Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Mar 1, 2008 7:38 AM

This may sound crazy, and lazy, but MAL sends me an email every time a new episode comes out with the link to the episode. So is it possible for MALu to automatically download and start the torrent... I don't know if it is possible but its an idea. There would have to be a way to select what fansubber you want to download each anime from too... I don't know... Just a crazy idea I'm throwin' out there.

Mar 1, 2008 7:47 AM

I made another tool for that in the past, maybe I could integrate it sometime... it checks for the next episode of a few anime you have pre-selected, then downloads the torrent and launches it

http://www.techsuki.net/misc/index.py/bakatemp

Mar 1, 2008 7:50 AM

You might also wanna check this Vista gadget from Mire:

http://j-suki.de/?page_id=1205

Mar 1, 2008 7:53 AM

I don't think my Vista Gadget is what he's looking for :p

But afaik uTorrent has an option to automatically add/download episodes taken from an RSS Feed. There are also plugins for Azureus doing such stuff (Edit: but they suck, not because they're bad, but because they're for Azureus).
Modified by Mire, Mar 1, 2008 7:56 AM

Mar 1, 2008 7:53 AM

only MALU knows what you are currently watching though! :p

Mar 3, 2008 10:20 PM

i think it would be a good idea if we could scale the little buttons next to the anime names, cause they're really small and hard to click on sometimes if you're using a touchpad ^_^, also if we could customize which buttons appear there.

Mar 4, 2008 9:32 AM

Is there a way to enable multiple users to update at the same time?
Cause I often watch anime with my sister and have to manually update her list since I'm using MAL Updater.

Maybe even being able to install 2 copies of the program would help?

Mar 4, 2008 10:14 AM

I can add an option to run multiple instances, but you would have to change the username everytime

Mar 4, 2008 10:37 AM

Everytime meaning every time I restart MAL Updater?
Or every time I update anime?

Mar 4, 2008 10:55 AM

everytime you run MAL, since it saves the username/pass when you close the settings window

Mar 4, 2008 11:39 AM

That's basically okay since I always have MAL in tray and PC is online 24/7.

But is it not possible to install it in 2 different directories and have 2 sets of registry settings?

Mar 4, 2008 11:48 AM

No because it uses the system registry to store the settings; a solution would be using an .ini file instead, but that's more work :p what you can do though.. is have 2 windows user accounts. Once you have logged in to both you can swich quickly between them. If you run malu in another windows account it will use a different registry path.

The directory doesn't matter, it can be the same.

Mar 4, 2008 11:56 AM

I think that manually updating is faster than switching between accounts :D
Though, I'd like to try running multiple instances if it's not too much of a hassle to implement.

Mar 4, 2008 12:46 PM

Kotori,
great choice for new layout for anime panel.
I have just thought, why do we need two buttons for update? How often do we need to differentiate it? Maybe one update button will be enough?
What do you think?

Mar 4, 2008 1:02 PM

a button for completion because once the last ep of the series plays it stays in watching and because most of us are lazy

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

Mar 4, 2008 1:38 PM

Reks said:
a button for completion because once the last ep of the series plays it stays in watching and because most of us are lazy

That's not going to happen, nor is it needed.. it was already mentioned somewhere in the forums here that MAL shoves all "watching" shows with 100% of the episodes watched to "completed" once a day. So you can just let it there and wait a few hours, it'll be moved to completion automatically.. eventually.

Mar 4, 2008 1:58 PM

GDL-URAHARA said:
Kotori,
great choice for new layout for anime panel.
I have just thought, why do we need two buttons for update? How often do we need to differentiate it? Maybe one update button will be enough?
What do you think?

I think 2 buttons is better. Sometimes you might want to update only the score while watching another episode (you can launch any episode by moving the slider and clicking the launch button).

Also, updating either the score or the episode saves MAL some bandwidth since they are different calls and get updated individually.

Anyway, the whole anime panel is now configurable as a theme (not available for non-theme mode). You can move/resize any component as well as the scrollbox etc. So.. you could hide the score button away out of sight in a custom theme.

Mar 4, 2008 2:01 PM

Reks said:

Besides what Mire said, now there is a button in the panel that takes you right away to the edit box in MAL so you can set it to complete. Also, upon reaching the last ep. you will get a notice hint popup telling you about this extra button.

Mar 4, 2008 3:51 PM

Kotori said:

I think 2 buttons is better. Sometimes you might want to update only the score while watching another episode (you can launch any episode by moving the slider and clicking the launch button).

Also, updating either the score or the episode saves MAL some bandwidth since they are different calls and get updated individually.

Anyway, the whole anime panel is now configurable as a theme (not available for non-theme mode). You can move/resize any component as well as the scrollbox etc. So.. you could hide the score button away out of sight in a custom theme.

Yeah, I have thought about bandwidth as well.
If the reason to have two buttons is just because
"sometimes you might want to update only the score while watching another episode"
and "only updating score while watching another episode"
then it still could be solved and nicely done with one button:

SOLUTION:The application has to store the initial values and
If rating is changed - update appropriate field on MAL server.
If episode count increased - update appropriate field on MAL server.
If episode count decreased - means that most likely rewatching an episode using the function you mentioned (right click on the first icon). THEN small pop up asking something like "You are going to decrease the number of episodes you watched. Continue yes,no".

Additionally it could be also implemented in the settings that the process described above is selected by default. Option to force update for episode changed without notification if the number of episode decreased. Option not to ask and not to update if the number of episodes decrease (and after that the button to watch current episode was pressed - right click). Also than the left click should still launch the last remembered (which is saved on the server) plus one episode (not the changed without update in oder to rewatch)

PROS: one button less, better design, really saving bandwidth (otherwise someone would click just both buttons quickly without thinking which one is making what - because the purpose would be just to update the change, so why to think, one button will update it, other will still write the old value)
CONS: questionable necessity (it might be that just I would think that it is a good idea to have "optimized user friendly" interface which still has a full package of options and controls)

so, now, how about this button "Update"?

Mar 4, 2008 7:43 PM

I'm using the beta version custom string for sending to mIRC.

It doesn't send japanese characters... unicode support would be nice. I have this awesome string set up but the characters come up as ?? ?? :P
Also %URL% adds [White]AnimeNfo: [Blue]-url- could it be just the url without the AnimeNfo: label, and without the [Blue] color tag?

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Mar 4, 2008 9:03 PM

GDL-URAHARA said:

SOLUTION:The application has to store the initial values and
If rating is changed - update appropriate field on MAL server.
If episode count increased - update appropriate field on MAL server.
If episode count decreased - means that most likely rewatching an episode using the function you mentioned (right click on the first icon). THEN small pop up asking something like "You are going to decrease the number of episodes you watched. Continue yes,no".

Additionally it could be also implemented in the settings that the process described above is selected by default. Option to force update for episode changed without notification if the number of episode decreased. Option not to ask and not to update if the number of episodes decrease (and after that the button to watch current episode was pressed - right click). Also than the left click should still launch the last remembered (which is saved on the server) plus one episode (not the changed without update in oder to rewatch)

that will be pretty confusing to the users, I got a better idea.. ill post later

Mar 4, 2008 9:05 PM

CanadaAotS said:
I'm using the beta version custom string for sending to mIRC.

It doesn't send japanese characters... unicode support would be nice. I have this awesome string set up but the characters come up as ?? ?? :P
Also %URL% adds [White]AnimeNfo: [Blue]-url- could it be just the url without the AnimeNfo: label, and without the [Blue] color tag?

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Unicode is a pita to support :p

I'll rework some of the irc message stuff

Mar 5, 2008 2:29 AM

Sorry if im posting something already posted but i didn't check all posts because im lazy and i lack of time to do it atm.

I'm using MAL Updater and i notice that if i start watching an anime that is not on my list it doesnt add it to the watching list but i still havn't checked it for sure (dunno if its an upcoming feature :)).
Another ting is that sometimes MAL updater doesn't recognize episodes without the full name of the anime (i.e. I had some episodes from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni just named as Higurashi and it didn't update (this was on 1.13 or 1.14 can't remember).
To finish i think besides mIRC ,MAL updater could also broadcast to the "lower" text bar of Messenger in the same way it apears in mIRC. Media Player Classic has that feature but i must admit i am not satisfied with it. Or shows the file name or if there is an episode name MPC broadcasts the episode name but not the series name.

Continue your great job :)

Mar 5, 2008 3:47 AM

Static said:
Sorry if im posting something already posted but i didn't check all posts because im lazy and i lack of time to do it atm.

I'm using MAL Updater and i notice that if i start watching an anime that is not on my list it doesnt add it to the watching list but i still havn't checked it for sure (dunno if its an upcoming feature :)).
Another ting is that sometimes MAL updater doesn't recognize episodes without the full name of the anime (i.e. I had some episodes from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni just named as Higurashi and it didn't update (this was on 1.13 or 1.14 can't remember).
To finish i think besides mIRC ,MAL updater could also broadcast to the "lower" text bar of Messenger in the same way it apears in mIRC. Media Player Classic has that feature but i must admit i am not satisfied with it. Or shows the file name or if there is an episode name MPC broadcasts the episode name but not the series name.

Continue your great job :)

Higurashi: too simple for an accurate partial recognition. if you make it "higurashi naku koro" it would be recognized though.

Anime not in your list: the latest beta supports including your "on hold" and "plan to watch" listings. Other than that, if the anime is not recognized, a MAL banner will show up in the top panel, if you click on it, you'll be taken to a search for that anime in MAL.

MSN: already present in the latest beta

Mar 5, 2008 5:49 AM

Kotori said:

Higurashi: too simple for an accurate partial recognition. if you make it "higurashi naku koro" it would be recognized though.

Isn't there a chance to create a script to scan PtW, On Hold and Currently watching to search all entries that have the Word(s) of the file in question and if two or more entries were found there would pop up and alert advising the user to change the file name. If there was only 1 suitable entry it could be assigned to the filename in question

If i knew how to program i would be more helpful :)

Mar 5, 2008 8:41 AM

the app already does a partial match attempt with the original name as well as alternates using various patterns, but just a single word is usually not enough to be accurate, besides it's lame to have just "higurashi" and not the entire name :p

Mar 5, 2008 9:35 AM

Kotori said:

that will be pretty confusing to the users, I got a better idea.. ill post later

Looking forward for it

Mar 5, 2008 9:54 AM

it's done, there is only 1 button, which changes the functionality after the user changes either the episode or score in the panel.. as in.. you click one of the score buttons.. the button becomes "update score", you click the ep buttons or move the slider, the button becomes "update ep"

Mar 5, 2008 10:11 AM

pretty simple, nice, can't wait to get the beta

BTW if you click on a progress bar, it does not change position (how many episodes have been played). You need slightly to move the mouse in place where you have clicked it.
I do not think it was done intentionally, wasn't it? If not, than you could amend it so that it would change without being needed to make sliding (just clicking).

Mar 5, 2008 10:19 AM

hmm it depends where you click. if the bar has many episodes like bleach.. it will change right away, on others with 12 or so, it depends on where you click, since it's divided in steps.

Mar 5, 2008 10:23 AM

nope, it does not change if I just click (without moving the mouse)

I guess for Bleach you experienced it changed because those steps are small and thus the sensitivity to mouse movement is high (meaning you still moved you mouse when clicking).

Mar 5, 2008 10:28 AM

hmm my current build is much newer than last beta anyway, maybe I didn't put the code there yet for the clicks

Mar 5, 2008 10:47 AM

ok, will wait for the latest build

I guess it is too much color

there are many functional buttons but they all of a different color are too small to have a changing background. It makes dazzled.

1. How about to make functional buttons with solid background (without a change from color to white).

2. Remove the Info button, because you can simply click the name to go to series info page on MAL

3. I would suggest other buttons order:
playback, TokyoTosho (next to playback button because you are getting episodes from here for a playback), mirc, Forum (next to mirc becuase somehow they are similar), edit information (followed by other edit functions as episode and score)

4. Maybe to replace the playback button (globe) with "standard triangle" for playback. It will also make it different from the button "open you anime folder in explorer".

Mar 5, 2008 10:51 AM

last build has sorting options per status

1. not sure what you mean
2. some people don't realize about it (many didn't when I included that feature)
3. might do that
4. still looking for better images
Modified by Kotori, Mar 5, 2008 11:22 AM

Mar 5, 2008 11:14 AM

wanted to suggest it :) to sort per status, great!

to 1.
I meant to have for example Forum button with solid pink color (without gradient) with letter F. The button color to make solid, so if you have a forum button you'll have two colors - of a button and of a letter.
Hope it is clearer now.

to 2.
well, some may be not able to realize that you can click the buttons :)
It is just to cluttered with so many small buttons.

to 4.
need some help? maybe I'll stumble upon something good? in which direction to look? what style?

5. how about to change an oder in settings to

Always on Top
Start up with windows
Minimize on Start-up
x button minimizes to tray
Disable Pop Up window
Don't auto-update MAL
Update Delay becomes inactive with this option selected (or other feature Don't auto update will be deselected if to begin to move the slider)

7. If I begin watching the series/episode which is in on hold or planning
or
if I have increased the episode number manually

how about to move it after update (automatic or manual) into currently watching category

a small one: additional space between buttons and "Episode..."

Mar 5, 2008 11:24 AM

3. (previous post) buttons order can be changed as a per-theme setting

5. it looks better like this
aaa
aaaaaa
aaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaa

Mar 5, 2008 11:27 AM

7. ill make a balloon tip pop asking the user to click on the edit button

additional space: can be done via a theme

Mar 5, 2008 11:45 AM

to 3 and to 7
can't wait to build a theme (if that is what you mean, that it will be possible to construct a theme on our own)

to 5
agree look better (I placed it ordering close to functionality)

Mar 5, 2008 12:22 PM

GDL-URAHARA said:
to 3 and to 7
can't wait to build a theme (if that is what you mean, that it will be possible to construct a theme on our own)

not yet

Mar 5, 2008 2:50 PM

a way to set 2 ( or more, but in my case 2 would be nearly perfect) anime folders

Mar 5, 2008 2:53 PM

I also have 2 folders (one for downloading, other for longer keeping),

Then if speaking about more folders we have to take into account subfolders as well.

Mar 5, 2008 7:02 PM

sub folders are already scanned by default

Mar 6, 2008 3:44 AM

Mar 6, 2008 9:47 AM

Mar 6, 2008 4:40 PM

It would be nice if anime that aren't yet rated to display a - or N/A or somenthing like that instead of 1.
And if possible I want MSN to say "Anime:" instead of "Video:"
Modified by Cheezy, Mar 6, 2008 5:10 PM

Mar 7, 2008 1:42 PM

Nerull said:
is there a chance of having it able to auto update iself so i can be EVEN more lazy then now :)

Not really an auto update, but from 1.20 on it will at least download and launch the new installer by itself

Mar 7, 2008 1:46 PM

I think someone asked for this before but I couldn't find the message.. anyway, someone asked for the option to keep track of what needs to be updated when you are offline/without internet and auto-send the updates later on when you go online.

It's not quite like that yet.. but it should help a bit; right-clicking the login button will open a small notepad-like window where all anime/ep you watch that gets identified by malu will be logged, so at least you can keep track of them to later update them manually. Now with the fast-updates option it should be a breeze since no listing refresh is required after an update.

I added it a couple days ago when my ISP was down for 3h :p

Mar 8, 2008 6:34 AM

if I click on scrolling in oder to jump a page
or
if I go up/down with a mouse wheel
it takes page up/down but pretty slow - scrolling the page all entries one by one

I think it would have been better if it "jumped" a page

Mar 8, 2008 8:25 AM

another one:

In themes center, it is pretty long waiting will the pictures will be dowloaded, maybe process it just for the first time and save thumbnails and after that load them instead

Do not alter the picture ratio - the hight and width ratio

Mar 8, 2008 8:46 AM

Yep thought about that; ill have it make thumbnails and resize properly

Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »