Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
GrandTemplar said:
No, she's a nice girl. She will support Yukino and 8man, even it's awkward, she has a decent social skills.

Though, to be frank, I would rather have a yandare ending than a milquetoast ending to this series. Granted everyone needs to experience more life before making any permanent decisions, but this show isn't reality, and of all stories, this one needs to have the MC make up his mind. An open ending would diminish Hachiman, and that is not acceptable.

How about an ending where he gets with no one definitively? That's well within his character.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 11, 2015 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
bobzanny said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Though, to be frank, I would rather have a yandare ending than a milquetoast ending to this series. Granted everyone needs to experience more life before making any permanent decisions, but this show isn't reality, and of all stories, this one needs to have the MC make up his mind. An open ending would diminish Hachiman, and that is not acceptable.

How about an ending where he gets with no one definitively? That's well within his character.

Tbh this is the best ending for me.
Jun 11, 2015 7:14 PM
Oct 2012
bobzanny said:

But that sort of is the problem. I can accept a "no one" decision in most other stories, but the entire premise of this series is Hachiman's refusal to to even try to have a relationship. To end this series without his wanting to change, and change in a positive way, negates the story.

I want to stress that I really don't care who he ships. Hell, even Hayato would be fine with me. But aesthetically, this is the one series that demands a resolution. To not provide one would, frankly, suck.
Jun 11, 2015 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
bobzanny said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Yeah, that's good. Yandere ending is not bad either. At least, I want too see 8man changes his personality. However, it doesn't mean that he must to choose who he wants to hook up.
Jun 11, 2015 7:20 PM
Jun 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
bobzanny said:

But that sort of is the problem. I can accept a "no one" decision in most other stories, but the entire premise of this series is Hachiman's refusal to to even try to have a relationship. To end this series without his wanting to change, and change in a positive way, negates the story.

I want to stress that I really don't care who he ships. Hell, even Hayato would be fine with me. But aesthetically, this is the one series that demands a resolution. To not provide one would, frankly, suck.

+1

That would truly show the growth of his character.
Jun 11, 2015 7:21 PM
Jun 2015
GrandTemplar said:
Bluforce said:

Fair enough, I was just thinking hypothetically. You're definitely right though.

Btw was that last line hinting at yandere Yui?

No, she's a nice girl. She will support Yukino and 8man, even it's awkward, she has a decent social skills.

I was just making a joke btw :p
Jun 11, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
bobzanny said:

But the context of relationship doesn't always have to be a romantic one. What Hachiman fear in the first place wasn't only a romantic relationship, but social relationship in general. His genuine speech clearly shows this.

At least that's how i interpret him
Jun 11, 2015 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
Bluforce said:
That would truly show the growth of his character.

Writing ultimately is a verb. I leave it up to the writer to imagine which verb, but ultimately I demand the verb!
Jun 11, 2015 7:27 PM
Jun 2015
Since the premise of the title is for romance to be born out of a situation where one did not expect in a linear fashion, to conclude the series Hachiman will be with someone I would imagine.
Jun 11, 2015 7:29 PM
Oct 2012
LordBanana said:
But the context of relationship doesn't always have to be a romantic one. What Hachiman fear in the first place wasn't only a romantic relationship, but social relationship in general. His genuine speech clearly shows this.

I will have to disagree. From the first episode where they showed Hachiman being rejected in asking someone out, this show has made it clear that it is specifically being denied romantically that is the driver (and the title of this series confirms this).

I know I may sound like a nitpicker or even an idiot, but I do need to stress that I am fine with ambiguous endings in 99.9% of stories. But this one is the exception. The writer decided to make ambiguous the theme of the series, which is cool, it is what makes this story interesting, however the price is that he has to give us a resolution. To not provide one, for this story, will invalidate the story.
Jun 11, 2015 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
Just saying but... Totsuka looks like a queer when he's running, it's painful to watch.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 11, 2015 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
This episode made me really happy for Yukino yet my heart broke for Yui. I like both of them so much that I always thought I would be happy for one of them and I would equally be sad for the other if we were to reach a definite ending. But, this episode really hit me hard despite all the emotional preparation.

I loved every second Yukino and Hachiman spent in the infirmary. Yet that split second expression of Yui made me incredibly sad, knowing that she did so much to make Hachiman notice her feelings, her every action screamed "I Love You! Please notice!". If she could only say those words, would Hachiman accept her feelings? We will probably never know. And now through a chain of events, it looks like she is on the verge of losing him to her best friend. If I don't feel anything about Yui, that will also mean I refuse to accept her existence as one of the most adorable characters ever in anime.

