Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
I'm surprised how much I ended up liking this show, considering how the plot is just completely crazy

and in this episode it wasnt different
Jun 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
A recap episode... this also happened with Shingeki no Bahamut, I guess because they messed up with the budget too.

Zed saying "See you tomorrow" is really to make us think that there won't be a tomorrow for Leo, right?

I'm pretty sure this episode was 90% comedy only to prepare us for the tragedy that is going to be the ending. I wouldn't be surprised if Leo ends up either killed by Black or giving his eyes and probably dying then but that's gonna be heartwrecking... Leo's character development is one of the best I've ever seen and that really got me attached to him so yeah DON'T DIE PRECIOUS LAD.

Still asking this thought: if Leo gives away his God eyes, does he still have his normal human eyes or nah?
Jun 7, 2015 11:17 AM
May 2015
AquaWateria said:
Why are people saying the episode is like filler when it was basically from the source material? Do some people not understand this series is episodic which is why we get these Sol moments. It's not filler it's apart of the series.

For a while I didn't understand that since it was tying together the anime only material as well as the source. It wasn't until I did some research that I found out that Black and White were anime only, explaining why interaction with them always seemed so separate from other moments in the show. Which is better than them trying to shove it into the middle of source material and making a mess of what's there.

Also, the introduction at the beginning of every episode obviously tells the viewer that the show's format is episodic. Not to mention the first episode where Leo sends a letter to his sister, pretty much telling her about all the things that have happened to him in Hellsalem's Lot. I guess people didn't really pay attention to that though.
Jun 7, 2015 11:34 AM

Dec 2008
I love Zed, but I want to see more of Klaus.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 7, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2013
Poor Leo. God of Chow has betrayed them all.

Damn, here's the Leo, White, and Black confrontation scene.
What would Leo even do in a situation like this?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 7, 2015 12:27 PM
Nov 2014
Does anyone know the song at the end when they are in the chapel? I have tried so hard and cannot find it.
Jun 7, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Soo many places to eat and yet only one sane place where the food or the chair is not trying to kill you in the process. Wtf at that restaurant too... O.O
Jun 7, 2015 1:17 PM
Apr 2014
Exalkin said:
AquaWateria said:
Why are people saying the episode is like filler when it was basically from the source material? Do some people not understand this series is episodic which is why we get these Sol moments. It's not filler it's apart of the series.

For a while I didn't understand that since it was tying together the anime only material as well as the source. It wasn't until I did some research that I found out that Black and White were anime only, explaining why interaction with them always seemed so separate from other moments in the show. Which is better than them trying to shove it into the middle of source material and making a mess of what's there.

Also, the introduction at the beginning of every episode obviously tells the viewer that the show's format is episodic. Not to mention the first episode where Leo sends a letter to his sister, pretty much telling her about all the things that have happened to him in Hellsalem's Lot. I guess people didn't really pay attention to that though.

Pretty much this. I mean that letter that was sent to Leo's sister Michella in episode 1 was basically about all the random and fun hijinks he has done with Libra throughout the series which we the viewers are seeing. That's why in episode 9 Leo didn't know what to write in his letter which all connects back to episode 1 because he finally accomplishes it.

Seriously it's all these little details that makes me love this series so much, too bad some people don't realize it.
Jun 7, 2015 3:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was way too fucking funny...Holy fuck I laughed my ass off from beginning to end xDDDDD

This episode was amazing...Simply amazing, and the last 5 mins.....Shit is about to get real and I hope that Leo (And White) can get out of this predicament okay
Jun 7, 2015 11:15 PM
May 2015
Restaurants in Jeusalem's lot are the most strangest and weirdest places that I would not go to. It's really sad that Kekkai Sensen is ending too soon, I just hope Leo will save Black and date White by the end of the series
Jun 8, 2015 1:24 AM

May 2012
I thought this episode was okay. The stuff with Leo and company were funny enough. I feel like this show does have problems tying it's plot together sometime and can feel a bit jumbled. I also don't really feel much for the other characters because they really only devote a lot time to a few. Maybe a possible season two will fix that.
Jun 8, 2015 2:08 AM
Apr 2015
those restaurants are so weird lmao. the last scene was the most exciting. i wanted to see more action though. can't wait for the next episode! which i mean 11, not 10.5 which is only a recap... which i'll probably not watch i guess :/
Jun 8, 2015 3:54 AM
Oct 2010
DawnJ said:
AquaWateria said:

Yeah, 10 episodes and people still don't get it.

Maybe because in most series this stuff IS filler? I don't really understand how you guys are surprised that people think it is. Personally I think this show is trash, using the guise of being episodic to be random but that's just me. The reason I say guise as well is because it really isn't episodic. There was a continuing story for the last two or so eps.
Jun 8, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
skudoops said:
Maybe because in most series this stuff IS filler? I don't really understand how you guys are surprised that people think it is. Personally I think this show is trash, using the guise of being episodic to be random but that's just me. The reason I say guise as well is because it really isn't episodic. There was a continuing story for the last two or so eps.

