving but listened; that's why they made the sound of it so loud.

The OVA is practically the same with him flying and the pacing. I know that there's a lot of people who prefer the scale and the animation of the OVAs, but c'mon. At least make a fair comparison.
OverkilledRedJun 14, 2015 10:44 PM

Jun 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Apr 2014
I'm really hyped for the final episode, it's gonna be awesome/funny/sad at the same time, and PLEASE BASED DAVID PRO. PLEASE DON'T FORGET : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRRAgAjGTo
Jun 15, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
TenNoHao said:
I'm really hyped for the final episode, it's gonna be awesome/funny/sad at the same time, and PLEASE BASED DAVID PRO. PLEASE DON'T FORGET : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRRAgAjGTo

I wouldn't hold your breath. The licensing on Beatles songs is a nightmare and absurdly expensive.
Jun 15, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
Royce said:
- Jotaro carrying books in his clothes before the fight despite him not knowing Dio's power or Dio counter attacking by using knives

He put magazines in his clothes BECAUSE he didn't know Dio's power. Only Kakyoin and Joseph found out that The World was a short ranged Stand before he confronted Dio. He probably put those into his clothes while he was with Polnareff.

Royce said:
- Jotaro using the magnet trick even though before the fight he didn't know Dio's power

Did you miss the part where Joseph told Jotaro what it was and Jotaro goaded Dio into punching him for a longer period of time so that he wouldn't use time stop immediately?

Royce said:
- Dio seeing Jotaro's hand twitch even though he was looking at Polnareff

He specifically says that he "heard" a noise.
Jun 15, 2015 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Fadeout4 said:
TenNoHao said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. The licensing on Beatles songs is a nightmare and absurdly expensive.

Oh yeah, you're right :/
Jun 15, 2015 9:20 AM

Mar 2008
Geez, I thought it was obvious that Jotaro put the magazines minutes before the confrotation with the knives when I read the manga. But the anime made it even more clear adding this scene:

And I just checked the manga... Yep, he clearly says it.

OverkilledRedJun 15, 2015 9:39 AM

Jun 15, 2015 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Royce said:
- Jotaro carrying books in his clothes before the fight despite him not knowing Dio's power or Dio counter attacking by using knives

He put magazines in his clothes BECAUSE he didn't know Dio's power. Only Kakyoin and Joseph found out that The World was a short ranged Stand before he confronted Dio. He probably put those into his clothes while he was with Polnareff.

Royce said:
- Jotaro using the magnet trick even though before the fight he didn't know Dio's power

Did you miss the part where Joseph told Jotaro what it was and Jotaro goaded Dio into punching him for a longer period of time so that he wouldn't use time stop immediately?

Royce said:
- Dio seeing Jotaro's hand twitch even though he was looking at Polnareff

He specifically says that he "heard" a noise.

Seriously that was the worst list of complaints ever. Not even one made sense.

IMO everything about this series is better than OVA, art style, OST, voice acting, not to mention staying completely faithful to the manga without changing anything. I don't understand how anyone could like OVA better, this is a perfect adaption with the art style and color changes etc completely true to Araki's style and art philosophy.

I don't understand all the complaints about the art in this part. Its perfect IMO especially after I went back and watched all 3 DIO' World eps back to back I could really see how good the qood the art is. It is phenomenal. Any minor mstakes can be fixed for the blu ray.

The absolute ONLY thing I liked better in OVA was when Jotaro had his heart stopped DIO listened for a lot longer or his heartbeat so it made it a bit more suspenseful because his heart was stopped so long. But that is minor compared to how much better everything else was in this series.

Love that DIO theme that played when he was talking about his knife plan.
Jun 15, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
GarudaAiacos said:
I don't understand all the complaints about the art in this part. Its perfect IMO especially after I went back and watched all 3 DIO' World eps back to back I could really see how good the qood the art is. It is phenomenal. Any minor mstakes can be fixed for the blu ray.

