Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The...God of Chow. Holy shit.

The supernatural entity concept hit the universal roof this episode. But I loved it for what they did with the society especially since Leonardo gets involved with all the strange phenomenons. Some of the "censorship" stuff was also amusing.

Bloody/5
Fun/5. Another exciting episode!

Black is also such a mysterious character...every week.
Jun 6, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2008
When Zed turned back to look at Leo and said "see you tomorrow" OH GOD WHAT A FLAG!

The last few minutes was so relevant that I felt like the whole episode consists of being the last 6 min long. But the first of the episode was very hilarious, made me laugh a few times.
Jun 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
only 2 episode left

sigh...
:3
Jun 6, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2015
The first part of the episode was quite humorous, and I thought it was going to be more of a light-hearted one this time until the confrontation between Leo, White, and the King of Despair. Can't wait for next week (or whenever this is apparently going to continue).
SonneticaJun 6, 2015 12:29 PM
Jun 6, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Next week episode will be a recap. Why Bones? T_T
Jun 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
ginko29 said:
Next week episode will be a recap. Why Bones? T_T

holy shit, you're right, i didn't even watch the pv

i hope it's gonna be a separate episode, like 10.5 because if it's actually gonna be episode 11 i'm gonna be pissed x(
Jun 6, 2015 12:26 PM
Oct 2012
I can't get enough of this show. The end is near :(
Jun 6, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
The ending sure was full of tension :O Wonder what Leo will do. U'd expect he wouldn't get his eyes taken but there are quite a few flags that show otherwise so far. With Klaus last ep telling him "U're a member even without ur eyes" and this ep with Zed's "See ya tomorrow" Felt quite ominous. Should be interesting.

The first half was full of craziness and fun XD Zed owning Zapp was so lol when Zapp thought making him eat fish would annoy him XD

Leo going crazy was hilarious "FOOD PUNISHMENT!!" was so lol

All dem restaurants though O_o XD Poor Sawashiro Miyuki's character. Her place gets REKT everytime :(

Hope the recap will be 10.5
Barion-ZaraJun 6, 2015 12:39 PM
Jun 6, 2015 12:37 PM
Jun 2015
I am kind of worried that ep 11 is going to be a recap. Recaps usually mean that the budget has been cut and they had to cheap out on one episode. I really hope that isn't the case and that they just mismanaged their budget on the other episodes.
Jun 6, 2015 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
TheSarex said:
I am kind of worried that ep 11 is going to be a recap. Recaps usually mean that the budget has been cut and they had to cheap out on one episode. I really hope that isn't the case and that they just mismanaged their budget on the other episodes.

It's episode 10.5 not 11, just a normal recap.

https://twitter.com/some_one11/status/607249095120416768
Jun 6, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
AquaWateria said:
TheSarex said:

THANK GOD!
Jun 6, 2015 1:08 PM
Jun 2015
alpha_shadow said:
AquaWateria said:

THANK GOD!

+1

Thanks for the info Aqua!
Jun 6, 2015 1:29 PM
May 2015
I DON'T WANT THIS TO END. I have so much love for this show.
Jun 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
That was pretty funny.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 6, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Excluding the ending, that was the weakest episode of this series in a while.

If only greater context was given for Klaus's fight in the background.
Jun 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
Zed and Zapp's interactions are pretty great, had me laughing a bunch. It sucks that next week is going to be a recap but at least its a .5 episode. I assume after that is going to be the big finale of it all which i can't wait to see how it unfolds.
Jun 6, 2015 2:06 PM
Aug 2013
This say my name thing... Is Black a fan of Walter White? :D
Jun 6, 2015 2:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
We are at episode 10 and we still get like 18 mins of episodic stuff. Jesus lol

I'm still liking it, but come on, we need more plot now, not just the last minutes xD
Jun 6, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
Ten episodes and we there has been no story, no good comedy, and no reason for me to care about any of these characters other than "they look cool". Looking cool isn't enough for me I'm afraid.

