Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (30) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Feb 25, 2008 11:23 PM
May i suggest Linux client?
Since u use visual basic i guess it's a no.

Feb 25, 2008 11:28 PM

I don't use Visual Basic

However, it's been confirmed to work in Linux with wine (manual updates only)

Feb 25, 2008 11:32 PM

and what I meant was the "load program MINIMIZED in taskbar" function.

added for next beta

Feb 26, 2008 10:43 PM

When watching episodes that have a lot of underscored, like:

[Shinsen-Subs]_Kidou_Senshi_Gundam_00_-_20_[929E2E88]

The file is simply not detected...

I think this should be posted here than in bug reports... so it can be done in the update...

Feb 26, 2008 11:33 PM

Friendlysoul said:

I think this should be posted here than in bug reports... so it can be done in the update...

The problem is not the underscores, it doesn't matter if it has 1 or 100. It's a problem with how the alternate titles are stored in the MAL database. I have already coordinated this with Xinil and a fix will come soon. It needs a change in the MAL side, then a small modification in the updater.

The anime name/episode is detected just fine, but since the name is an alternate, and in this specific case, the alternate name in the MAL DB has something else first with kana, it's not detected properly (alternate names are separated by "," which could also be a character of the anime name itself)

Feb 26, 2008 11:44 PM

Kotori said:
Friendlysoul said:

The problem is not the underscores, it doesn't matter if it has 1 or 100. It's a problem with how the alternate titles are stored in the MAL database. I have already coordinated this with Xinil and a fix will come soon. It needs a change in the MAL side, then a small modification in the updater.

The anime name/episode is detected just fine, but since the name is an alternate, and in this specific case, the alternate name in the MAL DB has something else first with kana, it's not detected properly (alternate names are separated by "," which could also be a character of the anime name itself)

Oh, ok thanks :P

Feb 27, 2008 4:02 AM

Faust721 said:
option to be able to move to complete/on hold/drop/etc.

Please. And to expand on this, how about the ability to recognize when starting up an anime from the "plan to watch" or "on hold" lists and automatically move it to the "watching" list. I see that it knows the total number of entries from my list, but it doesn't seem to recognize when I start an anime that isn't already set to "watching."

Out of curiosity, what language did you write this in?

Feb 27, 2008 4:13 AM

both options being worked on.

I wrote it in Delphi for win32 (no .net)

Feb 27, 2008 4:16 AM

Kotori said:
both options being worked on.

I wrote it in Delphi for win32 (no .net)

Awesome, thanks!

Feb 27, 2008 4:37 AM

Hi!

Is it possible to have positioning for MAL updater?
Like when Windows starts up, MAL updater goes to lower right corner or something? Now MAL updater opens in the middle of the screen.

It's a great program but this one thing is bothering me a little.

Feb 27, 2008 4:42 AM

Done. It will store the window position when you close it.

Feb 27, 2008 8:32 AM

is there any way that you can make the Mal Updater work for VLC???
it will be great if that is possible cause its my (and a lot of ppl i know) favorite video app

Feb 27, 2008 8:48 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Marek92 said:
it will be great if that is possible cause its my (and a lot of ppl i know) favorite video app

It's been mentioned like 4 times in this topic. VLC support is planned but it's hard work.

And if you wanna hear my opinion which I'm sure you don't, VLC sucks anyway and MPC with CCCP is superior in every way. :D

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Feb 27, 2008 9:30 AM

cyruz said:
Marek92 said:

It's been mentioned like 4 times in this topic. VLC support is planned but it's hard work.

And if you wanna hear my opinion which I'm sure you don't, VLC sucks anyway and MPC with CCCP is superior in every way. :D

QFT, just download MPC. It's better plus you can start using MALu right now..

Feb 27, 2008 11:01 AM

Yep, working on VLC but it really sucks. MPC >>> VLC anyway.

Quick preview of next release:

Theme-less mode

"Now Playing" panel (also per anime)
1st icon: play the next episode of the current anime (it will launch it in your player). Same for each anime panel. It will search for the anime from the root folder specified in the settings window.
2nd icon: send current anime/ep/ etc to mIRC, like this:

3rd icon: search for current anime in TokyoTosho (torrents)
4th/5th already exist (launch anime info/forum)

If current anime isn't found in your currently watching list, search for it in MAL

New options window

Feb 27, 2008 11:55 AM

Kotori said:

1st icon: play the next episode of the current anime (it will launch it in your player). Same for each anime panel. It will search for the anime from the root folder specified in the settings window.