This is not White Album 2 damnit. T_T
shanimebibJun 11, 2015 7:57 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
LordBanana said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Exactly. Let's remember the first episode of S1. Hiratsuka gives Yukinon the request of making Hachiman more socially acceptable-paraphrasing. It's that Hachiman has to end in a relationship it's so that he can have bonds with other humans and not be so cynical.
From my perspective, this story has romance but it's not about romance, it's about adapting to society and accepting oneself to come out of their own shell.
Jun 11, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
LordBanana said:

I will have to disagree. From the first episode where they showed Hachiman being rejected in asking someone out, this show has made it clear that it is specifically being denied romantically that is the driver (and the title of this series confirms this).

I know I may sound like a nitpicker or even an idiot, but I do need to stress that I am fine with ambiguous endings in 99.9% of stories. But this one is the exception. The writer decided to make ambiguous the theme of the series, which is cool, it is what makes this story interesting, however the price is that he has to give us a resolution. To not provide one, for this story, will invalidate the story.

Well it's hinted in S2 and said in the LN that Hachiman only wanted the bonds that come from the relationship not the romance and that he most likely never truly liked someone which Hayato says that he's in the same boat.
Jun 11, 2015 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
What the hell.. Miura was supposed to hit Yukinoshita and then got owned! Rushed.. Omg.

But the infirmary scene saves the day. Yukinoshita in the lead!! Em so happy. But yui </3 i feel bad for her.. She's such a nice girl too.
Jun 11, 2015 9:28 PM
Jun 2015
bobzanny said:
LordBanana said:

Exactly. Let's remember the first episode of S1. Hiratsuka gives Yukinon the request of making Hachiman more socially acceptable-paraphrasing. It's that Hachiman has to end in a relationship it's so that he can have bonds with other humans and not be so cynical.
From my perspective, this story has romance but it's not about romance, it's about adapting to society and accepting oneself to come out of their own shell.

While you are certainly correct about the story focusing on the development of Yukino and 8man as people rather than romance, I feel that it would be even more fitting for 8man to discover that he can indeed have something he never thought possible: a genuine romantic relationship. This alludes nicely to the title of the series, with his RomCom being wrong as he had expected (it differs from the typical RomCom model).

Furthermore, I'm curious as to what gave you the impression that 8man is against the idea of having any sort of romantic relationship. He only stated that he had never truly "loved" someone to Hayato since it was merely a one-sided infatuation. If anything, he doesn't seem to be acting on the girls' advances simply because he's afraid of being hurt again like he was in the past.

I'm not trying to criticize your opinion, but it would help if you gave some more examples.

EDIT: Thanks coffee
BluforceJun 11, 2015 9:37 PM
Jun 11, 2015 9:32 PM
Jun 2015
Bluforce: technically it is Hachiman's romantic comedy being wrong, not his conception of a love comedy being wrong.
Jun 11, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2015
Bluforce said:
bobzanny said:

While you are certainly correct about the story focusing on the development of Yukino and 8man as people rather than romance, I feel that it would be even more fitting for 8man to discover that he can indeed have something he never thought possible: a genuine romantic relationship. This alludes nicely to the title of the series, with his conception of a RomCom being wrong as he had expected.

Furthermore, I'm curious as to what gave you the impression that 8man is against the idea of having any sort of romantic relationship. He only stated that he had never truly "loved" someone to Hayato since it was merely a one-sided infatuation. If anything, he doesn't seem to be acting on the girls' advances simply because he's afraid of being hurt again like he was in the past.

I'm not trying to criticize your opinion, but it would help if you gave some more examples.

Well the main reason are from reading the LN and most of his given dialogue, while funny, give insight to his views on women. But it should be mentioned that he does plan on getting married because his dream is to become a full fledged house husband.

Make no mistake though I do wish for Hachiman to end in a relationship (Iroha Plz) it's just that given his character and that this series is far different from the average romcom that Hachiman ending up with no one, yet having a sense of fulfillment is likely as well.
Jun 11, 2015 9:59 PM
Jun 2015
bobzanny said:

Well the main reason are from reading the LN and most of his given dialogue, while funny, give insight to his views on women. But it should be mentioned that he does plan on getting married because his dream is to become a full fledged house husband.

Make no mistake though I do wish for Hachiman to end in a relationship (Iroha Plz) it's just that given his character and that this series is far different from the average romcom that Hachiman ending up with no one, yet having a sense of fulfillment is likely as well.

Hmm, you should take into consideration that first person narratives by definition include unreliable narrators. The face value of the thoughts that flow through his head aren't necessarily representative of his actual wants and beliefs. If we were to go that route, you could easily argue that he's infatuatued with Yukino since he dedicates entire passages to her. Like I mentioned before, he may be trying to convince himself that women are "dangerous" simply because he's bitter of the past. He's also proven himself to be prone to change. Just look at the way he reacted in episode 8 and compare that to his S1E1 character.

