Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
The other gears we saw looked awesome and damn that ending :o
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 6, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Fight animation is meh and the chapter was a bit boring.

Anyway last part was okay and next episode seems interesting.
Jun 6, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Yu's going ham next week. Let's hope they make it good but i doubt it..
Jun 6, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
Decent episode. Interested to see what happens next.
Jun 6, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
the ending to this episode was pretty great. there was a good amount of build-up, and it didn't feel too cliche. i'm a little excited to see what happens next.
Jun 6, 2015 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
The_Deceiver said:
deadglory said:

That was my first thought when I saw the preview.

Please don't compare Ken with that generic shit.

Kaneki copied Allen Walker. Allen was the original and the best character out of all 3. The truth hurts.

KuroYakshaJun 6, 2015 10:56 AM
Jun 6, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
oh god, the pan stills...pls
Jun 6, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was surprising. Great episode.
Jun 6, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Wow. Actually enjoyed this episode.
Jun 6, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
The action scenes in this anime always seem very slow and boring. Definitely a big flaw. Mika vs. Guren was a decent fight, but the problem I just pointed out took away from it a bit. I haven't picked up the manga yet, but I'm pretty sure Guren won't die. He's one of the only characters I actually like, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. And what a reunion lol.....hopefully by the looks of the preview, the action in next week's episode is better
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
The best one so far, the second half was well done. Beautiful fight animation for the first time and one guy die. Guren was so cool, it's too bad but interesting. Next time Yu become a demon, I hope Mika will not revive.
Jun 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
That was unexpected ! Next ep looks wut:D
Jun 6, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
Shit episode. Probably the worst yet.

First 15 minute of the episode was just a waste of time. It doesn't help with the shit pacing. What the hell were they even trying to accomplish? And the fight scenes were so bad. So many stills were used.

1/5

Too bad there's no 0/5.
Jun 6, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
The fight scenes in this episode were fucking terrible. It just felt like Wit Studio decided to say "fuck it, let's put no budget or effort into the fight scenes now".

Still, the moment I have been waiting for finally arrived. But it just HAD to end there didn't it. God dammit. This is going to be one agonising wait for next ep.
Jun 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
The previews are way too spoilerish
Jun 6, 2015 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
KuroYaksha said:
The_Deceiver said:

Kaneki copied Allen Walker. Allen was the original and the best character out of all 3. The truth hurts.

Did you even read what he said?
Jun 6, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
LauraBirdie said:

Yeah did you see that? Yu gets bloody strong next episode.
Jun 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
A decent episode, but it'll all come down to how they'll wrap up this season
Jun 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
KuroYaksha said:

Did you even read what he said?

"The Deciever" was the last to comment on the topic, so I decided to respond to his post. But I was really responding to all of them, not just "The Deceiver"

I didn't feel like quoting everyone who took part in the "Yu/Kaneki comparison" topic.
Jun 6, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
KuroYaksha said:

"The Deciever" was the last to comment on the topic, so I decided to respond to his post. But I was really responding to all of them, not just "The Deceiver"

I didn't feel like quoting everyone who took part in the "Yu/Kaneki comparison" topic.

It wasn't even a topic. It was just meMahiru telling the future like Ishe always does. :/
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
What is going on with the animation, so derpy.

I find Yu's character a bit inconsistent. One moment he seems calm, almost rational and seems to be leader of the group and other moment he is back to being reckless, brainless, screamy child. These changes are pretty jarring to me.

Other problem that's bothering me is lack of explanation of their power system and world building. I was mildly surprised to see magic and spells used in fights. Without proper power system establishment or world building it comes off very random to me. Same applies to the fancy sounding "progenitors" and other stuff relating to cursed gears, pills and whatnot. I hope it will be explained and explored later on in the series. Lack of explanation wouldn't even be a problem if it was done in a form of mystery, with hints that some coherent power system or magic exists, like it was done in HxH for example. Here in this show, everything just seems very random and almost feels like it's just to make the show, the fights more cool and fancy and the world building is almost forgotten.

Anywho, meh episode though the cliffhanger was pretty okay, even though it was predictable.
Jun 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
Nice falcon punch there by Ferid. I bet that Guren flying after that punch could combine very well with Guille's Theme. I'm waiting for someone to do that.
Nice animation in some battles there. And of course Shinoa. Best character.
Looking forward to see how they animate the next episode.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jun 6, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2013
so, does anyone have a name for that slap??? cuz it needs one
Jun 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
robis798 said:
What is going on with the animation, so derpy.

Indeed. ~.~

I find Yu's character a bit inconsistent. One moment he seems calm, almost rational and seems to be leader of the group and other moment he is back to being reckless, brainless, screamy child. These changes are pretty jarring to me.

Well that scene wasn't in the manga, so they were pretty much winging it.

Other problem that's bothering me is lack of explanation of their power system and world building. I was mildly surprised to see magic and spells used in fights. Without proper power system establishment or world building it comes off very random to me.

This is explained in the LN. Pretty sure nothing has been said in the anime/manga so far.

Same applies to the fancy sounding "progenitors" and other stuff relating to cursed gears, pills and whatnot.

Google is your friend.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about the cursed gears. They've already been half explained. And the pills are super easy to understand. They give them the power to fight vampires. Simple.

I hope it will be explained and explored later on in the series. Lack of explanation wouldn't even be a problem if it was done in a form of mystery, with hints that some coherent power system or magic exists, like it was done in HxH for example. Here in this show, everything just seems very random and almost feels like it's just to make the show, the fights more cool and fancy and the world building is almost forgotten.

The fights are meh and the Cursed Gears will be expanded on in the second cour.
Jun 6, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
GUREN ;-;

MIKA ;-;

YU ;-;
Jun 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2015
mira-nyan said:

It wasn't even a topic. It was just meMahiru telling the future like Ishe always does. :/

So that's why I sensed a sudden urge to share that picture with the MAL community :D. Btw I just found it interesting how the stuff grown out from the back of Yu looked like kind of Kagune-ish. According to the manga i didn't see/imagine it that way. I didn't want to compare them based on their personality and morale.

Jun 6, 2015 12:20 PM
Apr 2015
phew that cliffhanger though~
Jun 6, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
KuroYaksha said:
Boring episode. Guren isn't dead and only the ending was good.

+1.
Jun 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
Nothing happened in the whole episode and I almost got a heart attack during the last 30 sec. First, I saw the reunion was coming... then suddenly Mika stabbed Guren and then Yuu stabbed Mika... and I was just sitting here like "WHAAAAAT????" This anime will be the death of me for sure! o.O And now I have to wait a whole week nooooooooo!!! T-T
Jun 6, 2015 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
Well I was totally wrong about the action last week boding well for the action in the last three eps. Everything but a few Kimizuki cuts and one exchange between Mika and Guren was pitiful. The ending was the only thing handled well, but the impact was already lost when Mika knocked down and cornered Guren and all we saw what a derpy cut from far away.

KuroYaksha said:
The_Deceiver said:

The truth feels good.
Jun 6, 2015 1:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jump straight to the 15 minute mark...everything before is a waste of time honestly.
Awkward ass ''action'' scenes.

Also the ending....i expected better (i knew, this was coming since i spoiled myself before).
Jun 6, 2015 1:22 PM

Mar 2015
Seems like every time it seems to be getting better, something dumb happens. :(

Heard enough good stuff about the manga that I don't want to drop it though.
Jun 6, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
They need to cut it out with the ridiculously pointless filler.
Jun 6, 2015 1:52 PM

Apr 2014
Meh...nothing special happen here as well.
I still find the sound a little off.
Next episode and MIki will meet with his old firend Yuu.
Jun 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Mar 2015
Man, things just got real... Pretty good episode. 3/5
Jun 6, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Cinerary said:
They need to cut it out with the ridiculously pointless filler.

They're 2 episodes left. They need to leave it as a cliffhanger at the end of the cour. The fillers are justified, but wow, let's just totally repeat like 5 minutes of the last episode, lol.
Jun 6, 2015 2:04 PM

Dec 2014
Yu's friend just possibly got killed and he's stabbed his best friend through the chest after not seeing him for a number of years. What a nice reunion.
Next episode looks good.
Jun 6, 2015 2:14 PM
May 2015
mira-nyan said:

This is explained in the LN. Pretty sure nothing has been said in the anime/manga so far.

Actually a little bit was explained in the manga, but only after the Shinjuku Arc

Jun 6, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2013
You know what, I like this whole demon weapon thing... but other than that this anime is so ultra cliché that it really annoys me.

How often did we already see the "two best friends are forced to be rivals because of some bs coincidences"-troupe before something new happens?

If the characters were even original, but nope, main character is the generic hot blooded hero who overcomes everything through friends and sheer willpower or is overcome by his mysterious demon powers if that doesn't work out... and of course the blond childhood friend who is on the evil side for very, very shallow "dramatic" reasons that don't really make sense if you think about them for longer than 10 seconds and is suddenly ultra skilled and better than anyone at everything he does for just as much nonsense reasons.

But gotta go save Yu though, right? From the "evil" humans... totally forgetting that you got into this situation because of the vampire standing right next to you, who killed all of your other friends just for fun and would've done the same to you and Yu if he had gotten the chance.

I mean "I'm fine now. I know what their tactics are."? Are you seriuous? You have seen ONE tactic, ONE. Do you have the Sharigan now? Wouldn't suprise me, how many copypaste Sasuke/Slaine characters do we need?
(Even his whole personality became completely generic arrogant douchebag for no reason just because he became vampire...)

Because of course he beats the captain of the highest elite vampire extermination squad who has years worth of more actual battle experience and training than him, while also getting faster as he does so (which was such important detail to the scene that it had to be mentioned, right?)! Why does Guren not even use his freakin' demon weapon ability or do you really want to tell me that black smoke stuff that he released almost everytime now showing off his weapon was just for dramatic entrance purposes?

And then the drawn out, really anti-climactic stab in the chest... what even was that? Did they realise too late as they made the episode that they already used their last second deus ex machina to stop the attack with the save of the dual sword guy before or because they needed some stupid reason for Yu to run berserk next episode?
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 6, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
That ending was amazing. That preview O_O 2 more episodes...
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 6, 2015 2:24 PM
Apr 2015
God damn that was a good episode!!! I also like how Mika is refusing to work with the other vampires and is trying to do everything alone and seperate himself from the others, like he's trying to be as non vampire as he can, that reunion at the end, predicted it was going to happen with Mika midfight but did not realise the stab was coming!? Which was epic when it did happen☺️
Jun 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2011
LauraBirdie said:
it's some seasons i'm skipping all the previews, never regretted it

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Feb 2009
That was crazy

Sep 2014
DancingJack said:
You know what, I like this whole demon weapon thing... but other than that this anime is so ultra cliché that it really annoys me.

How often did we already see the "two best friends are forced to be rivals because of some bs coincidences"-troupe before something new happens?

If the characters were even original, but nope, main character is the generic hot blooded hero who overcomes everything through friends and sheer willpower or is overcome by his mysterious demon powers if that doesn't work out... and of course the blond childhood friend who is on the evil side for very, very shallow "dramatic" reasons that don't really make sense if you think about them for longer than 10 seconds and is suddenly ultra skilled and better than anyone at everything he does for just as much nonsense reasons.

He's already a vampire without drinking human blood. Vampires are stronk af. And he didn't join the evil side. He clearly doesn't want to be one of them and is only going along with it because he wants to save Yu from the horrible humans.

But gotta go save Yu though, right? From the "evil" humans... totally forgetting that you got into this situation because of the vampire standing right next to you, who killed all of your other friends just for fun and would've done the same to you and Yu if he had gotten the chance.

Watch the next 2 episodes. The humans are horrible af.

I mean "I'm fine now. I know what their tactics are."? Are you seriuous? You have seen ONE tactic, ONE. Do you have the Sharigan now? Wouldn't suprise me, how many copypaste Sasuke/Slaine characters do we need?
(Even his whole personality became completely generic arrogant douchebag for no reason just because he became vampire...)

Umm....no? He's arrogant because he knows he's stronk. He has drank the blood of the 3rd progenitor ffs. And their tactic is to set up a trap while the enemy is being distracted, before finishing him off.

Because of course he beats the captain of the highest elite vampire extermination squad who has years worth of more actual battle experience and training than him, while also getting faster as he does so (which was such important detail to the scene that it had to be mentioned, right?)! Why does Guren not even use his freakin' demon weapon ability or do you really want to tell me that black smoke stuff that he released almost everytime now showing off his weapon was just for dramatic entrance purposes?

This happened lots of times in the LN. He's probably just playing the fool so the vampires don't know his real power....

And then the drawn out, really anti-climactic stab in the chest... what even was that? Did they realise too late as they made the episode that they already used their last second deus ex machina to stop the attack with the save of the dual sword guy before or because they needed some stupid reason for Yu to run berserk next episode?

Well Guren got stabbed so idk what you're talking about...

Feb 2015
Two more episodes. How much longer are they going to drag this out.

I'm pretty sure this cour will end with Yuu getting possessed and the Seraph coming out.
Jun 6, 2015 2:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Forgot to mention....someone needs to gif that moment when Guren went flying. That was hilarious and some ''you spin me right round, baby' material.
Jun 6, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, development is much slower in these recent episodes, the adaptation is harnessing well the plot, but I wanted more fights, well, from now on the last episodes will be very exciting, I'm looking forward to watch ..
Jun 6, 2015 2:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The animation was extremely poor in this episode. I would have expected a higher budget for something like this.

Pretty good place to end it, a good cliffhanger that is then utterly ruined by the preview. It seems that no MC will die in this series (at least early on).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2015 2:40 PM
Feb 2015
STUPID CLIFFHANGER D: wow so intense. Lots of good action, all the members are bonding. Can't belibe guren got stabbed and mika was stabbed too. Will they LIVE????
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 6, 2015 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
that preview is rubbing salt to dat cliffhanger wound
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.