Your concept and use of words are really funny, I have to say.

Maybe because this isn't the "most series". Go count how many "plot (yuck, it's really disgusting when people use this word for that purpose)" episodes are there in episodic series like Cowboy Bebop and others. This show is about the life in Hellsalem's Lot with sometimes frosting and icying of shounen battles. That is the content. Also, episodic does not mean it must not contain any "plot (yuck)" elements and continuing episodes. (Almost) Every story needs a finale, whether it's episodic or not.

On a side note, I really don't understand why those anime watchers have the tendency of using tags like "plot (yuuuck)", "character development", or "fillers" mindlessly as a means of excuses for covering their lack of expressive abilities. Just "this was boring" or "not my taste" would rather come much more genuine, seriously.
DawnJJun 8, 2015 4:49 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 8, 2015 5:14 AM

Sep 2013
Interesting episode with both comedic and serious moments. Looking forwared to how it will al wrap up in theend.

Best moment: "Divine famishment" (lol) and the Sopranos reference with Artie, his affair and Charmaine.
Jun 8, 2015 8:05 AM

Mar 2015
Shishio-sensei said:
The black cat from Trigun made a cameo appearance! =3

Saw that! This show sure likes its Trigun references, huh...

Jun 8, 2015 8:51 AM
Oct 2014
How can they miss all but one lunch place exactly behind them all the time?? Poor Leo, chew god is punishing him XD

Never I though this anime would be really entertaining for me, and how pity it only get 12 episodes (not including recap episode), I don't read the manga so I don't really know how much this anime conveying the original. Will there ever be any chance for a second season?
Jun 8, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
The journey of Leo, Zapp and Zed for food was hilarious.
5/5

BlackRadiantBook said:
How can they miss all but one lunch place exactly behind them all the time?? Poor Leo, chew god is punishing him XD

Never I though this anime would be really entertaining for me, and how pity it only get 12 episodes (not including recap episode), I don't read the manga so I don't really know how much this anime conveying the original. Will there ever be any chance for a second season?

Noragami is getting a second season and according to the estimates of BD/DVD Kekkai Sensen is going to sell a lot more, so I think is possible.
Jun 8, 2015 11:26 AM
May 2015
skudoops said:
DawnJ said:

How exactly would it be considered filler if it's all things that actually occur from the source material? It's pretty blatantly stated that these are the events that occur around Leo and Libra. By now, I wouldn't even consider these events random. In fact, why would you? It's not as if any event that occurred hasn't been explained, besides it's Hellsalem's Lot where there is always something happening. It's obviously episodic, sure there was Z's Longest Day but other then that ever other episode just has its own story (minus the anime only moments).
Jun 8, 2015 11:31 AM
May 2015
DawnJ said:
skudoops said:

Your concept and use of words are really funny, I have to say.

Maybe because this isn't the "most series". Go count how many "plot (yuck, it's really disgusting when people use this word for that purpose)" episodes are there in episodic series like Cowboy Bebop and others. This show is about the life in Hellsalem's Lot with sometimes frosting and icying of shounen battles. That is the content. Also, episodic does not mean it must not contain any "plot (yuck)" elements and continuing episodes. (Almost) Every story needs a finale, whether it's episodic or not.

On a side note, I really don't understand why those anime watchers have the tendency of using tags like "plot (yuuuck)", "character development", or "fillers" mindlessly as a means of excuses for covering their lack of expressive abilities. Just "this was boring" or "not my taste" would rather come much more genuine, seriously.

I think it's because they want to give a reason behind disliking a show that puts it in a bad light, like instead of just simply saying "I don't like the taste of bananas," they'd much rather say "bananas lack any expressive flavor compared to other foods. It uses its excuse as a fruit to stand out from other foods but that doesn't mean much if you don't express your taste."
Jun 8, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
DAT FACE EXPRESSIONS. FUCKING HILARIOUS. I loved that episode! It was so hilarious to see Leo and co. searching for food in New York xD
But man...White totally betrays poor Leo ._.

Jun 8, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
I knew White was bad news the whole time
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 8, 2015 8:45 PM

Mar 2015
Leo just wanted some lunch and now he is stuck in this predicament. Excited to see how it unfolds
Jun 9, 2015 2:37 AM

Feb 2012
dang dang dang dang dang ~
lmao anyone know the title of that hipster song they're using?? SOO my jam. Damn, we didn't get to see the 1000 dude fight, but lmfao hilarious episode A++

.....but it certainly felt like the calm before the storm. Zed saying "see you tomorrow" kinda.........................

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jun 9, 2015 2:59 AM
Mar 2013
sunny-j said:
Zed saying "See you tomorrow" is really to make us think that there won't be a tomorrow for Leo, right?

It is not so much that he won't have a tomorrow, but rather they are hinting Leo won't be able to see him tomorrow.
Jun 9, 2015 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
So funny!!
But after the last few minutes I'm so worried, ughh...
Jun 9, 2015 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
I think this formula, a good way to narrate events. Despite not having almost never a serious moment, they managed to reach the predetermined point; some may argue that reaching the climax had the right pathos, this can not give him almost wrong. The feeling that you would expect, is that the question point-blank, but it is not. The rest is always exquisitely beautiful and well done, humor and beautiful designs remain unchanged. I can not wait to follow the next episode. I hope that there is by return a second season of this show, too much fun the atmosphere.

Barion-Zara said:
Leo going crazy was hilarious "FOOD PUNISHMENT!!" was so lol

I agree.
Jun 9, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
Maybe they doing recap episode because of extra effort, needed to the two last episodes.
Jun 9, 2015 9:00 AM

May 2013
Well that was random. It's hard to get a good lunch in that city. We all can see why. I kinda pity them for going for all that trouble just to get some chow.
Black is even more interesting now. White pushes through to taking Leo's eyes.
Recap episode next week. >,<
Jun 9, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
The whole food search was so funny haha
Now White will show if she is bad or good...
Jun 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
A hilarious episode, a bunch of random moments. The end was impressive, I am waiting for the 12.
Jun 9, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
DawnJ said:

Exactly this. It's amusing how people try to sound all high and mighty only because they can't say a simple "this show isn't meant for me".

I'd love to see whether the LoHOS guys are really that good or corrupted by Black already. Apart from that, a typical Kekkai Sensen episode: Stylish, crazy + godly soundtrack.
Jun 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
skudoops said:
DawnJ said:

Most people use the term filler without actually knowing what it means.

Having a continuing story doesn't mean the series isn't episodic. It can be episodic in nature but still have an overarching storyline that connects previous episodes.
Jun 10, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
well that was fucking random
Jun 10, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
A hilariously crazy episode once again!
It cracked me up seeing that Leo, Zapp & Zed couldn't find a find place to eat, without any disturbances or wired crazy fucked-up alienized purely gore random restaurants!
The end of the episode is also a despair filled scene. Leo is in deep trouble especially his all-seeing Eyes op the Gods.
5/5.

Jun 10, 2015 11:57 AM
Jun 2012
"Smoothies". ... Yep. Food trip was hilarious. This show never fails to amuse me.
Jun 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Nov 2014
God this show is good. I'm going to legit cry when the first Saturday comes around that doesn't have any new Kekkai Sensen for me. This show is the follow-up to Trigun that Gungrave never managed to be.
Quality Queen.
Jun 11, 2015 3:38 AM
May 2015
OMG i am in love with this anime series , it lights up my mood ^_^
Jun 12, 2015 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
That was a really fun episode, I would've enjoyed to see them fight the 1000 whatever with Klaus and Steven though. Next time is a recap :/ at least its a separate thing

I can't wait to see what happens to Leo!!
Jun 12, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
That food trip was too funny! Loved the number Tuna and that Zed is getting closer to Leo. And now its time for white to turn on Leo, sad times.
Jun 12, 2015 9:34 AM

Jul 2009
Oh man, poor Leo and Zapp and Zed not being able to eat ANYWHERE ... then getting interrupted when they were finally gonna eat :P Zapp got food poisoning from the tuna too ... ahahaha XD
So a little more background on the Casters and they were chasing down a rogue shipment ... also, the "original" couple went missing and then their children? Would that be Black and White? It said that one of them was a Caster too so ... what? Well in any case White just straight up asked Leo for his eyes ... didn't think that'd be how she went about it :O
Uh, so is next episode actually a recap episode? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT IN A 12 EPISODE SHOW???? T_T That sucks ... I woulda preferred even a random filler :(
Jun 14, 2015 4:22 AM

May 2015
stahp white, zitly great eps
Jun 15, 2015 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
I finally give this one a second try...seem to be alright.
Still don't know MC true power or is it just that he can see better than normal people do...
For this episode, White want Leo's eye?...
Next episode should be fun.
Jun 28, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
Enjoyed the episode with the trio looking for food XD Hope White ends up with Leo together...alive and well :D
Jun 28, 2015 11:24 PM
Mar 2009
Okay, I'll admit I was kind of lost with what Klaus's group was doing. The first half, apart from Leo searching for food and the barrier weakening, was a little too far nonsensical.

Dat cliffhanger though.
Jul 4, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2010
I feel for Leo, I hate when I have to go through such kind of troubles to find a place to eat.

And, a recap?
Jul 14, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
The first 17 minutes were boring and uninteresting. Not moving the plot forward. THe last 6 minutes were good though.
Jul 16, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
All of those restaurants were pretty funny. But that cliffhanger was crazy!
Aug 15, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
omg that was hilarious

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 26, 2015 5:00 AM
Aug 2015
Does anyone know the song when they are looking for restaurants?
Looked for it everywhere and still cant find it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.