I'm seen a bunch of people, particularly the "anime was so much greater back then" folks, say this show is a nice return to the days when this sort of anime was around and therefore "always" good or whatever that means. If that's the case, then I'm glad we're not living in the 90s anymore. Because if Kekkai Sensen is anything to go by, this sort of anime sucks. I don't care if it's better than the otaku-pandering trash that make up the majority of the current market. It stil sucks.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 6, 2015 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
Not really a good episode....
That ending... wonder how Leo is gonna get out of that situation
Jun 6, 2015 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
That's the Kekkai Sensen I love and a real return to form after a slightly disappointing episode last week. So many great visual gags this episode and the bonding between the 3 lads was fun as hell to watch. The anime original plot this week was short, but packed with tension although that cliffhanger was a little generic.

It's kind of interesting having a recap episode at the climax of the anime original plot, I really wonder what they're planning to do, or maybe the team just need some extra time to get the last two episodes finished.
Jun 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
Only 12 episodes and the 11th one will be a recap? Are they joking?!
Jun 6, 2015 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
Shishio-sensei said:
Flawfinder said:
Ten episodes and we there has been no story, no good comedy, and no reason for me to care about any of these characters other than "they look cool". Looking cool isn't enough for me I'm afraid.

I'm seen a bunch of people, particularly the "anime was so much greater back then" folks, say this show is a nice return to the days when this sort of anime was around and therefore "always" good or whatever that means. If that's the case, then I'm glad we're not living in the 90s anymore. Because if Kekkai Sensen is anything to go by, this sort of anime sucks. I don't care if it's better than the otaku-pandering trash that make up the majority of the current market. It stil sucks.
You can drop it now then! Save yourself from watching the 2-3 last episodes

I find it fun to talk about the show with friends and such, plus if I'm going to review it once it's over, I'm going to need to finish it. It's not like BBB is the worst I'm sticking with this season anyways (*cough* Plastic Memories *cough* Seraph of the End *cough* Punchline--oh wait, I actually kinda like that one *cough*) and with only two episodes left (three if you count the recap, unless said recap is actually the official eleventh episode)...well I stuck it out this far, haven't I?
Jun 6, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
Midgardsorm said:

The recap won't be replacing the 11th episode, so there will still be two episodes after the recap. Although I agree that it's a little weird that there is even one in the first place though.
Jun 6, 2015 3:10 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Thank god the recap isnt the 11th episode.
but still ... goddammit we have to wait 2 weeks.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 6, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2014
Zapp and Zed's chemistry and interaction is enough to make this show a 10/10.
"Hi!"
Jun 6, 2015 3:46 PM
May 2015
After the ending of episode 9, I really expected a bit more of that than a few minutes. Sorta disappointed, but still a good episode IMO.

Love all those restaurants.

Why a recap episode, WHYYYY!?
Jun 6, 2015 4:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Although a bit too dragged out, first half with the restaurant disasters was quite funny, especially every time Zed rankled Zapp. Leo going nuts and chanting was pretty damn hilarious too!

Wonder who the doctor was referring to who's whereabouts are unknown within the barrier from 3 years ago. It's obvious who the children of the dead casters are, but the whole discussion was kinda left unsettled.

The ending turned out to be rather tensed, considering majority of the episode was comedic. With Black appearing in the scene and White asking Leo for the eyes, it'd hard to say what'll happen. The visuals inside the chapel were beautiful though.

Above average episode. A little too late for recap, but I don't really mind. Just hoping there'll be a second cour.

Jun 6, 2015 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
Koybz said:
Midgardsorm said:

The recap won't be replacing the 11th episode, so there will still be two episodes after the recap. Although I agree that it's a little weird that there is even one in the first place though.

Good to know. Still sucks though.
Jun 6, 2015 4:43 PM
Apr 2013
Hellsalems Lot. Where you either eat or die. Or maybe die eating. Poor, poor Leo.

But to have to wait two weeks now will be painful.
Jun 6, 2015 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
WHAT a recap?

How they expect to finish this history in 1 chap? oh god ;-;
Jun 6, 2015 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Those restaurants that Leo, Zapp and Zed went to all so weird.
Jun 6, 2015 6:20 PM

Mar 2015
Nooo... I don't want it to end this way.
Jun 6, 2015 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
One of the few episodes I really liked. Comedy was on point and what and ending. Shame about the recap ep tho.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 6, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
2 episodes left... *cries*
Jun 6, 2015 7:00 PM

Nov 2013
By and far the best episode yet. When Kekkai Sensen shows its strengths like this, it makes me want a lot more. This is a show that can get better with more room to breathe, so I hope there's a second season down the line.
Jun 6, 2015 7:12 PM

Oct 2011
Leo OMG NOOOOOO
Jun 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! The beginning of the episode was best beginning of the series because I never laugh so hard when I was watching an anime. Disappointed that they skip the war scene after they survive the diner but that's fine. I hope Leo can convince White not to take his eyes away but try to find another way to save her brother Black. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
Jun 6, 2015 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Aw damn. White don't do it!!! Though it's going to be hard to say no when you're Blood Bleed brother is standing in the doorway.

Assume Black is entirely evil...saves a girl who got beat up by weirdo monsters.

Comedy was really good this episode.

Flawfinder said:
Shishio-sensei said:
You can drop it now then! Save yourself from watching the 2-3 last episodes

I find it fun to talk about the show with friends and such, plus if I'm going to review it once it's over, I'm going to need to finish it. It's not like BBB is the worst I'm sticking with this season anyways (*cough* Plastic Memories *cough* Seraph of the End *cough* Punchline--oh wait, I actually kinda like that one *cough*) and with only two episodes left (three if you count the recap, unless said recap is actually the official eleventh episode)...well I stuck it out this far, haven't I?

Bashing this show yet you like Cowboy Bebop? The irony is so strong that my sides legit hurt from laughing. Then attempting to talk shit on Plastic Memories and Owari which are also great shows. Holy shit, I'm in tears and can barely catch my breath that's so damn funny.
Jun 6, 2015 8:43 PM

Dec 2010
Damn! The recap next week is killing me! I can't wait to find out what happens next . (/ω\)

The first half was funny as hell. Leo had some loose screws when he was shouting "Food Famishment!" LOL \( ̄▽ ̄)/ It's cute how Zed and Zapp are always onto each other (o´▽`o)

I really, really a second season is on its way (╥﹏╥) I'll surely miss the characters when this AOTS ends *sigh*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 8:45 PM

Feb 2012
Jonesy974 said:

Bashing this show yet you like Cowboy Bebop? The irony is so strong that my sides legit hurt from laughing. Then attempting to talk shit on Plastic Memories and Owari which are also great shows. Holy shit, I'm in tears and can barely catch my breath that's so damn funny.

I do not consider Bebop on the same level as BBB. Their goals and stories are very different from each other.

And honestly, I have no idea why you're laughing at me in regards to Seraph. Did we watch different episodes this week or something? The one I saw had one of the most boring vampire battles to ever be put to visual medium.
Jun 6, 2015 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
I personally thought the episode felt like a good episode of gintama more than a ny other in the show. The last parts really were hype but man the ED so doesnt fit the episodes anymore.

also i loved the little sublte twist thtta the kfc girl zapp fell in love with and the doctor leo always has were both undercover agents
JizzyHitlerJun 6, 2015 9:19 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man, a very funny episode that seemed to display how happy Leo is now, I'm glad! Also we get snippets of info pertaining to Black and White and oh gosh that ending. Can I just say thank God of Chow that the recap episode is 10.5 and not actual #11. I was super worried about pacing when I saw the PV.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 6, 2015 10:59 PM

Dec 2014
I am seriously impressed at this show for interweaving the random bits of hilarity and blood with the serious plot-line pertaining to White and (Evil) Black.
I really just hope White makes it through this! I find myself showing rare bits of optimism! She'll make it through OK, right?
Jun 6, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 2014
Strange timing for a recap in a 12 episoder but whatever = n =
Jun 7, 2015 12:20 AM

Aug 2014
IMO the only interesting about the show is the leo, white and black plot. Everything else is more like totaly random.
Jun 7, 2015 1:36 AM

Jun 2014
Such a crazy adventure just to get some lunch. Poor Leo, the God of Chow was against him. And Zapp ending up in the hospital lol. Next week looks like it's going to be a recap episode, hopefully it's an episode 10.5 like some people are saying
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 7, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
lmao at the "Food Punishment" part Leo's inner Shinpachi is showing XD
Jun 7, 2015 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
The first 18 minutes were absolutely pointless and a total waste of time. The rest was fairly interesting, but still nothing special. Worst episode yet.

Also, is next week seriously going to be a recap? That's annoying, but I suppose it MIGHT help clear a few things up.
Jun 7, 2015 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like next week is recap?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.