Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Manga & Light Novel Rankings for 2015 (First Half)

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 1, 2015 8:19 AM

May 2014
Wow.. i didn't expected that! Nanatsu surpassed One piece oooooohh yeah :D announce a season 2 and it will be perfect :D , btw so sad that Magi dropped so much :/
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jun 1, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
Danmachi shows up with insane boost...

Sadly there weren't any released SAO volumes this year, otherwise it would probably be first. That's pretty sad...
Jun 1, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2014
So happy for NNT getting some recognition!
This is why I stopped with the anime at episode 10 or something, and now I'm buying the volumes.

Also really happy about the usual, One piece, Tokyo ghoul, Naruto and Terraformars!
Ass class, Owari no seraph and Souma getting dem anime boosts.
Too bad no Yamada or Arslan though..

DC at number 15!! :D I hope it stays that high.

Jun 1, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
Nice. Loving the Yahari ore no seishun love comedy wa machigatteiru light novel. Hopefully the anime stops the crappy pacing and a 3rd season to be announced.
Best girl: Yukino Yukinoshita. Second best girl: Senjougahara Hitagi.
Jun 1, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2012
The list will be better without Terra Formars .

Jun 1, 2015 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, didn't like most of them.
Happy for nnt, gintama, mahouka and a bit more.
I'm asking my self what strobe edge is doing up there?
Jun 1, 2015 9:46 AM

Aug 2012
Shokugeki no Souma will be Top 5-10 by the end of the year!

Jun 1, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
NARUTO,ONE PIECE,BLEACH
Jun 1, 2015 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
Hongu said:
dolly94 said:
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou anime, when!!??
Never. You know they never adapt good light novels into anime. And it's already gotten a live action adaptation.

That and Media works bunko never made an anime adaptation of one of their titles, so I don't think they're going to change their way on this any time soon.
Ejc said:
DinadanCarleon said:

yeah i don't understand why Biblia on the Top by Volumes but not by series

It is not a light novel. How MAL presents the different sales list (Top 100 Bunko, Top 100 Books, Top 20 Literature, Top 20 Shinshou Novels, and Top 50 Light Novels are the lists i'm talking about) from Oricon Youtaiju is very confusing for people who don't follow sales closely, so I don't blame you guys for being confused here.

It ranked 2nd on the "Bunko" Top 100 sales list by the way. So obviously it won't be on the Top 30 Light Novel Series, unless it is also a light novel. The light novel list is a compilation of the Bunko and Book rankings which are also light novels.

EDIT: This happened last year as well, so really that should be a sign for MAL to change how they present the data here. It seriously doesn't take much longer to present it according to how Oricon Youtaiju releases it.

Yes, that. And while we're at recurring problems in the sales figure, how about the news team stops referring to the last volume of the mondaiji series as the 11th when I already proven several time that that numbering is wrong?
Either remove completely the volume number from mondaiji entry since they aren't appearing on the front cover, or follow the publisher's numbering on the side of the cover, meaning, last volume is the 12th, not the 11th.
I am saying that every time a new volume gets out and the staff is still ignoring completely the correction I'm asking. Staff is still counting the 9th volume as a SS even though in the MAL database itself, it's acknowledged as the 9th volume, sigh. Every single volume number in the sales since that volume has been wrong due to this, and it's never corrected no matter how many times pointed out. Looks like they think they know better. Without owning those books themselves, contrary to me. meh.
ZefyrisJun 1, 2015 10:28 AM
Jun 1, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2007
KuroYaksha said:
nanairorekt said:

So can we now please get another season of Ao Haru Ride.

If there will be another season. Futaba x Kou shippers will hate it.

Season 2 will mostly be a Touma x Futaba thing. Which I don't mind... Touma > Kou

Nope. there will never be a season 2. So, if you want, you can start reading the manga. Till this date, I have never seen a shoujo anime being adapted from a manga that has already ended.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 1, 2015 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
Does anyone have the top 50 selling series? I want to know where the rest of the series ranks, not just top 30.
Jun 1, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2013
What the fuck is Nanatsu doing first? Holy shit this can't be happening... And AssClass... I just don't see what's so good about them. There's also a lot of questionable things besides them. Well, glad for the fans, I guess...
Jun 1, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
SaberCapital said:
Does anyone have the top 50 selling series? I want to know where the rest of the series ranks, not just top 30.

It generally gets released way later.
Jun 1, 2015 11:08 AM

Dec 2011
ZoroZoldyck said:

Look at the novel list for Arslan. The manga is only an adaptation, after all.

