Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion

Jun 6, 2015 8:50 AM

Damn! Now that's what I call having nerves :o
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli

Jun 6, 2015 9:23 AM

Its on like donkey kong!

Jun 6, 2015 9:24 AM

bobzanny said:
Helenus said:
Can someone give me an update: Has the anime gotten better?

I dropped it after - I think appr. - 2 episodes.

The picture in the first post looks promising, though.

Just my opinion but I was disappointed with the first episode and almost dropped it then. But after episode two I figured I'll just keep watching it and so far it keeps getting better and better. Definitely one of springs' best anime imo.

This. Didn't expect much from this anime at first but it just keeps getting better! Definitely one of the best this season.

Jun 6, 2015 9:42 AM

I invite you to pick your poison:

Nakiri Erina

Tadokoro Megumi

Yoshino Yuki (just for laughs XD)

After the "Demon-slaying" in the last episode

This was easily the best follow-up that made me laugh hardest

Latest popularity poll has the "Douche" at 7th.
HESTIAAPPROVES

Jun 6, 2015 9:46 AM

Nice episode. Lots of comfy and cute moments at first. But then, Megumi's getting expelled kinda surprised me. Souma to the rescue though!

But god... That scene at the end! SOUMA GOT SOME TITANIUM BALLS, CHALLENGING AN ALUMNI A SHOKUGEKI LIKE THAT!
Welp, nice knowing ya, Souma, Megumi.

Jun 6, 2015 9:49 AM
Badass episode but the question is: what's going to happen next? Whatever it is, I hope it's not a result of plot armor that's made of the same material as his balls.

Jun 6, 2015 9:57 AM

That ending

Jun 6, 2015 10:12 AM

Erina in this episode is much more better than the others.
Her tsundere character is strong in this episode lol.
Megumi fail...NOOOO (Well for now lol I know what happen since I read the manga).
Soma going for the big fish eh?...
This is going to be even more epic.

Jun 6, 2015 10:22 AM
DatLookTho

Tadokoro x Souma makes my heart go dokidoki. Loved the bit where she tried to hold him back.

Jun 6, 2015 10:22 AM

Badass Soma.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Jun 6, 2015 10:30 AM

Botato said:
JustALEX said:

How dare you insult Erina-sama!

She is allowed to act superior and quite frankly everyone else is a dirty peasant in her presence so it's only natural she always has that condescending smirk.
Not my fault she's horrible, she can go die for all I care :|

Chitoge from Nisekoi is a better generic tsundere than Erina.
Chitoge is just as bad.
They're both shitty tsundere.
An example of a good one would be Kurisu from Steins;Gate or Suguwa from Onani Master Kurosawa.

Jun 6, 2015 10:43 AM

Shiyon44 said:
Souma such a badass *-*

Yeah, agreed.

I was waiting for Souma to stand up to the guy with something else, maybe some form of criticism or further rebuttal, but it surprised me when he outright challenged him to a battle, as it felt pretty fulfilling.
I guess the going formula for every resolving such a confrontation going forward is a "Shokugeki" after all.

Also, that glasses guy is an asshole... Judging people on stuff other than skill. He and Erina are similar on that regard.

Jun 6, 2015 11:31 AM

That ending!!!

Jun 6, 2015 11:33 AM

Haha Yuki hair-down version so cute. Also, Souma being a badass like that looked awesome. He hasn't been serious like this yet.

Jun 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Soma sounded badass
Hi there

Jun 6, 2015 12:12 PM

SHOKUGEKI!!!

That was too good. Too good :')

Jun 6, 2015 12:32 PM

Hongu said:
Botato said:
Not my fault she's horrible, she can go die for all I care :|

Chitoge from Nisekoi is a better generic tsundere than Erina.
Chitoge is just as bad.
An example of a good one would be Kurisu from Steins;Gate or Suguwa from Onani Master Kurosawa.
Kurisu isn't a generic tsundere tho.