All the art issues people are complaining about take place during high speed moments that are only on screen for a frame or two. It's ridiculous. People will bitch about anything. It's especially ironic considering the OVAs had their fare share of derpy art issues as well.
Jun 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
the fuck?! they're flying now with some sort of a super saiyan aura and Mortal Kombat xray moment
Jun 15, 2015 10:19 PM

Oct 2010
Whoo, hold your horse everybody. I still enjoyed the tv fight with Dio, but I just don't like it better then the OAV fight. Art and animation on the tv for Dio is not that bad, but it's far from great for it to be biggest fight for part 3.

Why is being faithful to the manga ways a plus to a lot people? That's like saying that the first full metal alchemist was bad because it did not follow the manga. The stuff that the OAV changed did not effect the story in any major way. OAV wasn't trying to skip part of the manga, it was trying to alternate the part they felt didn't make sense logically to them or didn't make sense mood wise (because OAV took a more serious tone to it).

1. In the OAV Jotaro did not fly, he was jumping or getting knock around
2. How did Dio hear Jotaro hand move over the walking sound of the cops
3. Why did Jotaro even have magnets and outside of this fight what use did he have for those magnets. It happen to be in his pocket just in case he fight somebody who can freeze time.

Sorry, I did miss that were he said that he stuff the books in his shirt while Dio's leg was cut. I still think the idea of the wooden brace is better than idea of the books protecting Jotaro from knives. I think this fight could be almost another episode longer, I didn't even get the chance to feel bad for kakyoin.

Not complaining, but giving my own constructive criticism.
Still love the tv series though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2015 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
Royce said:
Whoo, hold your horse everybody. I still enjoyed the tv fight with Dio, but I just don't like it better then the OAV fight. Art and animation on the tv for Dio is not that bad, but it's far from great for it to be biggest fight for part 3.

Why is being faithful to the manga ways a plus to a lot people? That's like saying that the first full metal alchemist was bad because it did not follow the manga. The stuff that the OAV changed did not effect the story in any major way. OAV wasn't trying to skip part of the manga, it was trying to alternate the part they felt didn't make sense logically to them or didn't make sense mood wise (because OAV took a more serious tone to it).

3. Why did Jotaro even have magnets and outside of this fight what use did he have for those magnets. It happen to be in his pocket just in case he fight somebody who can freeze time.

Sorry, I did miss that were he said that he stuff the books in his shirt while Dio's leg was cut. I still think the idea of the wooden brace is better than idea of the books protecting Jotaro from knives. I think this fight could be almost another episode longer, I didn't even get the chance to feel bad for kakyoin.

1. But in manga he did
2. Hes a vampire he has good hearing? Jotaro knew polnareff was about to get killed so he specifically moved his fingers to get DIO on edge and get his attention back focused on Jotaro. He WANTED him to hear it.
3. DIO said it looked like a magnet that might have been in a wallet or something. He removed them from his wallet and stuck one on his pocket and another on DIOs

also, being faithful to manga is usually better. I prefer FMA Brotherhood which follows manga exactly much more than the original FMA.
Jun 16, 2015 5:12 AM

May 2014
[size=85]Wow there's a vid already and damn my ovaries couldn't wait for the part 4 teaser anymore (if ever there really would be an adaptation)

Jun 16, 2015 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
BL said:
[size=85]Wow there's a vid already and damn my ovaries couldn't wait for the part 4 teaser anymore (if ever there really would be an adaptation)

With all the hype JoJo is generating now a days in Japan and worldwide I think it'd be quite silly of DP not to at least adapt up to part 6.

That would give us years of JoJo.
Jun 16, 2015 9:13 AM

Feb 2013
Royce said:

The OVA's version of this battle is great and all, but I just don't get the same feeling of Araki-style hamminess. Stuff like DIO punching cats into peoples' food, him asking a lady to bring his leg and Jotaro appearing inside of a manhole inexplicably help. Plus the seiyuu in this TV series are much much better in my opinion, especially DIO
Jun 16, 2015 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Royce said:

1. It sure did look like he was flying, tho. The TV series just didn't care to explain or to make it look like some sort of high jump.

2. Now you're just being picky for sake of it and ruining your fun. And you can say that Dio was just being over cautious with Jotaro.

3. Some wallets have magnets for money clips and stuff like that. And again, no need to be so picky with things like that. They add to the fun of the battle and that's just how JoJo works.

Jun 16, 2015 2:45 PM

May 2014
So if i remember correctly, someone posted on a forum about how you could spot The World in the OP (not sure if all of every episode since i checked myself) but i wonder if it was true? If it was it would totally fit what happened in this opening.
Jun 16, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2014
Icarusu said:
So if i remember correctly, someone posted on a forum about how you could spot The World in the OP (not sure if all of every episode since i checked myself) but i wonder if it was true? If it was it would totally fit what happened in this opening.

Only an outline, but yeah.

Jun 16, 2015 8:16 PM

May 2014
Royce said:

1- Dio flew in the OVA countless times , for example the boat scene.
2- Jotaro scratched the ground and vampires have strong hearing senses.
3- Magnet is from his wallet.

Wooden Braces may protect better but it's a bit harder to find some , not to mention how would he stuff a brace to his hat ? he didn't right ? which is weird.

As far as the episode went this episode is better than the 10 minutes maybe that the OVA had for this part , the crazy part *Next Episode* should be compared to the rest of that OVA episode.

As for art even though this will be fixed in BDs as always , and the animation was good in my opinion , even though the OVA has superior animation the designs were too ugly

Problem with the OVA is that it is too serious in a non serious show . Also Kakyoin got a way better looking death scene in the TV series.
AkabawiJun 16, 2015 8:19 PM
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jun 16, 2015 8:41 PM

Dec 2010
Of course they have an OP villain to combat the OP MC. And of course the MC is not as OP as the villiain, so they make him go super saiyan so he can be just as OP. Meanwhile, the guy who saved the whole world decades ago and also the most experienced never gets stronger and stays the weakest fighter of all right up to the end, never getting a chance to shine. Just asspull after asspull in favor of the MC.

Fuck this part. I knew it wouldn't top part 2.
NobotyJun 16, 2015 8:45 PM

This is a signature, You are a reader of this signature reading that the signature is telling you that you are a person reading the signature telling you that the person who made this signature wanted you to know that you read that this signature is being read by the person who is reading the signature telling them all about the signature being read by you
Jun 16, 2015 9:17 PM

May 2014
Noboty said:
Of course they have an OP villain to combat the OP MC. And of course the MC is not as OP as the villiain, so they make him go super saiyan so he can be just as OP. Meanwhile, the guy who saved the whole world decades ago and also the most experienced never gets stronger and stays the weakest fighter of all right up to the end, never getting a chance to shine. Just asspull after asspull in favor of the MC.

Part 2 aka the part were no one does anything except joseph the inexperienced fighter ?
AkabawiJun 16, 2015 9:22 PM
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jun 16, 2015 10:02 PM

Dec 2010
Akabawi said:
Noboty said:

Part 2 aka the part were no one does anything except joseph the inexperienced fighter ?
Yes, I'll take that part that has the inexperienced-yet-clever protagonist over the part that has the inexperienced but absurdly overpowered protagonist that does 99.99 percent of the work.

P.S: The Zeppeli of part 2 was more than capable of winning Joseph's fights; his style of fighting was tougher for Wham to defend against, even. Wham even noted that Cars would've struggled more than he did. He just made a costly mistake. Meanwhile, there is NO ONE close Jotaro's level on his team.
NobotyJun 16, 2015 10:20 PM

This is a signature, You are a reader of this signature reading that the signature is telling you that you are a person reading the signature telling you that the person who made this signature wanted you to know that you read that this signature is being read by the person who is reading the signature telling them all about the signature being read by you
Jun 16, 2015 10:29 PM

Jan 2015
The opening was so good tbh. Man, I can't believe its almost over, I really hope we get part 4...
Jun 16, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2014
Noboty said:
Akabawi said:

Yes, I'll take that part that has the inexperienced-yet-clever protagonist over the part that has the inexperienced but absurdly overpowered protagonist that does 99.99 percent of the work.

P.S: The Zeppeli of part 2 was more than capable of winning Joseph's fights; his style of fighting was tougher for Wham to defend against, even. Wham even noted that Cars would've struggled more than he did. He just made a costly mistake. Meanwhile, there is NO ONE close Jotaro's level on his team.

Yet everyone contributed in their own fights , jotaro was way more experienced when he met Dio , jotaro's power was foreshadowed and jotaro relied the whole fight on trickery , in fact a lot of tricks he did Joseph did before in part 2 but it was even easier for joseph in that time since Dio is 10 times more cautious than whammu.
Kakyoin saved them a bunch of times , Joseph helped jotaro win Younger D'arby since jotaro is shit at games. Abdul saved Polnareff's life 4 times. Polnareff in that particular episode saved jotaro and vice versa. A lot of fights that jotaro won was due to some trick up his sleeve same as joseph , it's just that I know a lot of people hate his stoicness that they are unable to admit that he is pretty smart. Joseph won 3 fights outta 5 . And as for the OP what about Kars ? he was more OP , in fact at least jotaro can fight with the 1 moment thing and his reliance of trickery. Hell even Iggy helped.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jun 16, 2015 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
I swear, some people just love to hate on Part 3 because it's not Part 2. Joseph had his time to shine. He had his own story already. It's only natural that he takes a backseat to Jotaro for Part 3.
Jun 17, 2015 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
Noboty said:

I love people who actually comment and reply to threads without even thinking and don't understand how stupid they sound.
Jun 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
Noboty said:

Except Jotaro doesn't do all of the work. There are many times where the Crusaders are split up in order to defeat a Stand user.

On top of that, Joseph isn't on DIO's level. Only a Stand can defeat a Stand, and The World far outclasses Hermit Purple. He might be a talented strategist but he doesn't posses the the capacity to successfully fight DIO.

But please explain where the "asspulls" are.
Jun 17, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
Jazzy_Maz said:
Noboty said:

Except Jotaro doesn't do all of the work. There are many times where the Crusaders are split up in order to defeat a Stand user.

On top of that, Joseph isn't on DIO's level. Only a Stand can defeat a Stand, and The World far outclasses Hermit Purple. He might be a talented strategist but he doesn't posses the the capacity to successfully fight DIO.

But please explain where the "asspulls" are.

I like SC but just to play devil's advocate that's where some might be turned off (talking about how Joseph is a strategist but it gets overshadowed in SC due to it being Stand power vs. Stand power in a sense).

In regards to Jotaro not doing all the work I agree that everyone gets a little shine but at certain stretches I really questioned the writing. I thought the Alessi-Polnareff arc was great. Loved the shine and development he got those entire two episodes but then they end it with Jotaro randomly showing up for 3 minutes at the end and ORAORAORA'ing Alessi to end the arc. I thought stuff like that was lame. That was Polarneff's stretch and it should've been his fight to finish at the very least. There are times where things are written well character-wise and then there are those times where it's feels like the story forcefully defers to Jotaro to sell him to the audience when they don't really need to.
Jun 18, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2014
Kellhus said:
Dude what are you talking about? Jotaro flies in the OVA, Star Platinum having the same powers as The World is the entire point of the fight, Jotaro was told about DIO's power by Joseph, and it's specifically shown in both the manga and the anime that DIO hears Jotaro scratch the pavement, not sees it.

The pacing is just as bad in the OVA in addition to it skipping crucial scenes, and the horrendous character designs all but cancel out the animation quality (which isn't very impressive to begin with). Also it's really annoying how people applaud Joseph's ludicrous moments like pulling out a machine gun and grenades, but then say Jotaro having magnets and the book armor is unacceptable. This kind of stuff is what the Joestars and the series are all about.

this
kill yourself
Jun 18, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2014
[quote=Noboty][quote=Akabawi]
Noboty said:

pls drop jojos and fuck off we don't need people like you in this community
kill yourself
Jun 18, 2015 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
Ken_of_Hokuto said:
Dexthepleb said:
holy shit are you fuckers every happy

My good sir, I am actually enjoying this series.

The fact that I found one episode kinda bad (and not like The Sun bad - that was fucking terrible), doesn't mean I am not enjoying it overall. I just compared it to something that I feel did a better job adapting one thing - likewise, the OVA did a worse job adapting the Vanilla Ice fight, and the series exceeded my expectations.

