Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Adaptation of 'Haruchika Series' Novels Announced by P.A. Works

New
Jun 4, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
An official site has opened and revealed that a TV anime adaptation of Sei Hatsuno's Haruchika Series novels has been green-lit. The series will be animated by P.A. Works and is scheduled to air in 2016.

Kadokawa began publishing Haruchika Series in 2008. There are four volumes in print, with a fifth volume planned. The novels revolve around the title characters Haruta Kamijou and Chika Homura, who are members of their school's concert band. Together, the two solve day-to-day mysteries by building on their childhood friendship.

Hatsuno previously won the Yokomizo Seishi Mystery Award, named after detective novelist Seishi Yokomizo, in 2002 for his short story Mizu no Tokei.

Staff
Director: Masakazu Hashimoto (Tari Tari)
Series composition: Reiko Yoshida (Girls und Panzer, Non Non Biyori)
Original character design: Namaniku ATK (Hitsugi no Chaika)
Character design: Asako Nishida (Love Live! School Idol Project)

Official anime site: http://haruchika-anime.jp/

Source: Anime! Anime!

Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 6:02 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 4, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
First P.A. Works adaptation in awhile. Haven't heard much about the novels before but I'm looking forward to this.
Jun 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Jul 2014
Sounds interesting. Will watch.
Jun 4, 2015 11:56 PM

Oct 2012
the character design reminds me with danganronpa (the girl especially)
Jun 4, 2015 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
Sounds like Hyouka, just don't be as boring as Hyouka.
Jun 4, 2015 11:58 PM

Mar 2015
Mhm sounds interesting,let's hope the "mystery" will be better than in a certain other anime tho.
Will watch.
Jun 4, 2015 11:59 PM
Feb 2011
Inferno_Cop said:
Sounds like Hyouka, just don't be as boring as Hyouka.

I really hope so too.
Though I do think that it would be hard to achieve the boringness of Hyouka.
Jun 4, 2015 11:59 PM
Sep 2013
Never heard of this series before but I might watch it because of P.A. works.
Jun 5, 2015 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
sounds pretty interesting. might pick it up.
Jun 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Mar 2012

Nice to see my favorite illustrator Namaniku ATK there. One series in 2016 I'll be looking forward to.
Jun 5, 2015 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
Jun 5, 2015 12:07 AM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
The novel covers:
As for the other two:
Jun 5, 2015 12:07 AM

Dec 2011
I don't really know much about the novels, but I'll watch anyway. This could be good.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 5, 2015 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
Might check this out. Last work I really enjoyed of P.A. was Nagi no Asukara, heard Shirobako is decent too.
Jun 5, 2015 12:09 AM

Jul 2012
female has utapri eyes
scary

male looks okay?

but yeah i'll be following this for sure
Jun 5, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
Music and mystery... hm~ I don't find the charadesign intriguing, so I'll be waiting for more info about staff/cast.
Jun 5, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
This will be the first non-original P.A. Works anime since Uchouten Kazoku (Summer 2013). Definitely looking forward to it. With this being a 2016 anime, Charlotte now has the potential of being a two-cours series.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 5, 2015 12:23 AM

May 2014
Looks interesting...forensic scnese huh..
reminds me of Hyouka though
Jun 5, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Another Generic LN woohoo!
This is the 2nd coming of Glasslip but with music!

i`ll pass.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 5, 2015 12:30 AM

Oct 2014
It sounds like Hyouka with a Little bit twist of Hibike! Euphonium. lol P.A Works you've made it

Not famillar with the Director. The character designs looks okay, I'll wait for Info before I set it as PTW
Jun 5, 2015 12:39 AM
May 2013
arsonal said:
This will be the first non-original P.A. Works anime since Uchouten Kazoku (Summer 2013). Definitely looking forward to it. With this being a 2016 anime, Charlotte now has the potential of being a two-cours series.

O snap. Two cour Charlotte would be VERY interesting. I like P.A. Works, but liked that they were doing original anime rather than adaptations...But, this could be interesting I guess. Is it adapting a novel, or a light novel? If it's a regular novel, then it could be particularly interesting.
Jun 5, 2015 12:39 AM
Dec 2011
Loli-Sazanami said:
Another Generic LN woohoo!
This is the 2nd coming of Glasslip but with music!

i`ll pass.

