Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 11, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of focus on that cowgirl this week...

What I didn't expect is how crazy it got at some point especially in the second half:

Wasn't expecting this and that looked damn painful.
Jun 11, 2015 9:03 AM

Aug 2014
Sadly, the socks pervert aka Mo-tan disappeared (?). Too bad, I really sensed an affinity with her perversion for Nyan-tan socks

Jun 11, 2015 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
Did Mo-tan really die ;_; Will she be reincarnated like Uri-tan or is this really the last we'll see of her? Because while I really want her to come back what would be the point of breaking the Etotama itself, there wouldn't be a difference...if she comes back.

The flashback with Mo-tan and Nya-tan was really cute <3

And DAMN!!! Dat fight was friggin EPIC!! The CG in this series is one of the if not the best I've seen action scene wise. Amazing shit!!
Mo-tan is way stronger than I thought tbh. Dat drive when she held Chu-tan's neck and Knee and kicked her back all the way to the ground was BA! DAMN!!

So Chu-tan's actually tsundere for Nyatan but has something evil controlling her? That's what this ep seemed to imply. The pulling out Etotama scene was brutal T^T
Really hope Mo-tan comes back somehow. She was fun. She has to accomplish her dream of collecting those socks D:
Barion-ZaraJun 11, 2015 9:23 AM
Jun 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2015
Well there goes Mo-tan...
I wonder if she's gonna come back like Uri-tan
Jun 11, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
Well there we have an official death, that I'm pretty sure of. The seriousness of the cast implies that she really is dead. Not to mention that same technique is why nya-tan didn't reincarnate for a while and also why she lost her memories... So I'm guessing Mo-tan died so that there would still only be 12 at the end.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 11, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
Well, shit. Looks like we might have an actual death on our hands now, even though Mo-tan was pretty badass in the fight with Chu-tan. I wonder what it was that she did to Chu-tan just before disappearing though.
Jun 11, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2013
Noo Mo-tan..

Looks like she is destroyed for real this time.
Jun 11, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
So it looks like Chu-tan isn't being herself.
It's like she let's anger lead her for some reason and to me it seems she doesn't even know that reason herself.
Which makes me wonder what happened between Chu-tan and Nya-tan.
Jun 11, 2015 11:43 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Well, f***.... Moo-tan is gone... With that kind of deadly technique, Moo-tan really might have ended up destroyed for good. S**t.... ;___; And dahm, Moo-tan put up quite a fight against Chuu-tan too. I love her grappling and wrestling style moves...

I don't really want to say goodbye to the best female pervert ever.... ;______________; And then she returns at the end and I'll be delighted.
Jun 11, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
uran10 said:
Well there we have an official death, that I'm pretty sure of. The seriousness of the cast implies that she really is dead. Not to mention that same technique is why nya-tan didn't reincarnate for a while and also why she lost her memories... So I'm guessing Mo-tan died so that there would still only be 12 at the end.

Yeah I was thinking about whether or not Mo-tan will come back and this made total sense. After all, Chuu-tan stabbed Uri-tan in the head back in episode 3, so I'm guessing she was able to be reincarnated so quickly because her etotama wasn't damaged. We learned that Nya-tan's etotama was "injured", so it makes sense that it took Nya-tan a long time to reincarnate and she lost her memories. So I guess this means no Mo-tan anymore :( When the battle started I was thinking "oh I guess Mo-tan might die this episode" but then I remembered that they can be reincarnated so I wasn't worried at all. But then Chuu-tan somehow learned this godly technique. Mo-tan wasn't really one of my favorite characters but it's still sad to see a cast member die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
Mo-tan.... no...... it's a lie right? (it's not)
Jun 11, 2015 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
Well that sucks, Mo-tan's love for Nya-tan was really cute too in it's own way.

The fight scene was good, I really like the chibi stylings depicting a serious battle.