Also, at the same time one could complain about people never being happy, one could also make the case here that "are you people ever sad?", due to plenty of OMG THIS IS AWESOME BEST EPISODE every single week... No need to be uptight about opinions, it's not like I'm being absolutely mad about the characters' color schemes.

yea my bad its just tiring seeing the same complaints
huh
Jun 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
Noboty said:

Wow.

I can't describe how stupid you sound. SC onwards, every character in the main team helps and wins fights every now and then, and the main JoJo sometimes does not even participate in said fight, in contrast with Parts 1 and 2, where EVERY SINGLE FIGHT is won by the JoJo

But, let's run them down

Hierophant Green: Jotaro wins
Tower of Grey: Kakyoin wins
Silver Chariot: Avdol wins
Dark Blue Moon: Jotaro wins
Strength : Jotaro wins
Ebony Devil: Polnareff wins
Yellow Temperance: Jotaro wins
Emperor and Hanged Man: Kakyoin and Polnareff win
Empress: Joseph wins
Wheel of Fortune: Jotaro wins
Justice: Jotaro wins
Lovers: Group Effort by Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff and Joseph
Sun: Jotaro wins, but it was just throwing a rock. Plus everybody else noticed.
Death Thirteen: Kakyoin wins
Judgement: Polnareff and Avdol win
High Priestess: Jotaro wins
N'Doul: Jotaro wins, with Iggy's 'help'
Oingo Boingo: Ahm…nobody wins, I guess. They end up losing by themselves.
Anubis: Polnareff wins the first fight, Jotaro wins second one
Mariah: Avdol and Joseph win
Alessi: Jotaro and Polnareff, I guess…
D'arby the Gambler: Jotaro wins
Hol Horse and Boingo: They lose by themselves again
Pet Shop: Iggy
D'arby The Player: Jotaro and Joseph win
Vanilla Ice: Polnaref and Iggy
DIO: Jotaro, thanks to Kakyoin and Joseph who found out and alerted him of The World's power

So, There are 27 fights in SC and Jotaro plays a big role in 15 of them. It means he is important in slightly above 50% (~55,5%) of the enemy defeats in his own part. Even if you stretch and consider him key in the defeat of HOL HORSE BOINGO KOMBI~~~~~, he is still only slightly below 60%(Aprox. 59%, btw), so it means that he is not an 'absurdly overpowered protagonist who does 99.99% of the work'. Yes, he ends up being the Crusader with the most exposition (Kakyoin gets 18,5%, Avdol gets 11%, Joseph gets 18,5%, Iggy gets 7% and Polnareff gets 26%), but it's understandable since he is the protagonist. In some fights he is kinda shoehorned in (Alessi) but if there's something you can't complain is the he does everything.
Jun 18, 2015 4:33 PM

Dec 2010
delkf said:
Noboty said:

Wow.

I can't describe how stupid you sound. SC onwards, every character in the main team helps and wins fights every now and then, and the main JoJo sometimes does not even participate in said fight, in contrast with Parts 1 and 2, where EVERY SINGLE FIGHT is won by the JoJo

But, let's run them down

DIO: Jotaro, thanks to Kakyoin and Joseph who found out and alerted him of The World's power

So, There are 27 fights in SC and Jotaro plays a big role in 15 of them. It means he is important in slightly above 50% (~55,5%) of the enemy defeats in his own part. Even if you stretch and consider him key in the defeat of HOL HORSE BOINGO KOMBI~~~~~, he is still only slightly below 60%(Aprox. 59%, btw), so it means that he is not an 'absurdly overpowered protagonist who does 99.99% of the work'. Yes, he ends up being the Crusader with the most exposition (Kakyoin gets 18,5%, Avdol gets 11%, Joseph gets 18,5%, Iggy gets 7% and Polnareff gets 26%), but it's understandable since he is the protagonist. In some fights he is kinda shoehorned in (Alessi) but if there's something you can't complain is the he does everything.

