Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Natsu's reactions were priceless this episode.

Looks like we get more screen time between Reina and Kumiko again. Also a bit more focus on Taki-sensei. Seems like he is also holding quite a burden to pick out the best from the club. Asuka as usual was pretty fun to watch this episode. I hope Reina can meet the expectations of her role.

Jun 9, 2015 9:04 AM

May 2009
I told you guys. Now I will enjoy the tears.
Jun 9, 2015 9:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
I told you guys. Now I will enjoy the tears.
No tears in my eyes bro :)
AversaJun 9, 2015 10:55 AM
Jun 9, 2015 9:59 AM

May 2009
Enjoy cute gifs

Jun 9, 2015 10:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yuko is really annoying, always thought that. It was really visible though here.

Well, i guess, it did something for Kaori. I doubt, it will change something at the end.

Also Natsuki and Kumiko were great in their conversation, thought that this was the best part of this episode.
Jun 9, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
I felt really bad for Kaori. She acknowledges Reina was better, doesn't complain, and even tells Yuko not to press the issue...which of course she does, making a scene resulting in Reina laying a verbal smackdown on the no doubt embarrassed girl. I woulda freaked out on Yuko for doing that if I were her. As if that wasn't bad enough, now she gets to suffer even more humiliation when the whole band inevitably picks Reina over her anyway next week, the poor girl.
Jun 9, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Really nice episode again.
Btw, I don't think that redoing this trumpet solo will change anything.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 9, 2015 10:42 AM
Feb 2015
Nooo reina you shouldn't be in love with taki. You have Kumiko D;
Asuka is awesome, love how she teases the other girls. Especially kumiko.

Lots of tension in the atmosphere with the auditions. Reina will compete against reina for the solo part. Let's see what happens next.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 9, 2015 10:43 AM

Mar 2015
Yuko is so butthurt I swear. I was really frustrated this episode but it was really good, with great developments
Jun 9, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2013
I can understand why Yuko would be mad that Kaori didn't pass the audition for the solo, but still...

So Reina likes sensei, it was kinda obvious. Excited for the competition between Reina and Kaori.
Jun 9, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Even as a yuri fan I could tell it was a major bait mostly because there is no way kyoani would ever do actual yuri. Anyone who didn't see that bait had there yuri goggles on to tight.
Jun 9, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
Taki-sensei you're ruining my ship :(
Jun 9, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
So the truth is out about Kousaka's reason for picking the school.
Tho it seemed not everyone liked the reason she got the solo but there is a second chance after this i guess.
About any romantic relationship between Kumiko and an other character, i seriously doubt it will happen judging by previous works from Kyoani and the current flow of the anime.
Jun 9, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
meh, not a fan of the uncecessary drama
:3
Jun 9, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2015

"I love Sensei desu!"
#CHEXIT
Jun 9, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
KyoAni's a genius.

I really can't wait for episode 11. This series just gets better and better with every passing episode.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 9, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Aaah, I knew this was going to happen, I was prepared.
Still, I like Reina even more than before, I like everyone more than before though lol This episode was awesome, I've enjoyed every single second.
Finally we know what that flashback was about, Kumiko crying after the talk with Natsuki was so sweet, she has a great senpai now :3
I said it last time, that Yuko would be mad at Reina 'cause of the solo part... Now Kaori has another chance, but I don't think that she'll make it.
Asuka scares me, I still can't figure her real personality, maybe she was sincere when she said that she don't care about others, she's more interesting than I thought.
Jun 9, 2015 11:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That's an awfully convenient second audition right after one of the main girls failed the first one but fair enough...
Jun 9, 2015 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
I hope Reina gets the solo part again how she deserves,I'd like to see more butthurt.
Jun 9, 2015 11:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another very good episode. I thought that the Sensei handled the whole thing extremely badly. He should have enforced his will there and then, making it clear that he's professional and that he chose Reina because she was better, and that if anyone was butthurt about it, the door was wide open. There is no way he should have opened up for a second audition. He can't be undermined every time someone gets their panties in a bunch because their beloved senpai didn't get their role.

Asuka is a lot more complex than I gave he credit for. I wonder where she really stands on the issue.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Asuka-sempai is moving on. Glad she took the failure well. Poor Reina, now the hate is on her. Now, she finally revealed her reasons why she entered the school, and did she just confessed her feelings? She loves Taki-sensei?! Now Taki and Reina are on the hot sit together LOL.

What? Did I got it right? A second audition between Kaori and Reina?!

AversaJun 9, 2015 11:41 AM
#CHEXIT
Jun 9, 2015 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
So many annoying and frustrating things in this episode, I even forgot about what Reina said about Taki-sensei until I read this thread.

Yuko really need to shut up, like seriously. She talked/complained about favoritism here, but I wonder if she's going to pick for Reina over Kaori-senpai in the second audition, if(and when) Reina plays way better than Kaori. She really needs to learn a thing or two from Natsuki.
But oh well, we all know that Reina won't give up on her position that easy.

Farabeuf said:
Another very good episode. I thought that the Sensei handled the whole thing extremely badly. He should have enforced his will there and then, making it clear that he's professional and that he chose Reina because she was better, and that if anyone was butthurt about it, the door was wide open. There is no way he should have opened up for a second audition. He can't be undermined every time someone gets their panties in a bunch because their beloved senpai didn't get their role.

Also agree very much with this.
Jun 9, 2015 11:38 AM

Sep 2008
I love how KyoAni play with shoujo-ai fans :)
Jun 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
I feel bad for Kaori (she's a nice character and I like her) but I hope Reina wins even the second one. I just want to see Yuko get butthurt even more :P She's so annoying.

Kumiko is just too cute <3 I love her so much >.< Her "U're so cute" to Reina and her reaction to Asuka's tickles were so kawaii :3

Lol at Asuka saying she doesn't give a damn XD
Jun 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
Hahaha the SHIPS ARE REAL xD

I love Kousaka, but daaaaamn I want Kaori to win the next audition. It's not only that she made a statement like that in public (I am better) but she also dissed Kaori when talking with Oumae (dem hugs though). I would love a comeback here but taking Kousakas character into account along with the fact she practices just as much + the scene were Taki-sensei is told that "music doesn't lie" all will lead to everyone accepting Kousaka is superior :|

Still a comeback from Kaori would be the best twist imo!! (Along with Oumae confessing to Kousaka. Ok ok fanboy mode off)
Jun 9, 2015 11:47 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, Yuko is an annoying bitch. I get it that you want your friend to be the soloist because it's her last year and thats nice but jesus ..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
GOD FUCK YUKO, FUCKING BUTTHURT LIKE CRAZY. SHES NOT EVEN CLOSE TO REINA IN TERMS OF SKILLS SO SHE NEEDS TO SHUT HER FUCKING MOUTH . Anyways bitches be gossiping, why cant everyone be like Asuka and just play music. Honesstly if i was taki sensei , i would have dropped yuko for creating a scene that led to so much missed practice days. That way people who really wanna play music wouldnt bother creating a scene like FUCKING YUKO. Reina is obviosuly gonna win next episode and then people will see. I feel bad for Kaori though
Cloudy said:

Still a comeback from Kaori would be the best twist imo!!

That will ruin the respect for taki sensei though as it will make it look like he indeed did play favourites so i dont see the show going that way
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 9, 2015 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Yuko is so annoying!

I don't think redoing the trumpet solo will change everything.
Jun 9, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
This was definitely the best episode thus far showing how each of the characters are handling their own internal conflicts in addition to us viewers getting a glimpse at another side of Asuka, Reina, as well as Taki-sensei.

It was about time they showed a spit valve being emptied.
StevenHuJun 9, 2015 12:10 PM
Jun 9, 2015 12:01 PM
Jun 2015
Wahaha, That was the first time we saw Reina like that, it was so funny, then *hugu hugu* kumiko LOL. I still ship them :3 I'm loving Asuka even more with her unempathetic personality, though seriously that was kinda scary.
Jun 9, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
Ok, already last episode I felt the Shoujo-ai dying, and I can live with that, easily. What I'm frustrated about is the drama, which is "OK" by itself (rumors and such) but Sensei, sensei.... Taki-sensei....... a new audition...? Thats just stupid.

(Still not shipping Kumiko and Shuichi :P)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jun 9, 2015 12:23 PM
Mar 2013
It seems that Taki-Sensei could have a plan to have re-audition front of all the club members to begin with, I guess. He is a son of a famous musician who is a friend of Kosaka's father, and you know, the speed spreading bad rumors can be almost subsonic speed. He knew what would happen after the first audition.

The most impressed part in this episode to me is, that moment the words by Matsumoto-Sensei, the vice adviser of the club encouraging Taki-Sensei.

Matsumoto:
Music is nice. You can't lie. You can only admit when something sounds good.
As far as I can remember, your father was of the same opinion, too.

She usually tend to be overbearing, but this time, she didn't say what and how he should do. She just gave a hint.
I guess her words finally pushed him to decide to have another audition again.

IMO, the next audition is nothing but a useless event if you see it from a logical view point, still is an indispensable open ceremony to show off the ability of Kosaka to the club members who don't believe her.
htsujiJun 9, 2015 5:35 PM
Jun 9, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Nakagawa for best girl. This girl treats her junior to a milkshake and doesn't seem to hold a grudge against Oumae. She even made a sweet note on Oumae's music sheet. What's there not to like about her. She's perfect.

Jun 9, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2013
LOL
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jun 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2010
The moments where they began ranting and start being honest were great, especially with Natsuki and Reina going off like that.

The other teacher did a wonderful job prompting Taki-sensei to do something about this whole mess. Playing in front of everybody for the 2nd round. It is nice for Kaori, though, as with this, there would be no doubts left.

Now for everyone who had something to say to accept defeat gracefully after the audition.
Jun 9, 2015 1:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yuko was being a total butthurt for being hung up on Kaori not getting the solo parts. The other girls were also being annoying bitches for circulating baseless rumors about Taki-sensei. As if he's the type of person who'd play favorites. >.<

I guess he didn't have much of a choice but to hold a second audition just so the students would STFU. Really hope Reina still gets to keep her solo parts. Loved how confidently she stood her ground, though it was a bit arrogant.

The ReiMiko ship is pretty much destroyed with Reina confessing her feeling for Taki-sensei. But it'd be great if her feelings stay unrequited so the Yuri ship will still be at bay, even if not sailing at full speed.

Asuka got less screentime again, unfortunately, but she was awesome nonetheless. I like how openly she said she doesn't really care about who plays solo or whatever. So chill.. So best girl! ~

Decent episode. Even though I'm not in full support for the second audition, hoping that Natsuki and Hazuki would click in this time around.
VindstotJun 9, 2015 1:08 PM

Jun 9, 2015 1:11 PM

Nov 2013
I hope they make Reina X Taki happen.
Jun 9, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
My yuri couple... </3 :'c
I still think Kousaka-san will get the solo though. Ah, and get lost already Yoshikawa-san.
Jun 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
What the hell Reina.
Jun 9, 2015 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
Reina confesses to Taki sensei, gets shot down and Kumiko goes in for the rebound

*Probably not going to happen but one can dream*
Jun 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
SierraM363 said:
Reina confesses to Taki sensei, gets shot down and Kumiko goes in for the rebound

*Probably not going to happen but one can dream*

Don't get your hopes up. Kyoani made the anime different from the novel when it comes to character interactions.
Jun 9, 2015 1:31 PM
Jan 2012
This is my most favorite episode so far.

-Natsuki-senpai is beautiful as usual.
-Kaori-senpai never surrenders and grabs an opportunity to stand up. She is not really dubious about the fairness of the audition but she will practice hard and fight even though she probably knows she will be losing again. She is tackling it as her own problem, which is beautiful.
-Yuko-chan is disliked by viewers, but I think it is natural that she sympathizes with Kaori-senpai and stand up for her. Ì don’t think she is doing a wrong thing to support the person she admires. She is immature in her actions and thoughts, but that's "youth". She is playing fair.
-Reina should go her own way and yes beat Kaori-senpai hard without shying away. That is fair competition and only in that way the two can reconcile and be soul mates.
GohanwaOkazuJun 9, 2015 1:36 PM
Jun 9, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2011
jonjoy said:

Meh, he'll probably just blow it off. Figure it just puppy love crush from a school girl who like older mature men.

LOL, everyone dissing Reina and Kumiko shippers as crazy.

LOL, Teacher student shipping in Anime is even more obscure.

While, i would totally ship Reina and Kumiko, Ive already said that it's most likely more of a "kismet" platonic relationship. Reina seems very "awkward" in her social relationships. She avoids them. I think she feels a special bond to Kumiko, so Reina really clings to her disproportionally to what normal interactions are in female friendships. I think Kumiko also feels a bond to her due to the past and present on how their fates seem to be intertwined.

Bakken said:
Ok, already last episode I felt the Shoujo-ai dying, and I can live with that, easily. What I'm frustrated about is the drama, which is "OK" by itself (rumors and such) but Sensei, sensei.... Taki-sensei....... a new audition...? Thats just stupid.

(Still not shipping Kumiko and Shuichi :P)

I agree that it seems so disrespectful to Taki-sensei to outright question his integrity. Those girls were getting out-of-control with the Butthurt.

But in order to get the "mean girls" back stabbing gossip to stop, I guess Taki sensei decided to put the onus on Koari to stop the crap gossip one way or another. So now we got us a Trumpet blow off. May the Best Trumpet Blower win.
CirrisJun 9, 2015 1:50 PM
Jun 9, 2015 1:40 PM
Jan 2012
Cirris said:
jonjoy said:

Reina seems very "awkward" in her social relationships. She avoids them. I think she feels a special bond to Kumiko, so Reina really clings to her disproportionally to what normal interactions are in female friendships. I think Kumiko also feels a bond to her due to the past and present on how their fates seem to be intertwined.

A BIG YES.
Jun 9, 2015 1:42 PM
Jan 2012
Spit vault.

I would have that sir and keep it in bottles. Label them "Kumiko's" "Natsuki's".
Jun 9, 2015 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
the girl is in love with the teacher she has known for a while because the teacher knows her dad. yeah that means nothing.

more reina and kumiko scenes. they just fit together.

remember that one guy? what's his face... hmm??. OH SHUUICHI completety abscent from this episode..

the drama was pretty good this episode
xSanoxJun 9, 2015 1:55 PM
Jun 9, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
i feel like choking the life out of that blonde cunt
Jun 9, 2015 2:06 PM

Jun 2013
xSanox said:
the girl is in love with the teacher she has known for a while because the teacher knows her dad. yeah that means nothing.
more reina and kumiko scenes. they just fit together.

remember that one guy? what's his face... hmm??. OH SHUUICHI completety abscent from this episode..
the drama was pretty good this episode

Shuuichi? Who's Shuuichi?

The truth is...
DoubledogJun 9, 2015 2:10 PM
Jun 9, 2015 2:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man the salt was real in this episode.....Damn girls and their stupid rumors all because they're mad because they weren't good enough

I really hope that Kousaka wins again because I cannot stand that stupid girl complaining for her friend -_-
Jun 9, 2015 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
Club activities are serious business! Really, if you are so desperate to play, there's nothing stopping you from doing it after high school. I wonder if there are actual teenagers in Japan with these bizarre notions of life basically ending after graduation. You'd think they get indentured into slavery at 18 or something.

It was nice having Nakagawa being an adult about it, even if the music during her scene was a bit too dramatic for my taste.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

452 by Pandazzle »»
Apr 7, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

192 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

393 by CorayyAnime »»
Mar 25, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2015

180 by teraphIl1000 »»
Mar 24, 6:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.