Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Jun 19, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
I like seeing the world, lore, and characters altered for the worse/non-existent.
Jun 19, 2015 6:18 PM

Aug 2010
nocorras said:
I like seeing the world, lore, and characters altered for the worse/non-existent.

It's an adaptation, not an alteration of the source material. They can do whatever the hell they damn well please with it, and I'll be sure to enjoy what is there to be enjoyed.
DEEN's adaptation is horrible, doesn't stop me from appreciating the music and the Archer vs Berserker fight regardless of how non-canon it is.
Jun 19, 2015 6:35 PM

May 2015
From this point after HF movie I just want ufotable to do original EMIYA route, aka shitty characters making shitty decisions leading to the shittiest circumstances ala White Album 2.

No one will escape; Shirou, Sakura, Rin, Luvia, Waver, etc. They will all go to literal hell by their own doing.
Jun 19, 2015 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
ProphecyPriest said:
From this point after HF movie I just want ufotable to do original EMIYA route, aka shitty characters making shitty decisions leading to the shittiest circumstances ala White Album 2.

No one will escape; Shirou, Sakura, Rin, Luvia, Waver, etc. They will all go to literal hell by their own doing.

bitch pls they don't even have to do all that.

all they have to do is go with bad end 30.

maximum yuetsu as already there, all they have to do is birth it into an anime.
Jun 19, 2015 6:50 PM

Apr 2014
nocorras said:
Everything legitimately lacking is a nitpick. /s

Too bad Gil won't kill this sub forum.(Luna pls?)

ENUMA ELISH!!!

Jun 19, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
ZeroDragon said:
nocorras said:
Everything legitimately lacking is a nitpick. /s

Too bad Gil won't kill this sub forum.(Luna pls?)

ENUMA ELISH!!!

Ooh, the one in this ep was far more dynamic. :^O
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 19, 2015 6:55 PM

Oct 2014
But one of them is just a regular EA Ea whirlwind!
Jun 19, 2015 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Forgetfulness said:
I mean the alternative (what happened in the VN) is him using it on Shirou because "lol why not?"

But that fits Gil's character and works far better than Gil attacking a GIANT DICK HAND and Shirou just randomly tanking the damage.

What they did in anime also trivializes Shirou/gil conflict as "Sidestory" by focusing on grail, while it should be the other way around.

the main problem is the
or whatever saved Shirou, it wasn't clear in the VN.

Everything in the anime doesn't needs to be exactly like the VN
the grail reaching out for gil is good and it's

I don't see how it hurts Shirou and Gil confrontation
Jun 19, 2015 7:04 PM

Mar 2015
fst said:
ProphecyPriest said:

Fate/ edge night incoming
Jun 19, 2015 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
MightyM16 said:
fst said:

Fate/ edge night incoming

bet you zerofags would love it provided they made a decent epilogue to go with it that made it seem like a legit, proper ending.
Jun 19, 2015 7:15 PM

Oct 2011
Bringing up the superior Fate/Zero? Why am I not surprised.

Anything to stave away the realization how half baked this adaptation is right?
Jun 19, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Gov said:

I'm going to assume that's not directed at Fai.

Actually... I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be directed at.
Jun 19, 2015 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
My only real worry right now is if we will have HF trailer after the episode tomorrow.
no
Jun 19, 2015 7:19 PM

Mar 2015
Reymon698 said:
My only real worry right now is if we will have HF trailer after the episode tomorrow.

It's not the last episode

I fully expect a new HF PV after the last episode ending
Jun 19, 2015 7:22 PM

Mar 2013
it's about time we got a new HF PV.
Jun 19, 2015 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Also I still don't see where the dick in the "dick hands" complaint is coming from.

people see what they want to see

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 19, 2015 7:24 PM

May 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Also I still don't see where the dick in the "dick hands" complaint is coming from.

I actually don't know either, I didn't want to ask because I might look silly.
Jun 19, 2015 9:40 PM

Sep 2014
Forgetfulness said:
it looks like a hand coming out of the foreskin of an uncircumsized cock....
Jun 19, 2015 9:42 PM

Sep 2014
Gov said:

silly gov we all know they're just learning the folly of their ways and realising that shinesugan tsukihime is superior to either
Jun 20, 2015 12:59 AM

Oct 2011
Maloghurst said:
Gov said:

silly gov we all know they're just learning the folly of their ways and realising that shinesugan tsukihime is superior to either

Ah yes the best adapted work of them all. The rave reviews says it all.

