Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 3:15 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That confession at the office!! The ending for this episode was truly awesome! I shed tears.... T_T

Congratulations to both of them and now they can happily spend time together and share memories together! :D Although I hope this lasts before the real feels strike where it'll really hurt... Dx
Jun 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
Beautiful episode! That confession was so cute <3 I'm not ready for what's about to happen.
Jun 6, 2015 4:18 PM
Jun 2014
Isla had finally her feeling at Tsukasa ! <3
Jun 6, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
The ending with Isla´s confession was so wonderful! F*cking perfect! TwT
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jun 6, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Hm, an okay episode. I don't think that ending crying scene with everyone around was necessary though, some quiet, not so crowded place would suffice.

And that partners switch wasn't really necessary, this way it looked only as plot device.
Jun 6, 2015 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
I'm so happy for you Isla!
Hi there
Jun 6, 2015 4:59 PM

Dec 2014
Haha, Kazuki also became a comical character, good job taking your characters seriously.

Show Isla "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora", this cliché is getting more frustrating to watch, it's 2015 and you are still writing like a third-rate tv drama from early 2000, where is your creativity?

I don't get it, now Kazuki suddenly wants to help Tsukasa? But just five seconds before you said there would be irreparable damage if you don't stop them. And "irreparable damage" is a extremely vague term. What is she referring, to the company or to Isla and Tsukasa? And how would there be "irreparable damage", is just two people fall in love, don't you at least first respect their decision and ask questions later?

Seems like Kazuki is the one constantly running away from her problems, no wonder Isla became so pessimistic.

Sure, these thing have human rights but you can decide whether or not teach them emotions, and somehow they can't learn that themselves even though they are claimed to be extremely human-like. See the damage done by episode 5?

If you want to show Kazuki is feeling guilty of making the wrong decision three years ago and now she is trying to persuade Isla using her own personal experience, then using closeup shot of Kazuki's face when she said it's no good for Tsukasa might be more appropriate than a wide shot because that is where the emotion overlap each other. This show is also weird that whenever there is a serious moment the camera position would become so formulated and prefer a wide shot more often as if there's no thought put into it.

Finally! And I predict their first kiss would also be their last because this is how this kind of anime works.
Jun 6, 2015 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
Isla finally told her feelings to Tsubasa.
Jun 6, 2015 6:03 PM
Sep 2014
I know since the start. Isla is a love
Jun 6, 2015 6:19 PM

Apr 2015
That was so sweet., Now she must die.
#CHEXIT
Jun 6, 2015 6:32 PM
Jun 2014
I have mixed feelings about how this show should end. Though it will be very sad I prefer a finale full of feels with Isla being retrived than a gigant deus ex machina happy ending.
If the guys doing this have the balls to end it the "feels way" I'm rating this a solid 8
Jun 6, 2015 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
Though what happened was expected, it was still pretty sweet in the end for how it was done. Definitely liked this episode a ton. It was also neat to find out Isla was the one who started the different retrieval method of Giftias for this specific branch.
Jun 6, 2015 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Another great and heartwarming episode. I'm glad that Isla confess her love to Tsukasa but now I'm more interesting to see how it ends? I sense a bad ending but I hope this anime has a good ending.
Jun 6, 2015 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
That was a beautiful episode! Isla's confession was just perfect. Got me crying again.
Jun 6, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Isla I am so happy but in the end T__________T
Jun 6, 2015 7:21 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, this episode couldn't be any better. 5/5
Jun 6, 2015 7:42 PM
Jun 2015
LOVED this episode. The only thing that pains me is that this episode marks the end of the happy emotions that I will be feeling as I watch this show. At this point I have accepted the fact that I will be bawling my eyes out at the end so hopefully I can cry while watching Isla depart after spending her final hours making memories with Tsukasa and everyone else. But at this point, I am having serious doubts.......
Jun 6, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
Feels.... feels everywhere... can't take it!! QAQ
Jun 6, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2009
Such a heartwarming ending! ^^

I'm happy everything went well by the end! I am also touched by how they know her end is near and, yet, they keep trying to make lovely memories on their time left (specially, Tsukasa! Such a great guy)!

