Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Mar 28, 2008 1:22 PM

Apr 6, 2008 11:44 PM

A quick question, can japanese titles also be recognized?

like is it possible if there are japanese titles registered in MAL DB as "alternative titles"?

oh and btw how is the whole Aero thingy going on? :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

Apr 7, 2008 12:34 AM

Can there be an option to turn off the slow (yes it's slow on my computer) loading of the settings window?

Also, partial transparency support for themes :D (I have no idea how hard it is to implement it... o_O)

And someone on the irc mentioned the popup after updating that asks if you want to go to the forum page on the episode (or create it if it doesn't exist).
How about the exact same popup with MALU (An option to turn this off in the settings would be required haha)? Something like, after an episode has been updated (either manually or automatically) the updater checks to see if any players are running the episode that was updated, if not display popup (if so wait for player to stop running the show).

Apr 7, 2008 1:01 AM

kimatg said:
A quick question, can japanese titles also be recognized?

like is it possible if there are japanese titles registered in MAL DB as "alternative titles"?

oh and btw how is the whole Aero thingy going on? :P

Nope, no unicode support :( (yet)

glass thingie is problematic too, since my programming environment doesn't use GDI+ and many controls are displayed incorrectly on the glass form. a solution would be compiling as .net instead which by default is GDI+ .. but meh @ .net crap

Apr 7, 2008 1:28 AM

CanadaAotS said:
Can there be an option to turn off the slow (yes it's slow on my computer) loading of the settings window?

Can do that.

CanadaAotS said:
Also, partial transparency support for themes :D (I have no idea how hard it is to implement it... o_O)

Very difficult, can't make only certain parts of the form semi transparent with normal methods.. a way to do it would be by fading it with whatever's in the background jsut before moving the window, constantly updating in real time = very messy, cpu intensive and difficult.
Another way would be by having another window below the main one that contains only the semi transparent part of the theme picture, and make it alpha blended. That would mean making it move when the main one does, and only a single color in the image could be transparent. Upon loading the theme, the picture would be analyzed for semi transparent alpha pixels and compose a sepparate image on the 2nd window, while removing that part from the main one. I don't think it's worth the effort for a transparent shadow :p

CanadaAotS said:
And someone on the irc mentioned the popup after updating that asks if you want to go to the forum page on the episode (or create it if it doesn't exist).
How about the exact same popup with MALU (An option to turn this off in the settings would be required haha)? Something like, after an episode has been updated (either manually or automatically) the updater checks to see if any players are running the episode that was updated, if not display popup (if so wait for player to stop running the show).

Thought about that in the past, but having a link to the forum in the panels etc should be enough.. after all it's just a single click. either in a popup window (intrusive) or in the anime/nowplaying panel..
Maybe what I could do is add an option for it in the tray icon menu (comment last anime/ep watched) but then.. the forum is just a click away, dunno how useful this would be

Apr 7, 2008 2:05 AM

Hmm actually, you piqued my curiosity now, playing around a bit with the 2nd method I thought of :p

Apr 7, 2008 2:13 AM

So far it's pretty fast to decompose the image by opaque, semi transparent and fully transparent areas, takes 1-2 seconds to process in my comp (amd dual core 6000+)

Apr 7, 2008 3:38 AM

There, it was easier than I thought (only allows a single transparency value though)

Apr 7, 2008 3:53 AM

so semi-transparent anti-aliasing (alpha-blending) is a no no after all? :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

Apr 7, 2008 5:39 AM

No :p applying anti-alias in run-time would require re-applying the AA all the time while the window is moving, checking what's behind the window and doing some "mix".

That.. or provide an already anti-aliased picture

Apr 7, 2008 7:03 PM

I've been going through a couple of anime series folders with the renaming thing... any way to:

- remove the space at the beginning of the filename if there's one? (there's one always when you replace _ for a space and the file is like [subbername]_title_etc..)
- remove the stuff between [] even if there are multiple instances of them in the same filename and there are word seprated by spaces inside (doesn't seem to work at the moment)

Oh and any hope to get a forum sign with the "now playing" in it? (sorta like the Xfire game tracker)
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009

Apr 7, 2008 10:37 PM

You can replace something like " (subb.." by "(subb.."

"remove the stuff between [] even if there are multiple instances of them in the same filename"

that's already the case, can you try on demo mode and copy/paste a sample that fails to do so?

the forum sig with nowplaying is more difficult, since I would need to provide the sigs right off my server (or have users provide their own ftp to store the sig, which is quite unlikely for the majority of users); however, something like xfire is coming in the future, that was my idea before even making malu

Apr 8, 2008 5:02 AM

Kotori said:
You can replace something like " (subb.." by "(subb.."

well that's what I did after to remove all the spaces, anyway the issue wasn't before the subber name, it was after :P I said to the program to remove everything between [ and ] and to change "_" into " " and "[subb]_name_of_anime_-_ep" became " name of anime - ep". But it's no big issue, I just ran RenWiz through the whole anime folder first and changed "]_" to "]"

"remove the stuff between [] even if there are multiple instances of them in the same filename"

that's already the case, can you try on demo mode and copy/paste a sample that fails to do so?

ye, you're right, I must have been hallucinating, I tried again a couple of times and it never happened. I shouldn't test stuff at 4am maybe.
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009

Apr 11, 2008 1:31 AM

i request more Skins! XD
i suck with anything that has to do with art, so i don't think i can help...

Apr 11, 2008 10:53 AM

Marek92 said:
i request more Skins! XD
i suck with anything that has to do with art, so i don't think i can help...

well, you could provide high quality pictures at least...
and if someone will like the picture maybe they will adjust it for a skin etc.

Kotori,
actually it could be a separate forum, where people who can not work with graphical applications requests for skins providing high quality images

Apr 11, 2008 11:47 AM

Hmm maybe. Right now the speed of making themes is upon the provided material. Ready PNG with a composition etc = can do it in a few minutes. Providing images without any further info = need to be resized, cut, think where everything goes etc, = much longer :p

Apr 17, 2008 2:01 PM

Might i suggest support for the core media player? :) i love using it and pretty much permanently use it.
Haruhi-ism. Because the best religion comes from a god who doesn't know what she's doing.

Apr 17, 2008 6:03 PM

Support added (and tested) with version 4

Apr 20, 2008 4:07 PM
Support suggestion: I use Veoh TV a lot, is it possible support could be brought for this program anytime in the future?

Apr 20, 2008 4:43 PM

Veoh TV is impossible at this time.

Apr 21, 2008 10:02 PM

I'm thinking of switching the The KMPlayer (not the MPlayer version, different thing) but it is not supported as of yet.
http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_KMPlayer

It seems it was already suggested, but Zarin had the wrong idea.

Apr 22, 2008 7:12 AM

KMPlayer (for windows) support added. You'll have to disable the option to show only in the tray though for it to work.

Apr 22, 2008 2:45 PM

where is automatic update as previously it was.

And even better: update it automatically (MALU) without closing and starting it again (to click then update).

Apr 22, 2008 3:07 PM

What do you mean? Auto update works as always.

Making normal installers makes things much easier for me to deploy faster updates. Updating without restart malu is impossible, the exe needs to be overwritten.

Apr 22, 2008 5:29 PM

previously it was with auto dowload and installation when you were starting MALU and if a new version was available

with a restart, but that it is done automatically

Apr 22, 2008 5:33 PM

Apr 23, 2008 10:41 AM

I request a feature that will let me download the animes main character onto a blank robot like in Futurama. And another feature that will pick the correct DVD from my DVD rack if an anime is not found on the HDD. Then put it into the computers DVD player. There _are_ telekinesis libraries for Delphi, right?
Modified by Mire, Apr 23, 2008 10:44 AM

Apr 23, 2008 10:45 AM

Mire said:
I request a feature that will let me download the animes main character onto a blank robot like in Futurama. And another feature that will pick the correct DVD from my DVD rack if an anime is not found on the HDD. Then put it into the computers DVD player.

and a feature to watch animes which were not aired (in the next version of MALU) and which were not announced yet (in forthcoming versions).

Apr 23, 2008 11:38 AM

and it since it is able to read our thoughts by then it should be able to give us full understanding of japans aswell!

malu sends now playing data to msn, is i possible for amsn to send now playing data to amsn aswell?

amsn doesnt support now playing funtion like msn, via a plugin it shows now playing data from a select ammount of players

amsn: http://www.amsn-project.net/index.php
the plugin is found on the plugin page

hmmm, dont take this with any prio thb, doubt i will use that funtion, if it is possible anyways, dunno how many users use amsn anyways xD - tbh, havent tried it out aswell. will do that now, would be shamefull if i asked for something that worked already!

edit: doesnt work thay way, as i guessed
Modified by Azhrarn, Apr 23, 2008 11:54 AM

Apr 23, 2008 11:58 AM

Mire, Urahara, you mean you didn't know? Malu already does all that, but you need to buy the PRO version for those extra features! :P

AMSN sounds like some linux shit :p I guess it reads the players titles, whereas with msn, it's the players that send the info to msn. I could probably emulate a player class/window for amsn to grab it, but it seems useless atm with everyone using the normal msn

Apr 23, 2008 12:45 PM

Kotori said:
Mire, Urahara, you mean you didn't know? Malu already does all that, but you need to buy the PRO version for those extra features! :P

Is it a subscription or lump-sum business model? What else is included in PRO version. When do you intend to finally provide a long rumored PRO PRO (or PRO^2) version?

Apr 23, 2008 1:43 PM

Kotori said:
AMSN sounds like some linux shit :p I guess it reads the players titles, whereas with msn, it's the players that send the info to msn. I could probably emulate a player class/window for amsn to grab it, but it seems useless atm with everyone using the normal msn

hmmm, i use it in vista! in my attemp to run my laptop with no microsoft stuff except for the OS,

no idea what the most used messenger is on linux that works with msn, and if they are interested in this feature,

Apr 28, 2008 6:33 AM

mhh... for the mirc addiction:
maybe a way/tutoral/script to show the mal updater "what one is watching atm"
at a specific command in mirc itself so one does not allways have to go to mal window
and click that tinny "send to mirc" image (if you don't have the automatic on)
but to get it by typing in an alias in mirc e.g.:
/mal

Hope this hasn't been suggested yet.

Apr 28, 2008 10:47 AM

that would require an extra script in mirc

Apr 29, 2008 5:15 AM

Kotori said:
that would require an extra script in mirc

yeah but I only have basic knowledge in mirc scripting so making the program write the actual status in a text file and accessing that with the script.
But people who know mirc script better or you may think of a better method. ;)

Also you wanted to have ideas for the tt feature:
  • function to only show things that are in your list
    • and only episodes that you haven't watched yet
  • being able to chose "don't show 'non-english', 'raw or 'anime' "
  • being able to show more then the 15 newest (or less)
  • marking already downloaded torents grey or something
  • being able to sort/switch and disable the columns (type, anime names, etc.)
  • since we have the TT feature in it's own window now maybe just putting the newest 5-10 directly in a tab like the cw, onhold and ptw list and a 'more' button to get to the full window
    • and updating the torrent list by right clicking on the tap then
  • making the "TT-Torents" Tab's name shorter e.g. "(new) Torrents", "(new) Updates", ..
  • little notifications box that only goes away when you click on it or disable it (you probably planned that too but I wanted to name it, since you only said auto downloading)

Some things may be totally useless or unneeded but maybe you like some of the ideas. ;)
Modified by Mathes, Apr 29, 2008 5:18 AM

Apr 29, 2008 5:49 AM

about mirc scripting: I am totally clueless about it, so someone else would have to make it. Ideally, the script should be able to receive or retrieve data from malu through a WM_COPYDATA message. I guess basic mirc scripting won't allow that so you'd need a DLL like GTSDLL. I tried to add support for that DLL but the info about it is very scarce (like the way it wants the data etc) so I gave up before wasting time, as the current method through DDE is good enough.