I was mistaken.
GovJun 20, 2015 1:05 AM
Jun 20, 2015 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
Ufo need to make tsukihime although I would rather they made mahoyo because then the western TM fanbase would be able to experience the story.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 20, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
black1blade said:
Ufo need to make tsukihime although I would rather they made mahoyo because then the western TM fanbase would be able to experience the story.

I don't want Ufo to make Tsukihime just yet

TM needs to give us the remake with Sacchin route first
Jun 21, 2015 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
So Gil just let Rin walk in and take Shinji... smart.

Speaking of Sakura... haven't seen her since the beginning of the show...
Jun 21, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
BurntJelly said:
So Gil just let Rin walk in and take Shinji... smart.

Speaking of Sakura... haven't seen her since the beginning of the show...

Why should he care? They're all going to die anyway, and it's not like that kid can defeat him.

For Sakura, stay tuned for the upcoming Heaven's Feel movies.
Jun 22, 2015 3:34 AM

Jul 2008
Finally we get the Glidy fight, let's hope its better than the movie.
Jun 22, 2015 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
The atmosphere is warming faster and Gil also took its armory the most valuable piece; are about to start then the fireworks, it was also time to kick off at this stage. Narratively are satisfied as we have seen, unfortunately we could not give everything now, so I'm not bitter that it ended the episode at the climax. Drawings and animations always fabulous for a TV series.

ZeroDragon said:
VN purist or not, this anime hasn't been impressive.

Despite what I wrote above, I agree with your words. Although I expected something more impressive, I am a little bit disappointed.
Jun 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
I'd thought you to be a lovely little bird, but in fact, you were some kind of lion.

Aside from the fact this failed to properly convey just how nasty that pit of curses is and neglected to show Rin being swallowed up into that holy grail mess and almost abandon hope of escaping, I thought this was very good from an adaption perspective. It fails, obviously, if compared 1:1 to the VN, but the changes and pacing to make it work as an anime were well done as far as I can see.

I really enjoyed this episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 27, 2015 10:29 PM
Nov 2010
Having not played the VN I was a bit dissapointed with this episode. I immediately came here to find out how Saber didn't get cut to pieces.

I though Gil's monologue was pretty flashy but had no substance and overall felt the fight with Emiya seemed lacking but I'm hoping it's just preparing for the next episode.
yngtadpoleJun 27, 2015 10:35 PM
Jul 4, 2015 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
Ah man, wish Assassin had more screen time. He seemed like one of the more interesting servants, especially considering the revelation of his identity and existence.

But hands down I'm going to say Gilgamesh is my favorite. He has one of the most fascinating minds I've come across in anime. His larger than life philosophy embodies his importance as a mythological king.
Jul 5, 2015 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
another episode. stuff happened. animation was cool.
Get out of the damn flesh pile Shinji.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 8, 2015 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
Well, the giant arm coming out of the grail was pretty weird. Not quite sure why they did that, seemed kind of over the top. Other than that, this wasn't too bad. Actually, nah, the Saber/Assassin fight didn't come out that well imo. Never been a big fan of Assassin, but I feel like the fight should have had more to it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 19, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2011
Whether Shirou should be capable of summoning the swords like this or not is one thing, but now that he can, he is supposed to match Gilgamesh, even by Gilgamesh himself. He could easily kill him. With his bare hands, in a "fair" match sword vs. sword, an all out salvo or just use Ea. He said it himself - he can't take Shirou serious, otherwise his title of king would be meaningless etc. He also wants to enjoy the fight, it's not often he can do so. So he will obviously not shoot more than he thinks Shirou can deflect for now.

What i don't get is why Shirou is doing this.Wasn't their only hope to defeat Gil for Shirou to use UBW? The whole point of last episode was to give him enough mana to be able to use it, and now he is wasting it on projection upon projection.

Well, it would be funny if he managed to drain Gil's vault, but that wouldn't change the outcome of Shirou vs Gil. It would change Saber vs Gil though i guess.
Jul 22, 2015 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
this episode was really intense, one of the better ones from this anime. I'm feeling so sorry for assassin, he was such a nice guy...
Jul 25, 2015 7:05 PM

Dec 2008
Not doing recon before formulating a battle plan. 10/10. Best characters.
Wanting to save someone who has attempted to rape you numerous times now. Best characters.
Jul 27, 2015 4:34 AM

Mar 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Ah man, wish Assassin had more screen time. He seemed like one of the more interesting servants, especially considering the revelation of his identity and existence.

But hands down I'm going to say Gilgamesh is my favorite. He has one of the most fascinating minds I've come across in anime. His larger than life philosophy embodies his importance as a mythological king.

