Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 6, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2014
YES RYO!
Hi there
Jun 6, 2015 12:19 PM

Oct 2011
Ninja + Elf =

And god damn J.C Staff, I don't remember you folks being so damn awesome..
Jun 6, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
wings of freedom at the end
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
Bell and his team finally set foot into the middle floor.
Bell keep getting stronger by the mins...
Hestia planing on saving Bell and his team.
Bell, wait for your harem to come and save you lol
Jun 6, 2015 4:18 PM

Dec 2013
Okay, now Ryu gonna show everyone her skills, and i think she is fking strong
Jun 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
3 Episodes to The End.. Hope he will end up with Hestia or i will give the anime 0/10
btw Nice episode 5/5
Jun 6, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
Broken re-spawn rates. Plz nerf.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 6, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2015

[アウサマ95]
Jun 6, 2015 6:46 PM

May 2013
Take's familia are a bunch of dicks, doing an insane pass parade to save their own skins.
Because of that, Bell, Lili, and Welf have to go to the 18th floor now!

Bell is the freakin' Minotaur Slayer. They really need a healer in their party.
Hestia sends out a search party including Hermes and Ryu.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 6, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
xSanox said:
Inugirlz said:
Question: if the gods need their adventurers to protect them in the dungeon WHY ARE THEY GOING?

my take away from this episode is that they are not allowed to enter dungeons but are interested in bell so they are doing it anyway, problem is to protect themselves they would need to use their powers but using their powers would probably quickly lead to them being found out and if this happens they are sent back to heaven immediately which they obviously don't want to happen so the adventurers need to protect them

lol no i figured there was a reason like that, but i'm more asking why its practical for them to go if they know they're just going to hold everyone back cuz they can't (or shouldn't) actually help. But I already know the answer. Hermes looks like a mischevious person who doesn't follow rules and doesn't really care plus he's interested in Bell and Hestia's gonna go cuz obviously she adores him and wants to see things done right.
Jun 6, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2014
Bell seems op as fk

Jun 6, 2015 9:02 PM

Aug 2013

Seriously, that episode was good though. That new situation is pretty interesting. Welf is a welcomed character. Bell was too OP, he must have a burden somehow. And that burden is his allies! :D
I'm joking, he sure need them, but man, without Bell OPing everything, we would be watching their corpse instead. And this is the problem with Bell character... But this is irreversible. Oh well.

The new team is pretty badass, except those jerks who condemned Bell party. Fuck those kind of player.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 6, 2015 11:11 PM

May 2014
Pretty intense. This rescue party looks even more intense, though. Wonder what Gods will do in the dungeon.
Jun 7, 2015 12:52 AM

May 2011
Ausama95 said:

pfft I'm like....
Jun 7, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2013
Hey look this dude/chick has an axe in his/her shoulder. Lets wrap it in place so it doesnt fall out instead of taking it out
Jun 7, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
Why are people saying that Bell was over his head?
He's level 2 so now that he can go to the middle level to get more itens and money without any problems then he goes.

Anyway, ninja elf <3
Jun 7, 2015 5:35 AM
Sep 2014
lucidbrandon said:
Hey look this dude/chick has an axe in his/her shoulder. Lets wrap it in place so it doesnt fall out instead of taking it out

And let her bleed out?
Jun 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Dec 2010
...a lot of action this episode Bell-kun pretty bad-ass this episode
Jun 7, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
Gosh, those cute rabbits are freaky as hell

Bell went badass mode again! It seems that Minotaurs really hates him...

Amazing episode as always.
Jun 7, 2015 8:58 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty intense episode, really enjoyed it.
Bell wrecking four minotaurus, damn that's pretty OP.
Hermes looks like the troll of the series, thought his voice was that of Xerxes/Xellos but wasn't the case unfortunately.
Ninja Ryu whoa, looking forward to that.
Great episode overall.
Jun 7, 2015 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
Silver4000 said:
Why are people saying that Bell was over his head?
He's level 2 so now that he can go to the middle level to get more itens and money without any problems then he goes.

Anyway, ninja elf <3

Because even if he's at Level 2, Welf is not, and Lili as a supporter probably cannot help as much as when they were in the higher levels. Also, even if he's Level 2, it doesn't mean that he's invincible. He only became Level 2 a few weeks, if not days, ago.

Bell and his team were barely managing with the monsters that they were dealing with when they were on Level 13, but then Mikoto's team ran by them and dumped their monsters on Bell's team as well....

Then because of the attack by the Hellhound, they fell two floors down via a hole down to Level 15. Out of Bell's party, none of them have ever been down this far. The difficulty for each level increases the further down you go. This means in terms of the number of monsters, the difficulty of those monsters as well as the danger of the dungeon itself (it becomes a maze that is more and more difficult to escape from), it all increases exponentially. I doubt that they even have a map for level 15 with them to figure out how to get out, they were only adventuring on the 13th Floor.

Also, the drop to the 15th Floor injured Welf, so now he has to protect an injured teammate as well as Supporter Lili. The drop and the previous fighting also depleted their items and dulled their equipment as well... And of course, even if he has his magic to deal with monsters, he can only use so much before his MP goes down to dangerous levels, so he has to conserve that as well (even though more and more monsters will continue to attack them), meaning he will have to use up his stamina to kill the monsters instead.

So.. yeah....um..... does it still not seem like he's over his head?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
Intense episode. Bell's abilities is very powerful.
Jun 7, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Oh no they're in trouble! What a bunch of cowards! They were so many that they could have wiped all the monsters and escape together. I can't imagine what the punishment for getting caught in a dungeon will be for hestia but I'm thinking it's going to turn out very bad...Bell can already kill 4 minotaurs alone. :D
He's come a long way. The elf maid looks gorgeous there. :)
Jun 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
Wow hestia seemed godly at that one moment where she said she wont blame the fault on take's familia XD

Cant wait to see hestia and hermes in action (hopefully?) in the dungeon!

Man, Bell has turned badass!! Killing those 4 monsters!!
Jun 7, 2015 2:19 PM
Jan 2015
bell you fuckin hero :'(
Jun 7, 2015 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
Hermes has great potential to become my favorite character of this show.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jun 7, 2015 4:21 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't realize the middle floors were such a death trap. It's nice to see the Bell that can't will his way through everything. On the plus side though I'm sure everyone in this party is gonna get a buttload of stats when this is all said and done.
Jun 7, 2015 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
Hestia being the goddess of home and hearth really shined this episode.
I'm already loving Hermes, he was my favorite traditional god as well! xD
Jun 7, 2015 8:52 PM

May 2013
So they got too much monsters on their shoulders. I guess they've been doing fine as long as Bell and the other two don't make anything they'll regret.
Hestia with glasses on looks cute. Ryu looks awesome. Battle girl time.
Jun 8, 2015 1:40 AM

Jun 2014
I cant believe theres only 3 episodes left =[ I really enjoy this show.
Shit REALLY feeling rushed though.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 8, 2015 1:43 AM

Apr 2013
Juhnny said:
Oh no they're in trouble! What a bunch of cowards! They were so many that they could have wiped all the monsters and escape together.

No they weren't. The anime was really clumsy at showing how much the circumstances were bad at that time. No way that by grouping they could have survived, especially since they needed to bring Chigusa somewhere safe to heal her before she dies.
Ouka at that time took as the leader the only correct decision there was to save his own familia over complete strangers. This isn't a MMO where you'll respawn afterwards. Doing that kind of things in MMO would be an awful behaviour (you got too much monsters on you,and can't escape alone, just die and suck it up), but doing it in real life under such circumstances was the only correct choice here. Bell and his group just happened to be unlucky enough to be here.

Fireego said:
Take's familia are a bunch of dicks, doing an insane pass parade to save their own skins.

minouneetzoe said:
The new team is pretty badass, except those jerks who condemned Bell party. Fuck those kind of player.

"player". Same answer as above. This isn't a game. In a game, I would agree with you, but those peoples ARE as a fact good peoples. Pass parade in danmachi is a common thing, and no one complain about it existing because peoples understand. Coming to apologize to the other god after doing a pass parade AND joining the search party as well is almost unheard off. This actually shows how much Takemikaduchi's familia is good willed and has honour.

lol no i figured there was a reason like that, but i'm more asking why its practical for them to go if they know they're just going to hold everyone back cuz they can't (or shouldn't) actually help. But I already know the answer. Hermes looks like a mischevious person who doesn't follow rules and doesn't really care plus he's interested in Bell and Hestia's gonna go cuz obviously she adores him and wants to see things done right.

That's pretty much it. At least, Hermes contrary to Hestia is providing and smart enough to change the party composition so that it can still go through the middle level with two dead weights. Using both Andromeda Asufi and Ryu Lion in that party pretty much guaranty them "safe travel" after all. Hestia just comes along without thinking, as usual when it's about Bell ^^'

ilok said:
Does that dungeon go up or down???

Down. It's not a Keep, it's a Dungeon after all. The tower above is here to keep the monster from getting out by building facilities for the adventurers and so on, it was built by humans.

Except that gods aren't allowed to use their powers. They'll probably be more of a hindrance than a help, unless maybe they can restore HP by doing the status updates.

Yes they're deadweight. And they won't do status update since all fighters except Asufi don't have their familia god with them in that party.
ZefyrisJun 8, 2015 2:41 AM
Jun 9, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
Hestia is really cool, this episode just made me like her more. I liked Hermes, looking foward to see them in the dungeon.
Jun 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Very good and dramatic episode! Cant wait for episode 11
Jun 9, 2015 11:55 PM

Nov 2012
The plot thickens!

A bunch of stuff was set up this episode. Kinda sad that they're brushing over most of the fight scenes but that can't be avoided with the episode limit.

Speaking of the episode limit, I find it sad that this is going to end soon, and when a good plot base was developed too.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jun 10, 2015 2:21 AM

Apr 2011
animefan8800 said:
Man, who woulda figured cute little bunnies could be so deadly? Seeing Hestia entering the dungeon should be good...

You obviously haven't played many RPGs, have you?
Jun 11, 2015 2:14 AM

May 2013
Lol at the rabbits = Bell thing.

The difficulty spike between the middle and upper floors are pretty brutal.

I wonder what Hermes plans to do upon meeting Bell.

When Hestia said she'd always blame them if Bell never came back, but she'd never hate them, she really seemed like a goddess instead of a normal girl.

Didn't really expect Ryu to be dressed like a ninja, thought she'd be more like a knight or a samurai.
Jun 11, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
This anime is definitely a nice surprise. I expected it to be really average with an average MC and fan-service etc but so far I'm wrong. Bell is getting op ugrades and he's being a badass. 8/10 for the anime so far.
Jun 11, 2015 8:36 AM

Jun 2015
Not of fan of this "Argonaut" skill it seems like a cop out for sick OP powers
Jun 11, 2015 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Hermes is interested in Bell as well? As if the anime doesn't have enough characters obsessed with him :/

Best Part: Ryo is going into the dungeon!!!! I was waiting to see her abilities!!
Jun 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2011
Psychoninja said:

It drains him of his stamina almost completely. I'd say that makes it fairly balanced.
Jun 12, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2011
The other 3 minotaurs got shot down quick. Woo. I can't wait to see Bell grow up again after the battles in the middle floors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2015 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
Psychoninja said:

It drains him of his stamina almost completely. I'd say that makes it fairly balanced.

Lawl, its THE SaveTheDay-skill it oneshots everything in the path.
When shit goes out of control =>Nuking the way to clean the map for a while, so there is no problem taking a nap after~

>Don't get me wrong i've no prroblem with Bell skills~
Jun 12, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Lap1 said:
yhunata said:

When shit goes out of control =>Nuking the way to clean the map for a while, so there is no problem taking a nap after~

Doesn't work that way. While charging you need to concetrate on charging, which distract you for simply fighting. Which means that Bell cannot fight as well as usual while charging. Due to that, if he try to charge it against an opponent very superior to him that he already has trouble avoiding attack without charging, that's like asking his opponent "please cut me in two during the next two minutes". And you can be sure he's going to be cut in two far before the end of charging.
Also, in a dungeon where you can have chain birth for monsters at any time, you cannot just "rest just fine after killing all monsters around". You can try, but with huge risks. And if your stamina and mind is depleted after using the Argonaut Skill, it mean,s that any birth of monsters will probably kill you right away.
Jun 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
Lap1 said:
yhunata said:

While it does one-shot everything, it also leaves him extremely vulnerable to almost everything else. Hardly a save-the-day skill, I'd say.
Jun 12, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Dungeon and Attack on Titan crossover? Jk Just reminded me of it. But I did like Bell running away rather than fighting. He would be too OP otherwise.
Jun 12, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
You meant he really needs to concentrate on charging for 3mins long? or just must not do anything for 3mins?
Because he doesn't appear to concentrate on charging at all.

From what i saw the skill activate itself after a time under certains conditions =>blue aura effect on right hand and then next bells attack will be enhanced.
So in fact 'when put under pressure for 3mins the user can lanch a devastating attack in reponse to an incommensurable threat'?
Jun 12, 2015 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Lap1 said:
You meant he really needs to concentrate on charging for 3mins long? or just must not do anything for 3mins?
Because he doesn't appear to concentrate on charging at all.

From what i saw the skill activate itself after a time under certains conditions =>blue aura effect on right hand and then next bells attack will be enhanced.
So in fact 'when put under pressure for 3mins the user can lanch a devastating attack in reponse to an incommensurable threat'?

He needs to concentrate during the charging.
This is an ACTIVE skill, not a passive one. He DECIDES to charge it, and just like any active skills, it distract a part of his mind to actively continuing charging it. Then, when he releases it, the effect will depends on how much time he has charged (3 minutes being the highest possible) and at the result will have most of his stamina and mind being drained right away.

During the charging, a pulsating light will appears on his hands, and the small sound of a bell ringing will periodically mark the charging progress.

He's not forced to do it for 3 minutes, releasing it after like 15 secondes will still boost the attack by quite a bit, but obviously far from what it is if remaining 3 minutes.
He does concentrate. As I said, this simply means that he cannot fight to his fullest during the charge because a part of his mind is distracted and busy focusing on the charge. when what he's fighting isn't too dangerous, it isn't a huge problem, but when fighting something higher level than him, this becoms a huge problem. Try for example to do that against a level 5 opponent, and that opponent will cut you into pieces in the next few seconds before you even can charge it a dozen of second. That's why it's not that op.
It would be very useful inside the dungeon with huge amount of monsters, but if you do that in the middle of dungeon except if you have very costly High potions, you're going to be tired until you get out of the dungeon. It would be very useful against a very superior opponent, but how are you going to keep him busy during the charge part without being killed. And so on.
ZefyrisJun 12, 2015 1:56 PM
Jun 12, 2015 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
In ep9 seems like he wasn't even aware of his charging and he still felt strong&well
and damn against those 3 Minotaurs 5sec of charge was enough to wipe them? (well it was 1min for his LazarBolto on the babydrag' btw)

still looks like a joker ability to me, even in the depth of hell he can have one more continue after wiping out any threat since it seems you still can use it even when your are worn out, even when you cannot even lift your sword, the skill will obliterate what is in front of you.

btw it would be cool to have someone else with the Alter of this ability, some kind of resurection skill that return you back on your feet whatever the attack that killed you.
>just saw the skill of Tione, like Mine's Pumpkin(Akamegakill) everytime she is in difficulty(odds against her) her strenght&power raises exceptionally high , additionnaly her strenght rises up everytime she takes damage (power up potentialized by anger)
=>Damn'ass skill, i mean awesome, similarly to bell skill, everytime your are on the verge of death you are on constant Argonaut level power.

Surely, every strong character must have a fairly good skill, i remember Ais having a skill that allow her to cut through everything easily, nullyfing armor&resistance or something.
Jun 13, 2015 5:01 AM
Apr 2013
Damn, that was a pretty dick move for them to do the parade pass on Bell's party. ;/
But, they had no other choice, I guess. Glad to see the story going along well, getting pretty intense. AND SYR IS GOING ON AN ADVENTURE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Jun 13, 2015 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
@lap1
Yes, that wasn't on purpose that he charged. And he didn't release it on purpose, either. But to release it when he wants and not release it any other time, he activates it consciously, and charges it consciously. This is confirmed in the LN already. Several times, Bell choose to not use that skill because he would have been killed before charging to to being too much distracted in life and death situations.
As for minotaurus, he's level 2 now. Those monsters are nothing special and he has a SS rank in every stats from level 1 backing him up. So yeah, he didn't charge for long. Probably a dozen of second.

Tione is... a bit special sometimes when she fight ^^". Getting heavily hurt on purpose and then calmly drinking a potion while her whole body is melting... She's something else ^^"

AsphyxiateMe said:
Damn, that was a pretty dick move for them to do the parade pass on Bell's party. ;/
But, they had no other choice, I guess. Glad to see the story going along well, getting pretty intense. AND SYR IS GOING ON AN ADVENTURE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That's not Syr, that's Ryu Lion...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

559 by jilebi_james23 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

362 by jilebi_james23 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

195 by jilebi_james23 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

207 by jilebi_james23 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

281 by jilebi_james23 »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.