O_O That is do want and win..
Kotori said:

2nd icon: send current anime/ep/ etc to mIRC, like this:

Handy. Any chance of this working with XChat also?
Kotori said:

3rd icon: search for current anime in TokyoTosho (torrents)

Laziness +1
Nice feature, definitely wasn't expecting it though xD
Kotori said:

If current anime isn't found in your currently watching list, search for it in MAL

Epique, been wanting this ^_^

Thanks Kotori :)

Feb 27, 2008 12:30 PM

Konfig said:
Handy. Any chance of this working with XChat also?

Dunno. Does it have any DDE options?

Edit: just tried it, no DDE (expected from a cross-platform app)
Modified by Kotori, Feb 27, 2008 12:34 PM

Feb 27, 2008 2:56 PM

Great additions Kotori, I look forward to the next release.
This program's evolving so rapidly :O

Feb 27, 2008 4:07 PM

I've been recoding a lot of stuff regarding recognition, it should be way more accurate now and find even more difficult patterns :D (some subbers really like to fuck up the names..)

Feb 27, 2008 4:43 PM

Wow. The mIRC update looks like it'll be handy. Keep up the good work for my laziness. :D

Feb 27, 2008 7:46 PM

Hey is there a way to design a custom image for the pop up that tells you when Updater is updating your list?

Feb 27, 2008 7:51 PM

Feb 27, 2008 8:18 PM

Why would anyone want to replace Miyuki there? :p

Whoever had that idea must be some genius!

Feb 28, 2008 3:00 AM
today it had some trouble loggin in when it went to update my MAL list, so i was wondering if it could be made so that if it cant log in it will like que it up to update when it can login? (dunno if it actually does this atm or not)

Feb 28, 2008 3:17 AM

what time did it happen? I see no downtime in my logs, but someone else also mentioned not being able to log in earlier :S

Feb 28, 2008 4:05 AM

same, couldnt log into mal last night, didnt payed attention to it and just restarted the malupdater to login again

Feb 28, 2008 4:15 AM
happend about 12 hours ago, maybe a little more.

I tried restarting it a couple times and it still wouldnt log in. I tried reinstalling it and it was still the same, dunno if its just coincidence or what, but i had it on random theme but when i changed it to a set them it logged right in.

other then that its pretty handy little tool, thanks!

Feb 28, 2008 5:33 AM

hmm maybe it was just a brief downtime in in the MAL server
(login depends on both techsuki for update check and mal to login)

Feb 29, 2008 6:29 AM

Marek92 said:

finally added, even tho it's an awful player and nobody should use it.

Feb 29, 2008 12:19 PM

maybe a compatibility for the manga readers? CDisplay

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

Feb 29, 2008 12:21 PM

KMPlayer support perhaps?
Maybe aren't that many ppl using it, I dunno...
But I'm using it :P
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Feb 29, 2008 12:47 PM

Are you able to allow it to work with streams? 'cus I was wondering if veoh.com and crunchyroll and that are suitable, since it's full episode streams.

Feb 29, 2008 1:10 PM
is there a chance of having it able to auto update iself so i can be EVEN more lazy then now :)

Feb 29, 2008 2:19 PM

- got veoh and youtube in mind
- auto-update isn't google adsense friendly :p

Feb 29, 2008 2:27 PM

Gah, how can people watch anime on youtube >_> veoh I can almost understand.. but youtube..

Feb 29, 2008 3:20 PM

Double post but on a completely different topic.

Three small suggestions for the next release, really not very important, just preferences..
1. The ability to disable the tooltips:
2. When you haven't scored something, maybe it should be a "-" instead of a "1" like it is on your MAL list. The "1" could be slightly confusing for people.
3. This one's even extra spectacularly trivial, but, in the settings window instead of "Disable automatic updates" maybe "Disable automatic anime updates" or something along those lines. If I didn't know better I'd think it would disable MAL updater automatic updates, not auto list updates :P - Hope that one made sense..

As always thanks for all the hard work Kotori, this release is really nice and added just about everything I wanted from the program :)

Feb 29, 2008 3:26 PM

Ahh nice you are watching Air, check these!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=10993
http://picasaweb.google.com/hikaritokyo/KasumiAirMisuzuSTown

1 - sure, can add an option to disable them
2 - this was to fix another problem, ill definitely change it soon in a beta
3 -- hmm right, good remark, will change it :p

Feb 29, 2008 3:31 PM

Damnit Kotori, stop teasing me with Japan >_< 9 more months... 9 more months...

And thanks a lot :) I just noticed something in that tooltip pic.. Last I checked Right isn't spelled with a c :P

Feb 29, 2008 4:27 PM

Feb 29, 2008 4:35 PM

Kotori, please explain why do we need to have 2 progress bars.
Ok one for the selection, other for color?
Because they are of a different length it is a little confusing. I suggest to make them the same length or to remove one of them (having the color from the left of the navigation control arrow, if technically possible).

2. and with a design of a view:
a) I believe that the update buttons should be swapped (update episode button being below, because you have also arrows to change an episode number and numbers of current from total episodes also below).

b1) The horizontal arrows for changing the score I would replace with vertical arrows and place them to the right of the score. The buttons in this case should be smaller in height.
b2) To have an update episode button next to the episode count in area 1 (where currently the progress bar is) and score controls: arrows to increase & decrease the score, score value, score button update leave in the 2nd area (where currently both buttons are)
c) Alternatively, why not to place []both buttons, episode count, score value, and arrows for changing it[/] instead of a colorful progress bar, if the 1. solution is implemented.
In this way the progress bar can be longer:
-especially good for series with lots of episodes (the scrolling/navigation won't be so sensitive) [e.g. Bleach, Naruto, Detective Conan, One Peace etc.]
- and it is good for a long anime names [e.g. "Tsuki wa Higashi ni Hi wa Nishi ni -Operation Sanctuary", or "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala" though in Shabala just the last letter is cut in MAL updater]

Feb 29, 2008 4:47 PM
Zealotus said:
KMPlayer support perhaps?
Maybe aren't that many ppl using it, I dunno...
But I'm using it :P

KMPlayer is just a wrapper application for MPlayer so I would have thought that it's already supported?

Feb 29, 2008 4:49 PM

Hmm I agree the anime panel needs some change. Maybe you can make a sketch with your idea?

Feb 29, 2008 4:58 PM

Maybe a feature where Windows Live Messenger will show what's playing in status?
just like the Windows Media Player plugin.. the "show what I'm listening to" thing :)

Oh and big thanks for the No-theme mode...
just one quick thing.. can you make the windows resizable?

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

Feb 29, 2008 5:54 PM

thought about msn, can probably be done

my current build's no-theme mode can be resized now, vertically

Feb 29, 2008 6:24 PM

Kotori said:
thought about msn, can probably be done

my current build's no-theme mode can be resized now, vertically

that's cool, though I think I have to wait to release (tried 16 beta, got just the window, not resizable)

well, something like this
or or

Still, there is time to think it over where to place what. However, I am pretty sure that we need just one progress bar - and if possible it could be done before thinking where to place buttons (though just swapping them would be already better, I guess)

Feb 29, 2008 6:27 PM

tbh I'm thinking of adding some theme options to the anime panel, so ppl can customize them

edit: 2nd and 3rd look good, thinking of something (customizable panels are quite a lot more of work so maybe ill leave that be for now)

Feb 29, 2008 9:04 PM

yeah... just one progress bar with controls would be nice.

Though one thing, is there a way to turn OFF the glowing effect on Vista Aero progress bar?
well it's pretty but when there are like 6-7 of them glowing at the same time it looks kinda messy, and also the list items kinda flicker because of that.

Also, in no-theme mode, I think additional _ / X buttons would be not needed.. :P
I know it would be some work b/c then you have to make different modes for no-theme mode and a themed mode...
but still, a suggestion :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

Mar 1, 2008 4:29 AM

I don't think you should be able to get no theme when using the random theme option, or is that a bug?

Mar 1, 2008 5:25 AM

Mar 1, 2008 7:17 AM

kimatg said:
Maybe a feature where Windows Live Messenger will show what's playing in status?
just like the Windows Media Player plugin.. the "show what I'm listening to" thing :)

Pages (30) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »