Forum Settings
Forums

Are there other studios besides Madhouse, P.A. Works, and Kyoto that care about their anime?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 19, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
Necro??????? Bruh, least I get to tell you that the studios that will surpass these three will be both Studio 3Hz and Studio Orange

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Feb 19, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Leosmileyface said:
I think the only studios that care about their anime are the studios that care about their staff, the two join together. This leads me to only a few: KyoAni, Ufotable and possibly Science Saru(we don't know much about this one).

I'm intrigued to know what Science Saru would look like without Yuasa. For now their anime are mostly known for the director, not really reputed for the studio.
Feb 19, 2020 1:12 PM

Nov 2010
I have been into MAPPA and Lerche lately, not everything they put out is great, but they have taken lot of interesting projects.
Feb 19, 2020 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
There is probably not a single studio that "cares" for their shows, they just wanna make money. Who cares more is the staff with the lead people that had the ideas for the show and how they bring it to live, you can't just say "that studio cares..." solely based on their animation quality. Some studios of course give their animators better working conditions wich attracts better directors that care more for their works, but thats just a assumption.

Animation Quality is not one hell of a indicator of "caring" more what and how things are animated. the latest SAO season is one where i would say its not one whit a lot of care, it has decent to good animation but completely generic cinematography and just look at the god damn human soldiers they all have the same model.

This Thread did not age well mhhh.
-Mullerio-Feb 19, 2020 1:19 PM
Feb 19, 2020 1:25 PM

Dec 2018
Hrybami said:
Leosmileyface said:
I think the only studios that care about their anime are the studios that care about their staff, the two join together. This leads me to only a few: KyoAni, Ufotable and possibly Science Saru(we don't know much about this one).

I'm intrigued to know what Science Saru would look like without Yuasa. For now their anime are mostly known for the director, not really reputed for the studio.

Well, it is his studio, so that is to be expected. Interesting thought though, who knows ;P
Feb 19, 2020 1:31 PM
May 2018
Well, Toei often have seiyu reprise their 30+ years old roles, so maybe that counts.
Feb 19, 2020 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
Leosmileyface said:
Hrybami said:

Well, it is his studio, so that is to be expected. Interesting thought though, who knows ;P

I didn't know it was his studio. That's pretty damn impressive. I'm looking forward to more of his shows.
Feb 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Aug 2016
no idea who nekrod this post im not even gonna check, but wow, what a terrible opinion to have
Feb 19, 2020 5:06 PM

May 2018
Shaft... MAPPA... WIT... 1-A Pictures... Doga Kobo... Trigger...? I mean these studios aren't perfect but, including the studios you stated, seem to care about the quality of their anime and are just trying their best on a tight schedule and low budget.
Feb 19, 2020 5:08 PM

Jan 2018
zieek said:
Wit studio
A-1 Pictures
Studio Deen

For starters.

>Deen

Bruh, are you for real 95% of their animation sure as shit doesn't show it
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 19, 2020 9:29 PM

Aug 2017
ExTemplar said:
Seems like only these studios stand out. (+VAP) yeah, and "new" Ghibli sucks

Who do you think is sitting in their studio after putting in hundreds or thousands of manhours into creating an anime, saying: "I don't really give a damn if this series bombs and I lose my job. I don't want a smash hit like Demon Slayer or Attack on Titan. I don't even care."?

Every studio cares about their anime. It's not a matter of concern, it's a matter of talent and budget. They all put in grueling hours to try and make the best anime they can. It's just some studios can afford to attract the best talent, utilize the best technology and put out the best content, and others have to make due. And it doesn't matter if you put in 400 manhours into an anime; if you just suck at writing or design or storyboarding, you just suck. And so your anime is going to suck. Even though you put your heart and soul into it. Everyone cares. I know from experience. (Not in anime, but as a former leader of a music collective.)
Feb 19, 2020 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
Studio 4°C, easy. They've been making great art films for decades now and show no signs of slowing down. My faith in the anime industry is almost entirely thanks to them.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Feb 20, 2020 4:37 AM

Jan 2018
zieek said:
Jus1294 said:

>Deen

Bruh, are you for real 95% of their animation sure as shit doesn't show it

Hakuouki
Super Lovers
Hakkenden
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Princess Princess
Rozen Maiden
Pupa

Yeah... I don't agree with you, sorry.

I haven't watched most of those but I'm not surprised most were pre 10's. They're one of the studios who've fallen off after the golden age. And from the ones that were last decade look like they were standard series for time that did nothing special. Also, Pupa, really? That adaptation was trash in every facet. If you want a legitimately good Deen series from the last 5 years, go watch Rakugo Shinju.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 20, 2020 5:33 AM

Nov 2014
Injenss said:
ExTemplar said:
Seems like only these studios stand out. (+VAP) yeah, and "new" Ghibli sucks

Who do you think is sitting in their studio after putting in hundreds or thousands of manhours into creating an anime, saying: "I don't really give a damn if this series bombs and I lose my job. I don't want a smash hit like Demon Slayer or Attack on Titan. I don't even care."?

Every studio cares about their anime. It's not a matter of concern, it's a matter of talent and budget. They all put in grueling hours to try and make the best anime they can. It's just some studios can afford to attract the best talent, utilize the best technology and put out the best content, and others have to make due. And it doesn't matter if you put in 400 manhours into an anime; if you just suck at writing or design or storyboarding, you just suck. And so your anime is going to suck. Even though you put your heart and soul into it. Everyone cares. I know from experience. (Not in anime, but as a former leader of a music collective.)
Thank you for replying to my 2015 post =)
ExTemplarFeb 20, 2020 5:37 AM

Feb 20, 2020 7:00 AM
Aug 2013
DrCoppelius said:
Trigger looks like it'll be good. It's already made Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia, plus they have Hiroyuki Imaishi who's an excellent director.

Mappa as well. I didn't care much for Garo but I do recognize what I saw was well-made and SnB had its downs but was still enjoyable.

Then there's Bones and maybe some other ones. I don't pay attention to studios that much.

Trigger care about their anime? I'm not sure about that, they are the same people that made ninja slayer from animation and inferno cop
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 20, 2020 7:01 AM
Aug 2013
David production, go hands, studio bones, studio wit, Studio Ghibli, kinema citrus

Maybe:
Production IG
Studio 4 degrees celsius
Zero G
TMS entertainment
Studio orange
A-1 pictures
Mappa
Brains base
Artland
Arms
Haoliners
Sunrise
Gainax
White fox
Fantasia
AnimeDownUnderFeb 20, 2020 7:09 AM
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 20, 2020 7:02 AM
Feb 2017
Shaft, every Shaft anime has their trademark art style, ost, openings, it's my favourite anime studio and i have watched almost all of their animes, even the ones with weak stories like Nisekoi become amazing because they put so much work into the art it's freaking amazing, reminds me of P.A Works in a way
Feb 20, 2020 7:18 AM

Jan 2018
zieek said:
Jus1294 said:
Rakugo Shinju.

Rakugo Shinju is a good anime, but in terms of character design, animation and overall visuals its generic.
Also what difference does it make if those series were old. They exist and are more beautiful than what most studios made in the 2010s.

Pupa okay the adaptation was horrendous. However the anime, it still looks good. Even if the plot was inadequate.

It's not the point of their age is what I was saying, if anything their older stuff is better. I was mostly going for anything they've done in recent times doesn't really stay up to the level of what is considered good in terms of animation. Even their most popular stuff from that time period like KonoSuba looks pretty par.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 20, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2014
AnimeDownUnder said:
DrCoppelius said:
Trigger looks like it'll be good. It's already made Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia, plus they have Hiroyuki Imaishi who's an excellent director.

Mappa as well. I didn't care much for Garo but I do recognize what I saw was well-made and SnB had its downs but was still enjoyable.

Then there's Bones and maybe some other ones. I don't pay attention to studios that much.

Trigger care about their anime? I'm not sure about that, they are the same people that made ninja slayer from animation and inferno cop

My thoughts exactly. Even their full lenght shows have some bad art and animation.
Feb 20, 2020 10:50 AM

Aug 2017
ExTemplar said:
Injenss said:

Thank you for replying to my 2015 post =)
LOL didn't even notice it was that old.
Feb 20, 2020 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
We become like holywood as in we ran out of good threads so we're making sequels of the good ones.
Every studio cares about anime, some of them have production issues but they give their all.
Feb 20, 2020 10:58 AM
Feb 2019
Suprised no one mentioned SUNRISE yet. Clearly they're the best studio
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
Feb 20, 2020 11:00 AM

Jan 2017
pretty fucking sure all studios care for their anime
sugar_slutFeb 20, 2020 11:40 AM
Feb 26, 2020 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
Hrybami said:
Tylaen said:
Bruh, why Necro this.

Why??????????????????????????

Because seeing the plebs overpraising Madhouse for no reason is annoying.
I'm glad you took the time to think about it.
Feb 26, 2020 6:16 PM

Aug 2017
My friend says "Why is PA Works in the top 3?"
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 26, 2020 7:22 PM

May 2019
>Madhouse caring about its anime
This thread is definitely from 2015. One Punch Man was great, wasn't it guys? I can't wait for Madhouse to release season 2.
Feb 26, 2020 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
Science SARU, Trigger and Shaft come to mind.
Take care of yourself

Mar 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
ReaperCreeper said:
Why is studio worship still a thing?

I agree with this. It just depends on the staff & source material.

Most studios trade staff members regularly. So, the basis of this post is just considering the “care” portion of the process a matter of stylistic/aesthetic preference, more so then how much the animators actually care.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
β–Ύ Check Out My Original Series β–Ύ

β–Ύ Check Out My Blog β–Ύ
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

29 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

24 by luckyrune »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

68 by DigiCat »»
9 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

5 by Nirinbo »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

15 by SnipeStrike »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.