Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I don't trust this Zoldan guy tbh although he clearly knows his objectives. As for Lexington, I wonder if she can keep her words lol.

Next time, the battle!
Jun 1, 2015 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
So Now we have 2 different battles occurring at once, i don't know who will win if it is U-2501 or Lexington but they will most likely keep the battle long enough for I-401 to defeat kongou and get out of there before the american fleet arrives to assist.

short chapter this month but with very good content can't wait to see what an aircraft carrier fog ship is capable of :)
Jun 1, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2014
Lexington's mental model is pretty interesting!

I don't see how U-2501, or even I-401, could evade the American fleet single-handedly. Their capabilities are enough to take on multiple battleships at once, and to hide from a fleet that can't locate them, nowhere near enough to neutralize an all-out attack while cornered. Zoldan must have some card he hasn't played; maybe we'll get a hint at Admiral Chihaya and Yamato's motives now.
Jun 2, 2015 10:48 PM

Apr 2008
U-2501 only need to stall American fleet to win. Actually if they go by objectives, Lex can just leave some ships behind to hold back Zoldan and proceed with her course.
New Jersey will probably go along with her though, because she wants overwhelming firepower to destroy the enemy at once.
And probably to back her up if Kongou got pissed off and aimed at her instead.

Of course it still bring the question of how U-2501 will do data gathering, but they probably have the drones do that.

MihoWittmann said:
Lexington's mental model is pretty interesting!
It's the age of exploration! The era of romance and enlightment!
Have that feel when she showed up, and then even more after she raised her flag, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, she looks like she could fits in ^^;;
Dec 16, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2012
This entire battle seems so pointless. Fighting the American fleet seems like it would decrease their ability to collect intelligence more than just letting them go. While Lexington's decision to go to another fleets jurisdiction is pretty brazen, it is unlikely that she would engage in battle if Kongo still refuses while the American fleet is present.

There are also serious doubts as to how much assistance the Americans can provide. Lexington clearly showed she doesn't understand how dangerous I-401 is, nor does she seem aware of all the lessons the Japanese fleets have learned so far. The American ships can only offer brute force now, and it isn't clear that will win.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Chapter 140 Discussion

johngoncalves10 - Dec 12, 2022

0 by johngoncalves10 »»
Dec 12, 2022 6:12 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Chapter 136 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 10, 2022

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Sep 10, 2022 6:22 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

1 by badbass55 »»
Sep 1, 2022 8:20 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Chapter 132 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 17, 2022

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Feb 17, 2022 5:19 PM

» From Anime to manga

NagamaSaiyan - Nov 26, 2021

1 by Weebookey »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.