Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2015 3:36 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I want to protect that smile
Seems like Steven is loved by a lot of people
Ash completely destroyed Shota during the battle. Fortunately, his Treecko has evolved.
Jun 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Haha, Satoshi sure didn't hold back! I guess we'll be seeing Shota again, probably also in the league as a rival. I'd sure love to see Sceptile come back and mega evolve in the future, but I suppose showcasing Mega Sceptile will be up to Shota instead. It's kinda weird how Satoshi didn't even mention to him that he has a Sceptile.
Jun 14, 2015 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
Aipom said:
Haha, Satoshi sure didn't hold back! I guess we'll be seeing Shota again, probably also in the league as a rival. I'd sure love to see Sceptile come back and mega evolve in the future, but I suppose showcasing Mega Sceptile will be up to Shota instead. It's kinda weird how Satoshi didn't even mention to him that he has a Sceptile.

No, but he looked at Pikachu and said "he can mega evolve?". You'd only say that if you had the Pokemon before. Good episode though!
Jun 14, 2015 9:31 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Aipom said:

No, but he looked at Pikachu and said "he can mega evolve?". You'd only say that if you had the Pokemon before. Good episode though!

Let's not forget Shota has Bagon as well. He could be a Salamance by the time the league starts and he might have more Pokemon in his team.

This wasn't as good as past episodes, but it was nice to see Ash and friends take a small break from their journey. Jessie's fantasies lol

Shota needs to start learning things on his own as well. He couldn't do anything when Slupuff lost.
As for Treeko evolving, he may be strong type wise, but Frogadier's experience was too much for Grovyle.

Jun 15, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2014
When I first saw Shota, I feared he'd be his companion for Gen 7. Though, since Treecko I doubt it'd happen now. Can't wait to see what becomes of him though.
Jun 17, 2015 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
I love that rivalry between Frogadier and Grovyle. I can't wait to see their future fights.

Jun 18, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
Oh my lord. Ash wiped the floor with this kid. Shota barely put a scratch on any of his Pokemon
Good that they are showing showing Ash's strength for once :P
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Aug 14, 2015 8:51 PM

Nov 2014
Fastest battle ever lol. I'm glad Ash didn't struggle against the newbie. And now that Ash knows Skeptile can Mega Evolve, it would be pretty cool if he brought back his own Skeptile and had a Skeptile vs. Grovyle/Skeptile(?) battle with Sawyer! I do wish he would say something when he sees a Pokémon that he has caught before though. I think it would be great if he told his friends what kind of awesome Pokémon he's trained before they met. But oh well, at least it happens occasionally like with Charizard.

Steven Stone flashback! And his shiny Metagross <3 I totally would have kept training mine in Y if I had space on my team.

I can't wait to see the animation for the giant sundial in Anistar City! I bet it's going to be pretty ^,^ Pokémon XY has some really great towns and cities.

Looks like Frogadier and Grovyle are rivals now! They would make good rivals. They both kinda remind me of ninja's. Frogadier and it's evolution line are based off of frogs and ninja's, but Grovyle just kinda gives off that ninja-vibe to me.
BlackFox24Aug 14, 2015 8:57 PM
Oct 9, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
That battle was awesome and Treeko evolved!!!!

Jessie wants to marry everyone, if she wants to marry someone rich, why not James? wasn't he rich before Team Rocket? he had a mansion if I remember correctly, well his family did and a Growlithe lol.
Nov 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
Well, a great chill out episode after the gym battle.. Actually like that Steven made an appearance albeit in the flashback.. but since he appear in Mega Evolution special, i can hope that he can made his appearance in original series.. Also it seems now they also include the mega evolution from ORAS.. great news :D

In this episode, Sawyer challenge ash for a battle, but he lost horribly.. Good thing that his treecko evolved into Grovyle.. still experience wise, Frogadier is still superior i guess.. I can see him become one rival that ash will battle in the league.. Maybe he already master mega evolve when the time comes? Can't wait to see it..

Anyway a great episode.. looking forward to see the next ones.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 18, 2016 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
Musashi's dreams have been broken. lol

Kimori was like "Don't fock with me!" when it was evolving.

LMAO at Gekogarashi using instantaneous movement followed by a kamehameha.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 12, 2016 9:10 PM

May 2013
That battle between Grovyle and Frogadier was amazing, I found myself cheering for Frogadier it was actually amazing and intense. I know we'll see more of Shota

Mar 15, 2020 8:30 PM

Dec 2008
Interesting it wasn't brought up that James/Kojiro is also a rich [estranged] heir, but he would certainly not be the one to do that if no one else did. - @stephtastrophe It's either because she gets that James doesn't want to get married or recognizes he's technically engaged to married to someone else already.

I'm really liking this new rival character. I get attached seeing him try and learn. Seeing him lose makes me like him more. Cool battle and cool evolution scene too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.