Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 2017 12:54 AM

Sep 2016
As others have said, I like anime for the diversity of stories and settings that would be cost/time prohibitive in live-action shows.
All the special effects or green-screen scenes are expensive and more difficult to produce for live-action.
Then there's all the re-takes when 1 or more actors flub a line or action scene.
There is also the situation of sometimes compromising on actor's looks to get good acting/action skills or vice-versa.
And good luck finding enough good looking actresses that are ok with ecchi/nude scenes and then being able to air it outside of subscription channels like HBO.

In animation, it doesn't cost more to draw nudity, mechas, robots, monsters, aliens, spaceships or other-worldly settings or items than it does for drawing more realistic things.
If a VA messes up a line, they just re-record that line, they don't have to draw the whole animated sequence over again.
In animation, the characters can be drawn as pretty/handsome, in any situation with any skill-set, that the artist wants.
Physics also takes a back-seat in animation.. look at all the shows where some scrawny kid is wielding an over-sized sword with ease like Darth Vader wields a light saber.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Jun 25, 2017 1:00 AM
Sep 2016
Anime has shit that does not occur in the 3d world
Jun 25, 2017 1:03 AM

Jun 2017
There are 2 VERY BIG reasons.
Other than that would be... Plot.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

29 by Mykasan »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
24 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
59 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
1 hour ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.