Zefyris said:

I am saying that every time a new volume gets out and the staff is still ignoring completely the correction I'm asking. Staff is still counting the 9th volume as a SS even though in the MAL database itself, it's acknowledged as the 9th volume, sigh. Every single volume number in the sales since that volume has been wrong due to this, and it's never corrected no matter how many times pointed out. Looks like they think they know better. Without owning those books themselves, contrary to me. meh.

Snow never reads these threads. Have you tried leaving them a profile comment?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 1, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
TroyAndAbed said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
So this is safe from cancellation for the forseeable future right? This series has so much potential in the long run and so much careful planning for those future events ill be so happy to see it actually have the time to follow through on them without worry of it ending abrutply

The mangaka has been suffering from ill health in recent weeks & as such the series has been given a "regular" spot towards the back of the Shonen Jump anthology. I'm not sure what this means but I'm hoping it means they are giving the series some form of protection while the mangaka recovers.
yeah hopefully, it'd suck if they got rid of it causeof his health problems, i also hope he doesnt end up like another miura or togashi

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2015 11:11 AM
Apr 2015
Agafin said:
SaberCapital said:

It generally gets released way later.

I want to see if Toriko is going to get cancelled or not.
Jun 1, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't want to get into this snk vs one piece debate. Know one is right or wrong. season 2 of snk will probably air in spring 2016, at that time the series will have 19 volumes, more volumes equal more sales.

Know one knows the amount of impact season 2 will bring for the manga sales, it will probably not be as big as season 1, but the fact remains that it will have more volumes out this time around means anything is possible.

Snk could get more loyal fans in the sales per volume part, during or after the second season. People shouldn't talk as if its impossible for snk to reach one piece per volume sales. Snk vol 12, sold 2.4mill at the end of the year for the 2014 sales while one piece best volume did 3.1 or 3.2 mil?

So people shouldn't act like the sales per volume are that far apart. don't let the normal edition sales alone fool you.

Now before anyone attack me, I'm just putting out the possibilities here. Not saying this is how its going to play out since know one knows how much of an effect the 2nd season will have.

But again, it can happen. So to one piece fans, I know you guys are extremely confident that nothing can take one piece off the #1 spot, but its best you be humble about it.
Jun 1, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
ZoroZoldyck said:

Look at the novel list for Arslan. The manga is only an adaptation, after all.

Zefyris said:

Snow never reads these threads. Have you tried leaving them a profile comment?

No wonder... No I didn't. If no one from the staff read the news after the ycreate it, then anything we said here about mistake has no chance to be corrected...
Well, supposedly, this should be the last time the mistake is made since the last volume will start back to 1, so it's a bit late now.
ZefyrisJun 1, 2015 12:03 PM
Jun 1, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:
I didn't want to get into this snk vs one piece debate.

Maybe thy're saving the long overdue one piece movie for next year so... R.I.P. snk XD
It might be a strategic move on their part :O

SaberCapital said:

Not really, it's more than just manga sales, Toriko is highly rated in the magazine it's published in.
Toriko should be around top 40 when the full year list is out.
Jun 1, 2015 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Can't believe One Piece really reach 7mil by the first half. :) Good job as always.

metsujin said:
However I'm really surprised in Ansatsu, the anime boosted the sales a lot
How I wish Shokugeki no Souma got some nice boost too. ):

Yes the anime is great, how come the sales didn't boost more.. Or they did?? I guess it could reach around 3-4 million by the end of the year.
Jun 1, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
keragamming said:

Maybe thy're saving the long overdue one piece movie for next year so... R.I.P. snk XD
It might be a strategic move on their part

Film Z didn't have the impact of Strong World so I doubt any subsequent movie would.
Jun 1, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
Agafin said:

Its volumes have limited editions (just like SNK) and they sold more than 100k so its actually selling close to 1 million per volume which should put it above Haikyuu.

Just want to correct this :
37. *27,479 *,*27,479 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.14 Limited Edition
19. *54,973 *,*54,973 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.13 Limited Edition
24. *40,399 *,*40,399 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.12 Limited Edition
(the first time and also the last time its limited editions stood on these ranking charts)
Jun 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:
keragamming said:

It might be a strategic move on their part :O

SaberCapital said:

Not really, it's more than just manga sales, Toriko is highly rated in the magazine it's published in.
Toriko should be around top 40 when the full year list is out.

Aye, SnK is golden.
Jun 1, 2015 7:54 PM

May 2011
Nice sales for Gintama, Kuroko and Naruto (:

I was thinking.. before One Piece take the yearly/half-year top spot in 2009 (?), which manga was the number one?
Jun 1, 2015 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
Ao haru ride on Rank 8!!!! So happy :D
Jun 1, 2015 9:29 PM

Apr 2010
I really need to start reading #1, 3, & 17.
Jun 1, 2015 9:38 PM

Mar 2015
Yay for oregairu
Jun 1, 2015 9:49 PM

Jun 2014
roddy-shinigami said:

I was thinking.. before One Piece take the yearly/half-year top spot in 2009 (?), which manga was the number one?

