Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2014 3:15 PM
Nov 2013
First of all, I've read the LN until volume 8 (finished 8 just yet). I'd like to discuss something but it may contain spoilers, so you might not want to continue to read:

In volume 8 we learned more about his "defectness" which is why he was kind of "banned" from the Yotsuba. So far, everything tells us that it will be impossible for him to become the leader of the Yotsuba clan and his aunt tells her butler that Miyuki must at all costs become the next heir, because else Tatsuya might rampage against his clan and destroy it.

So what I'm wondering, do you think there is any possibility of him becoming the heir in the future? I mean, Miyuki probably wishes nothing more than her brother becoming head of their clan, but what about its members?
Do you think it's possible? Considering the fame the clan would get by having the ultimate boss Strategic-Class Magician.
What do you think.
And btw I personally don't mind being spoilered, spoilered myself alot already by "studying" the mahouka wikia.

TyrelJun 4, 2015 4:02 PM
Jan 14, 2015 10:41 PM
Oct 2013
Raiyden said:
First of all, I've read the LN until volume 8 (finished 8 just yet). I'd like to discuss something but it may contain spoilers, so you might not want to continue to read:

In volume 8 we learned more about his "defectness" which is why he was kind of "banned" from the Yotsuba. So far, everything tells us that it will be impossible for him to become the leader of the Yotsuba clan and his aunt tells her butler that Miyuki must at all costs become the next heir, because else Tatsuya might rampage against his clan and destroy it.

So what I'm wondering, do you think there is any possibility of him becoming the heir in the future? I mean, Miyuki probably wishes nothing more than her brother becoming head of their clan, but what about its members?
Do you think it's possible? Considering the fame the clan would get by having the ultimate boss Strategic-Class Magician.
What do you think.
And btw I personally don't mind being spoilered, spoilered myself alot already by "studying" the mahouka wikia.

no that's not fully what the aunt says. She wants to keep Tatsuya's power from falling into the hands or military or some other clan and to do so they need to grasp his chain which is his sister. However the aunt mentions that should they do something to harm Miyuki then yea all hell will break lose with Tatsuya.

That being said I find both of the siblings "fates" to be quite "sad". The one who should be head cant and the one more than likely will be the next head really doesn't want it because it would be shackling the other sibling.

Will be interesting to see the title for LN vol 16 is Yotsuba Succession sooooo.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Apr 9, 2015 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
with volume's 15 release, it looks like tatsuya is more likely to be the next head
Apr 9, 2015 7:26 PM
Oct 2013
I am curious why LN 16 is Yotsuba Succession, I mean Tatsuya and Miyuki still have another year of school. I wonder if 1) something happens to the aunt or 2) in try to catch his target Tatsuya will be fully exposed to the 10 Clans which forces the timetable of the Selection Process. But a bit conflicted if Tats could be head of Yotsuba I feel he shouldn't....I mean they brand him as failed magician before hes even 5, fuck with his head so he cant "Feel" any emotions, make him a glorified bodyguard for his sister, they look down on his abilities and achievements and make him hide those facts, and now they want to make him the head.....I'd say F THAT! but this is Tats so wonder what he'd do and say if that should happen
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Apr 9, 2015 7:58 PM

Aug 2012
I think most secrets of Onii-sama will be revealed so that Yotsuba will be left with no choice but to crown him as next head. But who knows really? The Yotsuba clan is your typical villainous family.
julyanApr 9, 2015 8:02 PM
May 8, 2015 5:02 PM
Mar 2012
Here are condensed spoilers regarding the sibling's relationship and the Yotsuba Family:

As for a preview of what is to come in volume 17:
May 9, 2015 3:47 AM

Aug 2012
Just got spoiled for vol 16.

May 9, 2015 8:40 AM

Oct 2014
julyan said:

I was for MayumiXtatsuya as well and the whole muykiXtatsuya is just gonna make thier relationship to the rest of world awkward as they are already seen as bro +sister
May 9, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Yotsuba can't afford to lose Tatsuya
May 10, 2015 1:05 AM
Oct 2013
LastChapter said:
Here are condensed spoilers regarding the sibling's relationship and the Yotsuba Family:

As for a preview of what is to come in volume 17:

well if you aint BS'ing us here...I can live with that plot.....hell not was rooting for that route
― Imam Ali as
May 11, 2015 3:42 AM

Aug 2012
blessofcurse said:

Hhmm.. I think "Yotsuba can't afford to lose against Tatsuya" sounds more appropriate.
May 11, 2015 4:48 PM
Oct 2013
julyan said:
blessofcurse said:

Hhmm.. I think "Yotsuba can't afford to lose against Tatsuya" sounds more appropriate.

I think "No one can afford to go against Tatsuya" would be more accurate
― Imam Ali as
May 12, 2015 2:47 PM

Feb 2014
Here is a rough translation of some important parts of vol.16

May 13, 2015 5:18 PM
Mar 2012
I was a fan of Mayumi x Tatsuya but I'm fine with the incest, I'm just hoping NTR won't be introduced in the future such as Mayumi's family marrying her off to the Juumonji family to strengthen ties.
May 13, 2015 7:02 PM
Oct 2013
LastChapter said:
I was a fan of Mayumi x Tatsuya but I'm fine with the incest, I'm just hoping NTR won't be introduced in the future such as Mayumi's family marrying her off to the Juumonji family to strengthen ties.

Mayumi x Juumonji wouldnt be too bad and it did seem like the two had chemistry. If what Reaperdark post is accurate then I am more worried about what the Ichijo will do. Course I don't understand why anyone would 1) challenge the Yotsuba 2) potentially piss off the God of Destruction.
― Imam Ali as
May 14, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2013
Everyone the series is confirmed to end at the 20th volume
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 1:40 AM

Apr 2014
julyan said:

ffs so this is going to take a full on incest route? ugh.
May 15, 2015 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
So

ReaperdarkMay 15, 2015 3:45 PM
May 15, 2015 11:33 PM
Oct 2013
Z4k said:

why do you seem so surprised by this? I mean the ground work for this outcome was almost 95% assured. The only way another route would have been viable would be 1) unlobotomize Tatsuya 2) Yotsuba give up on using Tatsuya's power 3) Yotsuba actually allowing Tatsuya to be the new clan head. The first point is a non-issue/ non deal breaker for other routes. However the last 2 are. Tats can be married off to any of the other clan because well there goes Tats. Mayumi is out of the running because the only way that would happen is Tats becomes clan head BUT Yotsuba doesn't want that at all. Most members fear and loathe Tats so theres no way head get the job.
― Imam Ali as
May 16, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
odysseyrh said:
Z4k said:

why do you seem so surprised by this? I mean the ground work for this outcome was almost 95% assured. The only way another route would have been viable would be 1) unlobotomize Tatsuya 2) Yotsuba give up on using Tatsuya's power 3) Yotsuba actually allowing Tatsuya to be the new clan head. The first point is a non-issue/ non deal breaker for other routes. However the last 2 are. Tats can be married off to any of the other clan because well there goes Tats. Mayumi is out of the running because the only way that would happen is Tats becomes clan head BUT Yotsuba doesn't want that at all. Most members fear and loathe Tats so theres no way head get the job.

I had a fear it might go that route but I kept on reading hoping it wouldn't go for the obvious. I'm just really disappointed I guess...
May 16, 2015 6:35 PM
Oct 2013
Z4k said:
odysseyrh said:

I had a fear it might go that route but I kept on reading hoping it wouldn't go for the obvious. I'm just really disappointed I guess...

ah! not going to say I am one of those "incest is wincest" kind of ppl but if you present a story that gives me a compelling reason to support such an out come then il bite and go along with it. Case in point Angel Sanctuary the why was powerful enough that I enjoyed the read whereas watching my little sister cant be this cute...then no the reason wasn't strong enough or "believable" for me to support that outcome. For MKR the only way id go for something other than Miyuki is if 1) Tats goes to war with the yotsuba and wipes them out and those is freed from them, 2) he gets his brain/emotions back 3) the reason he wants to solve the 3 puzzles is to make interstellar ships so he can just leave earth with some of his magician friends and colonize mars so that magicians are free of humanity.
― Imam Ali as
May 17, 2015 6:10 AM

Jan 2009
I'd wait and see first. To me, it seems very disingenuous to resolve the romantic matches in the 5th-to-last volume.

I mean, I am a Miyuki shipper and wish her only the very best. But for a longer time I'd have wanted her to be freed of her oniisama obsession, able to make her own decisions. Putting the Tatsuya linkup into the limelight so "early" in the show makes me think there's a realistic chance that further developments will go into a different direction.
May 17, 2015 1:50 PM

May 2011
@Mentar,u a member of animesuki? i get the feeling i have seen dat avy of yours over their a lot somehow<.<
''I was dead serious''

May 17, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
BlackteZz said:
@Mentar,u a member of animesuki? i get the feeling i have seen dat avy of yours over their a lot somehow<.<

I was, before I was permabanned for having the audacity to criticize the mods for their increasingly invasive policies, which is leading to a significant decrease of activity on the boards. Or for their questionable policy ideas (like forbidding detailed summaries of unlicenced light novels).

It's been ruled to be "harassment", towards the mods :)
May 17, 2015 7:12 PM
Oct 2013
Mentar said:

"forbidding detailed summaries of unlicenced light novels"

seriously?!? are the LN being translated by someone or are they not even touched by anyone?
― Imam Ali as
May 17, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
odysseyrh said:
seriously?!? are the LN being translated by someone or are they not even touched by anyone?

Seriously. It's just completely retarded, because summaries for review purposes are no copyright infringement to begin with. It's simply that some policy-designing mods are interested in "keeping rules consistent" over media that are completely different to begin with, and who have no real interest whatsoever in providing a service that _the community_ wants. For them, the site is like a Bonsai they're stubbornly cutting to what THEY desire. It's self-gratification for the mods, nothing else. And it's killing a site with great tradition. Most people I loved to discuss things with have left/been thrown out.

Anyway, let them, I'm done with Animesuki. And it's nice to see how many people who mysteriously "disappeared" before can be found here on MAL :)
May 18, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
julyan said:

Well that was...unexpected.

Though it doesn't bother me that much tbh, since miyuki is my favorite female character in the series with erika a close second.
That said, there are still 4 volumes left to change things.
May 20, 2015 3:23 PM
Mar 2012
TheBlckJoker said:
Confirmed where is the question, nothing was stated in the afterwards.
May 28, 2015 6:32 PM

Aug 2012
Where was it stated that it'll end in vol 20?

I actually didn't expect the incest route. I believe I read somewhere that the author wasn't planning that outcome at all. Perhaps we'll get some twists later on?
Jun 4, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Merged
TyrelJun 4, 2015 4:09 PM
Jun 4, 2015 8:20 PM
Oct 2013
julyan said:

I actually didn't expect the incest route. I believe I read somewhere that the author wasn't planning that outcome at all. Perhaps we'll get some twists later on?

he may not have planned on that route in the beginning or at the time of the interview and as the story evolved this route came apparent or this latest twist in the story is a red herring and drawing our attention away from the real and final reveal. Who knows time to strap in and enjoy the ride.
― Imam Ali as
Jun 6, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
odysseyrh said:
julyan said:

he may not have planned on that route in the beginning or at the time of the interview and as the story evolved this route came apparent or this latest twist in the story is a red herring and drawing our attention away from the real and final reveal. Who knows time to strap in and enjoy the ride.

It shouldn't have "evolved" if what he said during the interview was right. He clearly stated that he made them siblings to completely null the possibility of a Tatsuya X Miyuki ending. So I'm still hoping that we'll get some twists later on. Not that I hate the pairing, but I just prefer him to be with Mayumi.
Jun 6, 2015 9:03 PM
Oct 2013
julyan said:
odysseyrh said:

It shouldn't have "evolved" if what he said during the interview was right. He clearly stated that he made them siblings to completely null the possibility of a Tatsuya X Miyuki ending. So I'm still hoping that we'll get some twists later on. Not that I hate the pairing, but I just prefer him to be with Mayumi.

the only reason I haven't gotten onboard with any other ships has been what was done to Tatsuya. The only way I could see and enjoy him partnering with either Honoka or Mayumi is if full mental/emotion facilities was restored. However that would make Tatsuya the Tats I like. I nice having an OP character that also has a character defect. Restore him to full and its no longer any fun
― Imam Ali as
Jun 19, 2015 10:36 AM
Mar 2015
My Mayumi X Tatsuya....
Jul 16, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2014
I'm assuming all the people who said they've read 15 read it in Japanese since i've been unable to find a translation and bakatsuki is finished. If I hadn't quit learning back when I started I would be on the way to being able to read it but unfortunately I did not plan for this to happen. Freakin people should let the fantranslation continue with 15 but take down all the rest like they did. Not sure how all that works but did bakatsuki take them down willingly or were they required to ?
Aug 4, 2015 12:03 AM
Nov 2013
TheBlckJoker said:

That sucks but everything must come to a end sometime i can't wait to see the finale to such a good series.
Nov 6, 2015 6:56 PM
Nov 2015
Iv a question.

I read the LN online. The English translated version of Vol.15 was written in 3rd person. It feels weird to read. Is the 3rd person version of Vol.15 legit?
Sep 9, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
So many spoilers and off topic comments in this thread. Probably due to the thread merger.

It looks Zhou Gongjin was finally taken care off. (Probably).

Once again, Minami's reaction to Minoru was funny. That ship is sailing.

Mayumi asking Tatsuya to strip her in her drunken state was amusing. How I love to see Tatsuya x Mayumi.

We got a glimpse of the Yotsuba and its branch families. Kuroba Mitsugu tried to kill Tatsuya when he was born. Judging from the branch families reaction to Tatsuya, they really despise him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.