At least I don't remember that she was. It has been a while. Maybe I should finally re-watch S;G.

Jun 6, 2015 12:35 PM
DORIFTU!!!!

Goosebumps....
:D

Jun 6, 2015 12:39 PM

DOUJIMA LOL

Jun 6, 2015 1:25 PM

Damn cliffhanger!!!!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Jun 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 6, 2015 1:29 PM

Meteor-Impact said:
Goosebumps....

Jun 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Botato said:
Hongu said:
Chitoge is just as bad.
Kurisu isn't a generic tsundere tho.

At least I don't remember that she was. It has been a while. Maybe I should finally re-watch S;G.

Kurisu isn't a generic tsundere she is a tsundere written very well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Jun 6, 2015 2:46 PM

They made that scene with Erina look so much more suggestive than what was seen in the manga. Oh well, to each their own, I guess.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.

Jun 6, 2015 3:09 PM

How is it possible for an MC to be so based?

Awesome ep. The Shokugeki should be hype!

Jun 6, 2015 3:19 PM

The ending was hype as shit, Shokugeki hype aww yeah

This is easily my favorite non sequel show this season

Jun 6, 2015 3:21 PM

Souma needs to get his ass kicked immediately.

Jun 6, 2015 3:21 PM

cupc said:
The ending was hype as shit, Shokugeki hype aww yeah

This is easily my favorite non sequel show this season

Seriously this show came out of nowhere. And with 24 episodes it'll be here a while. Hopefully it this anime continues to kick ass in about another year or so we can get another season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Jun 6, 2015 3:25 PM

Souma is the fuckin man.

Jun 6, 2015 3:49 PM

It was a nice episode, except the overdramatized a little bit but it's still fine.

ReaperCreeper said:
Why'd they show Megumi's expulsion before the challenge started? Dumb choice if you ask me.

Well that because it ended a chapter in the manga to give a cliffhanger as to "why" and "how" is she going to get expulsed, and I guess the anime just did the same since there would have been a pause there if it was a TV.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
omg what an arrogant POS the main character.Hopefully the pink haired dude will own his sorry ass in the next episode.I dont like the fascist chef neither

Honestly how do you even get time to watch an anime you don't like..? I barely have time to watch all those anime in my plan to watch list..
Are you a tsundere? In denial? Or do you just enjoy to watch something you don't like?(those people do exist).

Jun 6, 2015 3:57 PM

Jonesy974 said:

Lol the irony is too painful.
Gotta love how one of the primary aspects of the show is that Soma is a cooking prodigy, and literally any challenge he's involved in at Totsuki will involve his expulsion. You already know that much, and then still bash the MC (who really only just knocked a few snobs off their pedestal) and watch the show? Just makes TheBiasedOne look even more retarded.

Excuse me but that is false, Soma is not a cooking prodigy.

Soma is just someone who spent his childhood cooking and serving client so he is more experienced than most and is a tad faster too. He is also creative and know how to cook since he has cooked for a long time but that it.
That pretty much all about souma, the only real redeeming trait that make him superior than most student is that he is insanely creative and able to absorb everything he sees and find a way to make his own version.

You will see later(if the anime even go there) what real genius are.

Also

Jun 6, 2015 5:35 PM

Another great episode. I loved how they incorporated a relaxed atmosphere consisting of some hilarious moments during the first half of the episode, and then moved on to the intense second half. The very end was really tense and exciting. I can't wait for the next episode!

Jun 6, 2015 5:49 PM

Botato said:
Shimai_ni said:

I know right. They are so cute. Kick some ass in the next episode Souma!
He's risking his place in the school (and by extension his goal to surpass his father) for her. If they don't end up together I'm flipping tables.

Ya it is adorable but also Right it is the dam chefs fault!!!

Jun 6, 2015 6:05 PM
http://ibin.co/24MOgCDiynsT

My reaction to this episode basically

Jun 6, 2015 8:23 PM

THIS CLIFFHANGER IS ILLEGAL.
THEY CAN'T DO THIS.

Jun 6, 2015 9:57 PM

Souma has guts for sure, go get that haughty mongrel my man!

Jun 6, 2015 10:04 PM

Erina best gril every damn time XD

So sorry for those that got expelled for no reason.

Jun 6, 2015 10:07 PM

This is not an 8/10 anime anymore. That ending was brilliant! Can't wait for the next episode!
<< Why Takemoto Uruka is a Super Woman!

Jun 6, 2015 10:12 PM

That ending was perfect! I didn't expect him to go so far as to challenge his supervisor to a shokugeki, but then again, this is Souma we're talking about. When it comes to hotheaded male leads, he's about as reckless as they come. Can't wait till next week! Shinomiya looks like he will give him a run for his money.

I see a running trait in the SnS men that have confidence in their cooking.... They seem to be shameless about their bodies. lol.

Jun 6, 2015 10:26 PM

bobzanny said:
Helenus said:
Can someone give me an update: Has the anime gotten better?

I dropped it after - I think appr. - 2 episodes.

The picture in the first post looks promising, though.

Just my opinion but I was disappointed with the first episode and almost dropped it then. But after episode two I figured I'll just keep watching it and so far it keeps getting better and better. Definitely one of springs' best anime imo.
yeah! agreed! This series getting better and great! you should not dropped it!

Awesome episode! poor Megumi :'( - ending is the badass, you are the man Souma! Shokugeki!! *can't wait for next week (T_T) seriously... LoL XD*

p/s : Yoshino Yuki with hair down version so Kawaii!! :P
Modified by Kouhai__, Jun 6, 2015 10:34 PM

Jun 6, 2015 11:09 PM

Holy shit, that ending! Souma has balls of steel. LOL

Jun 7, 2015 12:58 AM
Uh oh Megumi is being explled, Souma to the rescue, go kick that alumini's ass.

Jun 7, 2015 2:22 AM

God, this end was so badass ! Perfect ending with Yukihira and Megumi, I was so sad that Megumi was expelled. It was so intense, I am very looking forward to watch the battle.

Jun 7, 2015 5:36 AM

That bath scene with the guys. It always gets me.

Jun 7, 2015 5:41 AM

The intensity of the ending went through the roof! I'm glad that Yukihira's sticking up for Tadokoro, dealing with Shinomiya's rather selfish rules for his cooking challenge. Having purposely placed dodgy cauliflower with the good ones just so thatthe pass rate would drop is downright awful.

Hopefully Yukihira can give him the humiliation he deserves in the Shokugeki next week.

Gotta love Yuki in this episode, especially her reaction of the expensive hotel rooms. Super cute! =3

The same can be said for Erina too. She was amusing and cute, first wanting to play cards, then deciding not to because Yukihira mentioned it earlier. =D

Such a great episode this week. I'm hoping the next episode can keep this momentum up!

Jun 7, 2015 6:45 AM

...that was so unexpected total Bad-ass mode activate

Jun 7, 2015 7:26 AM

Souma surpassed his own GARness right there at the end. Didn't think it was possible.

Props to Megumi for doing a great job on her own. She needed that but not the reponse Shinomiya gave her. More than a hardcore teacher, he's more of an asshole. Gonna be a joy to see him be taken down. Actually, even his face when Souma called in a Shokugeki was priceless.

Jun 7, 2015 7:33 AM

Souma challenging Shinomiya-senpai to a shokugeki was amazing. I'm hyped

Jun 7, 2015 7:36 AM
Anime Moderator
watch'em all

Holy shit, that end, I almost screamed!
My goal is to watch as much anime as possible. On my profile you will also find a list of seen cartoons & movies. Sometimes I release older anime or sub some things. If you have any questions, just ask!

Jun 7, 2015 10:07 AM

Poor Megumi. Shinomiya's being an ass!
Let's go Souma, save Megumi!!!
HYPED

EliteYT said:
DOUJIMA LOL

+ Yuki was cute lol, that end card!

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »