Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jan 5, 2016 10:19 AM

Thanks! how bout android/iOS apk with update my list + show my list + date of next episode to air?

Dec 16, 2016 9:16 AM

please add mpv player to your recognition plugin, it's one of the best media players!

Sep 18, 2017 5:43 PM

maskulin said:
please add mpv player to your recognition plugin, it's one of the best media players!

I came here exactly for this. Surprised to find it in the very last post of the thread. I'm asking this again since it's been 10 months since this post.

Would it be possible to add mpv? It really is a fantastic media player.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li

Sep 27, 2017 7:28 AM
Requesting mpv as a recognized player.

Jan 12, 2018 9:52 AM

Is there a version of the updated for mobile users? I'd like to get back into reading/watching, but I don't have access to a full computer to manage my list.

Mar 10, 2018 11:33 PM

Kotori said:
Nelakine said:

Is there really no other client that support command line adding torrents to folders in a way that would work with MAL?

only uTorrent does, that I know of.

It's very recently been discovered that there are major security exploits in uTorrent in all versions, new and old, that could arbitrary code to be executed through uTorrent that could download and execute files, up to and including taking full control of your computer and system.

That said, it's a pretty major security liability to keep uTorrent around. I think it would be a very good opportunity to explore some options - there are so many more bt clients today than there were 3 years ago, and one of them must have the capability to work like uTorrent works for a minimal update on your side.

Mar 11, 2018 3:42 AM

Godel said:
Kotori said:

only uTorrent does, that I know of.

and one of them must have the capability to work like uTorrent works for a minimal update on your side.

if you can point me to one that does, I'll be happy to add it

Mar 12, 2018 10:02 AM

So I'm mainly working through the BakaBT's client whitelist as that's one of my primary trackers. I found Transmission had this capability but couldn't figure out how to make it work, but I was successful with Deluge.

So just a brief explanation of my findings so you don't have to figure this out from scratch:

• deluge - front end client.
  • deluged - server daemon
  • deluge-console - can interact with server daemon via various command line options

1. Deluge must first be set off "Classic mode" (Preferences -> Interface).
  2. Deluged must be running for the console commands to work.
  3. After adding the torrent, it will automatically begin downloading in deluged, which doesn't have its own front end screen. You must open deluge itself and connect to your deluged instance to see the progress.

Apr 14, 2018 12:39 AM

For people who are looking for an Android updater, you should look for "Pocket MAL" app ATM.

May I request Universal Media Server (DLNA) support?
In case you consider this, I feel the log of the program is unreliable, it says "started playing" when I just hovered over the file in my TV...
Modified by EmuAGR, Apr 14, 2018 1:08 AM

May 25, 2018 3:16 PM

This has been probably already requested or may already be in planning, but considering the latest development, it wouldn't be a bad idea to offer an alternative offline mode in which you can sync the Anime and/or Manga list by importing the exported list(s) from this site, with an option to make changes to the XML file so they can be re-imported back to MAL.

Though for me personally, it would be already good enough if I could just add the new "currently watching Anime" on MAL-Updater, just so I could have the folder easily open up without having to create a shortcut every time. It doesn't even have to sync with MAL; if it's just written like that and I have to manually update how much I've watched or read directly on MAL, then just having the correct number of episodes watched or chapters read stored in MAL Updater and changing it myself later on would be more than good enough.

Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]