Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 10 Discussion

Jun 6, 2015 2:23 AM

Thank goodness my waifu shows up!
People saying it's only temporary makes me worried though.
I don't want that cheesy non-nagato shit anymore TAT

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

Jun 6, 2015 2:45 AM

Chiiiiiills! ♥

Jun 6, 2015 2:57 AM

BooMario said:
It's my impression or at rain scene where nagato hold her bag tightly her umbrella change hands and bandages are gone? wtf?

no, it was Asakura holding the umbrella tightly
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH

Jun 6, 2015 2:59 AM

What the actual F?

Sorry, but knowing nothing about this series on the whole, I'm confused as to why everyone is saying that she went back to the "Old Yuki"? I thought this show was suppose to stand on its own (hence okay to watch even though I've not seen a single minute of the original show)..... Does this have a connection with the original stuff?
Do I have to stop watching this and go back to do all the other stuff first?

I totally understand her personality "Disappearing", but I'm conflicted to know if this ties in with the other material...
HESTIAAPPROVES

Jun 6, 2015 3:03 AM

I loved the new remix of someday in the rain.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jun 6, 2015 3:53 AM

L-Ryoshi said:

I totally understand her personality "Disappearing", but I'm conflicted to know if this ties in with the other material...

It indeed looks like her original character, but I don't think one needs to know the original to understand this part, you can just see that as a change of personnality/emotionless girl due to shock.
Tho I'd advise to watch also the original show which have a stronger, more original plot & better written characters. But that's up to you.

Jun 6, 2015 4:13 AM

Man did this episode felt uncomfortable to watch, which made it better as well.

The tension was strong from start to finish, seeing how Asakura & Kyon react to seeing Nagato's changed personality. Not a lot happened overall, but I'm glad the pace for this part of the story isn't rushed.

Looking forward to the next episode. =D

Jun 6, 2015 5:04 AM

finally the old Nagato is back well at least for a short period

Jun 6, 2015 6:04 AM
hell yeah. this is what i've been expecting all along. i'm guessing she'll come back to normal close to the last ep and nothing else will really happen between her and Kyon, neither will the other characters get much development. nevetheless, this is far better than what we've seen up until now.

L-Ryoshi said:
What the actual F?

Sorry, but knowing nothing about this series on the whole, I'm confused as to why everyone is saying that she went back to the "Old Yuki"? I thought this show was suppose to stand on its own (hence okay to watch even though I've not seen a single minute of the original show)..... Does this have a connection with the original stuff?

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know this is a spin-off telling a
so some may (wishfully) think that this silent, expressionless Nagato is connected to the one from the main series.

however this does stand on its own; i don't think we'll see any ties to the main series other than what i've said above.

Jun 6, 2015 6:26 AM
What's the original/ old nagato anime called, cause maybe i first have to see that to get the one they are currently airing a bit better?

This episode was OK!

it was too sudden a change from the previous episode and it took the characters to long to finally throw the question 'who are you?' at her!

Is this amnesia, but she wasn't hit right, how can such a thing happen? Is this deja-vu for her, did she had a similar accident in her past, what triggered her personality change?

Jun 6, 2015 7:14 AM

Ah I loved this! Finally we have some real plot for a change. This is the Yuki we all know and maybe love. Let's see what happens next.

Jun 6, 2015 9:14 AM

''Are you... Shinichi-kun?''
No guys, pls, don't hit me. It was a joke. Pls.

More seriously, the only bad part of that episode to me was the OP. I really love the OP, but it felt so inappropriate.

Anyway, the overall mood change was really well done. I must say, that episode really made me depressed. I don't know if that is a good thing for my health though. Damn, was that episode moody. And that ending was great. You could just feel Asakura awkwardness as she was talking to Nagato as if everything was alright.

It made me laugh though how Kyon was unable to read the book titles. From the quality engrish we often see in anime, french must be a step further... :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jun 6, 2015 9:57 AM

Dayne_Dariel said:
What's the original/ old nagato anime called, cause maybe i first have to see that to get the one they are currently airing a bit better?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This is just a spinoff of that series.