I don't really understand the argument that the series should assert it's uniqueness by having 8man end up with no one. It just doesn't seem logical to head in that direction after the development that was built up.
Jun 11, 2015 10:25 PM

Jan 2015
Bluforce said:
bobzanny said:

Hmm, you should take into consideration that first person narratives by definition include unreliable narrators. The face value of the thoughts that flow through his head aren't necessarily representative of his actual wants and beliefs. If we were to go that route, you could easily argue that he's infatuatued with Yukino since he dedicates entire passages to her. Like I mentioned before, he may be trying to convince himself that women are "dangerous" simply because he's bitter of the past. He's also proven himself to be prone to change. Just look at the way he reacted in episode 8 and compare that to his S1E1 character.

I don't really understand the argument that the series should assert it's uniqueness by having 8man end up with no one. It just doesn't seem logical to head in that direction after the development that was built up.

I'd argue more than anything that the development that was built up is more for friendship than anything romantic. One first must understand the trials of a mutual friendship before moving on to anything more serious.

Looking back from the first episode Hachiman stated that it was about 2 years since he talked with a girl and that was a miscommunication. Now Hachiman has Toutska, a guy friend which is huge, Yui, Yukinon to an extent, and Iroha.

I think that the series is more about Hachiman finding friendship and breaking out of his cynical shell than finding a romantic partner.

Now with unreliable narrators, I give you that but there is some truth to his thoughts especially when he reflects by himself. You can argue that he is infatuated with Yukinon or you could argue that he is simply in awe of her presence especially when compared to himself.

And I don't think of it as a uniqueness that he ends up alone, more rather that it is extremely plausible given the starting aim of him joining the service club. And with the way the series has been handled him ending up with no one really wouldn't offput as many people as a typical romcom series would.
Jun 11, 2015 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
So does Iroha like Hachiman? She grabbed his shirt when he was in front of the door and she acted embarrassed when she saw Yui and Yukino.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 10:57 PM

Jan 2015
Eylandos said:
So does Iroha like Hachiman? She grabbed his shirt when he was in front of the door and she acted embarrassed when she saw Yui and Yukino.

Hmmmm debatable. I'm on the Iroha ship so I'm full steam ahead. But it could just be that she's flirty with Hachiman because it's entertaining to her but Yukinon scares her so as soon as Iroha saw her Iroha back the fuck off due to repercussions.
Jun 12, 2015 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Eylandos said:

After watched train scene and this, I'm sure she likes 8man.
Jun 12, 2015 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
Where can I download Episode 11 ??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
Just watched the raw. Well they did a good job with only a 24min time span but again A LOT of stuff was skipped , changed T_T why feel you gave vol 9 5 episodes and vol 10 gets only 1 and half episode. They did gave justice to the infirmary scene which i liked the most , the atmosphere in that scene was perfect but i would have liked it more if they had added some of 8man's monologue. WHY SO MUCH RUSH FEEL T_T !!!!!!Also judging by next episode preview they won't adapt volume 10.5 are they going for anime original ending ? Will Watari write the original content like he did for BB in season 1 ? A very good episode

5/5 Just because of the infirmary scene ;)
Jun 12, 2015 1:47 AM
Apr 2015
My assumption is that

Yukino quit following up Haruno's shadow

and instead following up Hachiman's shadow.

Talking about behavior
Jun 12, 2015 1:53 AM

Sep 2013
NoonSsa said:
My assumption is that

Yukino quit following up Haruno's shadow

and instead following up Hachiman's shadow.

Talking about behavior

No, she doesn't. She already said that she' going to have something that haruno and hikki don't have. She is trying her best to be independent.
Jun 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Jul 2010
weird
Jun 12, 2015 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
Jroflcopter said:
weird

Love is strange, you know?
Jun 12, 2015 3:33 AM
May 2015
Can anyone provide me with a link of the episode with english subs?
Jun 12, 2015 3:44 AM

Aug 2011
TheBuddahman said:

Horrible not out yet. Check tokyoshokan
Jun 12, 2015 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
TheBuddahman said:

Check your PM.
Jun 12, 2015 4:32 AM

Jan 2014
I seriously believe 8man would not leave the season with any girl. He will leave it with a genuine friendship however.
Jun 12, 2015 4:35 AM
May 2015
zeron824 said:
I seriously believe 8man would not leave the season with any girl. He will leave it with a genuine friendship however.

I dont think so cause the energy between him and Yukino is very different from actual friendship. Yui is still complicated cause he may think of her as a friend but she has a crush of him, therefore there is no genuine friendship there either.
Jun 12, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
TheBuddahman said:
zeron824 said:

I dont think so cause the energy between him and Yukino is very different from actual friendship. Yui is still complicated cause he may think of her as a friend but she has a crush of him, therefore there is no genuine friendship there either.

Yui situation is a fine example of a one-sided love. I believe that concept was touched on in this series as well.

Oh and in terms of Yukino having a genuine relationship with Hachiman, she said she's working on it...so....

(I know I didn't really completely back up my answer.)
Jun 12, 2015 4:50 AM
May 2015
Japanese fans say, this work seems to end with anime original ending.
Hachiman and Yokino will find something genuine ....END
But in Volume 11, Yui finally tries to confess to Hachiman.Story climax.
Jun 12, 2015 5:01 AM
Apr 2015
GrandTemplar said:
TheBuddahman said:

Check your PM.

Send me as well!!
Jun 12, 2015 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
Joshuaiwe said:
GrandTemplar said:

Check your PM.

Send me as well!!

Okay.

taroeatworld said:

Yui tries to confess? I bet she would suffer.
Jun 12, 2015 5:15 AM
Apr 2013
GrandTemplar said:

taroeatworld said:

Yui tries to confess? I bet she would suffer.

It is bound to happen sooner or later anyway, might as well do it during Valentine's Day I suppose. I will agree with your sentiments though, Yui will be rejected.
Jun 12, 2015 5:25 AM
Jun 2015
GrandTemplar said:
TheBuddahman said:

Check your PM.

send me too senpai.

thanks in advance
Jun 12, 2015 5:34 AM

May 2010
HeCOO said:
GrandTemplar said:

Check your PM.

send me too senpai.

thanks in advance

Me, me, me please!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 12, 2015 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
Confucius said:
HeCOO said:

send me too senpai.

thanks in advance

Me, me, me please!

Check your profile or PM please.
Jun 12, 2015 5:54 AM
Jun 2015
GrandTemplar said:
Confucius said:

Me, me, me please!

i need eng sub too senpai
Jun 12, 2015 6:20 AM
May 2015
zeron824 said:
TheBuddahman said:

Yui situation is a fine example of a one-sided love. I believe that concept was touched on in this series as well.

Oh and in terms of Yukino having a genuine relationship with Hachiman, she said she's working on it...so....

(I know I didn't really completely back up my answer.)

She already has said twice that they could never be friends :p
Jun 12, 2015 6:28 AM
May 2015
I have some questions concerning the whole situation:
-Wasnt something important about to go down with Yukino's mother at the end of the episode? I was sure this episode would continue with whatever was about to go down there but apparenly it just was to celebrate her birthday with her family?
-Does Yui and Yukino know that the other likes Hachiman too? If yes about when should have each realized?
-Whats the whole deal with Yukino living on her own? How is she even allowed to do so, i thought that this would be out of question for a minor.
-Is Hachiman trully unaware at this point that Yukino and/or Yui have feelings for him?
Jun 12, 2015 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
TheBuddahman said:
I have some questions concerning the whole situation:
-Wasnt something important about to go down with Yukino's mother at the end of the episode? I was sure this episode would continue with whatever was about to go down there but apparenly it just was to celebrate her birthday with her family?
-Does Yui and Yukino know that the other likes Hachiman too? If yes about when should have each realized?
-Whats the whole deal with Yukino living on her own? How is she even allowed to do so, i thought that this would be out of question for a minor.
-Is Hachiman trully unaware at this point that Yukino and/or Yui have feelings for him?
1. The scenario doesn't end at last episode some more events happen and they are described in depth in LN hence read it ;)
2. Yui's crush on 8man was obvious from season 1 but it's unknown weather Yukino is aware of her own feelings. Yui realises that something is going on between 8man and Yukino (her wanting to wear glasses after seeing 8man's reaction to Yukino) as for Yukino i don't think she is aware about Yui's feelings.
3. It's been foreshadowed that her relationship with her family (specially her mother) is very bad. Nothing more is stated in the LN either :( hence the eager waiting for vol 11 on 6/24
4.He is pretty much aware of Yui's feelings but not so much in case of Yukino.
Jun 12, 2015 6:48 AM

May 2010
Why did Hachiman need to isolte Hayama during the race? Because he thinks he won't talk to him in any other situation?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 12, 2015 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Confucius said:
Why did Hachiman need to isolte Hayama during the race? Because he thinks he won't talk to him in any other situation?

Yeah, it's the only chance to talk with him. Hayama won't answer if he ask in class or from message.
Jun 12, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2013
Confucius said:
Because by doing that he can talk alone with him without any interference, hence why he ask totsuka for help. This was not actually well explained in the anime but Totsuka's mision was to create some kind of human barrage/wall to maintain all the people behind them two, by doing this not only they cant talk without problem but also Hayama didn't need to run as fast as he can because there were no people tide to him except for Hikki, last one is just my guess doe :3
Jun 12, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2011
GrandTemplar said:
Confucius said:

Me, me, me please!

bro pm eng sub
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.