Jun 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
It seems like the music direction of this show has gotten better with more episodes.

Is it just me, or is the style of facial expressions in this episode much different than the other ones? I personally find this style more attractive.

I noticed that there was a lack of laugh-out-loud comic relief this episode. It all panned together nicely, actually.

Also, the couple of episodes showing the black market retrieval guys seem very out of place now that there is a much more defined path that the show is heading.
Jun 6, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
Lain_ said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the show started on a good note with an interesting concept, and lots of stuff to explore and it threw it all away for a bittersweet tearjerker story?
I am genuinely glad they choose this path...If it focused on the way that world works with the story of giftias&stuff it would be shit as a 1 cour there is no way that would work...

more Doki-Doki always welcome...
Jun 6, 2015 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Lain_ said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the show started on a good note with an interesting concept, and lots of stuff to explore and it threw it all away for a bittersweet tearjerker story?

it's been a pretty one dimensional plot... not very deep. some parts are kind of lame too. their execution is a little poor.
but the characters are pretty colourful which helps with having committed till now. but I did expect more of it at the beginning.
Jun 6, 2015 9:37 PM

Dec 2014
I refuse to believe this wasn't the finale.
Jun 6, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Episode full of sentimentality, appeared tears of sadness and tears of joy, at the beginning I thought the drama in this anime would be much deeper, but I'm finding a bit predictable, well, want to see how it will be the last episodes ..
Jun 6, 2015 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
So... what exactly are they going to do for 3 entire episodes now? Slice of life until she pops her clogs? Hopefully this goes down a more interesting route because I can see this getting really boring really quickly.
Jun 6, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
Fake drama, fake romance, plastic anime.
Jun 6, 2015 10:17 PM
Mar 2014
Hope they don't pull a Clannad ending here. Should be something like Isla will be remembered, but Michiru gets the rebound :>
Jun 6, 2015 10:24 PM

Jun 2015
Tbh I thought this was one of the most boring episodes from the series so far. But all of that somewhat boring buildup was worth it because that love confession was superb.
Jun 6, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
WeeabooDestroyer said:
Tbh I thought this was one of the most boring episodes from the series so far. But all of that somewhat boring buildup was worth it because that love confession was superb.

I want happy ending. Tragic ending are good when it happens all sudden. In this case, bad end will be shitty like this in Shigatsu, it was to obvious. When I watched Shigatsu I just waited till she die. I wasn't feel anything. PM for now is way more superior in any aspect than Shigatsu (story, music, characters design and type of drama... Ok backgrounds were better in shigatsu). Feels are real, I can empathize with characters as well.

Btw Clannad ending in this case will not work too. Totally different story.
rsc-plJun 6, 2015 10:49 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 6, 2015 10:52 PM

Apr 2012
Finally Isla confess!
Sherry even moved
congrats Isla and Tsukasa :D

Happy end of this episode.
3 episode left

Jun 6, 2015 11:23 PM
Jan 2015
But can't a giftia be revived, although with their memory erased? I know it sounds weird but tsukasa could wait and start all over with her again. Idk
Jun 6, 2015 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
The way its all going, I doubt we're gonna get any happy endings at all....aww man! I don't want it to end that way :(
Overall, the episode was very 'feelsy' , I just gotta add that...and that ending x') One of the best scenes I've ever scene in an anime.
Jun 7, 2015 12:10 AM

Jun 2014
That was a nice confession from Isla. It would be great if the anime ended after this episode........but we all know how this is going to end in three weeks.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 7, 2015 12:46 AM

Nov 2014

Jun 7, 2015 12:47 AM

Nov 2014
Can't wait for hot kinky sex

Jun 7, 2015 12:55 AM

Apr 2015
Dat hourglass flipping was too obvious man, too obvious...