The 99 percent thing was hyperbole. I concede that. However, tell me: in those fights won by others, how many of them would Jotaro have NOT singlehandedly won if he were there? The only ones he truly would not have own against is Death 13, Atum, Thoth, The World, and Lovers. All the other fights would NOT have been won by Jotaro if he were to face them in place of his teammates? There is nothing unique about his friend's stands that made only them able to fight who they did, Jotaro was just not written to be there. Star Platinum is at least just as fast as Silver chariot; he could've pummeled The Hanged Man in Chariot's Place and done it better since Platinum has more strength. Judgement doesn't have an aversion to physical attacks, Magician's Red isn't the only match for it; Jotaro easily could've beaten it in place of Advol if the writer willed it. Jotaro could have beaten every stand (minus the five I mentioned) alone. Faster and with less effort, at that. That is what I meant by "overpowered." Him not being present at those battles does not make his stand any less so, especially when he's had his stand the least amount of time in the group and has had no training with it. It would've been fine with me with him such strength if he had trained to be the strong, but he hasn't. He starts out as one of the most powerful stand users ever, eclipsing Kakyokin, Avdol, and Polnareff who have all had theirs for years. That is what annoyed me throughout Part 3. The current fight with Dio just makes it worse by giving Jotaro new abilities out of nowhere. Star finger made sense. It was just focusing his stand's powers into one point. Being suddenly able to fly and stop time, meanwhile does not make sense. He didn't demonstrate any inkling of having those abilities before. He has them just because. I finds such story developments boring.
NobotyJun 18, 2015 5:44 PM

Jun 18, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
The only fights I can think of where Jotaro's opness was a problem were the ones with Hierophant Green (no sells Emerald Splash and then wins), Justice, and High Priestess.

The whole being able to fly thing doesn't really matter, it didn't give him the edge over DIO at all and doesn't really change the whole dynamic of their showdown much. Just a weird stylistic choice.

Noboty said:
He didn't demonstrate any inkling of having those abilities before. He has them just because. I finds such story developments boring.

His stand's ability to stop bullets at point blank range may have been a result of him stopping time without even noticing. Might be giving the author too much credit but it's not that hard to buy.
Jun 18, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Calling Joseph a strategist is quite the overstatement. Dear lord, he is overrated.
Jun 18, 2015 7:24 PM
May 2015
Noboty said:
delkf said:

Wow.

But, let's run them down

The 99 percent thing was hyperbole. I concede that. However, tell me: in those fights won by others, how many of them would Jotaro have NOT singlehandedly won if he were there? The only ones he truly would not have own against is Death 13, Atum, Thoth, The World, and Lovers. All the other fights would NOT have been won by Jotaro if he were to face them in place of his teammates? There is nothing unique about his friend's stands that made only them able to fight who they did, Jotaro was just not written to be there. Star Platinum is at least just as fast as Silver chariot; he could've pummeled The Hanged Man in Chariot's Place and done it better since Platinum has more strength. Judgement doesn't have an aversion to physical attacks, Magician's Red isn't the only match for it; Jotaro easily could've beaten it in place of Advol if the writer willed it. Jotaro could have beaten every stand (minus the five I mentioned) alone. Faster and with less effort, at that. That is what I meant by "overpowered." Him not being present at those battles does not make his stand any less so, especially when he's had his stand the least amount of time in the group and has had no training with it. It would've been fine with me with him such strength if he had trained to be the strong, but he hasn't. He starts out as one of the most powerful stand users ever, eclipsing Kakyokin, Avdol, and Polnareff who have all had theirs for years. That is what annoyed me throughout Part 3. The current fight with Dio just makes it worse by giving Jotaro new abilities out of nowhere. Star finger made sense. It was just focusing his stand's powers into one point. Being suddenly able to fly and stop time, meanwhile does not make sense. He didn't demonstrate any inkling of having those abilities before. He has them just because. I finds such story developments boring.

lol jotaro is the strongest because he knows hamon! joseph mention your stand is powered by breathing, and through the trip he naturally unlocked his hamon abilities so by the end of sc hes using a hamon infused star platinum to fly and stop time duh! thats why he does so much damage to dio
Jun 18, 2015 7:52 PM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Calling Joseph a strategist is quite the overstatement. Dear lord, he is overrated.
He's more like a street magician to me
Jun 19, 2015 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
[quote=gedata]
tsudecimo said:
He's more like a street magician to me[/quote

That's really his charm imo. They allude to that element in part 2's ending vs. Kars. He's not really supposed to be portrayed as a super genius but a cunning street-smart type. He's never been the strongest. It was never about power with his character. Jonathan was 2 or 3 times the Hamon user Joseph was but it wasn't always about "look at this strong technique" or power vs. power. Quite often it was him using bootleg street tactics or getting creative strategically with what he had to overcome obstacles. Not in every case of course but quite often I'd say.
Jun 24, 2015 8:01 AM

May 2012
Oh shit this is epic! Really looking forward to see what the last episode will offer us, but compared to the OVA's this is just amazing!
Jul 5, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
Noboty said:
delkf said:

Wow.

But, let's run them down

1. His stand can't fly. That whole floating thing was just a stylistic choice.
2. Lisa Lisa, Joseph, and Caesar could've teamed up to defeat Wham if the author willed it. Did that bug you too?
3. I'm pretty sure that Jotaro wouldn't have been able to defeat Hanged man. It really didn't seem like Hanged man could get damaged by physical force. Jotaro couldn't defeat Vanilla ice, either. His stand wouldn't have been able to damage him without getting sucked into the Dark Dimension. He couldn't beat Tower of Gray, and whether he could beat Petshop or not is highly debatable.
4. There was an explanation in this episode that said why Jotaro didn't stop time before now. That's why he didn't do it before this episode.

Jul 13, 2015 5:21 PM

Feb 2015
Man it looked like Jotaro was flying now it looks weird.

I defiantly prefered the vanilla Ice fight over this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2015 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
man and here I thought Dio would finally die I guess putting him down will really take time. btw how can Jotaro more when Dio stops the time?
Jul 26, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
PrimeX said:
man and here I thought Dio would finally die I guess putting him down will really take time. btw how can Jotaro more when Dio stops the time?

Jotaro also has the power to stop time.

Aug 1, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
Fadeout4 said:
The whole Jonathan Stand theory seems like nonsense because Stands are physical manifestations of your fighting spirit. Jonathan's spirit is dead. It died when his brain died. And besides, it makes no sense for Jonathan and Joseph to have the exact same Stands. By that logic, Jotaro would have a Hermit Purple as well. Plus, the theory originates from Over Heaven, which is not canon. It's basically a glorified fanfic with Araki's artwork in it, lol.

Wait, if let just say it because of stolen abilities, doesn't that mean if Dio kill Jotaro, Dio The World will be gone too because The World power is from Star Platinum?

PrimeX said:

More?

-EDIT-
nvm, I think you mean move.
ZapredonAug 1, 2015 10:53 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
Zapredon said:
Fadeout4 said:
The whole Jonathan Stand theory seems like nonsense because Stands are physical manifestations of your fighting spirit. Jonathan's spirit is dead. It died when his brain died. And besides, it makes no sense for Jonathan and Joseph to have the exact same Stands. By that logic, Jotaro would have a Hermit Purple as well. Plus, the theory originates from Over Heaven, which is not canon. It's basically a glorified fanfic with Araki's artwork in it, lol.

Wait, if let just say it because of stolen abilities, doesn't that mean if Dio kill Jotaro, Dio The World will be gone too because The World power is from Star Platinum?

PrimeX said:

More?

-EDIT-
nvm, I think you mean move.

I don't think so, no.

Sep 19, 2015 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
The whole time stop thing doesn't make it much of an enjoyable fight tbh.
Nov 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
The whole time stop thing doesn't make it much of an enjoyable fight tbh.

Why do you feel this way?

Dec 20, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2008
that flying part was dumb as fuck.. same with the magazines Oo
Dec 20, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
Romeo said:
that flying part was dumb as fuck.. same with the magazines Oo
They weren't flying.

That was just a weird visual thing that they did to make that bit seem more epic.

Dec 28, 2015 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
the ost when HE hurt his legs was nice.

Feb 20, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
the modified opening was really awesome.
I also thought Jotaro was being pretty damn clever in battle.
Except now Dio's in his final form!

One episode left! totally hyped!
::End of Transmission::

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Jan 23, 2015

261 by Yvel_33 »»
Feb 1, 6:20 AM

» big brain moment...

locosmundo - Jan 22

18 by kazuyadao »»
Jan 31, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.