"function to only show things that are in your list
* and only episodes that you haven't watched yet"

that's already the case (in my current build at least.. forgot if I added that after 1.31 :p). The number in ( ) is the last ep you watched, and the anime name in ( ) is the one from your last, to verify the match is correct.

"being able to chose "don't show 'non-english', 'raw or 'anime' ""

there will be 3 boxes to choose what to check for

"being able to show more then the 15 newest (or less)"

that's a limitation from the TT RSS feeds. it has been raised to 30 now anyway, making it 90 for malu

"marking already downloaded torents grey or something"

already the case in my build

"being able to sort/switch and disable the columns (type, anime names, etc.)"

this isn't very useful since the list is pretty short

"since we have the TT feature in it's own window now maybe just putting the newest 5-10 directly in a tab like the cw, onhold and ptw list and a 'more' button to get to the full window
* and updating the torrent list by right clicking on the tap then"

I'm thinking about some sort of panel like the anime ones

"# making the "TT-Torents" Tab's name shorter e.g. "(new) Torrents", "(new) Updates", ..
# little notifications box that only goes away when you click on it or disable it (you probably planned that too but I wanted to name it, since you only said auto downloading)"

- the tab will be just "torrents"
- notifications: here's the tricky part, how to make it non-intrussive/intuitive. maybe have options to make malu automatically download and launch the torrents and remember which it already downloaded, and also notification boxes popping the tray icon about new torrents being available

ps: wtb larger text box for forum replies :/

May 3, 2008 10:59 AM

Is it possible to add the rewatching list???
To make it easier if ur rewatching the anime...

May 3, 2008 11:45 AM

It's planned. Need to ask Xinil to add support for it though.

May 4, 2008 2:56 AM
Adding VeohTV would probably be cool, since i know a lot of people who watch anime on veoh (mostly the ones that are stil airing).

May 4, 2008 3:18 AM

Veohtv is still impossible, dunno how to retrieve the filename:

- taskbar title: it doesn't show the videotitle
- text on a statusbar or similar control: no text at all in memory, it seems to be custom drawn, probably as a graphic since it's using flash
- nothing in the registry or local files about the title being played
- no device handles in the process memory either, since there's no file, it's streamed via internet
- tray icon hint: doesnt show the title
- veohtv account: no watching history

if you have any tips let me know

May 5, 2008 2:35 AM

Try to see if its hidden...

May 5, 2008 10:52 PM

Would it be possible to add a "airing" (and not aired etc) bracket after the anime titles, the same way as on the actual list here?

(Edit: Typo)

May 5, 2008 10:56 PM

not possible atm, will ask xinil to add support for it

May 9, 2008 5:42 AM

I noticed this at all the downtimes in the last time:
Would it be possible to show the tabs even if you are not logged in (just the empty tabs for the list items) so one can get to the torrent tab even when MAL is down?

May 9, 2008 5:54 AM

That would be useless, if the tabs are empty, the torrent window has no list to check against. (unless you want it for the search boxes)

May 15, 2008 6:02 AM

Oh, the status change for anime is absolute awesomeness. Over 9000 for sure =]

Edit: Also, kinda relating to Isindil's question, will the "Rewatching" status anime be shown in the Watching anime list?

Proud user of Maxthon since the days of MyIE2, long before Firefox was even a twinkle in Netscape's eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really...

May 17, 2008 10:46 AM

Can you make it so that when it sets a series as completed, it will pop up a window asking the user to score the anime?

May 17, 2008 11:31 AM

KayDat said:
Oh, the status change for anime is absolute awesomeness. Over 9000 for sure =]

Edit: Also, kinda relating to Isindil's question, will the "Rewatching" status anime be shown in the Watching anime list?

yep, re-watching is planned

May 17, 2008 11:33 AM

robin-kun said:
Can you make it so that when it sets a series as completed, it will pop up a window asking the user to score the anime?

Hmm how about this instead: if the score if 0, just popup some message warning the user and don't set it to complete (it's quick to do manually anyway right-clicking the status icon or (next build) the panel)

May 17, 2008 4:04 PM

Sounds great!

Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »