Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is probably my favorite episode. Kabuto Kouji and Sayaka fighting for 4min without holding back was kinda amusing, and the overdone Garada subs made it even more fun to watch. That part aside, this was probably one of the best episodes in the show, since we finally got some actual progression for the characters. Lots of things were confirmed like Boss considering Kabuto Kouji as his best friend and really loving Kabuto Kouji.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Jun 2010
It's not saying much but the character animation is a lot better in this episode. They're actually doing things rather than just standing around talking and it's very funny to boot. The leads also finally get to do some actual drama, overblown as it was. Probably my favorite episode so far.
Aug 14, 2016 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly, this is probably my favorite episode so far, it had a lot more comedy in it than previously and thought it was pretty damn funny with all the fights between them, Baron hearing everything they said about him/her, poor guy. It was also interesting to see Sayaka pilot Mazinger hearing her say every attack and all that. I don't know there was just lots of things in this episode that made it best so far worthy to me.
Sep 16, 2016 9:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bye, bye Bazuson M1!!!

The ends of episode, Sayaka say to Koji, she want married wiht him!!!!
Jun 13, 2017 8:06 AM

Nov 2012
Wow Kouji and Sayaka had a full on fight,definitely wouldn't see something like that nowadays,it was very amusing to watch.

Kouji's first time getting mortally injured,Sayaka's first time piloting Mazinger Z,Boss admitting Kouji is his best friend and Sayaka saying she wanted to marry Kouji.

Alot of good moments this episode,definitely among the better episodes of this series.
Mar 1, 2018 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
I did not know whether to laugh or cry when I saw this episode. Even if it does not seem the clash between good and evil becomes more and more tight. Wow, even Baron Ashura has a moment of hysteria.
Mar 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Apr 2016
Occasionally, this show has some distinct storyboarding. I wonder who was in charge of this episode. I liked the moody silhouette usage.
Nov 22, 2023 5:50 AM

Mar 2020
Did not expect all that fighting between the two of them at the start. There's tsunderes and then there's just two people who seem to violently hate each other.

Shame Koji and Sayaka didn't spend too long swapped, it was one of the few times this show did something interesting to shake up the formula
EpiccgaymerNov 22, 2023 6:04 AM

Feb 2, 10:42 AM

Jan 2021
We need to bring back episodes like this, the so-called “modern audiences” aren't ready for this kino.
Feb 3, 7:18 AM

Mar 2016
This was probably something akin to “kino” back in the day, but it’s still so outdated that it’s painful. Not even the currently airing Bravern series with a similar sort of energy made for much of a better alternative, to put it lightly….not even taking lackluster visuals into equation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 2 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 3, 2015

10 by Slorglord »»
Mar 2, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 92 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 18, 2015

10 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 25, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 91 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 18, 2015

6 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 90 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 18, 2015

5 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 25, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 78 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 14, 2015

5 by Leongolleyn »»
Feb 21, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.