Shame she had to die, she was one of the better eto-shin.
Jun 11, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Mo-tan, she got destroyed.
Jun 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
Did Mo-tan just die?
For real? Are you serious?
The fuck? Ripping her heart out is not cool. =
Watch IDOLiSH7.
Jun 11, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
Rip in pepperoni Mo-tan :´(. Best girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't expect Mo-tan's death at the end. That battle was amazing though and she put up a great fight, but sadly godly technique trumps all but main character.

Hopefully she left Chuu-tan one hell of a going away present.
Jun 11, 2015 3:48 PM

Sep 2013
Well, that episode was WAY too serious! :(

I was so hoping they wouldn't make the horrible mistake of mixing "grown up" stuff with a wonderful comedy. It's usually a disaster, like in: Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san... ruined by "adult" content and senseless violence.

I still hope they pull through, Mo-tan did something at the end there, looks essential to the plot! :)
Jun 11, 2015 3:50 PM

Mar 2014
Dayum what an episode O_O

When the battle began it felt that Mo-tan was gonna die but then as we all know they don't really 'die' as they get reincarnated pretty quickly so I was a bit skeptical at first but then now with that new technique that supposedly destroys the Etotama itself, is basically a game changer (wonder if Mo-tan will somehow come back or is this really the end for her)

That battle was epic, for once we don't see a battle with Nya-tan but with two Eto-shins and what exactly did Mo-tan did to Chu-tan at the end there? Something tells me it'll bite her (Chu-tan) back when she finally faces Nya-tan.

Also I was wondering what the relationship is between Mo-tan and Chu-tan in this anime cause if you know the story of the Zodiac Race the Rat basically won because he rode the cow all the way to the finish line (so they're kinda like buddies or at least in the version I know of) but here they don't seem to have that much of a history together.

Overall great episode, feel sad for Mo-tan though T_T (really liked her character)
Jun 11, 2015 4:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Moo-tan's flashback with Nya-tan was really nice. That was probably the best part of the episode, which also served as a major death flag.

As much as I enjoyed Moo-tan's perverted gimmicks, I hope she stays dead. Since her Etotama has been completely destroyed, I don't see how she'll make a comeback unless an asspull occurs.

Seemed like she put a spell of sort on Chu-tan before disappearing, which I'm sure will be helpful to Nya-tan in the final battle. Well, I think she would breeze through without it anyways.

Above average episode. The eyecatch illustrations are still nice though.

Second Eyecatch

Jun 11, 2015 4:10 PM
Oct 2014
Vindstot said:
Moo-tan's flashback with Nya-tan was really nice. That was probably the best part of the episode, which also served as a major death flag.

As much as I enjoyed Moo-tan's perverted gimmicks, I hope she stays dead. Since her Etotama has been completely destroyed, I don't see how she'll make a comeback unless an asspull occurs.

Seemed like she put a spell of sort on Chu-tan before disappearing, which I'm sure will be helpful to Nya-tan in the final battle. Well, I think she would breeze through without it anyways.

Above average episode. The eyecatch illustrations are still nice though.

Second Eyecatch

To all who thinks Moo tan is dead permanently:
Knowing the mood of this anime and the theme/comedy it shows throughout its episodes, I doubt Moo tan is really going to stay dead. It's most likely different from Uri-tan's death, but not permanent.

I do agree that maybe Moo tan did something that will have an effect on Nyaa tan's battle against Chuu tan.
Jun 11, 2015 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
That was... brutal..
Jun 11, 2015 4:51 PM
Oct 2014
When Moo-tan claims that Chu-tan may actually "LOVE" Nyaa-tan during their fight, I was quite surprised. Chu-tan even admitted herself how her "LOVE" for Nyaa-tan got in her way of eliminating Nyaa-tan (leading to the possible reason why Nyaa-tan has amnesia).

Moo-tan's flashback of Nyaa-tan, and Chu-tan apparently actually "loving" Nyaa-tan mostly likely relate to Nyaa-tan before Nyaa-tan was reincarnated and gain amnesia (and before Chu-tan hating her).
Basically, Nyaa-tan may actually have been close to Chu-tan in the past.

If one remembers Ep 3: When Uri-tan, Nyaa-tan, and Takeru were having a good/fun/goofy time shopping together (right before Chu-tan appeared), Nyaa-tan mentioned how the moment felt nostalgic and she spoke freely with "someone" like this before (Takeru even saying that "someone" was most likely a close friend).
Intially, it was thought to be Uri-tan, but I bet that "someone" was actually Chu-tan.
bkim999Jun 11, 2015 4:58 PM
Jun 11, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit, Mo-tan is dead....

And based on the ending credits, it looks like she isn't coming back T-T

Jun 11, 2015 4:55 PM
Nov 2010
Welp hopefully shes not dead but if she is I'm a be sad D: I liked the perverted ox.

but man that looked painful
Jun 11, 2015 5:40 PM
Oct 2014
The technique (Etotama Kagura Senguu) that Chu-tan use to kill Moo-tan. Wasn't that technique explained as a god ritual that is the origin of Etotama, both its destruction and creation?

Basically, couldn't that technique also be use to bring Moo-tan back?

Otherwise, why would the anime even mention the technique's ability of "creation" if it's only just going to show it's ability to "destroy"?
Jun 11, 2015 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Nooo not Mo-tan
Jun 11, 2015 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
Damn that was intense. Gotta be something in the final episode that brings Mo-tan back. I can see things in Japan getting really crazy in the next episode (Dora-tan said that destroying Mo-tan would break the balance in the world) so shit's gonna go doooooowwwwwnnnn
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
R.I.P Mo-tan.
Jun 11, 2015 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
Mo-tan D:
did she really die?

first half is quite funny, the second half is serious and tragic.

Jun 11, 2015 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
start up with comedy, end it with suffer..
last one hit me hard
RIP Mo-tan
the action is good also
Jun 11, 2015 11:40 PM

Feb 2012
Nooooo please tell me she'll be brought back in the last ep. She's best girl to me :(

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Jun 12, 2015 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
Chu-tan pulled a Gilgamesh.
Jun 12, 2015 2:37 AM

Jun 2013
alright the cow is just fucking creepy
Jun 12, 2015 4:03 AM

Mar 2014
bkim999 said:
The technique (Etotama Kagura Senguu) that Chu-tan use to kill Moo-tan. Wasn't that technique explained as a god ritual that is the origin of Etotama, both its destruction and creation?

Basically, couldn't that technique also be use to bring Moo-tan back?

Otherwise, why would the anime even mention the technique's ability of "creation" if it's only just going to show it's ability to "destroy"?

Wow you're absolutely right, I just remembered that technique could also be used for "creation" as well as "destruction" for Etotama though if they do use it to bring back Mo-tan would it be the same Mo-tan or a different Mo-tan? and if it's the same Mo-tan will she retain all her memories and her personality or lose them like Nya-tan did?

Well whatever the case the writers better give a really good reason for Chu-tan doing what she's doing and having such deep hatred for Nya-tan. We've established that Nya-tan and Chu-tan used to be close friends maybe even more (like family?) but something(s) happened and now Chu-tan hates Nya-tan and even wants to destroy her completely. Then they had a battle (during the last ETM12 60 years ago) where Chu-tan used that technique to destroy Nya-tan's Etotama but it failed and she couldn't destroy it (according to Mo-tan it was Chu-tan's love for Nya-tan that caused it to fail) which resulted in Nya-tan losing her memories and her Etotama being damaged causing her to take a long time to reincarnate.
Jun 12, 2015 5:53 AM
Jul 2011
Looks Like Etotama Of Nya-tan Must To Be Fixed Immediately, Nya-tan Must Become Stronger And Regain Her Memories Immediately.
Jun 12, 2015 5:54 AM
Jul 2011
I Hope Nya-tan Definitely Will Become Stronger!
Jun 12, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
I did not expect a fight so bad and dynamic episode promoted in full. Narrative is the addition of a component that has hitherto been lacking for the story, or malice. Choreography of the fight not bad, good designs and animations, the CG also has a good quality. Farewell Mo-tan.
I think at the end of the season, I'll change my vote.
Jun 12, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2010
...dam I didn't really thing Mo-tan would die, I though this anime was just for fun or maybe Mo-tan will be revive by the end maybe ?

...epic episode intense and full of Feels
Jun 12, 2015 2:16 PM

Oct 2011
Mo-Tan NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nya-tan would use that technique to bring Mo-tan back and give up all her Sol/lul seal in order to do that.
Jun 12, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2014
Holy shit, what a serious and intense episode!

Good bye, Mo-tan... ;w;/ She was one of my favorites...
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jun 12, 2015 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOO TANNNNNN!!!! D:
Jun 13, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2009
Holy crap ... such a dramatic episode! Mo-tan's past was pretty sad ... living with human families only to watch them die :( No wonder she likes Nya-tan after she offered to be part of her family too T_T Not to mention her fighting Chu-tan like that ... it was so intense! I thought Mo-tan would really win with her "power of love" ... except well, nope, seems like Chu-tan has some technique that destroys Etotamas D: Yikes ... that's scary. She tried to use that on Nya-tan too but it didn't work ... holy crap lol. Seems like Nya-tan and Chu-tan will fight it out next episode judging by the episode title. Hope it'll be a good one!
Jun 13, 2015 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
Etotama back to its electrifying best, outstanding episode, surprisingly after the meandering, slightly boring episodes that came out for a few weeks. The comedy lasted but the focus of the show was never derailed, and was gripping to the last second.

And man, that rat is one of the most hateable characters I've ever seen. Fucking bitch!
Jun 13, 2015 10:32 PM
Jul 2014
I hope she isn't permanently dead. I completely admit, I cry when watching anime. Especially at a sad part or someone dies. I cried when uri tan died and i mo tan will come back. I wonder *disclaimer, this is my personal thoughts, opinions, theories, and speculations based on what I know. Inhave not read the manga either* i wonder, is Mo tan completely dead? She changed Chu tan in some way and affected her. She may have helped her realize her true love for Nya tan by unlocking the part of her she had buried. In the end theme (normal episodes) at the end of the ssong chu tan is standing near Nya tan. Nya tan wakes up smiles and seems to greet her happily, or is glad to see her. Something must happen that causes a misunderstanding or something that happened to be later forgiven or corrected. Chu tan is later good, she has the god techniqu]e to destroy and create eto shin. I believe that it is possible for her to bring mo tan back, or one of the gods.
Jun 16, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
That was brutal, poor Mo-tan :/
Jun 16, 2015 1:54 PM

May 2013
No... I refuse to accept this. No, my best girl Mo-tan
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 25, 2015 11:14 AM

Nov 2011
Jul 7, 2015 5:32 PM

May 2012
Not bad, with two episodes left I do wonder what's next!
Jul 13, 2015 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
Ok so....wow

Now despite how bad this may sound i actually want Moo-tan dead. Not because i dislike her or anything. But more like the Setup for her death was Rather good and turning her death similar to Uri-tans Gag would genuinely annoy me.

I'm surprised though that the Gods aren't disturbed with Chuu-Tans Ability. As the characters (sorta) Explained it can disrupt the "balance" as it were. I get the slight (worrying) feeling that a Deus Ex Machina is gonna happen towards the end of etotama.

Either Way RIP Moo-Tan
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
Oh... OH WOW.

WHAT THE HELL THAT TURNED AROUND REAL FAST.

after like 5 episodes of mediocre comedy SUDDENLY BAM. ACTION. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. DEATH.

This was a REALLY GOOD episode
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Etotama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

78 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

30 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

39 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2015

40 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

43 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.