Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2015 1:54 PM

May 2012
not gonna lie, pretty hyped right now :p
Jun 5, 2015 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
TFO1013 said:
LusciousLobsters said:
idk if i missed something, but couldn't they have used that stink sack to go back up the dungeon? whatever. at least we get to see ryu in action.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that thought it was kinda dumb how they did that. They use it going down when they could have used it going back up. Now, from my understanding, once they get saved by the others they will have to go back through all the levels anyway to get out while still being wounded.

Answer was p1 post 38.
Here it is again :

"I'll explain that. They fell through 2 levels by a hole, meaning they have no idea of where they are in that specific level. Dungeon levels, especially the maze like ones, are almost impossible to find back your way without turning around for hours (if you're lucky), maybe even days(if you're not) because they are gigantic (by gigantic, I mean that even if you know where you are and know the map, it would take several hours to go from one side to another)and full of dead ends. There is only one place with stairs up, but those levels have a lot of holes going to the lower levels. Meaning than rather than trying to find the stairs, there is far more hope in finding holes.
Even with that said, in the LN, it took them so much time to find the first hole that they were starting to fall into despair when they found the first one.

They lost most of their equipment, including most of their potions when the celling fell and when afterwards they fell themselves 2 levels lower. They're wounded, and starting to reach their limits both in mind and stamina. There's no way they can hope getting out from the level 15 and then the level 14 if they search the stairs.

It wasn't very well explained in the anime, but Lili's way of thinking is seriously something else. She came up with a very bold and courageous idea than most adventurers in this situation wouldn't have thought about , let alone dared to suggest to their party member and apply it.

Lili is truly the coordinator of the group, and the brain. She's one hell of a supporter."

As usual, the anime version isn't caring about the nice moments for the other characters. Lili was very impressive there.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 2:02 PM
Jun 5, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome episode... little bunnies with axes! wahahahahaha....
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jun 5, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:
Nice fight scenes, especially the last one o.o Bell is a boss!

Hestia is stupid, just saying. Has she even thought that someone could betray her and tell that she was in the dungeon? -__-

Also Ryu looks sick!

i mean...she could always just stay out and let him die...that's always a good option, right? right???
Jun 5, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, this plot is really very good, but the protagonist has very unlucky even, this time he and his group are trapped within the Dungeon, and again Bell showed how is getting stronger, I like his battle scenes, I am already looking forward to the next episode ..
Jun 5, 2015 2:47 PM
May 2015
I really hope bell clocks ouka one good time when the rescue party catches up with them.. preferably one that's argonaut charged.

Though I'm sure that he won't
Jun 5, 2015 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
I know the experience all too well of being trained by other people in MMO's, this "pass parade" just made it seem so much more serious especially with those guilt expressions from take's familia. Ryu looks badass can't wait to see her in action.
Jun 5, 2015 3:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gotta give props to the author for nailing how dungeoning actually is in MMORPG's

Bell's party was doing so well until that male god's familia pulled a dick move and forced their monsters onto them because they were too weak to destroy them -_- They're lucky that Hestia didn't flip out on their asses because I know that I would have....Talk about being selfish and inconsiderate

Anyway, Bell going in on those Minotaurs was sooooo badass :DDDD Welf's Will o Wisp skill is pretty cool too =o Sucks that his leg is broken though :(

But boy oh boy I can't wait until Team Rescue Bell's Party starts going to work....I'm really hyped to see Hermes' ace and my girl Ryuu go to work....I bet they're like high leveled too >//< Also, I can already see now that they're gonna run into the floor boss lol....Hopefully the fight will be epic
Jun 5, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2014

Hestia is the only god for me <3

Also, more badass minotaur killing
OrangeJPJun 5, 2015 3:55 PM

Jun 5, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
Bell just massacred those minotauros like it was nothing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2015 5:25 PM

May 2014
I thought Ryu was Aiz for a second there. I have also been wondering, if the dungeon's floors become more difficult downwards, then I wonder what the tower is for.
Jun 5, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
Question: if the gods need their adventurers to protect them in the dungeon WHY ARE THEY GOING?
Jun 5, 2015 5:33 PM

Apr 2013
Inugirlz said:
Question: if the gods need their adventurers to protect them in the dungeon WHY ARE THEY GOING?

my take away from this episode is that they are not allowed to enter dungeons but are interested in bell so they are doing it anyway, problem is to protect themselves they would need to use their powers but using their powers would probably quickly lead to them being found out and if this happens they are sent back to heaven immediately which they obviously don't want to happen so the adventurers need to protect them
xSanoxJun 5, 2015 5:36 PM
Jun 5, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2009
So dumb....what was the point of going down with the bag instead of up? Why would Hestia trust a group of people who intentionally let bell and his party suffer? Who is Hermes where is his party? What is that evil bitch up to, and why had she not actually have any screen time to explain why she is so obsessed with someone she had never met? Where is the Sword Princess?!?! I hate this.

Jun 5, 2015 5:48 PM

Apr 2013
DarcyD said:
So dumb....what was the point of going down with the bag instead of up? Why would Hestia trust a group of people who intentionally let bell and his party suffer? Who is Hermes where is his party? What is that evil bitch up to, and why had she not actually have any screen time to explain why she is so obsessed with someone she had never met? Where is the Sword Princess?!?! I hate this.

why down instead of up? explained by Zefyris
Zefyris said:
TFO1013 said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one that thought it was kinda dumb how they did that. They use it going down when they could have used it going back up. Now, from my understanding, once they get saved by the others they will have to go back through all the levels anyway to get out while still being wounded.

Answer was p1 post 38.
Here it is again :

"I'll explain that. They fell through 2 levels by a hole, meaning they have no idea of where they are in that specific level. Dungeon levels, especially the maze like ones, are almost impossible to find back your way without turning around for hours (if you're lucky), maybe even days(if you're not) because they are gigantic (by gigantic, I mean that even if you know where you are and know the map, it would take several hours to go from one side to another)and full of dead ends. There is only one place with stairs up, but those levels have a lot of holes going to the lower levels. Meaning than rather than trying to find the stairs, there is far more hope in finding holes.
Even with that said, in the LN, it took them so much time to find the first hole that they were starting to fall into despair when they found the first one.

They lost most of their equipment, including most of their potions when the celling fell and when afterwards they fell themselves 2 levels lower. They're wounded, and starting to reach their limits both in mind and stamina. There's no way they can hope getting out from the level 15 and then the level 14 if they search the stairs.

It wasn't very well explained in the anime, but Lili's way of thinking is seriously something else. She came up with a very bold and courageous idea than most adventurers in this situation wouldn't have thought about , let alone dared to suggest to their party member and apply it.

Lili is truly the coordinator of the group, and the brain. She's one hell of a supporter."

As usual, the anime version isn't caring about the nice moments for the other characters. Lili was very impressive there.

why does hestia trust them?
they are part of take's familia and hestia is friends with take, she also needs someone to help her find bell anyway

who is hermes?
hermes is a god and the blue haired girl with the glasses is part of his familia. hermes is interested in bell and also seems to know ryu the elf maid who joined the party at the end of the episode

evil bitch/freya
obssessed with bell because of his potential and skill that is why she did the whole train the minotaur thing so she can see him fight and become stronger.

sword princess/aiz
aiz is on a lower level and fought against the boss on level 17 and bell and company are hoping they can pass through level 17 because aiz and her party killed the boss recently so it should not have respawned yet. chances are freya is gonna do something to make the boss respawn earlier
xSanoxJun 5, 2015 5:57 PM
Jun 5, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
I dont have time to read all the posts so sorry if someone already mentioned this but... those bunnies... Monty Python and the Holy Grail, anyone ? :D
"To die without wishing for rebirth might be a priceless joy" - Ginko, Mushishi
Jun 5, 2015 6:06 PM

Aug 2009
Intense action this time!

Is this show really near it's end though? = It requires a second season!
Jun 5, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Are the gods in this world good at combat, interesting rule. Wonder who's enforcing it.
Jun 5, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was very enjoyable and filled with action and tension. That one group completely ignored Bell's party and left the monsters chasing them instead. D: Hestia became worried about Bell's party and decided to request a quest to find them. Welf's Will o' Wisp attack was pretty awesome. xD Of course, Bell is a badass when it comes to taking out minotaurs but it definitely is putting a toll on him. Seems like Hestia has assembled a group to search for Bell's party. Was that Ryu at the end?! She looks awesome in that outfit. Man, I'm pretty darn hyped. xD
5/5
Jun 5, 2015 7:50 PM

May 2015
after i saw this, i remember to some lyrics of a song:
"you know where you are? you're in the dungeon baby, you gonna diiieee"
Jun 5, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2013
TFO1013 said:
LusciousLobsters said:
idk if i missed something, but couldn't they have used that stink sack to go back up the dungeon? whatever. at least we get to see ryu in action.

simply because going down is much faster than going back up from that fall. and even that the stink stuff effect didnt even last that long.
Jun 5, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
Can someone please coherently explain what Freya's actual endgame is? There are surely a lot of people much stronger and higher-leveled than Bell. All she seems to do in most of her scenes is writhe and moan and pour out glasses of wine for her soon-to-be-dead homies. I'd like to assume her goals are more clearly laid out in the LN.
Quality Queen.
Jun 5, 2015 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
HYPE!!!

Great episode as usual, can't wait to see just how strong that Elf girl really is, and damn, I absolutely LOVE her outfit.

Next week can't come soon enough!

DanMachi may not have the best story or the deepest characters, but goddamn I love watching this anime every week, it's always fun to watch!

For me, it is so far my clear cut favorite for AOTY...
Jun 5, 2015 9:57 PM

Oct 2011
Bell BAD@SS <333

Hestia and her party to the rescue

Ryu dat assasin outfit <3

Hestia the goddess <3
Jun 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Dec 2013
blitz_21x said:
TFO1013 said:

simply because going down is much faster than going back up from that fall. and even that the stink stuff effect didnt even last that long.

Think about it from a simple perspective:

You are on the 15th floor with an injured teammate and a supporter who has never gone down as far as where you are right now. Your equipment is in tatters and most of your items have been lost during your previous battles. The Dungeon that you are in is a maze that shifts around just to trap and deceive you. You have two options:

1. Go up 15 floors, fighting through monsters, of which the first three floors that you pass (Levels 13 to 15) have barely ventured into (meaning that it will take up most, if not all, the remaining items and equipment that you have left just to reach 13), and then limp your way through the other 13 floors with no equipment/items, minimum MP and strength; or

2. Take a risk and go down 3 floors (15-17) to reach the Dungeon Resort, where higher level Adventurers are staying, and where they could partner with another more experienced Level 2+ team AFTER resting and recovering and replenishing their equipment and items.

Note that they are hedging on the fact that Loki and Hephaestus' joint Dungeon Raid task-force would have to pass the level 17 Floor Boss to go down the dungeon, and that Floor bosses, once defeated, are not suppose to respawn for days, if not weeks, on end.

Also, the Dungeon isn't so kind as to provide Adventurers with respite. They will constantly respwan monsters to attack adventurers. And it gets worse the lower level that you go down to.
Remember how Bell almost got killed after going unconscious after over-using his magic and was being affected by mind-down in the upper levels? Well he won't have Aiz to take care of him if the same thing happens (hence the need to conserve his MP) and he now has to take care of Welf and Lili as well.

What Lili is suggesting is a really bold move, due to the increasing number of monsters they have to face on their way down and the difficulty of the dungeon maze itself before reaching Level 18. However, the same could be said from going up, which would be a longer climb that saps up your equipment, MP and life. For both choices, the chance for them to end up dead is both very high.

So do you take the risk of 3 harder levels, after which you will be able to rest, restock your supplies (a bit) and ask for external help? Or do you bet on the remaining equipment and party members that you have to grind back up more levels than you've ever adventured in?

I personally think that the way that Oomori-sensei planned the story out was really great. Given a difficult dilemma where the only two options you choose are both unfavorable to you in your current situation, which one would you elect to do if you were Party Leader? Apart from just the physical attributes, I'm glad we also get to see Bell's development and growth from other perspectives as an adventurer and Party Leader.
L-RyoshiJun 5, 2015 10:15 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 5, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
Another awesome episode! And Ryu going back into the dungeon only to Bell. She's an Elf and looks like a ninja at the end of the episode was pretty cool.
Jun 5, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2015
A well deserved 5/5 episode.
Jun 5, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2008
RAWRfizzz said:
Can someone please coherently explain what Freya's actual endgame is? There are surely a lot of people much stronger and higher-leveled than Bell. All she seems to do in most of her scenes is writhe and moan and pour out glasses of wine for her soon-to-be-dead homies. I'd like to assume her goals are more clearly laid out in the LN.

I do not read the LN nor do I really know....

BUT....from the looks of it, it clearly seems Bell is no ordinary adventurer, he is growing insanely fast, he has been given two amazing HAX-like skills that enable him to literally get out of life and death situations and of course....he's the MC.

I think Freya is waiting for Bell to get to a certain point where she will use him for her unknown M.O.

I don't think she wants to kill him, but rather toughen him up and thus accelerate his growth even faster.

Unfortunately, with only 3 episodes left in the season, who knows if we'll get to see her real motives....

I hope we get a second season, but we'll probably have to wait some time cuz there isn't enough material....apparently.
Jun 5, 2015 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty interesting ep, a little surprised by the spike in difficulty in the mid floors, hate to wonder what the upper floors are like.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 6, 2015 1:24 AM

Mar 2014
RAWRfizzz said:

She's a very poor version of Hisoka. For a villain she pretty much has done nothing. She's fattening up Bell for whatever reason based on his increasing strength but we don't know. And we more than likely won't know. Probably an attempt to make her mysterious but it's failing due to her over the top villainy.
Jun 6, 2015 1:29 AM

Dec 2014
ElKiddoLoco said:
Bell just massacred those minotauros like it was nothing

:) next episode, can't wait anymore already! XD
Jun 6, 2015 1:33 AM

Feb 2012
xSanox said:
Ninja Ryu at the end. i bet she used to be a higher level adventurer

Obviously an arrow to the knee happened
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Grim and intense cliffhanger...
Then comes the upbeat happy ending theme to ruin the mood.
Jun 6, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 2015
OrangeJP said:

Hestia is the only god for me <3

Also, more badass minotaur killing

She's behaving like a true goddess now. I felt that my jaw just dropped when I saw her in a "pure" state.

Bell, don't fucking die. You're missing the other side of Hestia! Fuck her if you must!!!!
#CHEXIT
Jun 6, 2015 2:12 AM

Jul 2012
TFO1013 said:
LusciousLobsters said:

It takes longer to go up then down, they would've run out of energy before they could go back up and it's much harder to go up. In safe levels you can get help, rest, and maybe some food from other people. The high level adventures would be a lot stronger than them and would've no problem going back up from that floor. It's like helping low level players in a low level dungeon.
よろしく!
Jun 6, 2015 2:39 AM

Jun 2014
Welp. this anime is getting better and better by the episode. The bad thing is that there are 3 episodes remaining, and I will be praying for a second season. But let's get back on this episode. The guys from Take's family really made a dick move by dumping their enemies on Bell, at least one should've stayed with them and help. Also I wonder if Hermes and Hestia will be forced to use their powers in the Dungeon, and Freya again is getting on my nerves, even though she was shown for less than a minute. But DAMN, that power Bell has is somethings else, if Aiz saw him like that she would fall in love with him :D.
Jun 6, 2015 2:52 AM

Apr 2015
shadow_black said:
TFO1013 said:

It takes longer to go up then down, they would've run out of energy before they could go back up and it's much harder to go up. In safe levels you can get help, rest, and maybe some food from other people. The high level adventures would be a lot stronger than them and would've no problem going back up from that floor. It's like helping low level players in a low level dungeon.

Just think, they have two-three gods with them? I see no problem in getting out of there. >_>
#CHEXIT
Jun 6, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2013
Really intense episode. I also love the OST it fits the mood so well.
Jun 6, 2015 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
Bell was pretty impressive at the end there. It's no surprise that Aiz joined the search party. Let's see how Hestia and the others rescue Bell, Welf, and Lili
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 6, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2015
I'm expecting lots of action in the next episode....
Should be good considering that they will be going to floor 18, Bell-kun will definitely annihilate that Floor Boss...

Jun 6, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2014
SteakForLuLu said:
Leeeeroooooyyyyyyy Jenkinnnnssss!!!

lol good one haha
Jun 6, 2015 6:13 AM

Jun 2012
Lol at Welf and Lili trolling Bell when the rabbits attacked.
Jun 6, 2015 6:15 AM

Feb 2015
I lost it when Ryu Came in at the end, We already know she is a BEAST so I cannot wait to see her more..
I loved how they trolled Bell when the rabbits attack, too funny

I will say that I am going to miss this once it ends, I am in love with this show, so I will have the book/manga to keep me going..CANNOT Wait to buy this and add to my collection.
Jun 6, 2015 6:41 AM
Jul 2014
Imeon said:
Just think, they have two-three gods with them? I see no problem in getting out of there. >_>

Except that gods aren't allowed to use their powers. They'll probably be more of a hindrance than a help, unless maybe they can restore HP by doing the status updates.

Collapsing ceilings and floors though. That's a pretty dick move from the dungeon. I wonder if something is controlling it..?
Jun 6, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Really an episode rich in content; the more you go on with the story and the more you feel the need, at least to give space to the characters, a second cour of anime. This time it seemed as if the episode did not want to end up and I was afraid it would end up at the climax; in a way it's happened, but the events are shown were so many that I do not mind that it's over just at the climax. Disappointed that Hestia to disguise himself, has used a solution a bit obvious, that put the glasses; something more original for "camouflage", he earned points to the series, like the one used by Ryu. Beautiful as always drawings and animations, I will never cease to say, as indeed.

xSanox said:
Hestia is bestia http://i.imgur.com/vMYUQKq.gifv

LOL ! Hestia is the best protagonist, when it comes to entertain the audience. XD
Jun 6, 2015 8:19 AM
Feb 2011
RAWRfizzz said:

It is very simple. You know little about the gods because they don’t explain much. One thing you need to know is that they are real gods, not just powerful beings. If you die in their world your soul geos to heaven and is judged. The problem is that there is no unified system. What happens to you is basically up to luck. If you are a ruthless murderer and got a nice god (or an “evil” god who approves of that you did), you might end up being reborn into a wealthy, powerful family. If you are the nicest guy but end up with a god who has a bad day your soul might get tortured for eternity. So what happens to you is entirely up to luck. One thing to note is that not all gods are in the mortal ream. Some had to stay back to keep things working and they are overworked and there is a long line of gods who want to go as well. So if a god “dies” in the mortal world he simple goes back to the god realm and another one takes its place.
Now let’s go back to Freya. She is basically a collector. She collects rare souls, usually of heroes. When she was in heaven she looked into the mortal realm, waited until that hero died and collected his soul before any other god could. She then led that soul into her domain and “loved” it until she got bored of it or found a new toy she liked better. When she then came down to the mortal realm she continued her hobby. When she found someone with a rare color (all souls have colors) she made him join her Familia. Another thing to know is that she still is allowed to use her eyes to look at souls because it is an innate ability. She cannot deactivate it and therefore is allowed to continue using it, while other gods (most) who can deactivate this ability cannot use it. The same goes for her beauty. She is simply so beautiful that everybody who looks at her is automatically charmed, like love at first sight multiplied by a hundred.
Now to her and Bell. Bell has a color she has never seen before. His soul is transparent and shining and she doesn’t know what this means. Will his soul take a color or stay like that? When she first saw him she wanted to collect him but first had to find out if he belonged to a powerful Familia. After that she decided to wait and see what will happen to his soul. The part with the Minotaur was so that he could overcome his trauma because this trauma damped the light from his soul. With what is happening now she has no relation what so ever.
Her endgame is simple. She wants to wait until his soul is the most beautiful, then collect him and love him ( yes it include lots of sex) until she gets bored with him and move on. If he happens to die she will simple return to the god realm and collect his soul.
A lot of gods are like that. They are all after all immortal and bored. This is why they like the mortal realm so much. They like the unknown. It entertains them.
Jun 6, 2015 8:34 AM

Feb 2012
This is one of the best episodes thus far!!!

Bunny Bell, butchered minotaur, forgiving Hestia, bad-ass fighting scenes! If Aiz was present, then it'd be flawless!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 6, 2015 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
I was getting so hyped when he took out those minotaur. I wish this was longer!
---------My Profile------------
Jun 6, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Another intense episode.

I like Bell's fight against those three monsters.

Jun 6, 2015 11:17 AM
Jun 2010
Does that dungeon go up or down???
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.