Solid, but there's an issue I have(among other issues) about the whole anime- their emotional ups and downs and connections seem a bit manufactured and one-dimensioned. They conform to the plot and are mostly stated in their lines...but they don't really seem real, especially Michiru and Kazuki, whose storylines were both grossly undeveloped due to time constraints. In a sense, not their memories but their emotions feel 'plastic'
LanzJun 7, 2015 12:59 AM
Jun 7, 2015 1:45 AM

May 2015
[b]your tears don't fall, they crash around me...[b]
Jun 7, 2015 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
Nice build up to the end. Very emotional confession.
Jun 7, 2015 2:27 AM

Sep 2014
My heart's gonna get ripped apart in the next few episodes, I just know it,
Jun 7, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
The fact that Michiru specifically said "there can't be a good ending to this" in the previous episode makes me there will be a good ending to this.

Moreover, we've seen Tsukasa asking his coworkers if it's possible that Giftias can retain memories of their previous lives after expiration. His respondents were unanimously certain of the impossibility, which makes me think it will be possible, at least in Isla's case.

Given the above, a happy ending wouldn't exactly be a deus ex machina. There's at least been some foreshadowing.
Jun 7, 2015 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
Awww there goes my Tsukasa x Michiru shipping :c But I don't mind the current one tho :')
Finally Isla break out of her shell. It was kinda annoying when she was acting all stiff and whatnot.
Now that I take notice of it, Sherry look pretty darn cute too
Jun 7, 2015 4:39 AM

Mar 2008
I don't care if they have an ass pull ending. I want it to be a happy one where Isla doesn't lose her memories. >.<
Jun 7, 2015 4:45 AM
Jun 2015
somebody mentioned lack of world explanation earlier
i can just agree with that
it 10th episode, we still dont know what giftias , why and how they made, and why their lifespan only 9 years

and Isla just too cute, i got a feeling its gonna hurt at the end
Jun 7, 2015 5:10 AM

Nov 2014
Really, kindergarten. No one thinks how pleasure will be there apart.

Moreover suddenly Isla become hard worker. And the moment Isla got angry, then speak too much - i was really feeling like her character is crumbling.

This series is about nothing. They started on one things, then moved to another. And say particularly nothing soundly anywhere.
Jun 7, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 2015
Personally I'm looking forward for the series to end, not because this is bad but because there will be such a lot of things to say in a review.
Jun 7, 2015 5:56 AM

Feb 2012
Man_Lanz said:

Solid, but there's an issue I have(among other issues) about the whole anime- their emotional ups and downs and connections seem a bit manufactured and one-dimensioned. They conform to the plot and are mostly stated in their lines...but they don't really seem real, especially Michiru and Kazuki, whose storylines were both grossly undeveloped due to time constraints. In a sense, not their memories but their emotions feel 'plastic'

In a much better anime, you could argue that Plastic Memories is a condemnation of the "plastic" feeling you get from watching these sorts of melodramas. Unfortunately, we're not in a better anime.

Man_Lanz said:

Personally I'm looking forward for the series to end, not because this is bad but because there will be such a lot of things to say in a review.

Word. I'm looking forward to reviewing this once it's over.
FlawfinderJun 7, 2015 6:03 AM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Apr 2011
Isla finally confessed her feelings to Tsukasa.

What a touching episode!

Three episodes left for this anime.

Jun 7, 2015 6:22 AM
Nov 2014
Nice episode
Jun 7, 2015 6:37 AM
May 2015
I'm just going to repeat what I said on AS.

I actually agree with Isla's reasoning and think it's completely understandable why she would want to distance herself from a relationship. Therefore I find Kazuki (and the others to a lesser extent) unreasonable. Islas not being stupid, petulant or short sighted at all and her position is completely reasonable.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jun 7, 2015 6:42 AM
Jul 2011
isvak said:
I just finished watching this. I can't stop crying. I've been crushed by the feels train.
I hope this ends the way it is supposed to end. I'd love a happy ending, but it shouldn't happen. This episode was beautiful!

This, was the hardest thing for me to hear/see. Yet, it was obvious.

The SAI Corp Is Going To Retreive Isla Their Own Giftia! But How?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.