They gave him a lot more than in the original F/SN.
Aug 14, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2012
Decent episode in general, let's see what's next!
Dec 4, 2015 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder how long Shirou is planning to hold off on his reality marble.
Dec 5, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
Gilgamesh being an OP Mofo :D
Jan 10, 2016 9:02 AM
Aug 2015
Oh man I'm so tired of this anime. So here's the plot in short:
- I wanna save everyone!
- You can't!
- You're right, I can't! But I can! But I don't really want to, because it's not my wish! But it doesn't mean I shouldn't! No, it IS my wish after all! I will save everyone in the world!
- But you can't, don't you understand?!
- I can! Though you're probably right that I can't, but you're wrong! I will become a super mega cool hero and save everyone no matter what!
5 mins later:
- Leave him to me and step back!
- No I will fight him and you step back
- No you step back and I fight him
- No you step back and do not interfere even if I'm dying there
- No you run and I stay and fight him even if it means for me to die
5 mins later:
- He was right after all! I can't save the world! But I'll still do it! I'll save everyone!
- You can't because your bones are broken and you're smashed and covered with blood
- No I can because I'm Jesus and I'll sacrifice my life to save everyone

You see, I'm watching it only because of the amazing graphics. This anime is surely one of the most fascinating things I've seen in this world and I'm definitely gonna rewatch it many times only to look at these amazing views and battles.
But all this talk is taking too long and annoys me so much.
Apr 19, 2016 3:35 PM

Nov 2015
Shirou parrying Gilgamesh attacks... what a joke...

But oh well, I guess Shirou has to win in the end.

PD: Ea awesomeness!

yoshino21 said:
Oh man I'm so tired of this anime. So here's the plot in short:
- I wanna save everyone!
- You can't!
- You're right, I can't! But I can! But I don't really want to, because it's not my wish! But it doesn't mean I shouldn't! No, it IS my wish after all! I will save everyone in the world!
- But you can't, don't you understand?!
- I can! Though you're probably right that I can't, but you're wrong! I will become a super mega cool hero and save everyone no matter what!
5 mins later:
- Leave him to me and step back!
- No I will fight him and you step back
- No you step back and I fight him
- No you step back and do not interfere even if I'm dying there
- No you run and I stay and fight him even if it means for me to die
5 mins later:
- He was right after all! I can't save the world! But I'll still do it! I'll save everyone!
- You can't because your bones are broken and you're smashed and covered with blood
- No I can because I'm Jesus and I'll sacrifice my life to save everyone

jajajjajaja that's hilarious. Thank's for that :')
Apr 19, 2016 10:51 PM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:
Shirou parrying Gilgamesh attacks... what a joke...

Shirou was not supposed to do anything but lock Gil into being unable to attack by breaking swords faster than Gil can swing them and keeping a very close range.

If the fight actually went the way anime depicted it, a single attack from Gil should be enough to completely destroy Shirou.
May 10, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2011
Gilgamesh is such an op mf.
May 24, 2016 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
Ea! :)

Don't mess with the Saber Lion.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 29, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2010
It was alright, seems a bit dull for being the finale.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 29, 2017 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
So we finally got to see Excalibur, was about time. It's only Saber against Gilgamesh now, though surprisingly Shirou is still alive xD
May 21, 2017 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
A decent episode. Nice to see Gilgamesh use Ea.

Jun 3, 2017 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! I fucking love the animation. Especially watching this on Blu Ray!!

How did Shinji's body returned to normal after that transformation!?! Should have killed him tbh.

Damn, Gilgamesh's ego annoys the shit out of me.

The fight with Sasaki Kojirou was quick, but fitting due to the nature of duel. Saber already knew his secret technique and was able to counter it instantly.

Next episode is going to be godly!!
Aug 14, 2017 11:05 PM

Aug 2017
Gilgamesh is just too OP. Shirou should die already.
Jan 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
This season started off so strong, but it's really losing me.

I am compeltely lost about what the grail actually is. It's been a long time since I saw Fate Zero. Was it explained better there? I am generally just confused by the plot by now.

But that isn't the worst thing. I can fill in the blanks when it comes to plot. What annoys me more is that UBW got kind of boring. The fights are so lame and freakin short. It's usually 3 - 4 attacks, if even that, and then it's over. We get endless (!) monologues, but little to no action.

Tohsaka Rin deserved better. She's still freaking awesome though.
Sep 18, 2018 11:29 PM

Sep 2014
This episode gave some Persona 5 vibes..
XiferVPSep 19, 2018 12:01 AM
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.