It was number 1 in 2007 and 2008 too. Death Note was number in 2006.

In the sales by volume listt, Death Note had several volumes above it in 2006 while Nana practically had the same sales until its hiatus in 2009.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=65525
You can check here^
Jun 1, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
WOW! Nanatsu surpass One Piece.

Yes,Oregairu best selling LN.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 2, 2015 12:25 AM

Mar 2013
Keep on dominating, Hachiman! We love you. :)

PS: It's funny how Ejc is spot-on and correct at everything he has said... again.
Jun 2, 2015 1:07 AM
Nov 2010
I didn't expect to see Parasyte there, to be honest.

The top titles are pretty big in sales, we'll see how it goes to the end of the year.

Keep up the good sales, Bleach.
Jun 2, 2015 6:13 AM

May 2014
AllenVonStein said:
The list will be better without Terra Formars .

Why?

It's a pretty good series.

Jun 2, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
Yay! Taizai and Assassination Classroom~
and Magi and OPM
Jun 2, 2015 6:55 AM
May 2015
What's going on with Kingdom? Every volume is in the top 500, some will appear in the top 50 this week, has the manga gotten hype, or is the anime re airing?
Jun 2, 2015 7:14 AM
Sep 2013
UchihaProdigy1 said:
What's going on with Kingdom? Every volume is in the top 500, some will appear in the top 50 this week, has the manga gotten hype, or is the anime re airing?

There is popular mid night tv program in which comedians discussing about different topics and that topic was kingdom this time

Viewer ratings of that show are about 13-15 which is quite high for the time slot
umashikanekoJun 2, 2015 7:19 AM
Jun 2, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2012
Snow said:
Here are the Manga and Light Novel sales rankings for the first half of the fiscal year of 2015. (November 17, 2014 - May 17, 2015)

Light Novel Sales by Series
*1. 624,815 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
*2. 592,084 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*3. 528,617 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

10. 227,314 Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

Light Novel Sales by Volumes
*1. 512,362 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.6

*3. 231,261 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.15

*5. 199,400 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.10
*6. 176,150 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.10.5
*7. 170,053 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.16

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Not bad. Good to see Saekano within top 10 and Oniisama doing well. Not surprised with Biblia Koshodou too, it's pretty good.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 2, 2015 5:14 PM
May 2015
umashikaneko said:
UchihaProdigy1 said:

There is popular mid night tv program in which comedians discussing about different topics and that topic was kingdom this time

Viewer ratings of that show are about 13-15 which is quite high for the time slot
Thanks
Jun 2, 2015 8:13 PM

May 2011
Agafin said:
roddy-shinigami said:

It was number 1 in 2007 and 2008 too. Death Note was number in 2006.

In the sales by volume listt, Death Note had several volumes above it in 2006 while Nana practically had the same sales until its hiatus in 2009.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=65525
You can check here^

Thank you so much!! :D:D
Jun 2, 2015 10:15 PM
May 2015
So can we now please get another season of Ao Haru Ride.[/quote]

If there will be another season. Futaba x Kou shippers will hate it.

Season 2 will mostly be a Touma x Futaba thing. Which I don't mind... Touma > Kou[/quote]

Nope. there will never be a season 2. So, if you want, you can start reading the manga. Till this date, I have never seen a shoujo anime being adapted from a manga that has already ended.[/quote]

Well, that's one way to crush all my hopes and dreams.
Jun 3, 2015 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Sidaliroy said:
Wow.. i didn't expected that! Nanatsu surpassed One piece oooooohh yeah :D announce a season 2 and it will be perfect :D , btw so sad that Magi dropped so much :/

You'll be waiting a long time for NNT S2, First season adapted pretty much all of the Manga except the latest like 20 chapters.
Jun 3, 2015 12:52 AM
Apr 2015
keragamming said:
I didn't want to get into this snk vs one piece debate. Know one is right or wrong. season 2 of snk will probably air in spring 2016, at that time the series will have 19 volumes, more volumes equal more sales.

Know one knows the amount of impact season 2 will bring for the manga sales, it will probably not be as big as season 1, but the fact remains that it will have more volumes out this time around means anything is possible.

Snk could get more loyal fans in the sales per volume part, during or after the second season. People shouldn't talk as if its impossible for snk to reach one piece per volume sales. Snk vol 12, sold 2.4mill at the end of the year for the 2014 sales while one piece best volume did 3.1 or 3.2 mil?

So people shouldn't act like the sales per volume are that far apart. don't let the normal edition sales alone fool you.

Now before anyone attack me, I'm just putting out the possibilities here. Not saying this is how its going to play out since know one knows how much of an effect the 2nd season will have.

But again, it can happen. So to one piece fans, I know you guys are extremely confident that nothing can take one piece off the #1 spot, but its best you be humble about it.

SNK might do it but it has to be really great and it won't be because of anime boost. Anime helps people learn about the manga and makes people try out the manga. That is what happened with SNK and by the time people got into SNK there were already 12+ volumes so people were buying all the volumes but now people already know about it and as a result the second anime won't really boost the sales much. Only way more readers might come if the manga becomes really good where more people starts buying the volumes like what happened with OP and marineford arc and I don't see that is happening with SNK.
Jun 3, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
The boost happened because of strong world, it didnt happen because an arc was "soooo goooood" or w/e
Jun 3, 2015 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
I really need to read NnT I guess. Obvious LN top 3, still happy for it. Oh and Hidan no Aria on 21st, hey.
Jun 3, 2015 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
Gotta watch Nanatsu no Taizai. It seems so good.
Jun 3, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2014
Kagerou Daze is still selling really well I'm glad. It had been a year since volume 5 and it looks like it's still popular.
Jun 3, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
Dragon88 said:
keragamming said:

SNK might do it but it has to be really great and it won't be because of anime boost. Anime helps people learn about the manga and makes people try out the manga. That is what happened with SNK and by the time people got into SNK there were already 12+ volumes so people were buying all the volumes but now people already know about it and as a result the second anime won't really boost the sales much. Only way more readers might come if the manga becomes really good where more people starts buying the volumes like what happened with OP and marineford arc and I don't see that is happening with SNK.

Their is no hype arc in nanatsu no taizai, do you honestly think people bought all the old volumes because of some hype arc?

And even if that was the case how do you know that snk won't have a hype arc by 2016? You're not even following the series anymore.

Fyi the current arc in snk is wrapping up this month, and it seems the next arc is going to eren father basement. As I've said before know one can predict what is going to happen so just wait and see.

Snk will get boost next year when season 2 airs, the real question is just how much of a boost it will get?
keragammingJun 3, 2015 2:48 PM
Jun 3, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2014
^Just watched the 5th episode... wtf isn't Eren dead?
Jun 3, 2015 4:36 PM
Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Dragon88 said:

Their is no hype arc in nanatsu no taizai, do you honestly think people bought all the old volumes because of some hype arc?

And even if that was the case how do you know that snk won't have a hype arc by 2016? You're not even following the series anymore.

Fyi the current arc in snk is wrapping up this month, and it seems the next arc is going to eren father basement. As I've said before know one can predict what is going to happen so just wait and see.

Snk will get boost next year when season 2 airs, the real question is just how much of a boost it will get?

People brought NNT because of the anime not because of the arc, before the anime people really did not know about NNT much. The anime did the boost in sales and anime does that for new mangas such as AOT 2 years ago and NNT this year. I said the hype was because of the anime not the arc. Only time to me it seems the arc really made a huge impact was with OP and the WB war arc and also SA and ID arc. Because that is when OP was at its best and everyone wanted to read OP and at the same time the movie came out. AOT doesn't have that just because the anime is coming back it won't help much in the sales. It would give a boost but very little since everyone already knows about AOT.
Jun 3, 2015 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
^ everyone knows about attack on titan? I doubt that. And if so not everyone did buy the manga volumes. Maybe they didn't like the first season. But who knows maybe when the second season airs they may like the second season and start buying the manga volumes. Op sells 3mill copies that means snk can always go up in per volume sales. also that little boost could do wonders. and how can someone know if an arc is really good if they don't buy the volume? The only other way people can know that is by word of mouth or simple hype, which means everyone is talking about it.

Also by 2016 snk should be soon at its climax since it will probably end around late 2017 early 2018. Reaching to the basement + s2 anime hype. So my IMO basement arc should bring a lot of hype since that's what most people are interesting in. I always have anime watchers ask me if they have reach the basement yet.

Dragon88 I know you fancy op more than snk, but straight up telling me that what I'm saying will never happen in a million years is ridiculous, unless you're from thd future.

I'm not saying that what I'm saying is going to happen next year, all I'm saying its a possibility, even if its 1% chance its still a possibility. So you can breath easy now, know one said that snk will beat op next year in sales. So just stop this mindless debate.

Arcanix keep watching. ;)
Jun 4, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
Soooo... Mahouka s2?
Tutturu ~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.