This is not LN.

And btw, MC is homo, he and feMC both loved same person(male).
Jun 5, 2015 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
Whoa. Homos, classical music AND pa works? I'm fucking hype now
Jun 5, 2015 12:42 AM

Jan 2011
That girl looks like she's from a horror movie or something.
Jun 5, 2015 12:44 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Ooh, P.A. Works! I'm definitely on board for this. Kind of interesting. Hmm, part of a band but also solving mysteries. That's sound a bit random, but I'll look forward to this.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jun 5, 2015 12:48 AM
Aug 2011
That's quite a different visual if those two are the same people from the (first two?) novel covers.
Jun 5, 2015 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
Hahalollawl said:
arsonal said:

O snap. Two cour Charlotte would be VERY interesting. I like P.A. Works, but liked that they were doing original anime rather than adaptations...But, this could be interesting I guess. Is it adapting a novel, or a light novel? If it's a regular novel, then it could be particularly interesting.

It's adapting a novel series.

But yeah, Charlote has potential to be a 2 cour now, assuming this airs at Winter 2016 at the very best.
Jun 5, 2015 12:51 AM
May 2013
mayukachan said:

What's the last mystery novel (not light novel) adaptation that had a male and female character who were romantically interested in the same male character...haven't I seen this before...OSNAP SPOILER ALERT Shinsekai Yori?! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
Jun 5, 2015 12:53 AM

Jan 2015
Mystery huh? Sounds interesting :)
Jun 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Jul 2012
Hahalollawl said:
mayukachan said:

What's the last mystery novel (not light novel) adaptation that had a male and female character who were romantically interested in the same male character...haven't I seen this before...OSNAP SPOILER ALERT Shinsekai Yori?! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

and ssy had classical music

This is gonna be amazing af
Jun 5, 2015 12:56 AM
Apr 2014
This gets my attention.
Jun 5, 2015 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
Looks very interesting
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 5, 2015 1:11 AM
May 2013
mayukachan said:
Hahalollawl said:

and ssy had classical music

This is gonna be amazing af

The music in SSY was freaking awesome. Did such a great job of creating the atmosphere. Sad Song, Sad Separation, History of Sorrow, so much great music. Disappointingly, I don't think I've heard anything else from Komori Shigeo since. If they somehow got him to do the music for this...
Jun 5, 2015 1:14 AM

Oct 2013
Will watch, any series that has mystery in it is always welcome.
Jun 5, 2015 1:20 AM

Jan 2012
I'll probably check this out , however I will honestly say that I'm not a big fan of watching homo's.
Jun 5, 2015 1:23 AM

Apr 2013
Err people... It's NOT because it's not published by a LN label that it's automatically better than something published by a LN label...
I know of this title, haven't read it myself though, but from what I've read about it, the level of mystery is rather low. It's several mysteries in each short volumes, with an all-knowing main character and unbelievable reaction from characters, underdeveloped personality, and very convenient coincidences. It will probably be enjoyable as an anime, just like... Hyouka was. If you don't like Hyouka, I'm not sure you'll enjoy this one.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 1:26 AM
Jun 5, 2015 1:27 AM
May 2013
Zefyris said:
Err people... It's NOT because it's not published by a LN novel that it's automatically better than something published by a LN label...
I know of this title, haven't read it myself though, but from what I've read, the level of mystery is low. It's several mysteries in each short volumes, with an all-knowing main character and unbelievable reaction from characters, underdeveloped personality, and very convenient coincidences. It will probably be enjoyable as an anime, just like... Hyouka was. If you don't like Hyouka, I'm not sure you'll enjoy this one.

Who is the all-knowing main character, male or female?

I guess I was hoping this might be Shinsekai Yori meets Shigatsu but perhaps that was overly optimistic...
Jun 5, 2015 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
Zefyris said:
Err people... It's NOT because it's not published by a LN label that it's automatically better than something published by a LN label...
I know of this title, haven't read it myself though, but from what I've read about it, the level of mystery is rather low. It's several mysteries in each short volumes, with an all-knowing main character and unbelievable reaction from characters, underdeveloped personality, and very convenient coincidences. It will probably be enjoyable as an anime, just like... Hyouka was. If you don't like Hyouka, I'm not sure you'll enjoy this one.

Do you also perhaps know how many main characters there are? Or are the two title characters the main leads?
Jun 5, 2015 1:32 AM
Mar 2012
Zefyris said:
^ This

Zefyris said:
As usual for novel adaptions, I'll keep my expectations low on the adaption quality since way more often than not, the anime will butcher the adaption and anime-only watchers are quick to assume the original novels are of the same quality. Nonetheless, also as usual, I'll still enjoy watching the anime, butchered or not.

Stark700 said:
Do you also perhaps know how many main characters there are? Or are the two title characters the main leads?
Those two are the sole leads seeing their names (Haruta and Chika) make up the title of the series. You can check out the wiki to see what roles the other characters play.
-Karoshi-Jun 5, 2015 1:40 AM
Jun 5, 2015 1:37 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
mayukachan said:

This comment got my attention lol. I feel like I've seen the art style for the covers somewhere before...like, maybe a bl manga?? Maybe not though. It just seems familiar.

Annnd it looks like I was right, after a quick search. The covers are drawn by Yamanaka Hiko, although I've actually never read anything from this artist. The style just looked really BL-ish to me.

Anyways, sounds quite interesting. I'm mostly interested because PA Works. But classical music and homos are a plus.
Jun 5, 2015 1:39 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:

I'm all in for this shit
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 5, 2015 1:49 AM

Aug 2012
arsonal said:
This will be the first non-original P.A. Works anime since Uchouten Kazoku (Summer 2013).
This is solely why I'm hyped for this
Jun 5, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
Mystery - im in :)
Jun 5, 2015 1:50 AM

Apr 2013
Hahalollawl said:

Who is the all-knowing main character, male or female?

I guess I was hoping this might be Shinsekai Yori meets Shigatsu but perhaps that was overly optimistic...

male. The girl has the "Watson role" in this.

looking at the wiki, AFAIK, it confirms that it's mostly those two ("Haru" and "Chika"), but it's about a club, so the teacher in charge is a recurring character, the club president as well, and several other students joins the club after a little while (as soon as the second and third story it seems). Can't say anything more.
Jun 5, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
Hahalollawl said:

No hell no!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 5, 2015 1:58 AM

Jul 2009
Hahalollawl said:
arsonal said:

P.A. Works has only adapted novels, never manga or light novels. Another, Red Data Girl, and Uchouten Kazoku were all standard bunko novels.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 5, 2015 2:06 AM

Feb 2011
Glasslip in a nutshell ?
Jun 5, 2015 2:20 AM

Feb 2014
Might not be interesting...
Jun 5, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
arsonal said:
Hahalollawl said:

P.A. Works has only adapted novels, never manga or light novels. Another, Red Data Girl, and Uchouten Kazoku were all standard bunko novels.

Actually, this is incorrect. Red Data girls by the time the anime was airing was available both as a novel label AND a LN label. So while RDG was originally a novel label, it is also under a LN label (volumes after the 1st and 2nd were published in the LN label during the anime airing). Since it's obviously the same content in both label (so we're not talking about an adaptation from novel to LN, this is identical), saying that PAWorks only adapted novel isn't correct. All of their adaptations were published in novel label, yes. But not only in novel label.

Another is in a similar situation, since it was as well released in a LN label afterwards. However, in that precise case, the anime started one month before the release of the LN label version.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 2:34 AM
Jun 5, 2015 2:42 AM

Jul 2012
tingy said:
mayukachan said:

This comment got my attention lol. I feel like I've seen the art style for the covers somewhere before...like, maybe a bl manga?? Maybe not though. It just seems familiar.

Annnd it looks like I was right, after a quick search. The covers are drawn by Yamanaka Hiko, although I've actually never read anything from this artist. The style just looked really BL-ish to me.

Anyways, sounds quite interesting. I'm mostly interested because PA Works. But classical music and homos are a plus.

oh but it's confirmed. Someone above me said that the main guy crushes on another male haha
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.