Jun 6, 2015 9:57 AM

UkePaChan said:
Thank goodness my waifu shows up!
People saying it's only temporary makes me worried though.
I don't want that cheesy non-nagato shit anymore TAT

But movie Nagato is the purpose of this series.

Jun 6, 2015 10:34 AM

If her original personality is back, does that mean she has her "magic" powers back as well? It is implied that she used them in order to survive the car collision there.
And the way she reacts to the calendar date makes me shudder about a possible time reset... Fucking hate it after the Endless Eight arc KyoAni animated 6 years ago.

Jun 6, 2015 10:46 AM

So miss Nagato "new" become miss Nagato "old", that's quit surprisingly and intrigue. For some moment i even think that Asakura become "old".

It can become even more interesting if it start to crossover with original series. But i think it won't.
Anyway waiting for the next episode

Jun 6, 2015 10:47 AM

Wow...such an intense episode. The old Yuki is back indeed o.o Wonder what happens next...

Dayne_Dariel said:

This episode was OK!

it was too sudden a change from the previous episode and it took the characters to long to finally throw the question 'who are you?' at her!

Is this amnesia, but she wasn't hit right, how can such a thing happen? Is this deja-vu for her, did she had a similar accident in her past, what triggered her personality change?
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu + Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) + Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. Watch 2006 and 2009 ones together, since that's how chronological order goes, or else it makes no sense. Then watch Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie afterwards, which is the one where this TV spin-off was based from.

Jun 6, 2015 11:05 AM

felipecardel said:
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know this is a spin-off telling a
so some may (wishfully) think that this silent, expressionless Nagato is connected to the one from the main series.

however this does stand on its own; i don't think we'll see any ties to the main series other than what i've said above.

Genix said:
If her original personality is back, does that mean she has her "magic" powers back as well? It is implied that she used them in order to survive the car collision there.

no, it has no meaning whatsoever. She didn't use any "magic" because this anime isn't related to "supernatural" at all. She was just lucky as Asakura said.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH

Jun 6, 2015 1:20 PM

The Nagato I know has reappeared. Shit just got real.

Btw, was it just me or was the ED different than usual? I don't remember if the silhouettes were never filled out. I could have sworn that actual pictures of Haruhi and co. were there instead of their shadows.

Edit: Different ED confirmed. The world turns upside down when Nagato is standing up and her reflection is present. Also, there are doors that are being zoomed in/out. Shoutouts to No Game No Life ED 8.
Modified by LEGOF, Jun 6, 2015 1:24 PM

Jun 6, 2015 1:58 PM

Ok, they finally fixed Yuki, now please fix Kyon too.

This episode had great atmosphere, and I also like the choice of music. This time nostalgia hit me hard. Not too hard but hard enough for me to care.

It's a shame that this episode would have a lot bigger impact if they did previous Nagato more likeable. Too bad almost noone wants her to return and therefore there is almost no sense of loss. Still, some sense of uneasiness and was there so it wasn't all in vain. Well, I should say that this was actually the first episode that can be seen as something close to original Haruhi.

Wish this series was this way from a start.

Jun 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Mich666 said:
Wish this series was this way from a start.

Would kill the point of the series. How could you have a spinoff that takes place in the Disappearance world if Yuki wasn't ever the way she was in the movie?

Jun 6, 2015 2:21 PM

Well I hope you butthurt people are happy now, you got the old glum Nagato back. I just hope it's not for the rest of the series... I always preferred the human Nagato from the movie.

Very nice music this episode.

No Haruhi, Mitsuru or Tsukuya which left it missing a lot of humour.

4/5

Jun 6, 2015 2:25 PM

who_dat_ninja said:
Well I hope you butthurt people are happy now, you got the old glum Nagato back. I just hope it's not for the rest of the series... I always preferred the human Nagato from the movie.

Very nice music this episode.

No Haruhi, Mitsuru or Tsukuya which left it missing a lot of humour.

4/5

Just so you and others who are wondering know...

Jun 6, 2015 2:51 PM

L-Ryoshi said:
What the actual F?

I don't see why you would ever watch this without watching the first 2 seasons and the movie. You just won't know the characters, why they are in this situation, etc.

Seriously, you should put it on hold and go watch the first season, then watch the second season (when it comes to the endless 8 episodes, you can just watch the first, second, and the last one... the rest is just a repeat anyway, no significant differences at all), and finally the movie. That movie is a master piece.

You should probably not stick around any longer if you don't want to spoil yourself, because people will probably start talking about spoilers at this point. :P

Jun 6, 2015 3:39 PM

Anyone know the name of the piano music that sounded during the scene of Yuki and Kyon in the literature club.

Jun 6, 2015 4:39 PM

DannySun24 said:
Finally... did anyone notice that musical hit when Asakura was standing at the train tracks? Sounded very... psycho killer-y.

Yup. Quite ominous.

arrazolavguille said:
Anyone know the name of the piano music that sounded during the scene of Yuki and Kyon in the literature club.

It's some new variation of "Aruame no Hi"/"Someday in the Rain" from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya OST (played in a similar scene during the episode which is also called "Someday in the Rain").

Jun 6, 2015 6:31 PM
While I do feel bad for Kyon and Asakura because they have no idea whats wrong with their friend... Im totally on board the "Nagato is back!" train along with everyone else :P

Damn! That look Nagato gave Asakura at the end!

Jun 6, 2015 9:41 PM

So they will end the season with the Kuudere/Dandere Nagato arc. It makes sense and its appropriate since the freaking manga of this hasn't seen a new chapter in months.

Seeing Kuudere Nagato makes me miss KyotoAni's design even more. I'm still salty about that even 10 episodes into this one.

Jun 6, 2015 10:45 PM

Wow, I really REALLY liked the serious tone of this episode. This is what I was hoping for since I heard the title of the show. Very intriguing!

Jun 7, 2015 1:14 AM

Funny how everyone was complaining so much and now suddenly OMGZ NAGATO IS BACK! -_-

Anyways, very enjoyable episode. The best line was the last line.
Omne Solum Forti Patria

Jun 7, 2015 1:17 AM

Minami-Nan said:
The worst for an anime would be to focus solely on an emotionless character. From the beginning of this episode to the credits, it was difficult to enjoy conversations the characters were having with Nagato.
Yeah,having her as a side character in original series was fine but when you make her main....Yeah....it wont work...Episode was full of awkward moments and endless silence....

JALU3 said:
lmao,nope its still not connected

Jun 7, 2015 2:55 AM

That last line feels as if the personalities are all that's different and both Nagato and Asaura can still do what they could in the original series... Which would mean quite a lot of action and a drastic, permanent change for this series. I don't think they'd go there.

Yuki-chan going Nagato-san really shows why this spin-off version of her is just better, plain and simple. Yes, I do get the appeal of a silent, emotionless character who only acts when it's absolutely necessary and doesn't "get involved", it's cool... But that's a trope. And it's hard to justify making this trope into a character, because that's not a person. Yuki-chan needs to come back, I want her t come back - and that's what's making this arc suspenseful and interesting.

Jun 7, 2015 3:15 AM

Original Nagato is far superior to this Nagato. Kyon fell in love with the emotionless one!

Jun 7, 2015 5:18 AM

Although I think it was better if Nagato didn't change back to the old Nagato that we all know and love, it's good to see the old Nagato that we all know and love <3

Although the way she "transformed" was rather... stupid... at least let her get hit by the car, that would be better for a personality change.

maikeruuu said:
htsuji said:

It may be my translation error, I suppose.

But, as for the part, it seemed to me that Asakura couldn't believe a girl looked like Nagato in front of her was real Nagato she had been taking care of; or rather she thought the girl could be someone else whom Asakura never met. In other words, Asakura was now doubting it was something mimicking / pretending Nagato.

It wasn't a translation error. あなた「は」誰ですか。Definitely means "Who are you?"

Well, Asakura was always a yandere, so that "who are you" didn't surprise me.

Jun 7, 2015 11:11 AM

eworm said:
That last line feels as if the personalities are all that's different and both Nagato and Asaura can still do what they could in the original series... Which would mean quite a lot of action and a drastic, permanent change for this series. I don't think they'd go there.

Yuki-chan going Nagato-san really shows why this spin-off version of her is just better, plain and simple. Yes, I do get the appeal of a silent, emotionless character who only acts when it's absolutely necessary and doesn't "get involved", it's cool... But that's a trope. And it's hard to justify making this trope into a character, because that's not a person. Yuki-chan needs to come back, I want her t come back - and that's what's making this arc suspenseful and interesting.

I mean, emotionless Yuki is a lot better for the main series than this series. But in this series (even if you ignore the fact that this is the Disappearance world) the very shy Yuki fits a lot better.

Jun 7, 2015 11:27 AM
Silver4000 said:

That is completely nothing to do with a certain person's yandereness at all. Also, even this Asakura does act like an overprotective parent, she isn't yandere to begin with.

The phrase "あなたは誰?" or literally "Who are you?" is sometime used when you have a very strong doubt that the person with you seeming like the one you should know cannot be the same person even though it is in the same appearance.

Here is a different example for a different anime.

A mother (left) questioned about the other's identity with a very strong tone, there, who should have been any other than her own daughter... (except the audience of the show).

IMO, "Who really are you?" can be a better translation for this kind of situation.
Modified by htsuji, Jun 7, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 7, 2015 1:12 PM

LEGOF said:
The Nagato I know has reappeared. Shit just got real.

Btw, was it just me or was the ED different than usual? I don't remember if the silhouettes were never filled out. I could have sworn that actual pictures of Haruhi and co. were there instead of their shadows.

Edit: Different ED confirmed. The world turns upside down when Nagato is standing up and her reflection is present. Also, there are doors that are being zoomed in/out. Shoutouts to No Game No Life ED 8.

Yeah, I think those silhouettes are because the old-Yuki doesn't know this timeline's versions of the old gang. She's very much an outsider looking in even if she is inhabiting Yuki's body. I think she'll go away eventually, but not before getting a good look at this beautiful timeline she wanted to have exist.

Thanks for letting me know about the ED change, I almost skipped it. xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!

Jun 7, 2015 1:15 PM

htsuji said:
Silver4000 said:

That is completely nothing to do with a certain person's yandereness at all. Also, even this Asakura does act like an overprotective parent, she isn't yandere to begin with.

The phrase "あなたは誰?" or literally "Who are you?" is sometime used when you have a very strong doubt that the person with you seeming like the one you should know cannot be the same person even though it is in the same appearance.

Here is a different example for a different anime.

A mother (left) questioned about the other's identity with a very strong tone, there, who should have been any other than her own daughter... (except the audience of the show).

IMO, "Who really are you?" can be a better translation for this kind of situation.

I just watched perfect blue this week end and "who are you?" really creeps me out XD

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jun 7, 2015 4:37 PM

It's nice to see the old Nagato again, though the episode felt kind of slow.

Jun 7, 2015 4:59 PM

Hi, it's my first time commenting after years, the urge to comment was the sheer contrast and turn of events happened to this series (well arc) that it now goes back to the original Haruhi series I remember of watching back in 2010 I think.

I'm not sure what the current rules of posting are but to be safe I gonna put spoiler tag for rest of my thoughts on this:

Yes, this is the turning point and start of original Haruhi series feel, and for this whole ongoing series this is the first episode of it which I watched with full concentration. Well done!
Modified by fshahid, Jun 7, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 7, 2015 5:32 PM
htsuji said:

You can use several phrases in order to express how strong you are doubting. For instance:

1. You have some problems, Nagato? (You're just worrying.)
2. You are now a different person... (You feel a bit strange.)
3. Are you really Nagato? (You have now some doubt about her.)
4. Who are you! (You think she can be not Nagato even though she looks like her.)
5. Where is Nagato now! (You have already come to the conclusion that real Nagato was kidnapped and the person in front of you is a fake.)

Shakespeare's well known phrase "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" sounds a very stupid question. It can, however, clearly express her feelings under the ambivalent situation.
Modified by htsuji, Jun 7, 2015 5:38 PM

Jun 7, 2015 5:36 PM

htsuji said:
htsuji said:

You can use several phrases in order to express how strong you are doubting. For instance:

1. You have some problems, Nagato? (You're just worrying.)
2. You are now a different person... (You feel a bit strange.)
3. Are you really Nagato? (You have now some doubt about her.)
4. Who are you! (You think she can be not Nagato even though she looks like her.)
5. Where is Nagato now! (You have already come to the conclusion that real Nagato was kidnapped and the person in front of you is a fake.)

Shakespeare's well known phrase "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" sounds a very stupid question. It can, however, clearly express her feelings under the ambivalent situation.
Forget that Shakespeare guy,best example is [b]"Shinichi-kun,you are Izumi Shinichi-kun, right?"

Jun 7, 2015 5:47 PM
LoneWizard said:
Forget that Shakespeare guy,best example is "Shinichi-kun,you are Izumi Shinichi-kun, right?"

If Satomi had questioned "Who are you!" unsparingly, then Migi should have done something Shin'ichi never wanted to happen...

Jun 7, 2015 6:06 PM

htsuji said:
LoneWizard said:
Forget that Shakespeare guy,best example is "Shinichi-kun,you are Izumi Shinichi-kun, right?"

If Satomi had questioned "Who are you!" unsparingly, then Migi should have done something Shin'ichi never wanted to happen...
=_=

Jun 7, 2015 8:15 PM
Ultimately the problem with this show is that this Nagato is not anywhere near as interesting as the previous Nagato. In short it is animated masturbation. This series only covers about 10 minutes of the Haruhi movie, to make it work Nagato needed to be more appealing than the Nagato from the main series. Unfortunately, though I love book-girls, she isn't. This is why the only excitement comes from when Haruhi appears, and why everyone is getting stoked because Nagato is returning to her previous personality.

Jun 7, 2015 8:29 PM

Takuan_Soho said:
Ultimately the problem with this show is that this Nagato is not anywhere near as interesting as the previous Nagato. In short it is animated masturbation. This series only covers about 10 minutes of the Haruhi movie, to make it work Nagato needed to be more appealing than the Nagato from the main series. Unfortunately, though I love book-girls, she isn't. This is why the only excitement comes from when Haruhi appears, and why everyone is getting stoked because Nagato is returning to her previous personality.
Did you even watch the episode?You dont even make sense...She became the book-girl you love from the original series so you are supposed to be cheering...But you are talking about Haruhi which never appeared in this episode...So i will say it again:
Wut?

Jun 7, 2015 8:41 PM
LoneWizard said:
Did you even watch the episode?You dont even make sense...She became the book-girl you love from the original series so you are supposed to be cheering...But you are talking about Haruhi which never appeared in this episode...So i will say it again:
Wut?

I am talking about the series, not just this episode. This episode was interesting because this series is starting to bend back towards the main arc, not because the story was intrinsically interesting on its own. Nagato did "not become" a book girl this series, she was a book girl in the original series as the lovely episode where Kyon introduces her to a library showed. While I will credit the writer with knowing a few French writers of whom I was unaware but probably should know, ultimately this series is a cul-de-sac of unappealing tract homes, not a divergent path worth exploring.

Jun 7, 2015 8:46 PM

Takuan_Soho said:
LoneWizard said:
Wut?

I am talking about the series, not just this episode. This episode was interesting because this series is starting to bend back towards the main arc, not because the story was intrinsically interesting on its own. Nagato did "not become" a book girl this series, she was a book girl in the original series as the lovely episode where Kyon introduces her to a library showed. While I will credit the writer with knowing a few French writers of whom I was unaware but probably should know, ultimately this series is a cul-de-sac of unappealing tract homes, not a divergent path worth exploring.
This is episode 10 discussions and nothing you said was related to episode 10...Thats why i typed that comment...And i still wonder why you wonder "why everyone is getting stoked because Nagato is returning to her previous personality"

Jun 7, 2015 8:54 PM

Wow we returned to the Style of the old series ... expect the art style. as usual of the last episodes of the show... the quietness but i missed the New nagato already :( btw i am so excited to the next episode... 5/5.

Jun 8, 2015 6:06 AM

YES! this episode was full of win!
No annoying Haruhi and side characters - check
best kind of Yuki - check
only way to make this better: Movie graphics (because imo nagato and kyon looked way better. Asakura is okay. No glasses would be also nice - or kyon could say that when she gets her glasses back. )
And a new yuri girl for Asakura, because she deserves it :3 She is like the perfect "big sister" XD

I will probably dont watch the 2nd season so no one can take the good yuki back again
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store